Blackthorn City
Heterosexual
Priestess
Cadet
Lucas Lane
You rock my world
150 height
150 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
396 posts
Noelle Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noelle
Noelle Lane
my sanctuary [c]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2019 6:59:26 GMT
Noelle Lane Avatar
She awoke with a jolt.

The bed creaked as she gasped for air, a hand clutched onto her chest as she sat up with another force to knock the air from her lungs. This was...her room.

There wasn't any blood-splattered on the ground nor bodies littered about. The gigantic form of Hoopa was no where in sight. For a moment, she tensed; this could've been a trick. She still could've been locked away in that hellish nightmare, but...her nightgown dress was clean and stainless, free of any debris or blood. Trembling hands rose, touching her face, cupping her cheeks.

Sure enough, they were wet - tears were still flowing from her eyes. She was still scared. She could hardly stop trembling, and her hands refused to stop shaking. She felt the urge to curl into herself, to try and calm her breathing and play off everything that happened as some horrible, horrible dream.

But, something still weighed heavily on her mind, and her heart. And it filled her with an intense fear.

What about those that had died?

She sprung from her bed, yanking open her door with enough force to nearly unhinge it. Bursting through, she quickly rounded the corners and through the long, dark hallways. Her body felt heavy; she was exhausted, but, her nerves wouldn't rest until she could confirm that 'he' was okay.

"Chance?"
Her voice, though barely more than a whisper, was frantic, slightly panicked. She rapped at his door in a quick and repeating knock, "Chance, please," hardly did the woman ever sound so fear and tear filled.

@mrtm87

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
my sanctuary [c]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2019 1:33:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"That was trash," Chancelor speaks with a groggy sigh, standing over a toilet—a steady stream of 'relief' like a waterfall drizzling down to the bowl full of water. Once finished, he shakes twice, holsters himself, and flushes the toilet. "What a fuckin' joke that was," He continues, hissing underneath his voice, casually strolling over to the sink to wash his 'sullied' palms. "That corny ass nightmare. Whatever the fuck that was better hope it don't drag me into that nonsense next time. Cause otherwise I'm knocking all that shit over..." The McQueen looks into the mirror over the sink, eyes of hazel focusing intently on his boyish visage—his usually stylized hair straight and draping down to the top of the shoulder blade. He thought about his final moments, recalling his body reacting on its own—reacting to take a killing blow for someone he held near-and-dear in his heart. Yes, he knew it was a dream from the very beginning, so he could have technically allowed Noelle to accept her given fate. Though, even knowing this—believing it in his heart-of-hearts, he still couldn't bring himself to allow any kind of harm to befall the girl. He chuckles, turning off the faucet, shakes his paws over the sink, and drys them off with a towel upon the counter. "Even in someone else's dreams I'd never let anything happen to them." Chancelor sucks his lip in mild annoyance, "I'm softer than three-ply tissue."

Suddenly, he hears knocks upon his bedchambers door—these knocks weak; riddled with uncertainty and worry. He listens for a little while longer only to recognize the voice behind the door. Hazel eyes open wide as he departs from the bathroom, walking past his bed which had another body in it, and his Pikachu completely passed out in a beanbag chair with a gaming controller and headset upon his yellow chubby person. Leaping over a few chords, he makes it to the door and opens it in the middle of one of Noelle's knocks—he slides out the room and closes the door behind him to speak to the Dragon Priestess. "Yo, what's the mat-... Hey, are you cryin', El? None of that now." He reaches forward slowly in an attempt to caress his dear friends cheek, an attempt to comfort her and reassure her none of what happened was real and he was safe, sound, and accounted for. "I'm here. Still breathin', still handsome, y'know? Shh. It'll be alright."

✝ tag(s) - .
✝ notes - oh wow .

close tab

played by

Silvy

Dragon Princess
she/her
Blackthorn City
Heterosexual
Priestess
Cadet
Lucas Lane
You rock my world
150 height
150 height
awards
396 posts
Noelle Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noelle
Noelle Lane
my sanctuary [c]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2019 2:18:02 GMT
Noelle Lane Avatar
For a moment, she feared that there wouldn't be an answer. breath slightly hitched in her throat, she bit her lip, trying not to let her apparent terrors get the best of her. finally though, the door opened, and before it stood the young mcqueen. he was fine. his body wasn't shredded into bloody chunks nor split in two. he was alive and breathing, he was right here in front of her.

the hand that rested on her cheek was warm, another reminder that they were fine. everything was okay. and yet, even with chancelor's soothing words, it did little to stop her from trembling a bit more, a soft sniffle coming from her as she stared up at him. abruptly, tears began to flow in a full on sob as she launched herself forward to latch onto chance in a tight hug.

head nestling itself into his chest as though to hide her crying face, she couldn't help but softly choke out, "i was...i was so scared. what if...what if i had woke up, and you weren't there? you...dummy don't...don't ever do that again!" she sobbed. she felt slightly embarrassed of her almost childish protests, but, even in the dream world, losing chancelor of all people was...hard. too hard to bear. the fact that he had sacrificed himself to save her of all things too made it even worse.

hesitantly, she looked up at him with another soft sniffle, "you're not hurt? you promise? you swear you're not hurt?"
@mrtm87
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
my sanctuary [c]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2019 3:05:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar

He was speechless—a victim to Noelle's words, embrace, warmth, and overwhelming emotions. Chancelor had unmatched pride, there was no mountain he couldn't climb, no beast he couldn't conquer, no shooting star he couldn't catch. But the one thing that always escaped him would be his own emotions—he just never truly learned to express himself outside of combat or any other strenuous activity. So, with Noelle spilling out her raw, unbridled emotions, he wanted to comfort the girl; he truly honestly did. He felt for her, felt her fear, anxiety, and despair—foreign emotions to the young McQueen, but his empathy allowed him to act despite being a victim to things he simply couldn't comprehend or grasp.

"There ain't nothin' in this world I wouldn't do for ya', El." He speaks, allowing the female to let it all out in his chest—allowing his dear friend to sully his beater with tears he truly didn't want to hear nor see. "I did what I did because a life without any of you dorks simply ain't worth livin' at this point. What I did for you, I'd do for Ricky, Bry, Ricky's Girlfriend, Morgan, hell, I'd even take a bullet for Adam's cool ass. I'd do it because I've done everything I wanted to in my life, I live for y'all, you all still got so much to accomplish and you gotta' see it through to the end." Chancelor hold's her tighter, chuckling at the conviction of his own words—realizing he himself cared more about this clan of dragons than he preciously thought. "The only thing hurtin' me right now is you cryin', El. I ain't gonna' tell ya' to stop, because we all need a little cleansing. But it's hella' unfitting for cute girls to cry, but I won't tell know one, y'know? So let it all out."

✝ tag(s) - .
✝ notes - oh wow .

close tab

played by

Silvy

Dragon Princess
she/her
Blackthorn City
Heterosexual
Priestess
Cadet
Lucas Lane
You rock my world
150 height
150 height
awards
396 posts
Noelle Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noelle
Noelle Lane
my sanctuary [c]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2019 4:36:43 GMT
Noelle Lane Avatar
Clutching onto his chest and lightly balling his shirt in her hands, she allowed herself to sob. to release all the welling anxieties and fears that horrible, horrible nightmare had brought, followed by the hard realization that it had been nothing more than that; a dream. their suffering and the horrors they'd endured had been all for naught. the fact that chancelor allowed for her to cry on him only made her sob even harder. it was pathetic - and kinda gross, but, she was...grateful. grateful that he was here, and with her.

trying to quiet herself, she instead focused on him, and what he was saying and...it was almost hard to believe that this was the same snot-nosed, 'always ready to fight' kid she knew back in the past. he'd really grown up, hadn't he? and here she was, crying into his shirt like a little kid...

"chance...thank you," she spoke in an incredibly soft and quiet voice after several moments of silence and musing over what he'd said. "you're...really sweet, y'know?" she let a slightly tired, small smile come to her lips as she looked up at him, eyes slightly red and cheeks tear-stained. but, she looked, and felt, better.

"hey, i...don't really feel like going back to bed."
she was still slightly terrified of closing her eyes, "do you mind if i hang out in your room for a bit? a bit of chance and el time?"
@mrtm87
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
my sanctuary [c]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2019 2:37:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"Me? Sweet?" He chuckles, using a thumb to wipe away any straggling tears left cascading down rose-tinted cheeks. "You better watch out, I'll give ya' diabetes." The chuckling continued—whimsical laughter to show the Dragon Princess she had nothing to fear anymore. Well, that was until she asked to hang out in his room due to her inability to sleep after the nights 'nightmarish' events. His eyes drift off to the closed door behind him, realizing he was in quite the situation. "Shiiiid. Of course!" He booms with charisma and a big ole' grin, not allowing what little inner-worry he currently had surface and show. "I got this new video game I think you'll enjoy. I'll teach ya' how to play so Pikachu can have a new gaming buddy." He says turning away from Noelle to open the door, in those seconds where he wasn't looking at the Clanswomen, he frowned—he frowned hard as fuck... Chancelor finally got Noelle to come up to his room, and it was on her own accord which made this little victory all the more sweeter. Though, it would be the night he had 'company'. A wise man would have avoid this situation altogether, y'know—like instead of going to the room, he'd suggest a walk through the garden underneath the romantic glow of the moon; or some super-cheesy shit like that. But no, Chancelor McQueen always had to make things difficult, and today would be the day it all came back to bite him in the ass.

"Make yourself at home, El." He says, instantly taking off his now-snort and tear covered beater and throwing it into a hamper located in the bathroom. He continues to play it cool, hazel eyes noticing his bed was empty and window completely open—the disrobing of the shirt was to see if his little 'friend' happened to be in the bathroom, but she wasn't. He smiles, quickly realizing she must have left through the window like he told her too if there was ever any kind of knock on his door in the late hours of the night. "Yo, Chubby Chubbykins! Wake up, your girlfriend wanna' say wassup." Chancelor calls out to his snoring Pikachu in the beanbag chair tangled up in chords like an Arobk's death-coil. Suddenly, the long-eared rodent awakens with a jolt. He looks left, then right, then locks eyes with Noelle. Drowsy and dazed, it takes the little fella' a couple of seconds to realize who he was looking at, but once he does, he gets extremely excited. So excited, in fact: he rolls out the beanbag chair only to find himself further ensnared by the chords. "Look at you." The McQueen says with a shaking head, strolling over to the window to close it shut.

✝ tag(s) - .
✝ notes - oh wow .

close tab

played by

Silvy

Dragon Princess
she/her
Blackthorn City
Heterosexual
Priestess
Cadet
Lucas Lane
You rock my world
150 height
150 height
awards
396 posts
Noelle Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noelle
Noelle Lane
my sanctuary [c]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2019 8:58:25 GMT
Noelle Lane Avatar
beaming as he agreed and offering him yet another grateful smile, she followed him into his room as the door opened up. the sight of pikachu was more than another to make her smile grow wider, the fondness she held for the chubby electric rodent incredibly obvious, as a small laugh let her lips. "be careful," she teasing chided the pokemon, bending to help untangle him from the bundle of cords. picking him up once she did, she settled onto the beanbag chair, placing pikachu onto her lap if just to cuddle up to him a bit more.

"i'm happy to see you, y'know? i mean, i always am, but,"
she trailed off in an almost embarrassed little laugh as spoke to pikachu in a tone of cooing warmth. even with chancelor's glowing confidence and comforting words, images of bodies torn in two still plagued her mind. it'd...take a moment for her to so easily forget the sight of entrails spilling from trainers gaping wounds or skulls being cracked open in the palms of barbaric zombies.

leaning back in the comfortable chair, for a moment, her verdant green gaze flickered up the boy. she said absolutely nothing, and, she didn't really have to. her silent stare said it all, as there was a look of pure, unadulterated sincerity and gratefulness. perhaps even that of warm affection — thank you.

"alright, so,"
she spoke to them both with a little hum, "teach me how to play this game you were telling me about. the quicker i learn, the quicker i can beat you both at it!" 
@mrtm87
 uwu ty for the thread <3