peek-a-boo

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
peek-a-boo
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2019 9:06:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","campus"]

[attr="class","campustitle"] 안녕、사랑해요.

[attr="class","campussub"] darling, you're a far-fetched dream.

[attr="class","campustag"] WRITTEN FOR

[attr="class","oppa"]

another boring, boring day. [break][break]

not that everyday was boring. they were sparse; which is why she was so bummed when one came rolling around. the brunette groans softly; was there anything fun she could do? she was always so, so busy holing herself up in her room, now. her brother tells her to come over to see the ponyta but, unfortunately for him, she isn't a hands on person (that is, not when her hands were on anything but a keyboard and a screen). today, she opts to slide over to a small bar in rustboro. [break][break]

she didn't live there, but she was needed there for something. hacking things, so she treated it like a vacation to her streamers and fans so nothing looks suspicious. but keeping a persona took time, and effort, and heck load of energy. using energy causes stress, so her solution? getting herself drunk or wasted! was she legal? eh, barely. she had an id, so she should be fine, right? [break][break]

she says that, but she'd probably order orange juice or something. [break][break]

she walks through the door and slips her hands into the pockets of her hoodie. the young woman blows a quickie bubble from her chewing gum, and walks over to the bar counter. "heeeeey?" she chimes, gently tapping the counter through the cloth of her blue, oversized sweater. she's been coming around frequently, more to study on her laptop or do things. evan was probably here. [break][break]

"evaaan? christmas eeeevaan?"

[newclass=.campus] background-color:#fff;padding:10px;border:1px solid #eee;border-radius:10px 10px 0px 0px ; [/newclass]
[newclass=.campustitle] font:40px single day;color:#eabfb9;font-weight:bold;text-align:left;text-shadow:3px 3px #eee;margin-left:20px;margin-top:20px;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.campussub] width:100%;font:11px calibri; color:#a9a9a9;text-transform:uppercase;margin-left:26px;margin-top:-8px;text-align:left;font-weight:bold;-webkit-transition: ease 0.6s;position:absolute;[/newclass]
[newclass=.campustag] width:100%;font:11px calibri; color:#a9a9a9;text-transform:uppercase;margin-left:26px;margin-top:-8px;font-weight:bold;text-align:left;opacity:0;-webkit-transition: ease 0.6s;position:absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.campustag a] font:11px calibri;font-weight:bold;color:#a9a9a9; [/newclass]
[newclass=.campus:hover .campussub] opacity:0 [/newclass]
[newclass=.campus:hover .campustag] opacity:1 [/newclass]
[newclass=.oppa] background-color:transparent;margin-top:8px;font:10px verdana;color:#a9a9a9;line-height:12px;text-align:justify;overflow:auto; padding-right:6px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.oppa b] font-weight:bold;color:#b86b77; [/newclass]
[newclass=.oppa::-webkit-scrollbar]width:2px;background-color:#fff; border:2px solid #fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.oppa::-webkit-scrollbar-track]width:4px; background-color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.oppa::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]background-color:#eabfb9; border-left:2px solid #eabfb9; border-right:2px solid #eabfb9;border-top:2px solid #eabfb9;border-bottom:2px solid #eabfb9; [/newclass]
[Googlefont=Single Day]
close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
Hold on don't look back, you know we're better, better than that
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
peek-a-boo
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2019 5:35:19 GMT
evan fader Avatar
[attr="class","evantalk"]

"Christmas evan?" the voice comes from the kitchen, situated right behind the bar itself. As he often does Evan has been helping prep for the night, while drink and entertainment might be their primary draws the Stray has never skimped when it comes to good, home done food. Old school recipes that stand the test of time have fed people in the area for decades and Evan will not be allowing that to be lost now. If he's not serving people he's keeping the kitchen running until his employees run him out for getting in their way. "What does that even mean?"

A quirked brow greets her, the word perplexed dances across his features as his eyes settle on her. The look is even more exaggerated by the dark, red on black eyes and the piercings that accentuate the movements in his face. Head tilting in innocent curiosity because he's quite certain it's a little too early in the evening for him to be hearing this kind of nonsense isn't it? Normally he starts getting called silly names a few rounds in when the regulars are good a ready for a round of jesting and poking fun.

Evan sets down the towel he was using to wipe his hands, walking to the sink where a single glass still sits from the night before. An odd habit that few question now, having accepted it will simply be a part of him running the stray. A quick spray of water and a little soap ensures he's not spreading something across the building. "You haven't started drinking already have you?" he asks more for context than anything as he shakes the water from his hands. He debates if he should grab a new towel for a moment before shrugging at himself and wiping what little wetness is left on his sweater, a black turtleneck that hugs him closer than most of his clothing. It's a stark contrast to his usual wardrobe, often coming across sloppy with his baggy jeans and too old tops. The Turtleneck and new jeans almost makes him look sleek for once.

@maple

[newclass=.evantalk b]color: #7d6484;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
peek-a-boo
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2019 2:23:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","campus"]

[attr="class","oppa"]

she grins, leaning over the counter. [break][break]

"i'm talking about you! silly swanna~" her voice chimes from over the top. a bright, pinkish-brown gaze stares in return - a dire contrast in appearance - as though it didn't faze her. in fact, it probably didn't; she'd come to this place so many times for different reasons each (one of them, being the open wifi that was so, so easy to get into. none of the information was secure so she could easily hop devices). "get it?" she starts, tilting her head to follow his as if trying to, literally, get them to see eye to eye. "it's almost christmas? christmas eve? christmas even sounds like christmas e-van, right?" right, there was no other way to register that in her head. [break][break]

"flawless logic!~" she chimes, like she were genuinely proud of herself (spoiler alert: she was). his question regarding her, though? ow, she was hurt. heck, she put her hand over her heart to show just how hurt she was. truly, a blow to the soul-- irreversible. "oh my maiden heart--" she cuts off, dramatically leaning back before turning back with a smile. "heh~. nah! i still like orange juice the most, y'know?" in fact, since she was here, she might as well order some of that good, sweet and sour juicy goodness in a bottle. sitting herself down, properly, she points towards some of the drinks in the shelf behind. "think you can make me an orange cocktail? i haven't had that in a long time!"[break][break]

"aaaand--" she winds up and plants her elbows and arms against the counter. she stands on the leg rest of the chair for a moment to help lift her over the counter. "i haven't seen you in a while! how's it going? you can't have possibly forgotten me, right?" because if he hadn't, he' know saying no will result in another sorry act of pain.

[newclass=.campus] background-color:#fff;padding:10px;border:1px solid #eee;border-radius:10px 10px 0px 0px ; [/newclass]
[newclass=.campustitle] font:40px single day;color:#eabfb9;font-weight:bold;text-align:left;text-shadow:3px 3px #eee;margin-left:20px;margin-top:20px;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.campussub] width:100%;font:11px calibri; color:#a9a9a9;text-transform:uppercase;margin-left:26px;margin-top:-8px;text-align:left;font-weight:bold;-webkit-transition: ease 0.6s;position:absolute;[/newclass]
[newclass=.campustag] width:100%;font:11px calibri; color:#a9a9a9;text-transform:uppercase;margin-left:26px;margin-top:-8px;font-weight:bold;text-align:left;opacity:0;-webkit-transition: ease 0.6s;position:absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.campustag a] font:11px calibri;font-weight:bold;color:#a9a9a9; [/newclass]
[newclass=.oppa] background-color:transparent;margin-top:8px;font:10px verdana;color:#a9a9a9;line-height:12px;text-align:justify;overflow:auto; padding-right:6px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.oppa::-webkit-scrollbar]width:2px;background-color:#fff; border:2px solid #fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.oppa::-webkit-scrollbar-track]width:4px; background-color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.oppa::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]background-color:#eabfb9; border-left:2px solid #eabfb9; border-right:2px solid #eabfb9;border-top:2px solid #eabfb9;border-bottom:2px solid #eabfb9; [/newclass]
[Googlefont=Single Day]
close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
peek-a-boo
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2019 5:58:18 GMT
evan fader Avatar

His brow furrows and he narrows his eyes at her for moment before responding. "Don't. you. even! We just finished Halloween and I expect it to be treated with some dignity in this house." His hands move to his hips. "At least let the corpse go cold before you start talking about that." it becomes evident that he is simply playing at being dramatic when the facade slips a moment later as if he never meant a bit of it to begin with. "That's actually a good one though, very crafty of you." He chuckled.

Hands move, one to his elbow the other to his chin, tapping away just bellow his lip when he seems to look her over again. The man leans forward to get a better look at her over the bar, head tilting ever so slightly, a frown slowly making its way to his face as if he just can't quite seem to place where he might have seen her before. And besides, a lot of people know his name around here long before he knew there's so it was entirely plausible he didn't know her at all.

"Maybe you did have something to drink and you're just toying with me, because I don't recognize you at all!" He says it so nonchalantly it could almost be true. "Are you sure you've been here before?" he is, of course, teasing her as he retrieves a fresh glass and places it on the counter, turning his back to her and crouching as he retrieves a carton of orange juice from the cooler, grinning to himself. "It's going fine though! As busy as ever." he calls back over his shoulder.

@maple

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
peek-a-boo
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2019 4:15:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","campus"]

[attr="class","oppa"]

oh, wounded. she was oh, so wounded. [break][break]

so wounded in fact, she thought she was going to faint! oh, woe was her! she was going to topple at any moment from the shock, she could feel it. any moment now. oh, she felt like her fragile, maiden heart could take no more! [break][break]

rather, she began to laugh a bit more at his facade and mocking manner. it was obvious (to her, at least) that he was indulging in her bizarre manner of socializing and light-hearted banter. she greatly appreciated it; especially when there weren't a lot of people she knew who would return the jokes and fun. now, she loved her siblings to death and all? but there were some people they associated with that she couldn't get behind and, even then, she was never one to be tied to the tight knit family. affectionate as she was, she liked her fair amount of freedom. understandable? totally. [break][break]

she puts a hand over her heart, laughing a bit more before composing herself enough to say coherent words. "aw, no need to get all sour! like a pickle? like a pickle!" she sticks her tongue out at him in a playful manner while leaning her cheek against her knuckles. "great to hear that everything's doing fine~. ozzy tried to drag me out and - i love him - but i really felt like a third wheel. it was terrible. horrible."

[Googlefont=Single Day]
close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
peek-a-boo
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2019 0:00:14 GMT
evan fader Avatar

"A pickle?" this child made no sense at all and Evan leaves his face in the cooler for an extra moments to hide the look on his face from her. He didn't understand her line of thinking terribly well but at least it kept things exciting, no?

The rest is like second nature, despite the gaps in his mind and how easily he got lost in his own head his body seemed to function without problems. The muscle memory attached to the drink name in his head meant he didn't have to think about it. Hands reached absently for ingredients and a glass, the rest already up at his station behind the bar. His eyes are on her even his hands were working on something entirely different without him.

"What he choose you as a chaperone for a date or something love?" he laughs at himself for the comment, because how utterly ridiculous! But people do ridiculous things regularly. He especially knows it well. "What made it so bad you were a miserable and squeaky third wheel?" he teases, because he doubts she kept quiet about her predicament during the ordeal- whatever it was. He's sure she'll spill the entire container out on the bar in front of her once he's asked and the drink taps gently against the counter top.

His other hand reaches out next to it and he doesn't quite let it go. "ID for the camera so I don't have to make you sit at a table." she should know the routine by now, because even if Evan doesn't always agree with the rules he still obeys them well enough not to lose his establishment.

@maple

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
peek-a-boo
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2019 4:45:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","campus"]

[attr="class","oppa"]

she groans, softly. [break][break]

"he did!" she whines, just a little bit louder. could he believe that? probably not, but she didn't like being brought out like that! ... well, okay. she wouldn't say he brought her out to be a third wheel, because she knows that he likes the girl. but at the same time, there are just some people she thought should be introduced to the family, formally. this, coming from her of all people. surprisingly enough, she was fairly conservative when it came to family manners - probably because she didn't know any other way to handle them. [break][break]

she stretches her arms across and over the counter, wheezing softly before resting her chin on the surface. she puffs a cheek and lets out another soft whine. "nothing on the girl.." she starts, furrowing her brows. despite her words, however, she wears a scoff before taking a looksie up at the drink. before she can grab it, he pulls it back and holds his hand to ask for id. maple wheezes, again, but she knows it's for the law and yadda yadda. god, being a god citizen was a lot of work. [break][break]

she passes over her trainer card, which more or less acted as the universal identification, anyways. should have been enough, and she was legal to drink. but, for the time being, she let the drink sit while she continue to complain about the event. "ozzy more or less let me out with his girl, probably to become friends, but we're reaaally different!" she groans, before slowly leaning against her elbows. "i mean, how do i even talk to someone who looks at me like i'm a whiny brat? like, i am, don't get me wrong, but i don't like being looked at that way!" she pauses, then slowly lowers again to rest her forehead against the counter.[break][break]

"and i couldn't even say anything, because i didn't wanna make either of them mad. i tried really hard..."

[Googlefont=Single Day]
close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
peek-a-boo
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2019 8:13:38 GMT
evan fader Avatar

She hands over the id and Evan holds it up while she speaks. He doesn't really have to worry about what's on the card so much as give it a cursory overview to confirm it's real. Or make it look like he is.

This is Maple though.

As such he makes a point to furrow and frown at it, turning it over, turning it sideways, looking over it at her as if to say he's not quiiiiite sure this is her before he finally hands it back setting the drink on the table in time for her to be done spilling the drama of her day all over his counter for him to help her pick up.

"To be frank dear, if you don't want to be looked at that way you need to work on not behaving that way. At least a little bit." there was nothing accusatory or offensive or even mildly negative or snotty about the way he said it. The sentence was just a simple observation on what she had said and a truth that may not have been needed to be pointed out but that she may have needed to hear out loud. He gives her a pointed look to go with it, the kind someone might expect from their mom more than the man at the bar.

He leans against his portion of the countertop, relaxing a little in her presence. "I can understand though, feels like you can't do a whole lot in those kinds of situation right?" because that's the root of the problem really, at least he imagines. Because he's sure she loves her brother and is willing to at last try and get along with this girl for his sake but that doesn't change the fact that if she felt so out of place she couldn't do anything without it being a problem that makes a problem.

"The best thing you can do about things like that is calmly explain how its making you feel. It may seem like the wrong thing but talk to your brother, tell him that you felt like she didn't give you much of a chance, or however it is you feel and that you want to be nice to her for him but it's going to be hard when you feel so out of place."

He gives her a moment to think about it before he asks another question. "What kind of things were guys doing? A lunch out?" context helps too, because he's sure it was something the girl wasn't very fond of that kind of thing just makes those sorts of situations a little harder.

@maple

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
peek-a-boo
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2019 5:05:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
oh, another blow to the heart. how painful. 

once again, she puts her hand to her chest and wheezes dramatically. "how dare--" she starts, then sits back up to lean against the counter. "how dare? like, i know that's how i am, but that's not my problem!" so she says, despite knowing that it is, entirely, her fault. either way, she feigns offence.

though she knows that, she still chose to play the part. her whining turns into pouts and groans, loud enough for him to hear the distaste in her voice. "... i mean, i know that. fully well.." she grumbles, beginning to kick her legs gently against the leg of the stool. "but that's just how i am, y'know. not that easy to chaaange~" once again, another exaggeration. her pout turns to a smile, once she hears that they are finally on the same page. 

heck, she can feel herself slapping her hand against the counter, only to pull it away and shake her open palm with a soft wheeze. "shoooouuuld not have done thaaaat!" she began to squee. it takes a moment, but she composes herself properly. "i mean, i'd talk to him, but i don't wanna make him feel bad.." she narrows her eyes "and we went pokemon catching, hunting, on an adventure he said. would have liked it if we just hung out at home or something, but then that'd be even more awkward.."

close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
peek-a-boo
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2019 8:19:19 GMT
evan fader Avatar

"It very much is your problem!" the laughter spills out from the cracks between the words, dripping from his lips with a genuine mirth that few can measure to. He shakes his head at her and her little bouts of nonsense. Sometimes he doesn't understand this child at all. "You have to live with yourself right?"

In a way they are just playing dramatics off of each other and Evan knows that, but he retorts all the same because there is often more truth to people's words than they want there to be. It's not like he expects her to make a total 180 in her behavior anyway, it's a bigger topic than that but not one to broach without the right build up. Right now, a little nudge is enough.

Evan leans forward on the bar top, elbows on the counter with his chin in his hands as they continued to talk. "If he feels bad tell him there's no need to feel bad."

The man sighs and looks down at the counter, taking a moment to think over what she's said and how he himself would deal with the situation. "It sounds to me that part of it is just you're different people with different preferences, which isn't anything to feel bad about and it doesn't mean you can't find common ground with each other. It just means you have to look for a common ground between you and them than what they have between each other." A hands reaches up to rub the back of his neck.

"I know it may not be what you were looking to hear today when you came by today but just see if you guys can do something more mellow like lunch or a movie next time?"

Because he has a feeling there will not only be a next time but he'll definitely hear about it too. Which is perfectly fine, but if the young lady doesn't give herself more of a presence next time it'll just be the same feeling all over again.

@maple

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
peek-a-boo
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2020 6:04:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","maple"]

[break][break]

"But! Also consider, it's nooooot!" her body sprawls out and over the top fo the counter. The same, michevious grin on her face said otherwise: though she knew the consequences of her actions, it wouldn't hurt her to pretend that there was nothing wrong with the arrangements, right? [break][break]

Like, if what she was going to do was such a bad idea, or if this way of thinking was flawed and would screw her over in the long run, the universe would have grabbed her by the collar, picked her up like a disobeying cat, and scolded her, right? If no one was going out of their way to stop her, it couldn't be a bad idea! Right? [break][break]

Right![break][break]

So she whines. She whines over the counter, while puffing her cheek out and giving a pouty expression to Evan up there. "Muuuuurrr.." she groans, beginning to slowly crawl her hands back to her body and raise herself off the counter. "I mean, I'm gonna try to get along with her, and all.." she says, beginning to bite the inside of her cheek. Argh.. She didn't like having to compromise like this! But.. It was for her big brother. Even if it wasn't like she had to do it, she'd prefer to. Because it's her big brother. [break][break]

Maple takes a sip of the alcoholic glass passed to her, and she lets out a relieved sigh from the fruity goodness that overrides the stinky, sour sock taste of the actual alcohol. "I mean, I wanna watch a movie, but.." she grumbles, trailing off "wouldn't that be more like, something to talk about after? Otherwise it's like, three hours of just quietly watching. Plus, money." that could be the same as lunch, but then it eliminates the what in what to talk about. [break][break]

Argh! This was too much work! "Why does socializing have to be so tiriiiing?" she whines, slowly lowering to rest her forehead against the table. Another muffled groan could be heard under the mass of brunette hair.

[break][break]

[newclass=.maple] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.maple b] color: #e4a9f0; [/newclass]
[newclass=.maple i] color: #e4a9f0; font-style: italic; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
peek-a-boo
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 3:48:01 GMT
evan fader Avatar

Evan laughs with the same jolly amused sound he always does at well, just about everything. Little maple is by no means an exception to the general evan rule. Her melodramatic flare returns the smile to his lips as he watches her, hands moving to his hips and wait for her to pull herself together.

She does, after a moment, and he waits a little longer to let her talk. "That's exactly why I suggested it." he returns to the cleaning he was in the middle of before she had interrupted him, shaking his head a little as he wiped down another part of the counter.

"The problem if you don't like to socialize the same way they do, but you want to try. Most everyone can handle sitting down and watching a movie and it allows you to spend time in each other's company. It gives a common ground to speak about after and can, perhaps, bridge the gap before it gets too big." he says with a gentle grin, the kind she's surely used to seeing on his face. He's being a doting mother, the gentle big brother, insisting she do something that will help the situation more than make it worse.

"And frankly if that doesn't work I would suggest trying again but you can't make her like you or make the two o you get along. Just do your best Maple, it'll work out or it won't and neither way is a bad thing."

The again, evan tended to give better advice than he knew how to follow and it was entirely possible for his words to fall short. If the girl even took them to heart enough to put them into practice. Time woudl tell.

@maple