i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
Hive Madness [Mission]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2019 3:09:40 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
They told him it was bad but he didn’t think it was going to be this fucking bad. A job had come Adam’s way to take care of a building that had a bug Pokémon problem. Seemed simple enough, he figured that it would be nothing more than maybe a couple of Beedrill hanging around or maybe Spinaraks and Ariados, some cute Combees would be nice too.

But instead what he got was some sort of nightmare hell scenario where the place was completely overrun with the damn bastards. They were crawling all over the outside and a huge variety of them as well.

Adam only shuddered at the idea of what it looked like on the inside. Sweet Arceus have mercy on this boy he was going to be eaten alive trying to tackle this but thank heaven almighty that he wasn’t going to be alone.

”I was prepared for a lot of shit today guys but this was definitely not one of them.” He wasn’t even sure what to make of this fiasco. What in the world could have gathered this entire bug Pokémon to one place and why here of all of them? They were going to need a really big can of repel.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
Hive Madness [Mission]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2019 3:26:53 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

for today's attire mateo didn't adorn his signature wear. he adorned an open happi that could be seen huddled over his back, arms within their appropriate sleeves. white bandages were seen around his stomach, the stomach brace he once wore now replaced with a simple sarashi. loose, beige colored bermuda shorts were worn for his bottom. for footwear he wore a pair of wooden geta's.

having just arrived. he'd come to return dragonite back to his ball. "ooooooh..." examining the scenery, mateo would say, "ewww, that's disgusting!" adding his two cents. he wasn't exactly big on bug-types. they were a nuisance and were physically unappealing. bugs were not fun to toy with. turning toward adam, he'd shout, "oi, where's dog brains!" his head darted from one direction to the next, searching for .

"and how the hell are we going to take care of, anyway? shouldn't you've called professional exterminators." did everything have to be solved by people who owned pokemon here? hoenn was such a strange place.

notes: we irritating.

[attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #DEA02C; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Hive Madness [Mission]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2019 11:25:31 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i used to collect bugs like these when i was younger," he suddenly blurts out as he enters the scene, a cup of coffee on his hand. a houndoom follows him from behind. he takes a sip before speaking again. "but they kept losing to my friend's numel so i had to release them back to the wild."

he looks at them from outside. the big, scary variety -- ones that get kyle's fancy when it comes to bugs -- had taken the place as their dominion. the estimated amount of work required to get rid of them just from looking at them makes kyle activate his defeatist ability and want to give up even before they started. they can do it, sure, but it'll take time.

"we can just burn the place down and say the bugs contributed to the decay of the structure. we'll make some story up for the burn marks."

the remark is made casually and in a deadpan tone, followed by another sip of his coffee. he didn't really mean it, but he wouldn't be opposed to following that route. he's not good at making stories, so adam can be the one to do it. mateo can be their sacrificial lamb to bring the news to their client. the charm that's comparable to a child coyly confessing his sins would be useful here.

a smile forms on his lips. it seemed that a good plan worked its way in his head without him even trying.

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
Hive Madness [Mission]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2019 5:42:14 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Adam released his Lucario; there was something on his mind that he wanted to check. He directed the Pokémon to use his aura abilities to check the building for any sign of human life. The only issue with this order is that the pure amount of bugs might make it hard for the Lucario to pinpoint anything else.

”We are the professional exterminators.” Adam replied, sighing as he did so. Oh boy Mateo was definitely going to love today’s job, whatever issues he had with bugs they were definitely going to get worse. Luckily Adam had to issues with this particular type of Pokémon.

”Oh there you are…wait a minute. Why in the world would even bother using a bug type against a numel? Sounds like you just set them up for failure.” As soon as these words left his mouth the man paused, shook his head and waved a hand dismissively. ”Forget I said anything.”

Soul had finished his search, reporting back to Adam with a rather worried look on his face. And it wasn’t particularly great news; there was a complication they were going to have to deal with. ”As much as I’d love to burn the place down we’ve got a bit of a problem.” He said, turning to the other males.

”Soul picked up some human life signs in there, they were hard to pick up but so far he picked up on at least two people.” Adam explained, rubbing his neck as he did so. ”Alright boys looks like we’ll have to go on a search and rescue!” This whole scene felt like a movie, Adam was pretty jazzed about it when he thought of this situation like that. ”We've got to Dive right into the heart of the hive and find the source of these bugs and take it out! Unless the big bad Dwagon Master is afraid of some creepy crawlies. It’ll be okay you can sit this one out if that’s the case.”

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
Hive Madness [Mission]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2019 5:56:08 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]

"we're not burning the building down!" he shouted at kyle. turning back to , who attempted to taunt him, he'd growl. "listen here, snowflake. i'm worried more about the building then the bugs!" the pokemon he possessed weren't fit for closed spaces. at the moment there was only one pokemon he could trust without destroying this place: eevee.

and speak of the devil, he'd come out of his ball without being called. eevee would come to greet the group excitedly, chasing its own tail. it was only a matter of time before he'd be chucking this thing off of a cliff. "it's a newborn, so it hasn't been trained yet. but it's pretty useful, eevee meet the gang." the eevee would merrily greet the group.

"anyway, let's move our asses. there's no time to waste." once they were done flapping their gums, he'd distribute an earpiece to kyle and adam. "so the plan should be we each take a floor. we're searching for their leader, we take'em out and problem solved!" these bugs weren't here of their own accord. something or someone had to be attracting them. and there was only one queen bee that came to mind.

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #DEA02C; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Hive Madness [Mission]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2019 11:28:57 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
a frown appears on his face as his idea gets rejected quickly. he takes a long sip of coffee to fill in the time as both of them discuss the situation. the mission only got worse as more words came out of adam's mouth.

"hello," he interrupts adam as he holds a hand up. "i'm scared of creepy crawlies. can i sit this one out?"

he knows the answer and doesn't bother waiting for a confirmation from any of them. he follows as they move toward the building, watching his houndoom interact with the eevee. it touches its nose to the eevee's, huffing a puff of smoke at the eevee's face before smiling triumphantly. kyle tugs one of its horns to stop it, forcing a yelp out of it as it behaves itself.

"i can do the search and rescue part," kyle says as he releases two other fire-types. it shows that he was really prepared to burn the house down. a hand reaches for the earpiece from mateo, fitting it on his ear with a single hand. "you can concentrate on the extermination part, i guess, unless you want to switch roles or you want us to hold hands while we do this."

most of his dogs were trained for tracking and can easily able to differentiate the scent of human to pokemon. they held the advantage against bug-types. adam's lucario did too. he stares at mateo, noticing that he only has his eevee out. "you have another pokemon besides that right?" normally, he wouldn't judge a pokemon based on its species and appearance alone, but mateo already credited its inexperience. "want to borrow my flareon or something?"

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
Hive Madness [Mission]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2019 6:40:14 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Adam only smiled at Mateo’s response to his taunting but he did make a good point. Adam didn’t know Mateo to be the delicate and gentle type, no, there was actually a good chance the guy might blow the fuck up out of the building.

His smile disappeared as he actually entertained the thought. Nah, there was no way things would get that out of hand right? Right! So Adam threw that worry away and moved onto the next thing.

He took the earpiece offered to him and put it on, waving to the Eevee as he did so. Thought he was bit concerned about Mateo bringing a baby to a job like this but given who he was talking about Adam had a feeling Mateo didn’t exactly think this was going to happen.

”Each take a floor huh?” Adam looked over to the building, taking count of all the bugs he could already see and just thinking about the hundreds more that were a problem inside.

”Hmm those odds don’t seem that bad.” He joked, releasing two more of his Pokémon. His Infernape and Arcanine would be perfect for this job along with Soul. They’d be able to tear through the hordes of bugs.

”Think Kyle might have a bit of point there.” Last thing they needed was for the Eevee to get devoured or something. ”Might want to pull out the bigger guns for this. No offense to the little guy or anything but Don’t you got a dragon for this? And as long as you don't completely destroy the building who cares? Besides, we can just blame it on a bug.” That’s what he was going to do at least.

Anyway, they were burning daylight and there were people to save and bugs to squash. ”Alright gentlemen! I’ll be taking point, head for the top floor and clear you two a path through the front!” Adam exclaimed stretching a bit and then cracking his neck as he headed towards the apartment building. Any words at this point would fall on deaf ears, he was going in.

”Good luck and stay in touch!” He’d wave before turning his focus completely to the building. One last look at the exterior before he kicked the door open revealing the horrors inside. Adam was greeted to a dimly lit lobby that looked like a hurricane and blown through it.

Furniture and debris littered the floor as all sorts of different bug types crawled all about. Whatever they were up to was much too important as they didn’t even flinch at the appearance of Adam and his Pokémon.

”Soul say hi to them will ya.” The Lucario fired off an Aura Sphere into the swarm knocking some of them into the air. And that caught their attention, which meant they were now in attack mode.

”Pro you’re up.” The Arcanine stepped forward and let out a booming roar scaring off many of the bugs. Those that remained were going to be dealt with the fun way.

Adam and his Pokémon charged further into the building, tearing a path through the bugs and into the stairwell, fighting their way towards the top.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
Hive Madness [Mission]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2019 7:55:23 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]

the eevee took the houndoom's smoke as a challenge. ready for a brawl and prepared to tussle. but, quickly, just as kyle tamed his hellhound, mateo would bring down a fist atop of the normal-type's head. "stay your ass in line." the eevee would remember this, but for now it'd casually frolick beside mateo. "don't worry about us, this is the perfect time to get some hardcore training in! right, eevee?!" eevee, yelping, would agree.

little did he know, mateo was only hyping him up for the great big fall the eevee would be taking later.

for now, he'd call out dragonite, but this wasn't his regular dragonite. it was a female. "dragonite, use safeguard." before and would go in. they would all be coated with protection. "and i thought i was the reckless one." did they wanna burn alive in there? turning to as charged in and cleared the duo a path, mateo would say, "don't get in our way, dog-for-brains! we're gonna go find the head of this place, idjit!" eevee and dragonite rejoiced, "let's go!!" and so they were off.

jumping on dragonite's back and picking up eevee. they'd make way for the top floor. smashing through a window recklessly. "team 3-D is on the hunt!" in the midst of tearing through each and every door that crossed their paths. they'd deal with the bugs that got in their way all the while during their search. loud noises could be heard upon the earpiece from his end. "yahoo, tear it up boys!"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Hive Madness [Mission]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2019 19:20:27 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"dog-for-brains?" he repeats. the insult was... not a conventional one, but it was an insult nonetheless, he supposed.

he lets adam deal with the front line, while kyle follows after him at the back. hands on his pockets, he'd simply walk through the carnage whilst everyone else deals with the bugs. mateo flies off to who knows where, and was promptly ignored by kyle, until he hears a sharp noise coming from his earpiece.

"shut up!" he shouts back to the communicator. "what does team d-3 even supposed to stand for?"

his houndoom barks before turning his head up. his flareon follows it with her own noise. "they're on a floor above us," he tells adam, fingers blocking the microphone of the earpiece. he can go destroy things on his own if he wants.

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
Hive Madness [Mission]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2019 5:25:56 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
”Knowing Mateo it probably has something to do with dragons.” Adam responded, spending more time than he should thinking about it. ”Well there are three of us so many it stands for three dragons? I dunno.” He shrugged and laughed it off.

With the so-called Dragon Master at the top causing all sorts of mayhem they’d give the bugs no-where to run in the whole complex without running into a moving wrecking ball. Great, this should clear them out a hell of a lot faster. But damn were there still more bugs than Adam expected to be infesting this place.

No matter how many they took out more just kept showing up. And their lack of self-preservation was alarming; at least most of them were like this some of the bug type Pokémon had the sense to run away. While Adam’s fire types continued their onslaught his Lucario was busy searching through the sea of auras to locate the one belonging to their hostages they were trying to find.

Shortly after Kyle’s update was told to them and their objective was simple. ”Alright, great! We’ll get moving.” A Flame Wheel from Arcanine cleared the way as the moved.

Soul directed Adam’s group to where the bugs were holding their prisoner captive. And much to Adam’s surprise they were actually holding the person captive in their own apartment. The place was filled with Ariados and the poor lady who lived here was all tangled up in webbing.

Sun and Prometheus fended off the spiders as Soul and Adam charged for the cocoon the woman was trapped in. ”Don’t worry your dashing knight has come to save you from this horrible insect nightmare!” Adam would say once they freed her of the webs though one look at adam and she was having second thoughts about being free.

”Alright boys, one hostage free! There’s one more left and we can start really cutting loose.” Adam spoke into the earpiece, alerting the other two of his progress.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
Hive Madness [Mission]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2019 21:22:41 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]

dusting his hands off. mateo and his team stood in the hallway as a flurry of bug-types were rendered unconscious. high-fiving his team, he'd listen to the information being given. "nice, they took care of the civilian." little did mateo and the gang know that, on their part of the floor, there was a vespiquen infuriated by the harm that came to her children.

"alright, we'll meet you losers downstairs--" it was then that mateo felt a sudden push as he was tossed into a random opened apartment. "gah!" landing upon the floor, a vespiquen would come to shoot a poison stinger into dragonite's shoulder. luckily, with safeguard on, he was fine and uninfected by the poison.

it was then an ATTACK ORDER had been issued. the pokemon who were still alive and atop of the roof began to swarm the floor dragonite and company were upon. they were all, by force, lunged toward dragonite. dog-piling him with great weight, he'd come crashing through the floor kyle and adam were on.

the vespiquen followed.

contacting the duo underneath them, he'd say, "it's the vespiquen! she's the one in charge, dragonite could use some back up!" as dragonite was buried underneath a mass high-volume of bugs, he'd struggle to toss one after another off. with a THUNDER WAVE, he'd paralyze the incessant critters who would all slowly fall off of him. sadly, he was covered in a lot of sticky webs. so it'd take a while for the dragon-type to get out of.

with eevee at mateo's side, they'd search for the vespiquen. she was no longer on his floor and had gone down the hole that was made by dragonite. hovering over the dragon-type, she'd stand before kyle and adam. ready for a battle if they chose to get in her way; though, even if they didn't, she was going to get payback for what adam had done to her loyal servant ariados.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Hive Madness [Mission]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2019 3:28:02 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he turns to his ninetales. "disable." and then to his houndoom. "flamethrower."

the vespiquen's minions all stop moving in a controlled manner, and is obliterated with the next move, all burned into crisps the next second. the small bugs from the attack order fuel the intensity of the attack, acting as fuel as the flames hit the vespiquen.

he moves to his earpiece, offering one message before he tells his flareon to attack. "i'm taking the last hit, thanks."

the flareon charges onto the vespiquen, two of his pokemon clearing the way for it. flare blitz hits the vespiquen, absorbing the flames that linger from the burning bees with flash fire to power up its move. the flaming tackle takes it to the ground until both of them turn to one big bonfire.

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
Hive Madness [Mission]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2019 6:52:45 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Adam left the apartment, helping the civilian along, only to be greeted with a giant hole in the wall and everything being on fire. The man examined the beautiful mess in front of him before calling his two fire Pokémon to his side.

”Alright, Ma’am. My Arcanine and Infernape here will escort you out of the building and somewhere else.” He said as he helped the woman get on top of Prometheus’ back.

”Take good care of her boys.” Adam would add, giving the two Pokémon a nod as they then escorted their charge out of the building.

With them out of the way the only thing to deal with now was the last person held up in here and the flaming pile of bugs. ”Damn dude, you really want to burn this place down huh?” It was all jokes and games but it was a bit concerning how big that fire was.

That aside it seemed the Vespiquen was the key as it looked like many of the bug types was dispersing. Adam figured if anything else came up that Kyle and Mateo could handle it so he went with his Lucario to find the last person.

They were hiding out in their apartment, reasonably terrified for their life but were eventually calmed down by Adam.

”Alright gang, that’s everyone and the bugs seem to be clearing out so job well done!” The building was in shambles but it could’ve been worse.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
Hive Madness [Mission]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2019 8:04:58 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]

laying on his back, a sigh of relief would come to escape his maw. "talk about exhausting..." he wanted to go home. standing up, he'd dust himself off. "at least we got the job done, eevee let's go." they'd come to jump down through the hole. taking notice as everyone began to clear out.

coming to take notice of kyle. a displeased look was on his face. walking over to the male, upon bypassing dragonite, he'd kick him in the butt. "stop stealin' my fights, idjit!" one demand given, another came, "buy me a pizza as compensation!" he was hungry and pizza sounded good right about now. sure the mission ended a little sloppily, but it wasn't nothing they couldn't talk about over some grub. looking toward adam, mateo would say, "kyle's treating us to food, right, kyle?"

notes: fin.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Hive Madness [Mission]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2019 10:59:05 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"nah, i got it under control."

the fire is absorbed by the flareon after adam's comment through her flash fire. what remains was the vespiquen and the flareon itself atop the bug.

he feels the impact on his behind all of a sudden, a hand quickly covering it after pain lingers in its general area. he turns, brows furrowed, unsurprised when he sees the reaction from mateo. "your fault for not defeating it in one hit then," he responds, hand still nursing his butt.

does he feel sorry? probably not. he still indulges the other though, scratching the back of his head as he attempts to feign trying to mull over it. "yeah. sure, sure." his voice was dismissive and disinterested, though the smile on his expression can't be denied.

pizza sounds perfect.