Bake it till you make it [Mission]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2019 23:36:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
This bake sale was finally a job that Joseph actually had some interest in as he ever so loved to bake and cook, especially for others. Dazzling others with not only taste but with presentation was an ever so wonderful feeling which allowed him to push himself both creatively and technically.

And it would allow him to bring something from his home region of Galar to Hoenn. This fact was why the group was more than ecstatic to have Joseph join them along outside of having a celebrity join their little event. Well, little was what Joseph thought it was going to be, it was much larger than he expected.

And it didn’t take long for his stand to get crowded with consistent orders and sales. His Galarian treats were flying off the shelves and the reception he was getting so far was nothing but fantastic. It was most certainly wonderful, enough to bring a smile to his face, but he had yet to take out the main attraction! His magnum opus!

Open mission!
Mission Link: Here
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2019 4:42:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Avery Collins? Turn down an opportunity to bake sweets? Not on your life!

If there was one thing that young Pokemon liked more than playtime and long naps after playtime, it was sweets and candy. Avery had gotten exceptionally good at baking, specifically the part where she could decorate and make her cupcakes and tarts and you name it pretty and pastel and adorable.

What's more, Avery had jumped at the opportunity to help raise money for Slateport.

For the better part of the morning she had been busy handing out sweet treats to people. It stopped, however, very suddenly when someone new arrived presenting baked goods home made with a home-made touch.

She decided to hang up her apron for a moment and take a look for herself, curiosity getting the better of her. She was in no way jealous that some stranger had taken all of her customers, but rather was excited to get a taste of whatever was so exciting and new.

As she approached, she closed her eyes to breath in the wonderful smell of the man's bake sale offerings.

"These smell absolutely amazing! I'd love to buy one, if you don't mind."

@joseph
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2019 16:38:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Joseph smiled at the woman’s delight, just the reaction that he wanted to get! ”Of course! I’d be more than happy to send you on your way with one of these delicious treats!” His smiled widen, flashing those pearly whites and giving the woman a wink. ”Now what can I interest you with today? We’ve got plenty of treats from the Galar region! Pretty rare here in Hoenn, right?” He’d show her to an interesting looking item based on one of Galar’s Pokémon.

”Right here we have ourselves some cookies based on Galar’s own Morpeko and just like the two-sided Pokémon this cookie is multi flavored.” Joseph had always had a decent talent for hamming things up.

”Oh and you must try a piece of this cake! The cream filling and icing were made with straight from an Alcremie and are simply to die for!” While of course, he was doing his best to sell he wasn’t lying, shit was pretty good. ”Either of these sound good to you? Or maybe instead of just one we can go for two? Not very often you run into stuff like this.”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2019 3:42:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The amount of excitement behind Avery's bright grin was unmeasurable. Her eyes lit up at the young man's enthusiasm, though he was also likely equally excited about the amount of money he was about to receive for his goods.

When he winked she would giggle and blush, but nonetheless maintain her curiosity and wait patiently while he explained what sort of sweet treats he had on display.

"The Galar region you say? You're the second person I've met who's come from there!"

Her amazement had piqued as she opens her mouth in awe. The Pokemon the cookies were adorably strange, not matching the description or likeness of anything she had seen before. As such, she would remain open-mouthed and surprised even while he explained to her what it was, and what the rest of them were.

"Everything looks fantastic! I'd love to take a couple of each, actually. And.. if you don't mind, maybe you could show me how to make the multi-flavored cookies?"

@joseph
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2019 20:28:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Hook, line and sinker! The delight on the woman’s face was enough to tell Joseph he had did a job well done. With the record he was going at he was positive that the people in charge would be quite pleased with him.

Funny how he didn’t really care about this at first but now he was totally got into it. Perhaps that came from his competitive drive to do the best he can and come out ahead of the competition. Whatever it was at least the people at the bake sale were the main beneficiaries of this drive of his.

”A couple of each coming right up!” He began to gather the woman’s order as he continued. ”Teach you?” Joseph paused for a moment, mulling it over. ”I suppose you could but it would probably cost you! These are trade secrets after all!” He winked.

”I’m just kidding! I’ll show you how to make the cookies free of charge! It’ll have to wait until the sale is all over.” Joseph was after all, still on the clock.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2019 21:46:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
While she waited, she couldn't help but admire the rest of his display. It was simple but clean, organized to show off the more intricate goodies while also allowing people to browse and ask questions.

He parrots her question and she brings her attention back, eyes wide. Had she overstepped? She parts her lips to apologize, a flush of embarrassment filling her cheeks. Then he winks and informs her it would 'probably cost her'.

Just as soon as he teases her he gives up on his charade, assuring her he's kidding and making it clear they'd have to wait until after the sale. There's still a rosiness in her cheeks and she laughs nervously as she takes her bag of treats. She reaches into her purse for some change to pay for it before smiling.

"Okay! We don't have to do it now though, I'd hate to be a burden. I'll just leave you my business card if you'd rather get together later?"

She's handing him a thin card with her name and phone number on it. It contains other bits of information regarding the Collins' Daycare in Lilycove among other things.

@joseph
close tab

played by

NPC

awards
206 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2019 1:24:01 GMT
NPC Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#6f5e7b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-magic-wand"]

🎃TRICK-or-TREAT!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]

A PUMPKABOO FLOATS BY with a treat clasped underneath its tiny fangs. both of you receive the following:[break][break]
[break][break]
(note: you do not need to engage with the pumpkaboo icly).[break]
@joseph &

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 23:53:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
”Oh please you’re not a burden at all!” He happily took the card, quickly noting the details on the piece of paper. ”We can definitely schedule something for later!” Though there was still something on his mind that he just had to ask about.

”Were you participating in the event as well? I haven’t had much time to look around. I’d love to try some of your treats if that’s the case!” It was a bit of a shame, he could have found some delicious treats if he took a break.

”Maybe if I have some time before the whole thing is over I can take a peak.” He said, mostly to himself.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2019 16:06:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Avery smiles, happy to hear that.

Her eyebrows raise curiously as he begs a question, and she tilts her head and glances back at her own booth.

"Oh! Yes, but I'm afraid I really didn't have the time to put as much effort in as you have. I made caramel apples and the like, for the fall season. Cookies and cakes seemed to have been the real hit, however!"

There's no sadness or disappointment in her voice, however, because she genuinely is indifferent to it all. She had come to enjoy the festivities and support other budding businesses and bake sales, not to worry about her own profit.

"Of course! Feel free to stop by anytime."

She smiles again before dipping her head politely.

@joseph
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2019 3:59:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
”Oh come on now don’t talk about your work like that!” As he spoke he looked around, everything seemed to be dying down so it would probably be good to call it quits for today.

”I’d love to try what you’ve made and seeing as it’s pretty much time to call it quits I figure why not take a break and see what you’ve made!” Joseph made sure to get everything in proper order and closed down before he’d leave his stand, ready to head over to Avery’s. ”Now let’s see what you’ve got.”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2019 1:45:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Avery blushes, shaking her head at his insistence. She hadn't really intended to downtrod her own work, she was merely aware that her baked goods were not as indulgent and specially made as others.

Her eyes widen in surprise as he then insists on visiting her booth. She glances over her shoulder at the forlorn little table and she laughs, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Oh, right now? Sure, sure, why not? I have a few candied apples left - I figured it was appropriate for the fall season."

Avery then leads the young man towards her booth, plucking one of her goodies to hand it to him.

@joseph
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2019 1:04:13 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy!