so many bees! (bug catching)

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2019 21:50:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Although bugs generally weren't her thing, as the more aggressively terrifying or enormous ones were normally the types to sting people or act out of hand and generally be unpleasant company, Avery went out of her way regardless to participate in the bug-catching event.

She couldn't even count on two hands the amount of people she saw nearby, all wielding an assortment of bug-catching nets and Pokemon partners by their sides. Several had likely already filled their proverbial basket with captured wild Pokemon, but Avery had had other arrangements earlier in the day or week and hadn't had time to kick back and enjoy herself.

However, she was here now, and she held between her determined fists a bright pink net. It smelled like flowers because she had been careful to weave sweet-smelling petals and flower stems into the metal bits. It was her, probably poor, attempt to make it easier on herself. Aside from that, she also had her ever-helpful Riolu at her side to help her hunt down some creepy crawlies.

@bugs
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2019 3:01:06 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.gardenBG]--gardenColor:#65C498[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","gardenBG"]
[attr="class","gardenHead"]
parasect

attacks!

[attr="class","gardenCut"]
[attr="class","gardenCutIn"]
[attr="class","gardenCutBG"]

[attr="class","gardenIMG"]

[attr="class","gardenText"]

[attr="class","gardenStats"]
stats

male - effect spore[break]
cross poison / giga drain / growth / aromatherapy / pursuit

[attr="class","gardenTag"]

[break]

gaSEa7_h
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2019 13:49:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Riolu steps in front of Avery protectively, his body tense as a particularly smelly bug-type Pokemon approaches. Avery can feel herself holding her breath, eyes scanning briefly over the sparkly spores that glisten on the wild Pokemon's soft shell. It looks unsteady on it's feet, like it's seeing through them, but not at them.

"It looks sick, Riolu. We should definitely take it home and nurse it back to health."

At the mention of that, the Parasect begins to grow, burying its claws in the ground and sucking up nutrients. Avery gasps, swinging her bug net, but it's Riolu who actually does something useful. He launches himself forward just as the Parasect is about to attack. His fist connects with the Pokemon's face in a powerful force palm, knocking the Parasect back. It twitches, appearing paralyzed.

However, in the process, Riolu is also knocked unconscious by the Parasect's effect spore. Avery picks up the sleeping fighting-type in one hand while throwing an event pokeball at the twitching Parasect.

RmfSw2kK

catching parasect

@bugs
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2019 1:25:41 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

masquerain

attacks!

stats

male - intimidate[break]
gust / bug buzz / whirlwind / quiver dance / aqua jet

[break]

bT6gPx3B

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2019 2:01:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
In one arm, Avery cradles her open-mouthed snoring Riolu. She shuffles him for a moment to squat down and pick up the Parasect's pokeball before breathing a sigh of relief. Something about the creature had made her anxious and uncomfortable. Maybe it was the dull, lifeless stare, like he was seeing right through her.

The soft buzz of wings, followed by the occasional splash of water drew her attention to a small pond off in the corner. Just as she laid eyes on a very pretty Masquerain, she squeezed the shaft of her net tightly, setting her jaw. She had made the quick decision to go out of her way and attempt to catch this one herself. Yes, it was in part because her Riolu was still out like a light, but still.

"Let's do this, Avery."

She whispers under her breath as she very slowly and, as stealthily as she can, approaches the water. She makes an incredible splash as she slaps her net into the water, hopefully snagging the poor bug-type out of the air and unceremoniously dunking it in the water for a moment. While she tussles with that, she throws a pokeball after setting Riolu down on the ground to nap.

ijOUz72e

catching masquerain

@bugs
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2019 5:50:14 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

shuckle

attacks!

stats

female - sturdy[break]
stone edge / guard split / shell smash / safeguard / sweet scent

[break]

H5fSFrsS

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2019 14:50:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
There's a futile splash and thrash as Avery awkwardly captures the half-drowned Masquerain. She whispers pathetic words of apology as she wrings the net out of water. Scratching the back of her head, she glances around idly for her next target, but she vowed this time to be a lot more gentle about it.

All of this talk of her needing to be more assertive or dominant was way too much for her, she definitely preferred the softer, kinder approach.

Just then a tiny Shuckle begins to meander past her, it's worm-like tentacles carrying it across the grass with ease. Every time Avery approaches it sucks itself back into it's shell, appearing only as a rock or half-eaten apple, instead of a living being.

And, to be honest, for a long time Avery is gullible to that act. It's only after the third or fourth time that she realises 'hey, that apple is moving!'

Riolu has begun to wake up from his groggy forced sleep, and while he struggles to pull himself together, Avery is crouched next to the hiding Shuckle. All of a sudden it explodes in a cloud of dust as it attempts to flee, but it only seems to help bring more bugs to the area with it's sweet scent it just delivered.

Avery, now covered head to toe in the sweet-smelling pollen, had begun to grow watery-eyed and snuffly. She sneezes, startling the Shuckle into movement, but Avery's quick reflexes reach out to grab him before he could escape.

"Hey! I just wanna be your friend, I promise I'm not that scary!"

It takes the pair a moment to grow acquainted, but given Avery's iron grasp on the Pokemon, Shuckle is ultimately at a loss for how to avoid her. That, and she does actually smell pretty sweet.

Fy9ZQE2C

catching shuckle

@bugs
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2019 5:25:33 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

spewpa

attacks!

stats

male - friend guard[break]
protect / harden / rage powder / stun spore / safeguard

[break]

VFZm2ZrW
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2019 17:06:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Now that Avery was coated head to toe in the Shuckle's sweet scent powder, bug-types were slowly but surely coming closer and closer to see what the fuss was about. Attracted to the wonderful aroma, a Spewpa peeked it's grey face from behind a bush, trembling curiously.

Riolu would tug at his master's skirt, pointing at the timid little creature. At being spotted, the Spewpa would immediately stiffen up, using harden as an automatic self-defense technique. Avery would gasp, hand jumping to her mouth.

"Oh my! Don't be scared, little friend! You're way too cute to be worried about being scared of anything."

She then kneels down, hand extended. In her hand is more of the sweet scent powder, that she promptly brushes on her knee, but aside from that, a small berry.

"Come say hello, won't you?"

And, after some time of waiting and often averting eye contact to not stress out the wild Pokemon, Avery would eventually win him over even for a second. Of course, she still took advantage of the situation to capture him - this was a contest after all!

vxTBsVMP

catching spewpa

@bugs
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2019 20:24:30 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

wimpod

attacks!

stats

female - wimp out[break]
struggle bug / sand-attack / aqua jet / metal claw / wide guard

[break]

S3Xzy8Jv

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2019 20:44:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Avery and Riolu continue walking. The bag on her hip is growing heavier and heavier with each new bug she's captured, and part of her has begun to worry about whether or not the daycare will have room for so many of these guys. Of course, this fear immediately passes, because looking after a ton of young Pokemon is exactly what she's capable of.

What she isn't however, is capable of looking at her feet.

Riolu gasps, pushing Avery to the side as she almost steps right on top of a particularly flat and sad-looking Wimpod. Avery at first flinches at the sight, because even though it's about an inch the size of the Golisopod she had run into that had almost flattened her, it still resembled the brute. After a moment of panic, she slowly reopens her eyes and relaxes her shoulders, only to see that the Wimpod is still petrified and staring up at her with horror.

The moment she moves, however, to get closer, the Wimpod spits out a stream of sand. The pellets sting her cheeks and get in her eyes and she coughs and gasps, stumbling backward.

Riolu doesn't lift a paw to retaliate, understanding the situation wasn't exactly aggressive.

"I can't believe such a tiny Pokemon such as this turns into that.. that gigantic beast!"

Avery watches with apprehension as the Wimpod continues to hunker down and remain fearful. She throws a pokeball at it nonetheless, but isn't sure she has the courage to keep the tiny Pokemon for the long run.

aRscbj0x

catching wimpod

@bugs
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2019 20:03:14 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

skorupi

attacks!

stats

male - keen eye[break]
pursuit / knock off / night slash / scary face / iron tail

[break]

U0bvFA7a

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2019 22:56:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
At this point in the day, Avery's belly has begun to rumble. And, assuming that Riolu's is as well, the daycare lady rummages through her bag for the loose apples knocking around in there. Hand-picked earlier that morning at the local market, she had been thinking about biting into one of them all day.

However, just as she knelt down to offer the second one to her partner, a blur of purple whizzed past and suddenly the apple was knocked clean out of her hand!

She startles, snatching her hand back in surprise as she glances at the Pokemon responsible for such hostility. Riolu, reasonably upset by this interaction, glances at the now smashed apple on the ground, and the culprit responsible for the smashing.

"Well now, that was quite rude, wasn't it?"

Avery crosses her arms, appearing cross, but the Skorupi seems quite confused by this and clicks his pincers together before tilting his head. Riolu aims to pick up a rock and throw it at him, but the wild Pokemon is ready, clearly itching for a fight.

Except.. maybe he's more interested in playing bat. The rock comes toward him and he slaps it with his tail, causing the rock to sail overhead and disappear into the bushes. Avery, thoroughly impressed, tosses him another and another, much to the delight of the purple scorpion.

"Huh, he's pretty good! He's got a keen eye for playing ball."

With that, she sort of tricks him into being caught by throwing a pokeball, and, on contact, it absorbs his little body right up.

RjbAfAXj

catching skorupi

@bugs