awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
howls [gym]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2019 18:44:49 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Indeed." Fernando has no further agenda to push and allows Kyle to end that talking point with his lasting quip. Likewise, the battle enthralls his attention and Fernando enjoys the theatrics with a muted smirk. There's something about having a real, lengthy battle that proves entertaining. Wild Pokemon never provide much in the terms of sportsmanship, beat and battered into submission out of the fear of pain. It is true combatants, like Kyle that take punches and get back up to slug back. The back and forth is engaging, if not riddled in suspense.

The sound of the Pokemon's SNARL causes Fernando to shudder. His Pokemon show more resolve but the negative energy from such a sinister growl whittles at their moral and stamina. His Golurk answers the call with the only attack pattern it knows, disappearing from view again with PHANTOM FORCE as it fades into a ghastly nothingness.

The sound of metal against teeth clangs when the CRUNCH connects. Such fierce canines INTIMIDATE the Aegislash into a challenge of which is sharper and it feels its offense drop as the doubt settles in. Regardless, it does not falter from following up. The moment the contact is broken and the Mightyena is thrown back, the Aegislash descends upon it with an alarming speed. Its PURSUIT comes at a dastardly speed, looking to follow up with a cheap shot as the Aegislash expects retaliation.

"I wasn't," Fernando answers nonchalantly. Lying is as easy as breathing and even this answer doesn't have a clear cut hedge between being a white lie or truth. "Things have slowed down now that you've ended Rocket so my duties have been lax as of lately. A head ranger was instated and other people rising up has freed up my time. However, most of my challenges were structured to run without me. I just wanted to personally see how an Elite Four member takes on a Gym."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,413 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
howls [gym]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2019 17:47:03 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"aw, you shouldn't have." the lips curve upwards as if he was flattered, but the expression on his eyes said otherwise, betraying the fact that he simply forced the smile. nonetheless, it dissipates soon after. "but, um, yeah, how should i say this... the way my pokemon fight with and without commands kinda differ."

just as his statement ends, he sees his mightyena welcome the attack, yowling and taunting the opposing pokemon to continue fighting him. the strike gets the canine in the eye, limiting its vision for the battle. it doesn't seem serious, however, and kyle keeps the battle going.

"is it the same circumstance as yours?"

both of the dogs disregard the golurk as they think there's nothing they could do about it. instead the remaining mightyena runs to his brother's side and faces the aegislash, barking once to get its attention, and then parted his maw to a yawn.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
howls [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2020 6:33:37 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "The premade challenges are structured to run their course with or without me, so these Pokemon will be fine. You're welcome to return to the battle if you want. We can always chat later." Fernando extends his hand to point back to the battlefield, dismissive but well aware of Kyle's purpose for visiting.

The Aegislash has no way of dealing with the TAUNT or YAWN so it resort to the only thing it can: attacking. Up close after following with PURSUIT, this puts it in a prime position to rotates around with a gleaming SACRED SWORD.

The Golurk from before appears from behind the YAWNING Mightyena, looking to land a DYNAMIC PUNCH. It disregards the Aegislash entirely since the two Pokemon know well enough that both fighting moves will phase right through them, making friendly fire unlikely.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,413 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
howls [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2020 19:13:33 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle waves his hands in front of him, trying to dismiss the offer. "no, no, no. it's really fine! it's just that," he turns his head towards his pokemon. "they fight really messy. they look entertaining from the perspective of a spectator, though.."

with the two mightyena focused on the aegislash, delta manages to predict the maneuver and protect against the swing. it clashes with the barrier with a metallic sound, sharp and crisp.

as the aegislash's attack bounces off, the other mightyena foolishly grabs onto the hilt with his maw, believing that the effects of yawn should start taking effect soon. he turns around to meet the golurk and attempts to swing the aegislash's blade against it.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
howls [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2020 3:36:08 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] A swing and a miss. Well, not really. The clinging sound of its SACRED SWORD clashing against PROTECT means that the Pokemon has struck something. Just not what it wants. And in return the steadiness of the PROTECT holds the Aegislash in place as it has to reel back in order to turn for another swing. Unfortunately, that proves impossible when the other Mightyena latches on. Teeth dig in and the Aegislash is about to whirl around to throw the dog off when a sudden drowsiness over takes it. Victim to a nonconsensual nap, the Pokemon goes limp in the mouth of the Mightyena.

Defenseless, the Aegislash is used against the Golurk as both a weapon and shield. The blade cuts through the DYNAMIC PUNCH, unharmed due to the Pokemon's physical make up but prevents it from running through to follow up against the canine wielder. With no choice but to disregard its partner, the Golurk pivots on its heel with a stomp, turning around to ram into the two with HIGH HORSEPOWER.

Fernando nods, laughing mildly at the comment. "Messy is fun and good practice for when you can't micromanage too many Pokemon at once." The sight of Kyle's Pokemon using his own as a weapon causes his brows to knot, unsure of whether to be impressive or flabbergasted. "Looks like I'll have to step in soon now that Aegislash is asleep. Should be a clean win for your Mightyena at this point."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,413 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
howls [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 17:09:21 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"you know what's good with having a party of pokemon with pack mentality? you only have to train one of them to be independent and the rest just follows. solves the micromanaging thing. can't really show that off on official battles though."

not that he had many opportunities to show it off at all. perhaps that was one part he missed from having a region in disarray, though he knows not to voice it out, especially in front of fernando.

both of his mightyena got blown away with the high horsepower, forcing one of them to drop the aegislash on the ground. not that it mattered when it was effectively out of the battle with the sleep condition. their eyes glared at the assailant as they wasted no time getting back up and unleashing their assault.

delta runs straight for the golurk and pounces for its head, fangs ready to crunch the it in its face. echo readies a shadow ball while it follows after the other mightyena, unleashing the attack point blank as he neared the ghost-type.

"well, they do have the type advantage after all..." he mutters, as fernando also ascertains their possible win.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
howls [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 4:27:01 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Pack mentality?"

Fernando repeats the phrase aloud and ponders over the schematics of deploying such a technique. It would never work with his own team composition considering how often he mix and matches his Pokemon but with the one Kyle uses? Fernando's only really seen his Mightyena and cooperation between same species Pokemon should work well, in theory anyway. "What happens when the pack leader falls? Is there a chain of command?"

The battle unfolds as predicted. Without Aegislash's ability to KING'S SHIELD, the double battle loses their full potential and each Pokemon barely compliment each other. The cohesion relies on the single point of that strategy and now they have nothing. Worse than nothing, actually. Now that Aegislash is asleep and incapacitated, the ensuring two against one provides an uphill battle that neither Golurk or Fernando can overcome.

The momentum from the HIGH HORSEPOWER proves too great for the Golurk to pivot which puts it on a linear path for the Mightyena to attack. Unfortunately, that means that the much more agile Pokemon is too hard to swat away and it latches onto Golurk's head with a resounding CRUNCH. The tower golem is about to reach for the Pokemon to throw it off when the follow up SHADOW BALL knocks it back and onto its back. Both attacks are clean blows and cracks the remainder of the Golurk's stamina. It stumble to get back on its feet and without interference, there's no doubt that the opponent's will follow up to keep the Pokemon down.

For the most part, the match is over and there's no denying who will come out as the victor. Rather than have Kyle finish it by beating his Pokemon into actual unconsciousness, Fernando takes a stand and returns his Golurk with his Aegislash right after.

"Solid battle, Lopez. As we can see, our Pokemon are evenly matched and fought their hardest. It's a shame that we'll have to end this on a draw."

Fernando's joking, of course, but the deadpan delivery makes it questionable.

"Hopefully next time you can win decisively and earn yourself the Silph badge."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,413 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
howls [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 15:08:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"kinda. yeah."

the chain of command were usually sorted out by his pokemon themselves, but the usual trend seems to be seniority. kyle figured out he can overwrite it with his commands, but the opportunity to use it seldom showed itself, so he doesn't bother with the specifics anymore.

his pokemon fall, and kyle faces fernando with an equally neutral expression. he wonders if it's his attempt of humor. logic and intuition dictate that it is, though he feigns ignorance regardless.

kyle pulls out his phone and starts to swipe his thumb on the screen and then typing at its screen. he has done this before, and the procedure was still fresh in his mind that he knows each step taken.

"i'll make an appointment for tomorrow, then. will you still be here by then?"

he doesn't really mind a rematch. if anything, it provides him another reason not to go to work. he classifies hunting for badges as training since it only solidifies his position in his resume.

"i can even bring something more powerful than mightyena just to make sure i win."

both bailey and mateo were known to be destructive in their battle. it wasn't improbable to have another member of the elite four to share their tendencies.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
howls [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2020 7:38:55 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Kyle's matching disposition catches him by surprise. He's not familiar enough with Kyle to be certain as to whether or not he's joking so he assumes the later due to their positions of power and Kyle's follow through performance and compliance. Fernando attributes the mix up due to his infamous facial expression, or lack thereof, and stares at him before blinking.

"I was kidding, Lopez." Fernando reaches into his pocket and pulls out a single Silph Badge. "I enjoyed seeing what your Pokemon were capable of. That move at the beginning really took me off guard. If not for that, I could easily see the battle stalling out much longer and perhaps even in my favor."

Kyle may have won his challenge but that doesn't mean he's conquered the Frontier. "If you'd like to take on some of the other preset challenges we have I'd love to have you visit again. Whenever you have the time."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,646 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
howls [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 8:45:30 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]gym battle complete!
[attr="class","reward2"]

you two receive the following: 125 pokedollars, 10 infamy, & 5x lucky letters.
[break]