[attr="class","freiheittleft"]
[attr="class","freiheitt1"]

WANNA PAY YOU BACK WITH GUILT

[attr="class","freiheitt12"]

[attr="class","freiheitt11"]MISSION

[attr="class","freiheitt2"]
[attr="class","freiheitt21"]

No, no, no. [break][break]

Why did she agree with this? This was a terrible idea, wasn't it? None of this suit her; not her outfit, not her circumstances, - everything about this was so, so very out of character for her, - and most certainly not the scenario. Her fingers gently pinch and tug at her snug, aquamarine mermaid dress; the v-neck stretched far too low for her liking, but she was allowed something of a white, off the shoulder fur "coat" (she calls it a coat, solely because the name of the actual piece slipped her mind) held together on her chest with a golden button. Her carefully painted nails brushed against her blonde hair, more to stay out of the way of simple, dark blue stud earrings. She wasn't sure if she was doing this right. [break][break]

"Excuse me?" She starts, waving her hand towards the server at the reception. "I believe I have a reservation?" under the name stone. She's led over to an open table, which was already set up for a dinner for two. This wasn't right, was it? This was far, far from what she'd do. She had a horrible sense for fancy clothing and fashion in the first place; the one who helped her pick out the clothing was a maid. A maid who had a bit too much fun, braiding the young woman's hair and tying it into her usual bun, but a maid who was undeniably skilled in fashion. Granted, it took a while for them to.. Actually agree on something. Specifically, the dress and additional accessories. [break][break]

She takes a deep breath while sitting herself down. A waiter comes up to her, and she promptly orders a glass of water. Maybe something cool would be able to clear her mind? [break][break]

Her hands fiddle with each other in her lap, before she ultimately clutches her petite purse in anticipation. Ah, that's right. She agreed to this date, because her mother was searching for a suitor. Something about her getting older, and how she'd never find love with the way she shut herself in; but this was too grand, wasn't it? Furthermore, she just felt like she was dull in the face of such glamour.. [break][break]

Gods.. She just hoped that she wouldn't be a disappointment, nor a waste of time.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Inconsolata][googlefont=Space Mono:400,700]
[newclass=.freiheitt]border-radius:2px;overflow:hidden;height:355px;width:525px;background-color:#222222;color:#aaaaaa;font:11px Inconsolata;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiheittright]float:right;padding:50px;background-color:#60bfb9;height:255px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiheittimg]border:solid 1px #ede3e1;background-color:rgba(237,227,225,.65);height:65px;width:65px;padding:9px;transform:rotate(45deg);[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiheittleft]border:solid 1px #191919;padding:24px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiheitt1]font:15px Space Mono;padding-right:185px;color:#60bfb9;text-align:right;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:20px;letter-spacing:-.35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiheitt12]height:2px;background-color:#191919;margin:5px 185px 18px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiheitt11]font:10px Space Mono;color:#ede3e1;float:right;padding-left:10px;background-color:#222222;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:right;line-height:10px;margin:-24px 25px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiheitt11 a]font:10px Space Mono;line-height:10px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiheitt2]height:220px;margin-right:185px;border:solid 1px #191919;background-color:#282828;padding:19px;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiheitt21]padding-right:14px;height:220px;overflow:auto;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiheitt21 b]color:#ede3e1;font-weight:400!important;border-bottom:solid 2px #60bfb9;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiheitt21::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:0px;background-color: #60bfb9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiheitt21::-webkit-scrollbar]border:0px;width: 2px;background: #191919;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,772 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
[M] By any Other Name
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2019 10:55:24 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
did he get set up by his friends? Mmmmmmmmaybe! :eyes:

Lars didn’t know why he’d agreed to this in the first place.

Sure, he’d been out of the scene a while, but Arceus—why did his fellow Ranger friends have to set him up on a blind date?!

And with a Stone, of all people! Mother of Arceus, are they really serious? He thinks darkly, looking at his reflection in the bathroom mirror. Sure, he’d agreed to show up—but the fact that the person he was set up with was related to a certain other person he didn’t want to physically be around, well, how awkward was this going to be?

After being reassured that it wasn’t going to be the Champion of Hoenn that he was going to be set up with but instead one of his siblings—wait, since when did have siblings—he agrees to go along with this. “Well, it’s just one date. Who knows what’s going to happen?” he mumbles, fixing the necktie he’d just finished tying on.

In his rush to get to the restaurant before the blind date, he’d forgotten to spike up his hair, and so it was down and around his face. Thankfully, it concealed his forehead scar a bit. But it was still noticeable, if one looked hard enough.

Once he was sure he was ready to go out and return to the table where he was instructed to wait, he runs his hand one more time through his hair, before making sure that his three-piece formal suit’s on straight and proper.

Wallet in pocket, check. Ro and Alpha’s Pokéballs in one of the pockets? Check. Sanity? Well… that was the interesting question.

Just get out there! He chastised himself mentally, pulling himself out of the men’s restroom and returning to the table—only to find that he wasn’t alone anymore.

And my, he had to do a second take because wow.

“Miss Stone, I take?” he inquires, taking the seat across from her.

[newclass=".lars"] [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
i see forever in your eyes
103 height
103 height
i don't need no light to see you shine
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
[M] By any Other Name
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2019 17:18:39 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","freiheitt"]
[attr="class","freiheittright"]
[attr="class","freiheittimg"]

[attr="class","freiheitt11"]TAGGED

She knew it. [break][break]

She knew this was a bad idea. She knew that she shouldn't have gone along with this. What was she going to say? Who was she set up with? Why on earth did she agree to her mother, who seemed more than intent to fill whatever void had been left behind by her little sister? (To please her; she can't bear the guilt of watching her mother cry after the loss of her husband and disappearance of her youngest children). She ended up waiting at the table for a little bit and - before the water could even get there to satisfy her parched throat - there came a person, approaching her at the table. Deep, turquoise eyes glance up to the man who pulled the seat across from her. [break][break]

Oh, gods. There he was. What was she supposed to say? She'd never been on a legitimate date (save for that time back in high school, but we don't talk about that), so she was at a loss. Thankfully, she didn't have to; he took the initiative to speak up, first. "yes.." she trails off, slightly, once he enters her vision, properly. He looked.. Formal, summed up in one word. The kind of formal she was used to, seeing that she would have preferred to wear a suit (as she always did at meetings and at work). She was a little jealous, but slightly put aback. Because this was a date. [break][break]

God, was it a date. [break][break]

Clearing her throat (and her mind) she adjusts herself in her seat, and attempts a small smile (forced was never her forte; it offers a crack into her anxiety under the thin ice she's coated her heart in). "Daphne Stone. It's a pleasure, er.." she trails off once again. She should ask his name, should she not? But she feels it was rude, for him to know her name and yet for her to be clueless. The tradition of researching your partner had become so familiar to her, that simple interaction like this had her flabbergasted. [break][break]

Not that she would show it, of course.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.freiheitt]border-radius:2px;overflow:hidden;height:355px;width:525px;background-color:#222222;color:#aaaaaa;font:11px Inconsolata;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiheittright]float:right;padding:50px;background-color:#60bfb9;height:255px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiheittimg]border:solid 1px #ede3e1;background-color:rgba(237,227,225,.65);height:65px;width:65px;padding:9px;transform:rotate(45deg);[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiheittleft]border:solid 1px #191919;padding:24px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiheitt1]font:15px Space Mono;padding-right:185px;color:#60bfb9;text-align:right;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:20px;letter-spacing:-.35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiheitt12]height:2px;background-color:#191919;margin:5px 185px 18px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiheitt11]font:10px Space Mono;color:#ede3e1;float:right;padding-left:10px;background-color:#222222;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:right;line-height:10px;margin:-24px 25px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiheitt11 a]font:10px Space Mono;line-height:10px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiheitt2]height:220px;margin-right:185px;border:solid 1px #191919;background-color:#282828;padding:19px;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiheitt21]padding-right:14px;height:220px;overflow:auto;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiheitt21 b]color:#ede3e1;font-weight:400!important;border-bottom:solid 2px #60bfb9;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiheitt21::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:0px;background-color: #60bfb9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiheitt21::-webkit-scrollbar]border:0px;width: 2px;background: #191919;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,772 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
[M] By any Other Name
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2019 3:02:20 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
omg he's being a dork

“Please, call me Lars,” he begins as he seats himself down across from her.

“Lars Anderson. I take you were also set up by your friends? I know I was, he begins with an embarrassed chuckle. “Don’t worry about it, you’re not alone,” he adds a few moments later. He can tell from the expression on her face that she was caught from out of nowhere, potentially having been set up as well. By friends, he wasn’t sure.

Okay, calm down. At least it’s not the one you were thinking of! He thought in the back of his head. Trying to get the conversation back on track, he looks over at his companion for the evening.

“To—to be honest, I know little about… about you. Why not we start things with something simple like say… our favorite things?” he inquires, reaching over for the menu and taking a look at it. It was a ploy to gain some time.

He blinks a little bit—wait a second, where the hell are the prices on this? In his mind, alarm bells start going off because he’s familiar with this kind of menu—if there’s no price list for what they’re offering, then the place is really high-class… not to mention really expensive!

He wonders if this all expenses paid. In the back of his head, something doesn’t seem to sit right, but he decides to ignore it for the moment.

He looks up from where he’s trying to pick something to eat a few moments later.

“So, uh… does anything catch your fancy? he inquires of her.

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
103 height
103 height
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
[M] By any Other Name
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2019 18:41:13 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

They were both at a loss. [break][break]

But she needed to make the most of this experience.. Somehow. Frankly, she knew nothing about romance or.. Dating, or any of the sort (which is probably why she was set up in the first place, much to her chagrin). His attempt at humour brought a small smile to her lips, accompanied by a soft giggle as she picks up the menu. As she expected.. To think that her mother would arrange such a high end and expensive place. She knows that @devon always enjoyed more extravagant tastes and.. Higher end delicacies, but.. She genuinely didn't think any of this was necessary. [break][break]

It made her feel more awkward, but she knows her mother only had the best in mind for her little girl. [break]
Gods, even thinking that to herself made her want to crawl and hide in a hole in the corner. [break][break]

To answer his question (more so to fill any silence) she begins to ponder his question. Anything that she.. Liked? "Well.." She starts, as she begins to quietly skim the menu ".. Mmn. Medicine, history and the like. I was actually a doctor before I was pushed back into the family busi--" she cuts herself off, and narrows her eyes. Great, talk about your family and their business on the first date. Wouldn't that have come off as egotistical? Surely, there were other things to talk about (she was pathetic that way; overthinking then never when her mind lagged behind her tongue). She clears her throat. [break][break]

Another look at the menu and she can feel herself internally sigh. She knows that this outing was already paid for by her mother, but still, she hopes that she could pick something that could shave off the check. Unfortunately, everything on the menu looked like it was going to be a.. Doozy. After a bit of contemplation, she puts the menu against the table. "I'll be having steak and wine." She says, then glances up to him. [break][break]

".. And you? Is there anything you like, in particular?" She attempts to carry on the conversation.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,772 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
[M] By any Other Name
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 17:23:55 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
omg he's being a dork

His ears perked up when she mentioned that she had taken medical studies. “Before…?” he inquired, curious. “At least you know how to save lives. That’s a handy skill to have when things get dire, you know,” he added, nodding.

Right then and there one of the wait staff approached their table, waiting to take their order. While his brows were still furrowed behind the menu, he decided to pick something that they could at least share.

“I’ll have the lasagna for my main dish. As for an appetizer? I don’t know… what do you think of the salad? Or would you want something lighter?” he asked Daphne, hoping that she would be able to pick something as the wait staff scribbled down his order.

When prompted for drinks, he remembered that he had come here on a motorbike, and much as he wanted to take a drink from one of the hard drinks that were available, he decided not to. “I’ll just have some water. I have to drive home after this,” he adds nonchalantly before tilting his head in her direction.

He was going to wait for her to finish her order before he would continue speaking.

“I started in the Rangers when I was twenty-one. Been there for seven years now. The pay… the pay is hilarious, I’ve had to take a second job to make enough for rent. I’m hoping to be able to change that, eventually. But I don’t even know where to begin to make things better for the Rangers in general…” he said with a sigh.

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
103 height
103 height
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
[M] By any Other Name
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2019 3:25:53 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

she shakes her head. it isn't something that she liked to talk about (it wasn't something she liked to remind herself). [break][break]

instead, she tries to put on a small, sheepish smile at this comment on her medical background. she was thankful that the waiter had come up when he did, so that she could avoid what dark turns and questions were awaiting if he decided to continue with the line. she takes a listen to his order - was he being considerate of her? she could pick up on that - and she appreciated it, even if it didn't show in her expression. with another shake of her head, she lowers the menu. "no, don't worry about me." she offers a slightly warmer smile. "salad is a nice entry." [break][break]

she takes another listen to his choice in drink, and notes it. after taking both orders, the waiter leaves them to their conversation. her heart sinks, listening to the story. indeed, she was fully aware of the difficulties in hoenn. it was the reason she became a doctor; in hopes to help people. unfortunately, the years were wasted and the dream suddenly ripped from her hands. but she holds it in; maybe she can do something to help (through the corruption of business; she wasn't a stranger to the shadows hiding beneath the surface). "I see.." she trails off, more so to collect herself. if she could, she would offer more assets to the league for their rangers. for the time being, she was more occupied with tying loose ends her brother left in his departure. [break][break]

she feels helpless, watching from the other end of the table.[break][break]

daphne reaches her hand across the table to gently tap the surface before him. "if driving is a problem, i can ask someone to drive you home." she offers with the slight tilt of her head. "i can have someone drive your vehicle back to your house not too far behind. so.." ... feel free to drink? she pulls her hand back, after realizing what she had said. a soft hue of pink climbs to her cheeks. [break][break]

"th-that is--" she begins to quiet down, whilst turning her head to the side, slightly. "if you're.. comfortable, of course." [break][break]

she stutters and lowers her hand into her lap. "I-i apologize. that was an odd offer.."

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,772 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
[M] By any Other Name
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2019 4:54:13 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
colossal dork alert

“Oh, I’ll be fine, no need to worry,” he continued in her direction, nodding once the order had been repeated back to them and the wait staff left to give them some private time. “Try fitting a limousine through the Rusturf Tunnel, see how that goes,” he added with a bit of a grin on his face.

The absurd mental image in his head floated forward and he had to duck his head down, unable to contain his laughter at the sight. “That, and the Whismur in the tunnel can get really loud when too many people go through the shortcut. Truly, you don’t have to worry, he reassured her.

For one thing, he noticed that she was being awfully shy. Not to mention really quiet, guarded, practically reserved. Well, he couldn’t blame her for feeling that way since they were in a similar situation.

He hoped that she would open up, and decided to take matters into his own hands—well, as best as he could manage, anyway.

Picking up the napkin on the table, he unfurled it before placing it on his lap, in preparation for what was going to be sent their way soon enough.

“I—well, we can’t be just sitting awkwardly around here doing nothing, right? You could… I mean, don’t be afraid to say what’s on your mind. It’s alright, I swear. The awkwardness is… this is normal, it happens, right?”

Well, he was trying to reassure her.

Was it working? He had no idea if it was.

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
103 height
103 height
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
[M] By any Other Name
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2019 17:51:56 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

he was really trying. [break][break]

it put her at ease, even if only a bit. even so, she couldn't believe that she made the offer! how do you act in these situations? she was still at a loss. even if she tells herself to act natural, she still finds it difficult. taking a deep breath, she nods her head. "i.. i suppose it does.." she adds, taking the napkin in front of her and mimicking his actions. she gently pats the cloth in her lap. though in the middle of trying to compose herself, the mental image of a limo trying to fit through the cave was enough to make the young woman stifle an abrupt bout of laughter.[break][break]

she immediately lowers her head to try and hold the laughter in, solely at how stupid the image was, really. "a-apologies.." she laughs out, bringing a finger to her lips to try and hush herself. "th-the image of a limo going through the cave.." or attempting. it made her think of the time her gible tried to slither through a small funnel thinking it was a training dummy. "i-it just reminds me of when my garchomp was a gible." and both the nostalgia and picture made her laugh. she felt the garchomp shaking in his pokeball, like he was whining in there. [break][break]

she's still trying to calm herself, but the image keeps popping up in her head. god, she probably looked so stupid--

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,772 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
[M] By any Other Name
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2019 14:22:03 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
colossal dork alert

Apparently, his imagery worked, and there it was. The cracks were showing—in a good way, of course.

He wanted her to feel at ease, not all wound up just because they’d found themselves in such an unusual situation that they had to go through the motions of the entire evening.

“I mean, think about it… the Whismur of the area don’t like anything louder than themselves going through the cave, and then you try fitting a vehicle that’s so wide there’s barely room to wiggle around the place,” he continued, watching as what he presumed was the ‘true smile’ finally emerge from the stiff wall that she had put up.

Little by little, she would loosen up, and he didn’t want to end the evening on a sour note now did he?

“What did your Garchomp do, anyway?” he inquired. Oh, he was curious and he wanted to know what it was that made her open up.

Sooner or later, their drinks would arrive, poured out into stemmed glasses before being left at their respective positions. He noticed that the bottle was placed in a bucket near where he could reach in case she wanted a drink.

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
103 height
103 height
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
[M] By any Other Name
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2020 19:19:46 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

thank god. [break][break]

thank goodness they were able to find something light-hearted to talk about. she was beginning to get worried that her demeanour would put him off, especially when it was supposed to be a date. "he was a gible at the time," she starts, then holding her hands up as though to hold the air like she were holding a chubby little dragon "and he thought that a pipe funnel that was thrown out was an obstacle, so he tried to run through." and as she explains the story, she feels herself chuckling at the image as it reemerges in her head. [break][break]

"pff.. he got stuck, and it took a bit to pull him out. his face was all dirtied and he got so angry~" she muses at the memory. eventually, the drinks arrive and the food come shortly after. the same smile is maintained on her lips as she shared a bit more of the garchomp. honestly: she didn't expect for the date to go so well. if anything, she's relieved that it was beginning to pick up. she points to the bucket of drinks, shaking her head a bit. [break][break]

"... I really insist that you try, and indulge yourself. The bill is on me, so don't worry."

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES