Isra Nightingale
Mad hatter [alexei]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2019 4:28:37 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont="Beth Ellen|Poiret One"]
[attr="class","israimg"]
[attr="class","isras2g"]
[attr="class","israchats"]

Alexei planted the idea in her brain and Isra did the rest of her own accord. Isra found a nice little beahc house to rent out for the night, one with a porch and a view. She sat at the small table for two and waited for her friend, peering out over the beach while she kept an eye out for him from the cover of the awning. The setting sun painted the sky and water in an array of colors, enough so for her to get lost in them, wondering what possibly could be in each and every one of them, what made it shine with such vibrancy. She was like a child watching some kind of magic happen and in a lot of ways she was. It was a part of her she didn't seem inclined to let go of.
[break][break]
A breeze whips by and she reaches for her giant beach hat, keeping it on her head while she turns to the electric kettle plugged into the wall. It came with the quaint little place and seemed the perfect thing to keep their tea warm while they sat and chatted.
[break][break]
She just hoped it wasn't too late for him, with all that seemed to be going on lately, things had quieted down in some ways and grown noisier in others. She hoped he was doing well enough to make it here in time.
[break][break][break]

i'm no sweet dream
but i'm a hell of a knife
[attr="class","israbox"]
[newclass=".israimg"]position: absolute; z-index: 10;[/newclass][newclass=".isras2g"]position: relative; z-index: 5;[/newclass][newclass=".israbox"]position: absolute; z-index: -10;[/newclass][newclass=".israchats b"]color: #979c6b;[/newclass][newclass=".israchats i"]color: #5d96a5;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Mad hatter [alexei]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2019 15:53:00 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","coveredhills"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-top"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-icon"][attr="class","lnr lnr-cloud"]

[attr="class","coveredhills-img"]

snow-covered hills

can i sail through the changing ocean tides?

[attr="class","coveredhills-tag"]

[attr="class","coveredhills-tag-2"]TAGGED

[attr="class","coveredhills-2"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-pkmn"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-pkmn-2"]PKMN

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]kyouya braviary

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]gabriel salamence

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]vincent riolu

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]carina ribombee

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]agni magmortar

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]marius lapras

[attr="class","coveredhills-post"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-post-1"]

She’d sent him a message inviting him over to one of the summer houses that littered Slateport Beach. One of those fancy-ass, expensive houses whose daily rent was definitely more than what he could afford on his salary. Most of the money he made went straight to maintaining the Sanctuary and making sure that everything was running just fine even without him.[break][break]

So when she’d mentioned she was making tea, he texted back and said he’d be bringing in the food. Little pinwheel sandwiches, of course. Biscuits, a small jar of jam, some bread—typical fare for something equally classy.[break][break]

He’d texted her to let her know he was going to be just a little late, because of the re-arranging of the contents of the picnic basket he was going to be bringing along with him. No way was he going to have all the food get fucked up on the trip now, was he?[break][break]

He would eventually arrive, astride a Salamence’s back. Once he’d hit the sand, he gave the draconid a well-meaning-pat, before recalling the other back to give him some time to rest.[break][break]

“Hey, I got the food here!” he calls out as he approaches, climbing up the steps to the outdoor patio where the greenette was waiting for his arrival.[break][break]

“Sorry I took a while. Had to make sure I had a wide enough selection of food for us both.”

[attr="class","coveredhills-notes"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-notes-2"]

word count: 234

BY: PHARAOH LEAP, FOR VEN

[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]
[googlefont=Montserrat:200,300,400,700]

[newclass=.coveredhills]padding:14px;border:solid 1px #252525;width:500px;background-color:#2e2e2e;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top]position:relative;white-space:nowrap;height:30px;overflow:hidden;border:solid 1px #252525;border-bottom:none;background-color:#a26dbd;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right,#a26dbd,#b691c4);color:#2e2e2e;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-icon]position:absolute;font-size:250px;line-height:250px;margin:-90px 0px 0px 225px;opacity:.10;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-img]float:left;height:100px;width:100px;padding:24px;background-color:#292929;border:solid 1px #2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:-60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-img img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top h1]margin:-5px 0px 0px 0px;padding:0px;text-align:right;font:32px Montserrat;letter-spacing:-2px;font-weight:700!important;font-style:italic;line-height:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top h2]margin:0px;padding:0px;text-align:right;font:bold 9px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag]overflow:hidden;text-transform:uppercase;height:30px;border:solid 1px #252525;padding:19px;background-color:#333333;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag div]line-height:10px;color:#a26dbd;letter-spacing:.5px;font:bold 9px Roboto;padding:9px 13px;border-radius:15px;float:left;margin-right:5px;margin-bottom:19px;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#2e2e2e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag div a]font:bold 9px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag-2]background-color:#a26dbd!important;color:#2e2e2e!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-2]margin-top:-1px;border:solid 1px #252525;height:421px;background-color:#2c2c2c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-pkmn]margin:-1px 0px 0px -1px;float:left;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;width:70px;height:396px;text-align:center;padding:5px 0px 20px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-pkmn-2]text-align:left;position:absolute;font:20px Montserrat;font-weight:700!important;line-height:20px;font-style:italic;padding:26px;height:18px;background-color:#a26dbd;background:linear-gradient(to bottom left,#a26dbd,#b691c4);color:#2e2e2e;width:70px;white-space:nowrap;transform:rotate(-90deg);margin:320px 0px 0px -26px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p]filter:grayscale(50%);margin-top:15px;cursor:pointer;height:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p-2]color:#eeeeee;-webkit-transition: all .2s ease; -moz-transition: all .2s ease; -o-transition: all .2s ease;opacity:0;position:absolute;background-color:#333333;padding:24px;width:450px;text-align:left;margin-top:-119px;font:20px Montserrat;line-height:20px;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p-2 .a]margin-top:-1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post]padding:35px 35px 0px 106px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1]height:265px;overflow:auto;padding-right:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:transparent;border:none;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes]margin:20px 35px 0px 106px;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#303030;padding:19px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2]height:24px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:transparent;border:none;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills] }.ch-p:hover + .ch-p-2 { opacity:1;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Mad hatter [alexei]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2019 20:19:52 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont="Beth Ellen|Poiret One"]
[attr="class","israimg"]
[attr="class","isras2g"]
[attr="class","israchats"]

And there he is. She watches him land with a grin on her face, it makes for quite a sight against the current back drop. Could have almost been a movie scene and it makes her chuckle because a not so long ago adventure of their has probably scared both of them into never wanting to do something like that again.
[break][break]
"It's quite alright!." she calls back. "Better you handle the food than me anyway, I'm fine at making tea but I'm sure i'd manage to screw up even sandwiches somehow." for a woman so capable in so many other things, like a sponge that soaked up information and skill sets left and right Isra had never managed to have the right temperament for food making. She could manage alright when she absolutely had to but she tried to avoid it as much as possible.
[break][break]
Now that he was here she set up their tea cups, a perfect matching pair she had picked out from the china cabinet at home just for this purpose. It seemed fitting to try a little extra fro Alexei, eh'd treated her well enough to deserve it. Isra poured the tea as he came up the porch so it would be ready for him when he sat down.
[break][break][break]

i'm no sweet dream
but i'm a hell of a knife
[attr="class","israbox"]
[newclass=".israimg"]position: absolute; z-index: 10;[/newclass][newclass=".isras2g"]position: relative; z-index: 5;[/newclass][newclass=".israbox"]position: absolute; z-index: -10;[/newclass][newclass=".israchats b"]color: #979c6b;[/newclass][newclass=".israchats i"]color: #5d96a5;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Mad hatter [alexei]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2019 9:18:41 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

“It’s hard flying with a basket full of food, but I managed it. Somehow,” he says presently as he sets it down on the table.[break][break]

At her remark, he smirked for a few moments—an encounter in her kitchen some time ago had pretty much confirmed that she had almost no talent in the kitchen, and he couldn’t blame her for it.[break][break]

Thank hell I’ve worked odd jobs here and there then, he thinks to himself as he opens the basket and the delicious smells of…several somethings starts to waft out of it. “I made… let’s see here…”[break][break]

He then begins by pulling out the serving plates and setting them down, before starting to produce the food one by one. Several piles of finger sandwiches appear—one with chicken, the other with salmon. After he’s done arranging them on one of the bigger plates, he then starts to bring out rolls.[break][break]

Well, they look like some kind of roll, frosted lightly. Along with those comes a batch of muffins (blueberry) and then a jar of strawberry jam.[break][break]

“Wait, I’m not even done yet,” he says, reaching in and pulling out a smaller tray and then arranging some biscuits on them. “What? You thought I was just going to bring only that? I brought as much food as we can eat!” he adds a few moments later, mischievous grin on his face.[break][break]

Once he’s done setting up, there’s enough for a literal two-person tea party buffet spread out in front of them.[break][break]

“…and they say I’m excessive. Am I?” he asks the greenette presently.

word count: 263

[newclass=.coveredhills]padding:14px;border:solid 1px #252525;width:500px;background-color:#2e2e2e;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top]position:relative;white-space:nowrap;height:30px;overflow:hidden;border:solid 1px #252525;border-bottom:none;background-color:#a26dbd;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right,#a26dbd,#b691c4);color:#2e2e2e;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-icon]position:absolute;font-size:250px;line-height:250px;margin:-90px 0px 0px 225px;opacity:.10;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-img]float:left;height:100px;width:100px;padding:24px;background-color:#292929;border:solid 1px #2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:-60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-img img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top h1]margin:-5px 0px 0px 0px;padding:0px;text-align:right;font:32px Montserrat;letter-spacing:-2px;font-weight:700!important;font-style:italic;line-height:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top h2]margin:0px;padding:0px;text-align:right;font:bold 9px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag]overflow:hidden;text-transform:uppercase;height:30px;border:solid 1px #252525;padding:19px;background-color:#333333;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag div]line-height:10px;color:#a26dbd;letter-spacing:.5px;font:bold 9px Roboto;padding:9px 13px;border-radius:15px;float:left;margin-right:5px;margin-bottom:19px;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#2e2e2e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag div a]font:bold 9px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag-2]background-color:#a26dbd!important;color:#2e2e2e!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-2]margin-top:-1px;border:solid 1px #252525;height:421px;background-color:#2c2c2c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-pkmn]margin:-1px 0px 0px -1px;float:left;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;width:70px;height:396px;text-align:center;padding:5px 0px 20px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-pkmn-2]text-align:left;position:absolute;font:20px Montserrat;font-weight:700!important;line-height:20px;font-style:italic;padding:26px;height:18px;background-color:#a26dbd;background:linear-gradient(to bottom left,#a26dbd,#b691c4);color:#2e2e2e;width:70px;white-space:nowrap;transform:rotate(-90deg);margin:320px 0px 0px -26px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p]filter:grayscale(50%);margin-top:15px;cursor:pointer;height:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p-2]color:#eeeeee;-webkit-transition: all .2s ease; -moz-transition: all .2s ease; -o-transition: all .2s ease;opacity:0;position:absolute;background-color:#333333;padding:24px;width:450px;text-align:left;margin-top:-119px;font:20px Montserrat;line-height:20px;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1]height:265px;overflow:auto;padding-right:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:transparent;border:none;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes]margin:20px 35px 0px 106px;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#303030;padding:19px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2]height:24px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:transparent;border:none;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Mad hatter [alexei]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2019 7:44:54 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

Isra watches him, surprisingly quiet as he sets up plate after plate of gems for them to eat. She had expected at least a small plate of snacks but hadn't quite been prepared for so much. She should have been really, after that last time they had dinner at his place. The guy really went all out it seemed and now was no different.

By the time he was done everything about the place made for quite the quaint little scene by the beach and Isra looked up at with wonder in her eyes when he asked her a question. "Doesn't matter. I love it." her grin was wide and genuine. She meant it, a rare moment where the woman spoke in an affectionate manner. It was an emotion and social cue that she had a hard time grasping, not being sure what was the right thing to say. That never seemed to matter with Alexei though and that was how they'd wound up so close knit friends in recent months.

It made her feel bad about the secrets she held on to. Weren't you supposed to share those with each other?

Regardless, she grabs a small sanwich and takes a bite, covering her mouth as she's eager to comment. "These are wonderful Alexei!"

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #9ed480;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Mad hatter [alexei]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2019 15:58:26 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

If there was one thing that came out of him being excessive in the kitchen—it was that he knew how to prepare everything to a fine science.[break][break]

Secretly thanking the several odd jobs he worked in kitchens from little restaurants back in Castelia and here in Hoenn, he knew that applying at bakeries and small-time restaurants let him gain much valuable experience. Even if he didn’t stay far too long with them, the couple of years or so he had with them were enough to teach him how to get around a kitchen.[break][break]

Hell, one of them even taught him how to make food for Pokémon at some point.[break][break]

“I had to second-guess some of them, but—I’m glad you like them,” he says presently, reaching for one of the salmon-grilled treats he’d made, watching as she began digging into the feast that he’d laid out before them.[break][break]

“What kind of tea do you have for today?” he inquires, once he’s finished with the salmon on rye bread he’d made and attacking a blueberry muffin. The one torture was that he couldn’t touch or taste them until he was done, and even then…[break][break]

“Wow. I didn’t know I could make stuff this good,” he commented around his mouthful of muffin, eagerly awaiting the tea that the greenette would be serving.

word count: 221

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Mad hatter [alexei]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2019 7:30:08 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

"Chamomile." she replies, surprisingly soft. Something about the setting mellows her in a way she's not used to and it is equal parts comforting and unsettling. Something she has only felt in the company of a rare few. Isra watches him a moment before picking up the cup she had just poured for him and moving it in front of him.

The woman looks over the spread again before continuing. "And by the look of what you've brought with you I think its a fitting match." she grins at him before taking a sip from her own cup.

The woman is quiet a moment, staring out at the beach. If Alexei takes her silence as a chance to speak she won't stop, listening while she watches the waves. Only a year ago she would have never thought this possible. It wasn't a type of life she was headed for.

"You know, despite how much I drink tea I've never had a real tea party before I think." at least not anything she would think counted.

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #9ed480;[/newclass]