POSTED ON Sept 29, 2019 15:46:31 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@valyx

words

notes

Apparently, the remnants of the Bug-Catching contest were still hanging around. And they’d decided to attack the next-closest town after Petalburg—Oldale.

What the hell, how did they even manage to get here?! He thought crossly, coming on perched atop his Metagross’s back. The high-pitched humming and buzzing was starting to drive him nuts, honestly.

So not even the Bug-Catching contest kept this under control? He continued to himself, crossing his arms. Ever since the infestation had decided to lay claim to Oldale, the entire place was under lockdown—anyone who had children wasn’t allowed out of the house due to the heavy concentration of not just pollen, but also other allergens in the air.

Thank the hell he wasn’t allergic to any of this shit.

“No wonder they asked to bring a Fire-type or a Flying-type…” he mused. While he had a strong Fire-type in Gula, his Emboar—he had yet to actually take Spark out for a spin. The Talonflame was itching to try his newfound size and speed, so he decided to humor the dual-type this time around.

“Now, is there anyone else who can help me thin out the hoard…” he mutters, crossing his arms and looking up at the veritable cloud of Bug-types that had laid claim to majority of the structures within the small, sleepy town.

[newclass=".lars"] [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
overrun [mission]
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2019 3:31:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[newclass=.moonlight]width:290px;background:rgba(255, 255, 255, 1);padding-bottom:30px;border:1px solid #e4e4e4[/newclass]

[newclass=.games_con]padding-top:3px;font-family:PT Mono;border-bottom:1px solid #c2c2c2;padding-bottom:5px;width:150px;font-size:7px;line-height:1.1em;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px;color:#a8a8a8;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.moontext]width:200px;font-family:calibri;font-size:9.5px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;padding:5px;line-height:1.2em;color:#3f3f3f[/newclass]

[newclass=.moontext b]font-family:PT Mono;color:#232323;[/newclass]

[newclass=.moontext::-webkit-scrollbar ]width:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.moontext::-webkit-scrollbar-track ]background:#e2e2e2; width:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.moontext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb ]background:#343434;border-radius:10px 10px 10px 10px;border:none[/newclass]

[newclass=.skin-cred]font-family:tahoma;font-size:8.5px;letter-spacing:2px;margin-top:5px;color:#f2a5ab;[/newclass]

[newclass=.skin-cred a]color:#f2a5ab!important;font-size:9px!important;text-decoration:none!important[/newclass]

[nospaces]

[googlefont=PT+Mono|Montserrat]

[attr="class","moonlight"]

反面神

[attr="class","games_con"]

Let's face it,

Your replacement is

All the hopes and the dreams

You took right out of me

I've outgrown your

All of your silly little things

Outgrown those silly little games

[attr="class","moontext"]

He could still remember the all too familiar stench of forest and mud after his participation in the bug-catching contest. Unfortunately for some of the inhabitants. Morgan wondered if that was the original intention of the Bug Catching Contest, to combat the excessive breeding and migration of the many different types of Bug Pokemon come to nest in the woods. [break][break]

By the time that he had arrived, Oldale was already infested with bugs crawling on every manner of building. Though more surprising was his mission partner for today. "Lars." Morgan said, as he walked beside the blonde man atop his Metagross. "How is the situation here?" He spoke, though from what he gathered, there was going to have to be a great cleanup that Zephyr was going to take part of soon.

[break]

[attr="class","mecred"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
overrun [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2019 12:57:40 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@valyx

words

notes

“Rather bad. Entire town’s on lock down, and I can’t blame them for it,” he muttered, looking around as the thick haze hung low in the air. The incessant humming, buzzing noise was really starting to get to him, and it was best to clear out the Bug-types as quickly as possible.

“Hope you brought a Fire-type. Or a Flying-type, whichever,” he adds a few moments later, plucking two specific Pokéballs and chucking them forward. He watched as the red beams of light transformed into his Emboar, and a newly-evolved Talonflame.

“Gula, Spark,” he calls out to the two. “Don’t burn the entire place down. We’re just here to clean-out duty. I know you both want to let loose, but now’s not the time exactly. Just… try to keep it in, okay? No going overboard!” he adds a few moments later, watching as the Emboar punches his flaming fists together, and the Talonflame takes off.

“Go there to the northern side,” he calls to the Emboar. “If they start attacking you, do not engage.”

Over at where the Talonflame was now cruising, he gestures behind him. “Cover that side, will you? Don’t fight them,” he adds a few moments later.

It was time to get to work.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
overrun [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2019 13:03:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[newclass=.moonlight]width:290px;background:rgba(255, 255, 255, 1);padding-bottom:30px;border:1px solid #e4e4e4[/newclass]

[newclass=.games_con]padding-top:3px;font-family:PT Mono;border-bottom:1px solid #c2c2c2;padding-bottom:5px;width:150px;font-size:7px;line-height:1.1em;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px;color:#a8a8a8;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.moontext]width:200px;font-family:calibri;font-size:9.5px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;padding:5px;line-height:1.2em;color:#3f3f3f[/newclass]

[newclass=.moontext::-webkit-scrollbar-track ]background:#e2e2e2; width:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.moontext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb ]background:#343434;border-radius:10px 10px 10px 10px;border:none[/newclass]

[newclass=.skin-cred]font-family:tahoma;font-size:8.5px;letter-spacing:2px;margin-top:5px;color:#f2a5ab;[/newclass]

[newclass=.skin-cred a]color:#f2a5ab!important;font-size:9px!important;text-decoration:none!important[/newclass]

[nospaces]

反面神

Let's face it,

Your replacement is

You took right out of me

I've outgrown your

"Come Zephy." He called out, as he released his Pokeball from his belt and tossed it to the ground. Zephyr, his Braviary, instinctively rose into the air from the salivating smell of insects. "Lunch time, go clean up." Morgan said, and that was all he needed to do. His Braviary launched, jet speed into the air, encircling the place for the tastiest looking bug to munch on.[break][break]

"So, how goes everything on your end? Good?" Morgan said, it was a rather placating amount of small talk, but he found that it was usually better than launching directly into the meaning of life as an introductory topic. "How much did you earn for the fire mission?"

[break]

[attr="class","mecred"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
overrun [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2019 13:30:57 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@valyx

words

notes

“I had to take care of the paperwork for the fire last time. Getting so many reports organized into a single one was mentally tiring, if you ask me,” Lars says with a bit of a snort. Much tempted as he is to take out his pipe and light up for a bit, the vanilla-scented smoke might draw even more of the Bug-types that hung thick in the air to the place instead of repelling them

“Oh? Considering a career with the Rangers then?” he inquired, eyebrows going up slightly at the curios tone of Morgan’s voice.

“While most have the usual payout, they say if you’re a Ranger and you come in to handle certain kinds of missions you get paid some more. I put the money away for living expenses, so there’s that,” he adds a few moments later. “Whoever happens to be closest at the time of a Pokémon-related mishap takes the call. Normally I tackle them by myself, but sometimes the obstacles are too big you’d really need backup.”

Over at the northern part of town, the incessant buzzing noise hit peak, and a swarm of what appeared to be Wormadam and Mothim were literally drawn to the Emboar’s flame. Setting his body alight, the Bug-types began to swarm around the dual-type, intent on driving him away—

—but the Emboar holds his ground, acting like a lamp light attracting moths to the flame, so to speak. Bug after bug falls, and yet the haze is still thick—even more of the Mothim and Wormadam come flying out of the houses, attracted to the warmth that the Emboar exudes.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
overrun [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2019 14:01:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[nospaces]

反面神

Let's face it,

Your replacement is

You took right out of me

I've outgrown your

"Nah, I'm not very liked in the Rangers." Morgan replied, smiling as he remembered the spite of what was essentially the police force of the POkemon League. "I wouldn't want to work for them anyway, it pays too little." Morgan paused to think about life after parole for a moment, "If I were to work, I think I'd start my own private security group protecting VIPs. You earn more, and I'd probably do a better job than the Rangers."[break][break]

In the meantime, his Braviary had already begun the cleanup, swooping into nearby houses and grabbing every visible prey it could find. Diving at breakneck speed, a hurricane of wind followed suit as it's Tailwind-into-Aerial Ace caught its prey without any retort. Unfortunately, a few of these bug types were not going to have a lucky day. [break][break]

"How long have you been a trainer for, anyway?" Morgan spoke up, "Your Metagross looks pretty strong, did you particpate in the League before?"

[break]

[attr="class","mecred"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
overrun [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2019 14:15:16 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@valyx

words

notes

Lars couldn’t help but snark in Morgan’s direction at the mention of the pay. “I’d have to agree with you on that part, honestly. I have a second job as a courier, to be fair—it at least gets me extra money when I’m not on duty,” he adds, unable to hold back a laugh at the mention of the salary.

“Although, with your idea—you’d need to have connections. A lot of connections in high society,” he muses as he hears the rustling of wings. Turning around, he sees that his Talonflame is headed their way, wings aflame and knocking as many of the swarming Dustox down and out of the way.

“Duck,” he says at the incoming Talonflame’s direction, before hearing the Pokémon let out a screeching noise and turn around, before heading off in another direction—fiery wings flapping in his wake. Once the air was clear, he looks up again.

“Started at sixteen, which is much later than the usual ten years old. I had… family things to deal with,” he begins. “After I left I just… learned from the wild. Eventually I’d like to take on the League challenge, if I had some free time. I just—I’ve had Ro since I was a kid. If you could call a Beldum a ‘starter’, then yeah, he’s my first Pokémon. Got me through a lot of shit.”

There’s a beacon of flame not too far away, and he laughs a little.

“Yeesh, my Emboar’s being a show-off. Luring them towards himself like moths to a flame,” he adds a few moments later, before whistling in Gula’s direction.

“You can move around, you know?!” he calls out, chuckling as the Emboar suddenly makes a move and starts trundling around.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
overrun [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2019 14:27:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[nospaces]

反面神

Let's face it,

Your replacement is

You took right out of me

I've outgrown your

"I think most things can be done by bending the rules a bit, or with a small amount of ingenuity," Morgan responded, smiling a little. He watched as his Braviary continued to do work, no longer hungry, it simply made any bug pokemon faint or flee. "Of course, that's how I ended up in jail in the first place. But the more you learn about the world, the more you realize how pointless half the shit in the legislature is." [break][break]

As Laurence spoke of his past, Morgan listened. Must have been nice, he thought to himself, to have been given his first Pokemon. "Not exactly an easy Pokemon to raise, huh?" Whoever gave it to him must have realized his potential. "As for me, I stole my first one. I wasn't allowed to become a trainer, and I wasn't given the rights to access the League. So that kind of got me into stealing early in life." [break][break]

"I'm thinking... maybe Champion. If I become Champion and make a securities firm, that's bound to be some decent PR, right?" Morgan's nose twitched, his Braviary had returned, having cleared his side. "You done already?" Morgan said, tapping its beak, a slimy liquid oozed on his gloves. "Eugh... I'm taking you to the Center to get cleaned up." He said, disapprovingly, as he wiped his glove on its feathers. "Return." He said, as Zephyr obediently re-entered its Pokeball. [break][break]

"I'm off to the Pokemon Center, want to join?"

[break]

[attr="class","mecred"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
overrun [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2019 15:04:52 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@valyx

words

notes

“He’s a surprisingly jealous type. When I got my Riolu, he refused to be around me for weeks. It wasn’t until Alpha saved his ass did he slowly get used to hanging around him. Oh—Alpha’s my Lucario. First Pokémon I ever caught in the wild,” he continues, keeping an eye on the lumbering Emboar, continually drawing the swarming Bug-types to his flame and eventually burning them into unconsciousness.

Eventually the Talonflame wheels around as well, and the thick haze hanging around the air has lessened out considerably. “You two, thin it out, take them away from here,” and the Emboar and Talonflame continue their duties. Not until the haze hanging finally clears out does he look up once more.

“You going for the Challenge, then?” he asks Morgan lightly. “Good luck—with the Gym Leaders changing every so often so many times it’s hard keeping up with who gives out what these days. If you like to face your inner demons, go down by Verdanturf—there’s a Gym Leader there who has a very unique non-traditional challenge, if you’re up to it,” he goes on.

Eventually the Emboar and the Talonflame return, both looking extremely pleased with themselves—if a little sticky, too. “Gross. What did you two do, get honeyed to death?” he asks, and he gets a snort from the Emboar, and an indignant screeching sound from the Talonflame.

“They need a bath, that’s what,” he agrees, recalling both of his companions to their respective Pokéballs.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
overrun [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2019 23:39:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[nospaces]

反面神

Let's face it,

Your replacement is

You took right out of me

I've outgrown your

"Huh, I see." Morgan replied, not really having much additional to say about how Lars got his first Pokemon. "Mine don't get jealous, I do expect them to obey, however." Perhaps that made him sound unnecessarily cruel, but he did care for them in a sense. [break][break]

"Once I get out of this parole, yeah." He replied. Since he had been on good behaviour, it would only be a matter of time before he was released. But even still, once he was out of prison, he was a little concerned about jobs, criminal histories don't tend to have a good resume. But if he could take the League by storm, well, that would be prodigal son story for sure.
[break][break]

The Center was crowded by the time that they had arrived. Morgan waited in line with Lars until they had their Pokemon checked for healing. As his Pokemon got out first, he retracted his Pokeballs to his belt, and the dapped Lars on the shoulder. "See you at some other point." He said, before walking out.

[break]

[attr="class","mecred"]

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
overrun [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2019 7:47:54 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy, free bug-type pokemon evolution.
receives the following bonus rewards: 25 poke, 5 infamy