Stormy Silph
foundation [m]
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2019 17:03:20 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodygold"]
[attr="class","bodygoldt"]
[break]

Stormy furrows her brow, surprised at Kyle's response. It's not what she had expected to hear, to see him appear even slightly concerned about there being a risk. He's part of the elite four, he's one of the first people the League would look to to take risks.[break][break]

It suddenly occurred to her that he had, in fact, been chosen by a legendary Pokemon and had turned it down. She chews slowly, thinking hard about what she might say next. [break][break]

He brings up the Mossdeep incident and she feels her poptart grow stale in her mouth, difficult to swallow.[break][break]

"Are you admitting to me that you aren't willing to lay your life on the line to protect your home?"[break][break]

She chooses her words carefully, keeping her voice steady despite the frustration she can feel chipping away at her surface.[break][break]

"I wasn't able to protect Kanto. Hoenn is my home now and I would gladly be this region's first defense. I won't let anything happen to this place."

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold b] color: #DEA20C; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp] margin-left: -35px; margin-bottom: -40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,437 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
foundation [m]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2019 8:28:44 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he stares at her, watching her expression change. she is unsettled by his words, unbefitting of someone of his status even by his standards. he understands where she is coming from, however, and he wouldn't discount her for that.

"i just have priorities, sorry." he closes his eyes, dipping his head momentarily as he apologizes. "i love hoenn as much as anyone else, but i don't think i can risk my life for it."

it sounded selfish, but kyle wasn't exactly selfless to begin with.

he shifts his gaze to the side. "you like me, right?" he means as a friend, but he guesses that he doesn't need to clear it up to her. "how would you feel if i end up heavily injured or dead?"

it was a subject that he hasn't touched before when rocket still had influence in the region. back then, he assumed he was just like any other person, someone who held no relevance in the grand scheme of things since he was a nobody. only when did he face the possibility of a certain death did he realize the butterfly effect his recklessness would induce to the people he personally knows.

"you get where i'm getting at though, right? i just... never mind." his attention goes back to her. "i'm sure you'll do fine as an avatar."

perhaps he was just being negative. it doesn't help that he's being indirect and the idea behind his words weren't being as coherent as he wants it to be.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
foundation [m]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2019 14:55:19 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Stormy regards him quietly. She has since abandoned her poptart as it's grown cold and stale and her appetite lost.[break][break]

He mentions having priorities, and eventually asks her a question she wasn't entirely prepared to come to terms with.[break][break]

The mere thought of him dying or being injured formed a hard lump in her belly, one too painful to swallow. Stormy finds herself reaching across the table to squeeze his hand, holding tight.[break][break]

"No.. no I do get where you're coming from. I don't really feel like dying either. I can't exactly protect the region if I get myself killed, now can I? It's one thing to risk your life and to be a hero, it's another to be a fool and throw your life away for the sake of pretending we can make a difference. We aren't pretenders, Kyle. You saved my life once, remember?"

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,437 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
foundation [m]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 2:58:08 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he starts to question himself for putting up the topic up in the conversation. he regrets it, not wanting to continue with the negative vibes any further.

sighing, he returns the gesture to stormy.

"that's true..." he staggers his words as he reminisces his previous experiences. "but some circumstances aren't always something that can be solved." he was pretty sure he'd die if he didn't run away from the rocket boss encounter. playing hero at that time would've ended him.

"i guess i'm just trying to rationalize my decision of not accepting that legendary pokemon's blessing."

he did not regret it though.

he pulls out his phone from his free hand and takes note of the time. "i should get going. i forgot if i left my boys at home without food." did he leave food on the fridge for ? it was the question that only occurred to him now instead of earlier.

he releases his hold on stormy's hand and stands up, waving lazily as he starts to move out.

"see you then?"

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
foundation [m]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 17:32:56 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Stormy can see his regret, plain as day on his face, in the strained sigh, in the squeeze between her fingers as he returns her friendly gesture. She doesn't let go of his hand, holding onto the comfort they're sharing.[break][break]

"It was braver of you, I think, to deny the legendary Pokemon's blessing than it was to accept it. I think people are blind sometimes to their pride, so quick to assume invincibility with a powerful Pokemon at their side."[break][break]

Her attention skirts to his phone as he checks the time, and she glances over her shoulder to the clock hanging on the wall. He retracts his hand and she lets hers lay flat on the table for a moment before pulling it back to her side.[break][break]

Kyle stands up and waves, indicating his desire to leave. She, too, stands, smiling a little sadly.[break][break]

"Sure, keep in touch."[break][break]

Stormy walks him to the door, leaning against the doorframe as he leaves.[break][break]

"Stay safe out there, Kyle. We've gotta stick together and watch each other's backs. Say hi to the puppies for me!"

[break][break]