slow me down [c]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
slow me down [c]
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2019 20:41:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","jubilee"]

[]

She snickers, glancing back every now and then.

Best to not get caught while casually adding some much needed graffiti to a previously bare spot. Gengar sure isn't the best lookout, either. The ghost type has been sneaking around the shadows since they arrived in Petalburg, too busy having his own fun to care if she gets caught during hers. Typical. Selfish little thing that he is... No matter, he'd still help her escape from a cell if needed.

"Genny," she chirps. A few moments of silence pass before the telltale sound of sniggering alerts her to the Pokemon's presence. That, and the familiar sense of forboding pressure. Ah, she does love that feeling. Nothing quite like it, actually. The presence of ghost types is something most find uncomfortable but her? She can never get enough. "Be a dear and pass me the blue spray paint." He does as he's told, wicked grin growing in size and intimidation. They're birds of a feather, after all. Both tricksters with an affinity for brewing up some much needed trouble.

The can rolls to her side and she offers her own smirk with a gleeful "Thank you!" before continuing on with her work. It'll be beautiful. A true work of art and all from her previously idle hands. Boredom is never a welcome thing for her and when it crept upon her earlier, she had taken the initiative to do something about it. That something just so happens to be defacing a half built arena. Even the construction equipment had little doodles sprawled across them. Again, her handy work.

"Perfect!" With a final spray, she rises to eye the masterpiece before her. A picture of ghost Pokemon lays before her, perfectly in season and just scary enough to cause a ruckus. Yes, that'll certainly do! A satisfied hum escapes her parted lips as she shuffles to the next part of the arena. Long blue braids flutter in the newest breeze to brush through the area and with her back turned, she can't see the approaching figure. Genny is off in the shadows once more and neither are aware of being caught in their hi-jinks.

words. hi yes jubi is a pest
notes. @n0ble
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".jubilee"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".jubilee b"]font-style:bold;color:#4ba4d1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".jubilee i"]font-style:italic;color:#4ba4d1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
slow me down [c]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2019 4:10:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

“Uhmmm...” Derek speaks up after stalking the girl, who'd been caught in the act of defacing gym property with...tasteful graffiti of pokemon. Ghost pokemon.

“I like your art, but my gym doesn't...specialize...in ghost types?” Reluctant to come off as hostile or opposition, Derek's expression genuinely seems to cater to the idea he wishes the graffiti was more appropriate for the pokemon he boasted as a gym leader. “Could you maybe stop?”

Taking note that she had plenty of spray, Derek hoped this little bit of confrontation would be enough to deter the girl from getting any further. He'd have to do all the cleaning himself, after all, and that wasn't how he wanted to spend his free time.

tl;dr evergrande fantasy [attr="class","merktagI"]@jubilee

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #DEA02C; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
slow me down [c]
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2019 3:37:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","jubilee"]

[]

She glances at him, mischievous pink finding his face with little effort. "No."

Jubilee laughs and spins on her heels to fully face him, blue braids twirling around her body. A wild grin, lopsided as usual, plasters itself across her features as she takes the opportunity to size him up. He mentioned something about a gym... This little place was a gym? Funny, there's no exercise equipment around.

Wait, different gym! Duh!

"Clearly you need to change that," she quips, eyes wandering for a certain purple Pokemon who is more than likely snickering over her unfortunate luck. If only she could disappear into the shadows like him.... Maybe one day he'll teach her! She moves closer like a cat stalking its prey, the can of paint still firmly in her grasp. One move and she could paint him too. Oooh, not a bad idea... She'll see how this goes first.

"Whatcha gonna do? Force me to stop?" Her tone is light and teasing yet her eyes narrow. A challenge, a dare. He could stop her if he tried, perhaps, but she'd dance away from his grasp for as long as she can manage. Quick on her feet, agile in a way a performer should be. Cat and mouse is always a fun game to play anyway! "What a party pooper you are!" Jubi laughs again, the sound mocking as her Gengar finally reappears in her shadow, crimson eyes menacing with the upper half of his body becoming known to the man. A terrifying duo in some sort of way, although she'd never understand it. To her, they're just having fun. To everyone else, they're unnerving.

words. yey c:
notes. @n0ble

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
slow me down [c]
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2019 8:31:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]

“I mean, I could... It was certainly an option to use force, but not one Derek wished to entertain. Neither was switching his gym to use ghost pokemon. They were cool, but ghosts weren't really Derek's forte. In fact, when he thought about it, Derek didn't own a single ghost pokemon. Perhaps he'd have to change that, though now wasn't the time...

“But something tells me that might not end well. For either of us.” Eyeing the Gengar up as it did the same to him upon it's emergence, the gym leader reflexively snagged a pokeball and loosed his own companion. Gengar were notorious pokemon, and Derek wasn't just going to give one the opportunity to get the jump on him. As such, his Garchomp was now standing by just in case things got out of hand.

“I don't mean any harm, and I don't mean to insult your art. It's actually very good. Never saw anything like this back in Johto. Blackthorn city was just a little old-fashioned for me.” Hoping that the subtle tension would settle to nothing, and soon, Derek did well to continue pushing the conversation in a less hostile direction.

“Were you taught, or did you learn this all on your own?”

[attr="class","merktagI"]@jubilee

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #DEA02C; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
slow me down [c]
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2019 4:04:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","jubilee"]

[]

The bluette scoffs, arms crossing over her chest in a show of defiance. She'd certainly like to see him try his worst but... Judging by his reactions, poor bloke couldn't harm a fly. Apparently not everyone has her impeccable taste for chaos. Hm, disappointing.

"Sure," she offers in response, her previous scoffing features morphing to barely contain a cheeky grin. "But I'd love to see your best shot." Truthfully, it'd probably bring about a thrill she's seeking. The chase is always the best part, producing the most adrenaline and man does she enjoy it. He'd probably just call the police, however... Goody-two-shoes that he seems. With this in mind, she abandons the can of paint in favor of slinking closer, twin braids dragging slightly on the ground.

"Johto? Ah," she muses, wagging a finger at him. "There's your problem! Johto's so boring! Try living in Lavender Town, now that'll really get your panties in a twist," Jubi laughs. There's nothing like Lavender Town, crawling with ghosts and spirits and everything that goes bump in the night. Pity it had to be blown up but... Well, all's fair in whatever they were doing! The Gengar finally reveals himself in his full glory, snickers escaping from shadows as he moves. The tension radiating from the Ghost type could be cut with a knife and while she's happy to let him have free reign... This guy might not enjoy what the sinister Pokemon could do. Instead, the mischief maker merely pats the Pokemon's head and he rips his gaze away from the Garchomp to wink at his trainer. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, as usual.

The bluette turns her attention back to the man, almost forgetting he was asking a question. Hm, now why would he care about that? Is he actually interested in her doodles? They're nothing but little scribbles to pass time. Odd. Nevertheless, she humors him and offers a response full of giggles. "Half taught, half learned. Although, isn't it all just learning in that case?" She shuffles closer again, edging herself into his personal space with little care. Never one to shy away from breaking social norms, she all but throws the upper half of her body into his line of sight, head tilting to the side as pink peers at his face. "Did you learn to be such a goody or does it just come naturally to you?" Jubilee half sneers, half teases. Funny, part of her wants to see him tick. Perhaps she can succeed in that regard after some force... This will be fun!

words. <3
notes. @n0ble

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
slow me down [c]
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2019 20:36:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]

Derek smiles at the girl, withholding his answer at first. She has a bit of attitude...but also a lot of play. She throws herself around, and yet the gym leader doesn't budge, and neither does his pokemon. He just looks down at those pink hues with a discerning look on his face.

“I guess what I should have asked is who put the paint in your hands.” Judging by her mannerisms, it was likely something she picked up along her way to being...whatever this was. Artists have certainly stooped to such lowly means in hopes that the world would witness their dire means of expression.

But this art was like the doodles on a school kid's journal. It didn't have much, if any meaning to it. It was just practice, or a way to pass some time.

“And I was born a goody. Never did like being on the wrong side of, well...anything. The wrong side was almost always the losing side. Sooner or later, those rides came to an end. Derek and his aspirations were much too innocent for all that.

“How about you? Were you born good, only to, well...” The way his eyes rolled summarized that Derek was assuming something made her become this way. Whether it was the product of growing up in Lavender town or something more specific, he couldn't tell. She didn't seem traumatized or out to get anyone. Maybe she really did just fall to the influence of all those ghosts.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
slow me down [c]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2019 21:21:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","jubilee"]

[]

Irritation bubbles at his smile, surging past her best efforts to keep it at bay. Why is he smiling? Is she not intimidating enough? Rude, she scoffs to herself. Does he just not take her seriously? That is probable, giving the usual antics she displays. She can be very serious! Wait, no, that's a lie no she can't. It just isn't within her nature. A stark contrast to him maybe, playful and childish to serious and collected. Part of her almost wonders if this stranger ever lets loose... A pity if not the case. Those who live carefully and in the light never have as much fun as the untamed.

She barks out a laugh, righting herself out of his little bubble, with idle hands reaching for the ends of braids. They fiddle and twirl, blue dancing under expert fingers. "No one, I guess? Just grabbed it one day and that was that," she retorts. The notion that she can do as she pleases has always been at the forefront of her mind in everything she does. No rhyme or reason fueling her, just a need to combat boredom and feel alive. Do most people not do the same? Another pity, right? A method to the madness is good in theory but... She just doesn't seem to have the energy for it.

His response is unsurprising to the bluette and yet, her eyes widen into saucers. The notion of being born into good, into anything other than inky black is preposterous for Jubilee. Perhaps she never had the option or perhaps it's just fate already deciding one's role in society without a second thought. "Shocker," she muses, sarcasm dripping like venom despite wide pink peering at him. His role in life isn't shocking, neither is his personality or demeanor. The part that gets her is always if being light and just is a choice. She says no, but perhaps he has other ideas. "Is that your own decision, though, or was it laid out for you? Curious!" Jubi tilts herself forward slightly, interest pricking at her skin. Did she ever have that same option? She doesn't believe so, but to each their own.

An eye roll, a question, another rough bout of laughter. Sometimes she's surprised when others want to learn about how she got here, how she became the oddity before them. Unusual, sure, but sometimes it happens and almost always earns laughter. She'll make a mockery of it but the gesture is appreciated nonetheless. Some small part of her relishes in the fact that someone wants to learn more about her instead of immediately shooing her like a buzzing gnat. That part, however, is swallowed by the overwhelming urge to spew nothing but nonsense. "Take a guess!" A game, her favorite. Guess what happened to Jubilee! Nothing out of the ordinary, unfortunately. "Probably just born this way. Never been much different as far as I can remember," a hand drops a braid in favor of rubbing at her chin, pensively and almost mockingly. Picked on at school for electric blue hair, wandering too close to Pokemon Tower, befriending little ghosts, being the oddball of the town? Take your pick! "Is everyone expected to be good or bad? That's boring." The norms of society always lean toward no in between, no shades of gray. It's always black or white, good or bad, evil or kind. She prefers the middle, the neutral ground. The calamities always happen there and her taste for excitement is never satisfied by simple terms like that. "Don't you ever just want to step outside that little cage? See what you're missing?" Sometimes she does, but never enough to commit to anything other than her usual antics. Sometimes it's more delightful that way...

words. <3
notes. @n0ble

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
slow me down [c]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2019 8:01:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]

“That's funny.” Derek absorbs everything she does and says, quiet and politely at that. He only chimes in at the end, when her suggestion is that he's somehow caged himself in this way of life. Even as a metaphor, it felt evident to him that Jubilee didn't seem to want to abide by anyone but herself. Not if it could be helped. It was quite a dangerous way of thinking. Yet she was quite the wild child, so it only made sense. Even still...

“You almost say it like I should want to escape my own nature, or something.” Of course, that was where he'd strop trying to convince the bluette about his stance. She clearly had her own, and Derek wasn't really trying to argue his case so much as he was presenting it.

“Thing is, I've always enjoyed what I do. I get to battle trainers from all around the region, and the best part is they're coming to me now. I've spent the better half of the last decade chasing down people and pokemon to battle in order to test myself. It was both exhausting and expensive. But I'm done with all that. I've not only got a chance to help Hoenn's aspiring youth make the best of their aspirations, but also to battle the greatest pokemon trainers Hoenn may ever know.” By now a certain light could be shimmering in his eyes, revealing Derek's obsession and how fulfilling it was for him to be actively achieving it with every passing day. Becoming Petalburg's gym leader was the best thing that ever happened to him, and made it worth every second of grief that traveling to Hoenn and living on his own had caused'em.

“I would never jeopardize that dream. I've worked too hard, came too far to see it snuffed out by my own hand. This gym is mine now. Petalburg mine to protect. It could never be boring. Not to me, and especially not compared to the desk job my parents were trying to force onto me.”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
slow me down [c]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2019 4:23:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","jubilee"]

[]

Oop, she angered him? Confusion creeps onto her features, settling in with an uncomfortable smile. Anger is something she's not really... used to? Frankly, she couldn't even tell the difference between anger and annoyance. It all just feels the same to her and perhaps that's why she takes a step back, cautious in her actions despite the frantic need to be unruly. She usually escapes before the frustration comes, before another can make her feel the weight of her actions. Consequences are something she never deals with and well, she wouldn't even understand how to handle them in the first place.

She lets him speak, silent and staring. Passion seeps from his pores, his eyes, his mouth and the bluette finds herself enamored. Unable to even get a word in, unwilling to stop him from his speech. It would be inspiring to another, cause for their own soul searching. She just... isn't as affected by it as she should be. His determination and excitement about what he does, however, is fascinating to the loose cannon. For seeming like such a stick in the mud, he sure does come alive about his occupation. Is that how she looks when she discusses her own schemes? Is this what believing in your cause actually is? Funny, she had never thought to look for anything to care about, not in the way he had. No getting stronger, no bettering yourself, nothing. Just madness, plain and simple. Is that why she can't relate to him?

She chimes in then, all wide eyes and crazy hair. "Interesting," is all she manages to get out at first. Truthfully, she's a bit taken back by how this stranger all but poured his entire soul out in front of her. His hopes, his dreams, bits of his past. Is this how people in this region react to strangers? Peculiar. She can't deny that she doesn't like it, however. "Not sure I really understand, though." She's being honest, or well as honest as she can be. On some level, yes she does understand, but she still finds it hard to comprehend that people in general don't enjoy taking a walk on the wild side. Perhaps everyone truly is just good or bad and there is no shade of grey. Or, better yet, perhaps it's her job to find that middle ground. "You don't want one chance to let loose because you'd rather battle all the time?" Jubilee presses, raising a blue eyebrow. "I get it can be fun and whatnot but..." Her lips settle into a line and she hesitates, trying to be even a teeny bit careful with her next words. She'd prefer to not end up Garchomp chow...

"There's nothing you want to do even once? Just to say you did it?" She tiptoes around her true questions, hinting and hinting as to not piss off her companion. Gengar is quiet beside her, confusion etched onto his features. He's used to his trainer, practically grew up together, but he has never seen her tread carefully as she is right now. Her own uncertainty rubs off on him and he stays silent for now, merely a spectator at her show. "Isn't that the same as a desk job then? Sure, you get to prove how strong you are and you get to battle constantly but if there's no change in pace, wouldn't it just get repetitive after a while?" Perhaps the only intelligent thing to be ushered from her lips... It even catches her off guard a little but she continues, offering her best attempt at a kind smile. (It definitely looks awkward and forced, but she tried!) "Sorry to compare it to that," she mumbles, an idle hand rubbing at the back of her neck. This is uncharted territory for the bluette. She has never really stopped to understand the logic behind what people do. She merely messes with them and runs before the punishment starts. "I was just curious as to why you wouldn't want to let go once in a while. You know, have some fun that isn't related to what you do." And with that, she quiets herself, crossing her arms over her chest and staring at him. If she does happen to bother him more... Well, it's a good thing this is a battle ready arena, right?

words. <3
notes. @n0ble

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
slow me down [c]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 7:03:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]

“You could say things would get a little repetitive... But no two battles are the same.” Not to Derek, at least. Every battle was a learning experience, giving him insight into the world of pokemon and trainers one way or another. Whether he learned a new strategy, or the fact that a particular trainer was a sore loser...every battle had it's merits.

“And letting loose is kind of what I get to do during a battle... The only things I haven't been able to pursue are, well...” Girls. Confronting his fascinations was a bit embarrassing, as Derek was about to talk about girls with a girl. A girl who was also a stranger, mind you. Having no experience made it an intimidating, and equally embarrassing topic to cover. As such, the gym leader tried to hide his face as best he could as he shied away from that particular conversation.

“The same could be said about your painting, y'know? The routine is always the same, but the outcome is always different...right?” Hoping that she wouldn't pry the way she seemed to, Derek was quite keen on going over that little hiccup without looking back or dwelling on it. But something told him he might not get off that hook so easily...

ooc: let's end before the 31st pls? [attr="class","merktagI"]@jubilee

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
slow me down [c]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2019 3:26:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","jubilee"]

[]

Jubilee can't help but stare at him, unblinking, unmoving. How does that make sense? Isn't it basically the same thing day after day? One battle after another... Sure, different teams can mix things up and she supposes different strategies can make things exciting but... Most people seem to lack the intellect for inspired strategies from what little battling she's managed to observe. Perhaps he is different? She shrugs his words off and instead focuses on the next tidbit of words he ushers out into the open air.

"Oh?" She purrs, curiosity peaking as he trails off. Now just what was he going to say? She'd be lying if she said she wasn't interested in hearing it. The bluette leans closer, peering up at him from a lower vantage point as she bends at the waist. In his personal bubble, in the lower portion of his line of sight. She supposes it's a habit, whether from her childhood or from her trysts as a tightrope walker. Always bending, always sweeping through different motions. He seems to stay upright, much to her displeasure. Do all people stay so rigid all the time? Loosen up, man. "Do tell!" She chirps, adding a girlish giggle at the end for finesse.

He doesn't, however, and instead pushes the conversation along back toward her painting. She can't help the bored look that crosses her face, nor can she stop herself from mumbling, "I'm bored." Of course, she steps away then and grins, moving to pick the abandoned paint can up off the ground before offering her best smile, lopsided and crazed. "Tell ya what," she announces, pointing the can toward him as she speaks. "You try letting loose in ways that aren't related to battling and I'll try to stop vandalizing your little arena!" A wager, one she more than likely won't keep but the thought is nice. "I'll pop back in to see if you're still a stick in the mud, 'kay?" Jubilee winks at him, tone a strange mixture between amusement and mockery. She'll probably only pop back in once the paintings are covered to sprawl new ones across fresh terrain but... Well, he doesn't have to know that right? Best to keep that one to herself.

words. sorry for the lateness, work sucks ;u; do you wanna end after this post?
notes. @n0ble

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
slow me down [c]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2019 8:38:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]

“Oh, r-really? Guess I don't have to tell, then.” That was so much easier than he expected! Derek was willing to go the distance so long as it got her to stop, but who would've guessed she was one to compromise? Not to mention he'd get to see her again... Derek felt like he was looking forward to it a lot more than he should, but for now he was just glad she'd stop with all the vandalism. Admittedly, the art was pretty tasteful.

“I'm gonna head back inside and think on it... Just, whenever you do decide to check on me, could you come and get me before you start painting all over the place? I will try to have something else for you to do, I promise!” The stadium was barely in it's infancy stage, but after Derek saved the necessary funds, he would definitely have a gym big enough to need a couple bare spots livened up with some of her art.

Walking back towards the building that acted as both his office and residence, Derek took too long to realize it that he'd already closed his door. Tearing it back open, he tried to call out to her, wherever she was. “Wait, I meant to ask you!- Oh, she's...” She was already gone. Closing his door again, the gym leader seemed to wear a glum expression. Such a cute girl, and he didn't even ask for her name! Wishing he'd taken more time, Derek crawled onto his couch hoping that the bluette would be true to her word. How else was he going to get a chance to ask for her name? As odd as it was, he began thinking of names that went with the face. He didn't get very far with it, as Derek never knew a girl with blue hair like her's. Maybe it was dyed? She did have a thing for paint, so maybe. Oh, how all these questions racked Derek's poor brain! 'She better come back...'

END OF THREAD