awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
duscae [duo, wild]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2019 16:18:57 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Yeah, thankfully. I realized that there was someone looking for a Haxorus on the trading forums I frequent, and they have one of the other Pokémon that I’m looking for in exchange,” he said, picking up the occupied Pokéball and pocketing it. Not too soon after he’d done this he then saw something flashing through the dirt.

And for some reason, even if he already had one of them, he decided, why not get it? Who knows?

“Mirana, after that!” he called to the Salazzle, who quickly gave chase to the Pawniard, hissing and spitting. Much as she wanted to release a Poison Gas at the thing, it wasn’t going to work. Instead, an attempt to Captivate the Pawniard came from the female lizard, and Lars wasn’t expecting the wild Pawniard to fall for the wiles of the Salazzle.

Wow, that was a lucky guess… he thought, before the Pawniard quickly retaliated with an attempt at Swords Dance, although there was a punch-drunk look on his face as it did so. Wasting no more time, the Salazzle continued the attack, releasing a powerful burst of Flamethrower right at the incoming Pawniard who was attempting an Iron Head attack.

One blast wasn’t enough, and another Flamethrower blast met the incoming dual-type, a loud shriek emanating from the Pawniard—was the attack extremely effective? Who knew?! Another Flamethrower attack finally subdued the Pawniard, before a red beam of light saved it from even more torture…

surprise Pawniard capture attempt!

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
duscae [duo, wild]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 21:00:32 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","anotheronedark"]

tag
notes
capture attempt on vibrava

Orion glances toward Lars, his interest piqued. "There are trade forums? Huh."

He's not the most tech-savvy individual, proficient enough only to handle his phone and ensure he didn't miss any important alerts from the rangers. He had a laptop, but it wasn't used for much beyond news on the go and looking up the occasional guides on Pokemon care.

Maybe I'll check those out.

The Vibrava before him, however, now that's a Pokemon he wants for himself. Flygon are beautiful creatures, and powerful too; he'd assumed they were bug-type until recently.

He sends out Chei, the Weavile's icy wind nearly taking the poor thing down in a single attack. It creates quite the uproar in return, and Orion winces as he tosses a Pokeball. "Ack, my ears." He feels a little bad for going full-force against it, but dragons are a tough opponent.

"Still no sign of a Greninja," he notes, grimacing in Lars' direction. "I'm down to keep looking, though. Still got balls left."

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]color:#A490FF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]color:#A490FF; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,257 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
duscae [duo, wild]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2019 0:18:13 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD JANGMO-O APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / bulletproof[break]
protect / noble roar / dragon claw / headbutt
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD SEISMITOAD APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / swift swim[break]
drain punch / muddy water / round / hyper voice
[break][break]

[break]
Your previous captures were successful!
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
duscae [duo, wild]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2019 4:44:06 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

As the Pokéball dinged to signify a successful capture attempt, there was even more trouble on the way. Seeing that there was an incoming weird frog-looking… toad… thing, he decided to tackle this one and keep it away from them. And keep it away indeed because what in the holy hell, why was it headed right towards the Tsareena with a Drain Punch attack!

“Caelia, get out of the way! Teeter Dance!” he called out, hoping that the confusing steps of the dance move that his Grass-type knew was enough to throw the Seismitoad off-guard. Not a moment too soon, because the Drain Punch was moments away from connecting before the weird Pokémon staggered back, a punch-drunk look in its eyes.

Knowing that he had to move, and move fast, he continued, “Send it packing! Magical Leaf! Drive it back!” and watched as a storm of leaves from who-knew-where came flying in the direction of the Seismitoad, pelting and attacking it from all sides. Another round of Magical Leaf sent the dual-type packing, before the Tsareena sauntered over to where he was, all proud of herself.

“Really, Caelia? Really?” he added with a bemused grin on his face before turning to his companion.

“How’re you holding up over there?” he called out in inquiry, checking if he was okay.

pass on emperor Seismitoad

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
duscae [duo, wild]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2019 12:10:07 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","anotheronedark"]

tag
notes
pass

As Lars battles the Seismitoad in an attempt to fight it off, Orion's facing a much different dilemma.

There's a Jangmo-o standing in his path looking mighty irritated, but Orion can't quite figure out why. It's not attacking him nor his Pokemon, but the ire is clearly aimed in his direction seeing as it's staring him down. Yikes.

"I'm, uh... fine, I think?"

He sounds as uncertain as he feels, not taking his eyes off the Jangmo-o as they continue their silent staring contest. He's afraid to look away in case it takes advantage of such a weakness.

"I think I pissed this little guy off," he admits, "but I'm not sure how? The wind, maybe?"

It huffs at him before letting out a noble roar.

"Is that it?" he guesses. "You're mad about the cold?"

Apparently, that's exactly it. Sheepishly, Orion returns his Weavile to his Pokeball and sends out a Skuntank instead. After instructing Tiri to let off a flamethrower into the skies, chasing away some of the chill his ice-type had created, Orion shrugs at the dragon.

"Truce?"

It huffs again, then turns and leaves.

[newclass=".charactername"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]color:#A490FF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]color:#A490FF; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,257 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
duscae [duo, wild]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2019 2:53:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD VULLABY APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / big pecks[break]
knock off / dark pulse / tailwind / defog
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD DEINO APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / hustle[break]
dragon pulse / crunch / nasty plot / scary face
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
duscae [duo, wild]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2020 21:22:08 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The moment the weird toad was sent packing, another Pokémon decided to make its appearance—and this time… well, to be honest, it was the opposite of what he was looking for. Close, but not quite.

He knew his Gym Leader friend would not shut up about owning a Braviary, so he wanted to get one for himself to see what the fuss was about. Instead he encountered the female version—well, the opposite version, to be exact.

“Oh, not you again,” he said with a sigh, whistling as he called the Tsareena back to his side. The Salazzle perked up at the sight of the Vullaby, but Lars shook his head.

“No, I don’t think you can take that one on. You’re both ladies. Nothing would happen except for a hissing match, he remarked in the Salazzle’s direction. “Leave it alone, we’re fine here,” he added a few moments later before he turned back to face his companion.

“Did you find what you’re looking for yet?” he inquired, tone hopeful. His own search had turned up weird things, but sadly most of them were going to be traded away—he was here for a very specific Pokémon but what was it going to take for that one to appear?

What luck did he need?!

pass on Vullaby

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
duscae [duo, wild]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2020 11:07:46 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

tag
notes
friend capture on chubby vulture!

"Hey, what's wrong with Vullaby?"

In spite of the challenge, Orion's tone is light. Aside from the fact that he's not about to be rude to his boss of all people, it's said mostly in jest.

The fat little bird was downright adorable compared to the predatory terror it turned into, but Orion liked both of its forms well enough. Like most dark-types, they were looked down upon and misunderstood. Sure, they preyed upon the weak in the wild, but it was simply their nature, their will to survive.

This one, however, seems rather hopeless.

"I'm guessing it doesn't have a big bird to look after it. There's usually a Mandibuzz nearby when you find these things, but..." Orion shields his eyes from the sun as he glances skyward. "I don't see one."

She would evolve to become a predator, but for now she's just prey.

He picks her up, and she squirms a little in his grasp before acquiescing to her fate. Had he been a wild Pokemon, he thinks she would've been toast. If they don't run into Mama Mandibuzz, he'll take her home and teach her how to defend herself.

To Lars, he says, "Eh, I'm not looking for anything in particular! Mostly came out for the walk, if I'm honest."

[newclass=".orion"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".orion b"]color:#9e76b1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".orion i"]color:#9e76b1; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".orion a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga