she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
open arms [c]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2019 19:55:36 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

[attr="class","tooksprites"]

[newclass=.tooksprites]opacity:.7;transition:all .4s linear;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tooksprites:hover]opacity:1;[/newclass]
[attr="class","humour"]

celebrations for those who have passed and their spirits had come and gone in the last few weeks. sootopolis paid its respects to its fallen leaders and those who had proceeded olivia, of which it had been presumed the former councilwoman of sootopolis had joined the ranks of the dead. this was incorrect olivia had been informed by a phone call from a member of the crown. sightings of miss morningstar had been reported and after a quick conversation between the abbiati and morningstar secretaries, a meeting was set up between the two sisters of sootopolis.

once the other woman had arrived to silverspire, she would be led through the castle by a member of the crown. the procession was quick and courteous with dips of the head greeting the lady morningstar should she speak to any of the crown members buzzing about. they passed balder’s gym as well before finally stopping at the door to olivia’s office.

on the upper floors of the tallest towers is where the abbiati matriarch resided and waited. reports and other paperwork were spread out across her desk when a soft rapping of the door alerted olivia of her guest’s arrival. “enter.” she called from her desk, filing away her paperwork into a drawer. olivia stood as the crown member left her alone with the woman who once had been a headache. her powder blue dress shuffled as olivia approached with a cordial smile and open arms, “welcome to silverspire. it is good to see you up and about, freya.”

[attr="class","ooc"][attr="class","fa fa-spinner"]
[attr="class","ooc"]

+ it is time

[googlefont=Open Sans:800]
[newclass=.humour::-webkit-scrollbar]width:5px;background-color:#000;border: 2px solid #fff;[/newclass][newclass=.humour::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:5px;background-color:#000;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
open arms [c]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2019 20:43:17 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]there are bruises across her back, her torso, littering his legs. but these are hidden, and her cracking bones are heard only to her own ears. her cane strikes the ground with each step, but her twisted leg is not a product of her battle between

the abbiati woman has, since her hiatus, taken care of her people. she can see it in their faces. she can feel it in the air. and she is glad that such a woman had reined in her stead. she is happy for her people. 

so she approaches silverspire with a reverence and a respect that she did not know she would ever feel for her once-adversary. 

she approaches with moxie curled around the nape of her neck, tail twisting around her silver circlet. the armament was once the only one she wore, the piece that carries six pokeballs, neatly fitted into its frame. 

but now her arms twist with snaking spirals, bracers that befit her army of dragons. and there is a wildness to her now, an untamed and off-kilter and hard-edged facet that gleams in her eyes and the way she carries herself. her hair is done up in ornate braids; her salamencite rests in a brooch that holds them together. 

the doors open and olivia stands before her in all her grace. she dips her head and walks forward, embracing her sootopolis sister. 

"my queen," she says, lips tugging in a smile. it's nothing more than a jest, harking back to old times. (better times?) she leans into her cane. "before we begin, i would like to thank you. i appreciate all that you've done for our city." no longer 'my' city. 

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
open arms [c]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2019 21:31:25 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

[attr="class","humour"]

olivia wasn't surprised by the hug, but she did find the snake around the other woman's neck unnerving. it reminded her of the way had made use of his own serpent in their battle. perhaps he had picked up on such a tactic from the dragon queen. yet, that was in the past - an age long gone with hopes and ambitions thrown to the sea with their champion's departure. pulling out from the embrace with a warm smile, she offered a curtsey at the usage of that title that haunted her. queen.

olivia pulled out the chair that sat in front of her desk for freya to sit and replied gracefully, "it is an honor to hear such coming from you." it was more of a relief, knowing that she no longer had to contest her authority with the morningstar woman but she would leave at it what she had said. settling back into her chair across from freya, the desk separating the two, olivia got straight to the point. "i do hope you are having a speedy recover but i fear the world has grown darker since your absence. following the tentacruel attack on slateport there have been three other such 'raids', as the rangers have come to call them, across hoenn." she began, trying to catch the dragon queen up to speed.

she continued, "there has also been a spike in legendary sightings as well as these 'avatars': people imbued with their strength and power, and are two examples of such." olivia wasn't too sure what the other woman knew or didn't know so she kept up the pace. "with all of this data, and my own independent research, i have come to the conclusion that hoenn is, in fact, at dire risk. the rocket menace may have been put down but i fear that their impact - and even the league's - on the environment is the cause for such aggravated attacks and legendary intervention."

olivia clasped her hands and set them on the desk, her ocean eyes looking to freya as she waited for a response.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+ it is time

[newclass=.humour::-webkit-scrollbar]width:5px;background-color:#000;border: 2px solid #fff;[/newclass][newclass=.humour::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:5px;background-color:#000;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
open arms [c]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2019 22:09:31 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]there is a painstaking relief on her face as she takes a seat across from olivia. she grimaces as her back aches, leg twinging. but they are ghost pains, gentle reminders of what she's put her body through these past few months. 

olivia reminds her that the world is not kind, and this naked truth of it is truly what binds the two together as sisters of sootopolis. they will fight tooth and claw to protect their people. freya's time for political shenanigans and wordplay maneuvering is over. 

"as you know, i have experienced firsthand the devastating power that these ultra beasts possess," she says, jaw clenched, when olivia finishes. she swallows. "and i have witnessed firsthand just how powerful these proclaimed avatars become when a legendary bestows gifts upon them." 

she tilts her head. "balder and fernando mean well for hoenn, but i dread what may happen should other pokemon of legend reach out to those with ill intention.

"the tentacruel were devastating in their own right. no one knows that better than myself. but they are a side effect of those beasts. i don't believe they want anything. the mossdeep incident..."
she stops, half-closes her eyes, takes a breath. 

"my apologies. you've seen the footage." she mulls over her own thoughts and then nods to herself. moxie opens her eyes. "these monstrous pokemon that have emerged since the wormholes--i believe they're pawns of a higher power. but i can't believe they're being controlled by the ultra beasts.

"and if, at the end of the day, there is no man, no being, behind all this, then i would say that our reckoning has come."

[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
open arms [c]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2019 0:11:28 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

[attr="class","humour"]

there were pauses as freya spoke, olivia listening intently to even the silence that followed. there was pain in her voice - physically and emotionally this woman had been through it. she nodded along at the other woman's words, her silver hair bobbing back and forth. "our reckoning, as you have put it, shall be halted." olivia said simply, her hands spread out on her desk and those azure eyes looking at freya with crystal clear focus. she reached into the drawer of her desk and produced a slim manilla folder with the letters A.Q.U.A. written across it.

olivia slid it towards freya and began, "now, more than ever, we need to make an initiative to put an end to these natural and unnatural crisis. the league needs to step up if we are to protect hoenn, and I have asked you here now, to help me in this effort. your support could help convince the other councilmen of the importance of this initiative." she paused for a brief moment before explaining, "i aim to put together a league sanctioned team of researchers, trainers, and rangers whose sole purpose is to investigate these out of the ordinary creatures: such as the ultra beast spawning from wormholes and this influx of legendary pokemon."

within the folder were reports on the most recent 'raids', the mossdeep incident, as well as accounts of the recently cited legendary pokemon and their avatars. "what are your thoughts on this?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

+ it is time

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
open arms [c]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2019 0:30:27 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]olivia is patient with her, and for that she is thankful. she has changed much these past few months as well. she remembers the woman as a headstrong leader, blinded by her own ideals to the pleas of others. but somehow, through all of this, they have managed to find equal footing, an understanding. 

she feels, actually, as though she is catching a glimpse of the past. old freya would have spoken vehemently of these ideas with such optimism. such cause. such drive.

she has no such follies anymore. 

her gaze flickers down to the envelope and she peruses its contents before folding it closed again. she allows it to rest in her lap and then folds her arms over it, lips pursed. "it will not be enough."

she does not mean to sound so harsh, but she has never been able to mince words. "research is not enough. you said it yourself--these things are a threat, and lives are on the line. i will take your side so long as you add a clause. i believe we will have councilman silph's vote in the matter this way."

she leans forward. "i will be in charge of training and overseeing the immediate response team to the appearances. our directive is to dispatch the beasts on site as quickly as possible, and without any expenses spared."

she sniffs, any traces of fear hidden behind stone-cold eyes. "it will be volunteer only. those who join must understand that they will more than likely die on the field. that is all."

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
open arms [c]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2019 8:23:44 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

[attr="class","humour"]

she was right, olivia realized, as she spoke. silph understood only one thing: power. should they focus primarily on an offensive tactic he would be sure to agree. "yes, this could work." she said more so to herself than to freya, blinking away the pleasure she found in cooperation. plus, with freya leading such an undertaking he would be hard pressed to doubt her loyalties to the league. it was all falling in place.

"should the initiative garner votes from silph and cole, you will undoubtedly have any and all available resources at the ready." olivia assured. she pulled forth a pad and pen and began to write. if freya were to train this group of brave individuals surely she had some people in mind? olivia wrote down some people she had in mind and said, "yes, of course, volunteers only - though they would be given a stipend and be covered by league insurance so their families will be taken care of should anything happen. of volunteers, however, are there any you might have in mind?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

+ it is time

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
open arms [c]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2019 19:06:40 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]"compensate them as you see fit," she says with a nod. and then she looks elsewhere, waiting patiently as olivia mulls her idea over, as she adds her own flairs and touches. 

her gaze sharpens. she holds up her chin, cold blue eyes unblinking. her face is emotionless as she simply says, 

"one. ex-rocket beast emma wolfe, known by her street name as the wolf. she must be granted immunity for her crimes and prior involvement with rocket.

"she will be an invaluable asset to the league and this program. i will not offer my services if this demand isn't met."
fernando may think her useless, may claim her weak, but olivia does not know of what transpired between them. 

she learned a thing or two about politics during her time as councilwoman, after all. 

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
open arms [c]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2019 0:00:43 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

[attr="class","humour"]

olivia stopped writing as freya spoke, laying both the paper and pen down on the desk. an ex rocket. a beast, no a wolfe specifically. the name was familiar. the mistress of the ocean pursed her lips as freya continued. it had taken a moment but the name finally clicked: she was one of the few who the league knew had a hand in the kanto-rocket crisis... and multiple charges of murder. those ocean eyes of olivia's seem to glaze over with a cool frost as she looked up at freya and answered swiftly, "done."

"there will, of course, be stipulations. her identity will be kept confidential to all save for the council, commissioner, and should we ever get one another, the champion. she will not train with those who you lead and i want her confined to the morningstar estate during the day." olivia said flatly, her offer chilled with conditions. "she is no dog, though, to be kept on a leash. i will allow her the freedom to roam sootopolis past sunset but under no circumstances is she to use her pokemon in public without your supervision."

there was a brief moment before olivia added, "further, should any of these promises be broken - even once - i cannot save her from what justice the league deems worthy of dishing out." they both knew what olivia meant by justice, it was the twisted and cruel wrath of fernando that this would have to face. alone.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+ it is time

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
open arms [c]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2019 15:24:24 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]hoenn and its people are desperate. and now is not the time for red tape. so freya mulls over olivia's answer, tapping her fingers against her knee. 

"her identity is not known to most of the league. those i will train would not be able to recognize her."

she stops her tapping. "but i will not bring a trained team into battle with a variable. they will learn how to work together as a unit. she will train with them and keep her true identity a secret."

she relents, however, and she knows, she knows that emma might despise her for this. that she might have just agreed to cage her, bind her, shackle her from the rest of the world. but we will be in this together. 

"your other terms are agreeable and i will cede to them." 

she scoffs, then, and offers a wan smile. "i'm prepared to deal with fernando."

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
open arms [c]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2019 19:52:23 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

[attr="class","humour"]

that went better than expected. no uproar, no discourse. "very well then, she may train with the rest but at least find a wig or dye her hair. this is for her protection. who knows what enemies she may have made whilst working for rocket. who may be searching for her now." olivia warned before jotting down 'emma wolfe' to her growing list. this, at least, would not be something council need vote on. olivia had the authority now to pardon her and with a well worded legal document and there was nothing any of others could do to stop her from granting this woman immunity. she only prayed it was the right choice.

"you and i may be able to go toe to toe with silph," olivia retorted, her icy gaze meeting freya's. "but that does not mean miss wolfe can. she will be at a severe disadvantage in the eyes of the law should anything go awry." olivia glanced back down at her list, lips pursed. "moving forward, i want one of these 'avatars' to be trained as well. we do not know the full extent of their abilities and what exactly their connection to the legendary pokemon are, but i do not doubt their power if it was bestowed by the gods. they will be an invaluable resources in the battles to come."

she tapped her pen agains the pad of paper, the thumping slow and steady. "who, however, is the true question. i wish for balder to remain in sootopolis to defend the city, of course, and i would like to keep fernando as far from this project as possible." olivia noted, her eyes scanning over the names she had. "of what other avatars there are... i am unsure. there will be researchers who are a part of this team dedicated to investigating these legendary sightings and those who have been marked by them."

olivia looked up to freya, a brow raised, "that is unless you know of any others?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

+ it is time

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
open arms [c]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2019 16:55:42 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]her stoic demeanor, kept together prim and proper this entire meeting, deteriorates as olivia continues to warn her about the possibility of emma's reckoning. her fingers whiten as she grips the edge of her chair and in a brief flash, olivia will be able to see the fire behind her eyes--all-consuming, delirious, and vengeful. 

she speaks with her teeth, a warning, and moxie hisses at her neck at her sudden rage. "anyone, silph or otherwise, will have to go through me before even thinking about touching her."

her hands tremble now, but olivia moves on and freya's sparking embers are doused by the queen's cool voice. she blinks slowly. 

"the only other reliable avatar i can think of is , but i know not of her current allegiances." her eyes soften. "she has a kind heart and a respect for the law. i don't know that she'll be able to work outside of it."

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
open arms [c]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2019 21:40:44 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

[attr="class","humour"]

"of mauville?" olivia managed to say, an arched brow revealing her surprise. "i knew her a follower of the fae, yes, but for her to be chosen as an avatar is news to me." she pursed her lips, thoughts green with envy leaking into her head. why was that girl selected for such an honored role? called upon by her gods of the forest to do... what, exactly, was still the question she was trying to understand. it left a bitter taste in her mouth.

she dismissed such thoughts with the writing of her pen, tentatively adding cait's name to her growing list as she noted, "miss alfric should consent then, as it will be entirely within the parameters of the law, sanctioned by the league. though i am unsure if she will leave her city to fend for itself to fight these beast on the frontlines." olivia tapped her pen against the pad in a slow steady beat as she thought. "it is about time i pay her gym a visit anyhow, so i shall bring up such matters then. thank you for the information, freya."

"whilst i garner support from our peers, are there any citizens that you may know who would be interested in such an initiative?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

+ it is time

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
open arms [c]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 2:39:35 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she drums her fingers against her thigh. old habits die hard. freya morningstar is not known for sitting still. another reason council life never suited her. 

so as olivia drones on with her own dallying thoughts, freya occupies herself otherwise. she mulls over her battle with fernando. 

she's been obsessing over it, lately. 

because he shows restraint. and if he didn't, he'd be as formidable as the creature that felled an entire city. 

she sighs and then takes a stand. moxie's tail flicks. "i've been gone for several months, remember? i will lead those you see fit to follow; the rest is in your hands."

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
open arms [c]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2020 2:14:14 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

[attr="class","humour"]

"duly noted." olivia retorted. she closed the folders and rested her hands on them. "i believe this is all settled then, freya. a proposal shall be coming forth soon to the council, with you at the head of this initiative. you'll receive an update once the council meeting has taken place and a decision is made."

she rose from her seat and gestured towards the door. "it was a delight having you here, and good to see you've recovered from your injuries. may the gods offer their blessings to you and your own in this time of need." olivia offered with a deep bow. unless freya had anything else to say, olivia was ready to get things moving.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+ it is time