evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
Get the Goods and Get Out
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2020 8:56:48 GMT
evan fader Avatar
[attr="class","evantalk"]

"I figured." Evan chuckles, he's well aware he's an oddity in his preference for just about anywhere but a bed. It was bad enough to man sometimes fell asleep in a chair long before he managed to make it to his bed. It was intentional it was just that the softness of a bed full of blankets was foreign to him for the most part.

Evan doesn't blame her for the switch in tones, realizing he may not have specified that he kind of owned the stray. It did sound like an odd thing nowadays, even if it was what the place was named for even. It had a long and strong history in that regard.

"The Stray is a Tavern almost as old as Rustboro." He starts, nodding at an oncoming pokemon and nudging his vaporeon with his toe to encourage him to do something about it. "The one I own, actually. It may sound a bit odd nowadays but the place has had a reputation of taking in strays, travelers, anyone wondering from one place to another or with nowhere else to go. Traditionally room and board have always been covered by helping around for the night and if you're a bit too young, helping clean the place up or something else that needs doing in the mornings before it opens."

While they talk his Vaporeon, very reluctantly, stands again and approaches the sentient lamp that has caught his humans attention. Evan watches out of the corner of his eyes while he speaks with annie, hoping to explain what he was talking about a little better. The pokemon starts toying with the wild one out of annoyance, the two exchanging spats of fire ad water across the path.

"We open early enough for the dinner crowd and stay open long enough for the bar to be full after dinner. The upper floor is full of rooms that are usually empty since most people don't seem to realize the vacancy sign in the front is real." the man sighs, because it's something he's yet to find a way to convince people otherwise about. Some have actually had to be shown the rooms to believe him.

By now the vaporeon has worn the lampent out and sits next to his quarry with pride. Evan rewards him by tossing a pokeball.

[newclass=.evantalk b]color: #7d6484;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,253 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2020 0:35:55 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD VENIPEDE APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / poison point[break]
protect / rock climb / bug bite / pursuit
[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD FLETCHINDER APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / gale wings[break]
flame charge / steel wing / razor wind / acrobatics / tailwind
[break][break]

[break]
Evan caught the Lampent successfully!

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2020 21:15:43 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","anniepost"]
Tagging:
A stray. She wasn’t sure that she liked the sound of that, and her further narrowed gaze told as much. A stray was something that moved without aim, or perhaps something unwanted by others. The latter she couldn’t deny – she hadn’t lived in an orphanage for nothing – but she had a meaning. A purpose.
She just hadn’t found it yet.

Still, if he hadn’t seen the problem of his vacancy sign in himself, he’d find it on the girl’s face. An offer of a free room, in exchange for some light work and nothing more? Deals like those were the kind the streets had taught her to steer clear of, for they were rarely as simple as that. At best, there were string attached. At worst, it was the last anybody heard of you, if you had anybody to ask questions in the first place. Even with his explanation, the scepticism held on her face… But slowly, surely, it began to soften. He seemed genuine. Or very good at his sales pitch. Hopefully more of the former than the latter. And really, what other options did she have? A sleepover in the cave was a bust. Fortuna had barely been out two minutes and she was already panting from the heat, and Bolt-

She looked down. Bolt was gone, or rather, slowly returning to them. To the Chansey’s horror, he was dragging a bird larger than himself back to the group. Even Annie seemed conflicted about her little beast’s catch – and not just because of Evan’s speech. The nurse seemed eager to tend to the wild’s injuries, but- “Fortuna, Bolt, stay put for now unless I say so. Please.” There was an edge of sternness rarely heard in the girl’s voice, and it was enough to make the Shinx plant his bottom back beside her. The look of guilt in his eyes was enough to distract her from Evan’s difficult choice; her heart softened, and she quickly regretted showing him anything but love.

“I didn’t mean it like that. Just…” She sighed. Frustration hadn’t been on the agenda for the day, and yet, there she was. Trusting the demon-eyed, piercing-laden stranger to help her battle was one thing, but to take her to his home was…
Annie took a deep breath in. “I’ll… try it. But if I don’t like what I see, I’m out right away.” She almost seemed to be begrudgingly accepting the offer, even if it was the best anybody had given her in… Well, years. “And I’ll be keeping an eye on you the whole time, so you better not try anything funny.” She seemed hesitant to trust him, or just anybody that offered her a hand outside of battles. Perhaps he could sympathise.

She crouched down to the Fletchinder, but instead of retrieving a potion, it was introduced to her Pokeball. It was the only reason she’d allowed it to stay injured for that long.
[attr="class","wizzcred"]
wizz

[newclass=".anniepost"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost i"]font-style:italic;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
Hold on don't look back, you know we're better, better than that
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2020 2:19:10 GMT
evan fader Avatar

He can't exactly say he blames her, had he been any other individual than himself he probably would have reacted the same way the first time he heard about the Stray. Even as a youngster evan had never quite mastered the art of thinking before he did something. It was a habit that had led him down a rather hard path to get to where he was now.

Evan is busy contemplating how he might sooth her worries a bit, only getting distracted by the presence of her own pokemon bringing in a bird of its own. The man barely registers his own pokemon hissing away a bug pokemon that has fallen from the trees and seems to take an interest in their group. The vaporeon is more than done with the trouble their group has been having on this excursion.

"I know it sounds more like trouble than not." especially after the rocket invasion, people didn't side eye that kind of thing as much before but it had changed the very core of most people. The quiet peace such a thing wouldn't seem odd in was gone, broken down and splintered.

"You by no means have to stay, to be honest it's barely taken anyone in for years because most don't even realize it's a part of the place's story. I just believe in the old spirit of the place enough to keep it alive if I can." he holds up a hand as if to say there was no special ace up his sleeve, no trick to be had, just an old story that still existed somewhere in the world as it currently was.

Even if only for a night, to let some one take shelter in it's old walls means it hasn't completely lost its spirit, not yet. His smile is somber at the thought because as much as he'd like for that to not be the case it likely will be- one day. And he knows it. "I appreciate your willingness to give it a chance. "

And he means it, because he's not to much of a Stray anymore, he doesn't count now.

>>passing

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2020 14:47:08 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","anniepost"]
Tagging:
It was a risk, and him showing that he understood that helped. Pretending that there was nothing suspicious about his offer would have been the biggest red flag he could offer. Instead, his words managed to ease the doubt in her eyes, and with it, the frustration went too. Soon enough, she’d been talked down to a cautious, but curious child once again. A child that really didn’t want to be in the cave any longer, she realised, as yet another wave of humid air embraced her.

“Let’s get going, then. You said that you were heading back, right?” Or at least implied it. Her Pokemon perked their heads up at the idea of leaving. They’d handled the heat far better than her, but that didn’t mean they were in a rush to stay. “We can go there. Check the place out. I can help, if there’s anything left to help with.” And more importantly, she’d be able to see right away if him and his tavern were truly worth her trust. Thanks and gratitude would come later.
[attr="class","wizzcred"]
wizz

[newclass=".anniepost"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost i"]font-style:italic;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
Hold on don't look back, you know we're better, better than that
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2020 3:42:13 GMT
evan fader Avatar

"I should be at this rate, otherwise they'll start blowing up my phone soon." and by they he meant the employee that tended to take charge while he was away. As much as he appreciated the other's work they were also a little scary when it came to reigning Evan in and making sure he didn't stray so far from the place that they couldn't get help when they needed it.

He checks his phone out of an odd sense of self induced paranoia, now worried he's missed a message. "And I think we've all probably had enough of this heat, don't you think?" he says with a grin, feet already moving before much else can be said. He's careful to be sure she can keep up with him though he has a feeling she's got enough energy to do so regardless.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,253 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2020 0:45:59 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
ANNIE CAUGHT THE FLETCHINDER!

[attr="class","aname2"]
CONGRATULATIONS!

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / gale wings[break]
flame charge / steel wing / razor wind / acrobatics / tailwind
[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","reward"]congratulations!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 15 pokedollars & 2x lucky letters!