Isra Nightingale
breathe [open]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2019 0:21:34 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont="Beth Ellen|Poiret One"]
[attr="class","israimg"]
[attr="class","isras2g"]
[attr="class","israchats"]

"Onsen. A hot spring though the term also extends to cover the bathing facilities and traditional inns situated around a hot spring." Isra reads on the screen of her phone, it's sitting on the edge of the water where she's hanging off the edge. Her top half up against the side so she can read from her phone safely while her lower half is submerged. She's never been in one of these and she can't help but be curious about what all it entails.
[break][break]
Isra props her phone up on the towel she has left by the side of the spring, according to what she has read that is the traditional etiquette one is to follow while visiting an Onsen. She continues to scroll the screen with a single finger while the rest of her sinks back, reading the words on the screen and mouthing them to herself as she reads. A finger taps on her lips before typing something else into the search bar, looking for more information on the Onsen's as a whole.
[break][break]
It's late and as one might expect the Onsen seems to be fairly quiet, most everyone else is likely tired from the festivities and action. Isra has gone back and forth between napping and trying to participate but tonight she's decided to fall back again, enjoying a second to breath instead. Something tells her that's the purpose of the Onsen even though what she reads doesn't outright say it.
[break][break]
She's distracted by the information her phone is feeding her and doesn't pay too much attention to coming and going of the other late nighters, muttering no more than a "Good evening" to those that get close enough to warrant it.
[break][break][break]
>>open ;w;

i'm no sweet dream
but i'm a hell of a knife
[attr="class","israbox"]
[newclass=".israimg"]position: absolute; z-index: 10;[/newclass][newclass=".isras2g"]position: relative; z-index: 5;[/newclass][newclass=".israbox"]position: absolute; z-index: -10;[/newclass][newclass=".israchats b"]color: #979c6b;[/newclass][newclass=".israchats i"]color: #5d96a5;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
breathe [open]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2019 10:33:01 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] late night brings a tranquil silence to the otherwise boisterous hyacinth halls. a day full of festivities clamor down into an early evening. those that have tired themselves out in repeated skirmishes between the three houses now lay passed out in their beds. those that have a fancy for late nights find another way to partake in mischievous activities. fernando finds pleasure in neither and retires to his own duties, never too far off from busying himself with league business.

a loose towel hung from his waist is flung over his shoulder as fernando exits the changing room. he stands by the edge of the hot spring and lays the towel out, folder twice over, prepared for when he needs to dry off afterwards. he takes a single step in and the warm water feels divine against weary skin. it reminds him of lavaridge and the thought of crosses his mind, albeit only for a moment. his body continues to sink beneath the water's touch with each step, starting at his ankles until it swallows him up to his waist.

the onsen isn't huge by any measure but it's sizable enough to house most of the hall's inhabitants. that makes it easy enough for both of them to miss one another at first. however, the further fernando ventures in, the more likely he is the stumble across isra. the sight of green hair tells him all that he needs to know.

"you would be the only one up this late."

his voice is muted but riddled with a hint of something antagonistic.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
breathe [open]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2019 5:49:16 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","israimg"]
[attr="class","isras2g"]

"Cursed by the sun she shall travel in the wonders of the night while the stars guide her way to the isle of the damned. There she might find creatures such as her, pale and yellow eyed, staring at the stars and awaiting her arrival."
[break][break]
He won't know the old story she quotes in response to his comment. Something from her childhood that could not be found in any book, at least not one she had ever been able to find. Her mother had told her it again and again as a child.
[break][break]
Isra turns around to face the man that has joined her, having recognized him by his voice long before she sees the blue hair. She was aware others were in the onsen but hadn't realized just who it was. "And you would be the one to manage to find me." she turns again only to reach for her phone and turn it off, setting it farther out of reach of the waters before turning back to him. "Can't sleep?" Isra asks across the water, head tilting ever so slightly tot he side.
[break][break][break]

i'm no sweet dream
[attr="class","israbox"]
[newclass=".israimg"]position: absolute; z-index: 10;[/newclass][newclass=".isras2g"]position: relative; z-index: 5;[/newclass][newclass=".israbox"]position: absolute; z-index: -10;[/newclass][newclass=".israchats b"]color: #979c6b;[/newclass][newclass=".israchats i"]color: #5d96a5;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
breathe [open]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2019 8:07:57 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] fernando listens intently at first but as isra goes on the more his face contorts, scrunched up with a judgmental scowl that shows his outward judgement toward such a tale. by the time she turns around his facial expression is gone, replaced by a much more mundane frown. this one she should be used to: his default expression, latent for a multitude of his more pointed impressions.

"yeah. i doubt i'll get much sleep." personal space is not something he understands, at least in regards to onsens. he continues to approach, at least into hand's reach. enough so to see her through the water and vice versa. "unless you want to put me to bed."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
breathe [open]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2019 8:17:47 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","israimg"]
[attr="class","isras2g"]

The look on his face doesn't surprise her, it'd be just like him to be frowning even now. At least he makes her chuckle with his comment.
[break][break]
"Well that didn't take long." his proximity doesn't bother her, it's nothing new between them. She only watches him and the waves his presence makes in the water. "Depends on if you can get me out of the water first."
[break][break]
She plans to enjoy herself at least a little bit while the place isn't crowded with people even if she has to share the space with Fernando. Not that it bother's her.
[break][break][break]

i'm no sweet dream
[attr="class","israbox"]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
breathe [open]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2019 8:22:53 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"i can do that—"

fernando catches himself at the tail end of his comment. he knows what his instinctual answer is to that but his filter puts a halt on that to prevent him from saying something he'll regret. the pause is instant and he never breaks a reasonable tempo for conversation. it's a millisecond at best and that's enough to push a different lead.

"—but i think that'll ruin your mood."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
breathe [open]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2019 8:26:33 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

"What? You scared to 'ruin my mood'?" she asks, a brow raised. She's not quite sure what it is about the comment that seems off but something does and it irks her. There's a hint of something at her tone like she's looking to egg him on. If he's going to talk like that he might as well just do it.

"You'd be surprised, I don't think you know me quite as well as you think you do."

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #9ed480;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
breathe [open]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2019 8:34:17 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "quite."

fernando continues to float closer but his eyes never stray away from her own, even when they become fully visible to one another, minuscule details and all. his eyes narrow and try to dig in at her own. the seriousness of his expression shows how earnest his comment is. at least he tries to portray as such.

"don't say i didn't want you."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
breathe [open]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2019 8:41:24 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"I'll only punch you a little bit if you do, I promise." she's surprisingly playful about it, obviously joking. She lets him come to her, because if he's going to talk smack she expects him to put up his dukes. There's a smug grin on her face as she waits (not so) patiently to find out what his big game plan apparently is.

"Take too long though and I might punch you a little hard instead."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
breathe [open]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2019 8:44:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] he's close enough to embrace her now. more than enough to punch her in the nose as well. he stops there and her comment pulls at his own. "that's assault," he replies in a deadpan, matter-of-fact tone. something about threatening him always brings out a need to address it. some could even say it's a chance to flex his political power.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
breathe [open]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2019 8:58:44 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

She let's him, hands moving to his chest without thinking about it. She's almost comfortable like this. "That's nice." she's awful nonchalant about it. It's gonna take more than that to dampen her mood. She's been enjoying the onsen so far she won't let him change that.

Isra gives him an expectant look because really, it doesn't phase her at all.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
breathe [open]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2019 12:12:18 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]despite the heat of the onsen, her hands feel warm to the touch. her palms lay against his chest and fernando glares at her. "last chance," he warns, placing his own hands on her hips, fingers curved against her skin. "don't say i didn't warn you."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
breathe [open]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2019 6:23:41 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"it'd be more fun if you warned less to be honest." playful by nature and that's how she sees their banter even as her finger drum against his chest. Waiting for him to make his attempt. Who knows, he may even surprise her.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
breathe [open]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2019 3:31:10 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "i don't like surprises," he answers bluntly. the answer doesn't even have a second to settle before fernando launches his attack, pushing forward to steal a kiss he has no business committing to. and, like everything else he does, he over commits. isra should be no stranger to his tendencies by now and the feeling of something lurking in the onsen reflects the forcefulness behind his embrace.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
breathe [open]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2019 7:12:22 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

He's quick to kiss and while Isra would normally welcome to motion tonight she's just not going to be as easily swayed. No matter how strongly he seems to feel about the matter. besides, isn't half the fun in drawing it out?

She let's him enjoy himself just enough to know it'll annoy him when she pushes him away, not completely of course. But enough he won't be able to ignore her when she speaks. "Have you even taken the time to enjoy the Onsen yet Fernando? Because I haven't." she comments, distraction more than anything because she's never one to simply cave in.