part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
the one who says the good
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2019 1:42:45 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

an open red leather cropped jacket was worn over a black floral print bustier top; said top was seen tucked into her bottom wear. following up, her bottom half consisted of high-waisted black washed jeans. in addition, for footwear, she sported a pair of black leather heeled ankle boots. her hair was not within her signature styled ponytail, just for today she chose to wear it differently; her hair was styled to be all one side over the frontal part of her right shoulder. upon the waist of her jeans one could seen that she donned a belt where six ball capsules remained untouched.

she'd been waiting for the arrival of her partner. assigned by her brother to take this mission with , it'd been sometime since she saw the infamous league member. she heard that he was currently a gym leader, something she wouldn't have expected the rumored edgy agent to ever be.

she casually paced about the wooden porch as night fell. she wondered if anything could've happened. of course, being that it was benoit, she doubt anything could ever stop him from doing a mission. "maybe i should call..." the idol thought aloud, worriedly.

notes: sucky starter, hehe. but hi, we're here.

[attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #a695ca; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2019 2:00:22 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

When Thomas had heard that a ranch in Lavaridge was having concerns with newly imported Wooloo, he had to take the chance. What intrigued him the most was the fact that Hoennian farmers were importing Wooloo into the Region. Given the density of their fleece, and how much colder Galar generally was, compared to Hoenn, that Wooloo wouldn't take to the more tropical climate of the Region too well. But then, considering how much time and thought went into lifting the embargo on Galarian Pokemon, that the farmers in question were hopefully prepared to accommodate the sheep.

Perhaps more interestingly was the fact that he was working with . He remembered having helped her find her way though Saffron's streets years ago. On the way to an interview, she ended up getting lost in the city, where she ran into him. Thomas would help her link back up with her entourage. But more pressingly, given his former occupation, he was among those in the know that she had defected to Team Rocket. After the fall of Silas, she joined back up with the League, seemingly with little ramifications for her alleged betrayal.

Was her defection a ruse to infiltrate Team Rocket? Did Fernando pull some strings to give her leniency? Whatever the case was, he was curious as to what was going on. But then, it would be inappropriate for the cyclops to ask off the bat.

Wearing a simple button-up shirt, a pair of blue jeans, and boots, Thomas would finally arrive on the back of his Hydreigon. Upon hovering closer to the ground, Thomas hopped off the dragon, and recalled him back to his Pokeball. "Sorry I'm late, got caught up in some business.", Thomas would tell Songbird. Of course, while she might recognize his face, she'd probably notice the eye patch covering his right eye. Other than that, Thomas would've gained significant height since their last encounter.

tags:
notes: Thomas is not-so fashionably late

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
to be a flower you need rainy days.
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2019 2:45:34 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

"you're..." she'd pause, examining the newcomer, "thomas...you look...different." she was shocked to see how much he changed. she wasn't sure how to respond. in all honesty she wondered how did he end up with such a permanent injury. to have lost half of his eye, it must have been a tragic incident.

"it's good to see you again!" she spoke softly, a smile donned. "i hope this assignment didn't pull you away from something important." she was certain that someone of his status was busy, especially being a gym leader and all.

the conversation was small and light on her end. evelyn was still in shock with how much thomas had changed. brushing a strand of hair behind her ear, she'd look off to the side. cheeks turning a rosy color due to embarrassment. she hoped she wasn't staring too much. "u-uhm, also, please don't feel the need to overwork yourself." she wasn't sure if that eye-patch was recent or old. regardless, she planned on doubling her weight upon this assignment just in case.

notes: sucky starter, hehe. but hi, we're here.

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #a695ca; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2019 19:09:23 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas was quick to take notice to the shock on the idol. It was true, that Thomas had changed in the several years since they last ran into one another. Of course, such a reaction normally came of the fact that he was now wearing an eye patch. Though he understood why people didn't directly ask him about the eye patch, he really didn't care.

"It's good to see you too.", Thomas would tell the idol up front. "Nah, if anything, this actually crosses over into my sort of business.", he'd tell her. As she told him not to overwork himself, he frowned. "Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. Besides, I've adapted to a single eye pretty well.", he'd tell her. "And by the way, if you want to ask, then go ahead. I really don't care if people ask, to be honest.", he'd tell her up front, his tone being rather neutral.

Thomas would send out Brutus and Ripper. "Be on the lookout for any thieves or predators.", he'd tell the duo, who nodded to him, before beginning their patrols.

"How has the life been treating you?", he'd inquire.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2019 1:11:14 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

the offer to ask was given. headshaking, she'd respond, "i'm sure it's to be an exciting story. you'll need to tell me over some sweets and coffee sometime, mr. benoit." an index finger was brought to her lip, a wink added, "think of it as a late 'thank you' treat. i'll make sure to put it on fernando's tab, you just make sure to come with an empty stomach!" a lighthearted chuckle was made so as to make conversing easier. she was unease at first, but that quickly went away.

"i've been well. being back home feels different." she'd look off to the side, watching as his pokemon left. "a lot feels different from before..." a solemn look manifested shortly, "you're not the only one whose changed, mr. benoit." formerly addressing due to being a junior compared to his status as an operative. she hadn't noticed the sudden shift in the way she addressed him from thomas to his surname. perhaps it was because they were on a mission she needed to treat the gym leader with proper respect.

"let's just say a lot has happened, too much to keep track of really." once more, this time lightly, she'd chuckle. "what about yourself, are you faring well as a gym leader?"

notes: hi gamer

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2019 4:05:11 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Sounds like a plan. Just name a time and place, and I'll be well prepared.", Thomas told her with a light smile and a friendly chuckle. Indeed, over the years, the 'edgy agent' of Interpol had lightened up considerably, especially compared to his adolescence.

As she mentioned finally being back home, and mentioning how much had changed, he would pick up on her solemn expression. "I suppose it's to be expected. I will be honest with you, I had been briefed on what happened in Kanto, especially once they reassigned me to Rocket's case. I do have many questions for you, but I'll save them for another time.", he would tell her, a frown on his face. "And no need to be so formal with me. You can just call me Thomas.", he would tell her, attempting to lighten the mood a little.

"About as well as can be. Gym's been running just fine, even got in three of the Elite Four to challenge my Gym.", he'd tell her with a grin. "I'll try to see if would be willing to challenge my Gym in the near future.", he would follow up.

Meanwhile, Brutus would feel his sprig stalk begin to twitch. Turning his head, he would see a pack of Mightyena peeking over a hill. Meanwhile, Ripper would spot a group of Lycanroc coming over from another direction. The two would quietly communicate their findings to one another. After a short back and fourth, Brutus would rush over to where the two humans were, in order to alert them. Meanwhile, Ripper would go over to where the Wooloo were gathered, getting ready to hold the line against the predators, at least until backup came. A bloodthirsty grin plastered his face as he waited, eagerly awaiting the horde of canines coming their way.

tags:
notes: Trouble!

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2019 22:33:31 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

"i'll do my best to answer them." a soft response given. she listened as he spoke of his time as a gym leader. "the elite four?" she spoke in awe. she wasn't aware as to whom the elite four were as of yet. once she found out that kyle was apart of the four she'd have some unpleasant words for him down the line.

for now, she'd come to look toward thomas's pokemon. returning to alert them that a group of unwelcomed pokemon emerged. "they must be here, alright!" she'd release the following: lopunny, tsareena, and swampert. when it came to physical combat, lycanroc's would prove no matter against this heavy hitting trio.

"thomas, we'll take care of the lycanroc! you make sure to keep the wooloo safe from those pesky mightyena!" turning toward her pokemon, she'd order the trio, "lopunny take the lead, you two back her up!" she was hoping that this would end on a peaceful note, but that wasn't the case. lopunny and her group took off to meet the group of lycanroc readying to charge. before evelyn left with them, she'd look to thomas, "will you be alright on your own for a bit?" she inquired.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2019 22:52:37 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Yeah, though it was right before they earned their titles.", he'd tell her. "Still, the fact that three of my challengers got that far, even if I was their last stepping stone, does make me proud of them.", he'd tell her, a genuine smile on his face.

Thomas would watch as the Pangoro came to greet him, alerting him to the threat on the horizon. Songbird would take initiative, sending out a trio of her own Pokemon. "Good choices.", Thomas remarked. "You got it.", he'd tell Songbird. By the time Songbird was issuing commands to her Pokemon, Brutus had already charged for Ripper's position, attempting to join his old friend as quickly as he could.

Thomas, in turn, opened the Pokeball containing his Hydreigon, Kalameet. As he climbed onto the three-headed beast, he heard Songbird's question. "Of course.", he would reply, a smile on his face, before nodding to her, and flying off to join his Pokemon.

On the way over, Thomas would pluck one of his Pokeballs off of his belt. "Colt, I'm gonna get you in position to snipe. Snipe the Mightyena with Aura Sphere, and if any of your teammates signal, you know what to do.", he communicated to the capsule, before tossing it towards the distance. Upon landing, the capsule ejected the Clawitzer, who turned to take aim at the Mightyena that were encircling the Scizor, and the Wooloo he was protecting.

Nearby, Brutus the Pangoro charged towards the circle, with intent to distrupt it. Meanwhile, Thomas was flying towards the commotion on his Hydreigon, ready to join his brothers in defending the Wooloo.

tags:
notes: Getting into position

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 5:14:02 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

her cheeks turned a rosy color upon receiving thomas's smile. looking down briefly, she'd whisper, "s-so cool..." once he was off she'd shake her head. "get ahold of yourself, girl. how unbecoming of you..." she'd place a hand upon the side of her cheek. evelyn was too embarrassed right now to do any work. with a light slap she'd get herself together!

and so they were off to help fend against the lycanroc. "swampert, start us off with muddy water!" a wave would come crashing into the pokemon who charged head first. once an opportunity was given, she'd follow up with her next order, "tsareena, lopunny, don't let any of them get by us! show them a world of hurt ladies!" with their physical aptitude and type effectiveness, the lycanroc's stood no chance against the trio.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 19:00:27 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As the pack of Mightyena encircled the Wooloo, who bleated out in fear at the presence of the beasts, Ripper stood between them, a bloodthirsty look on his face. For a moment, the pack of Mightyena would continue to circle the group, waiting for the pack of Lycanroc to back them up. But as they failed to reach them, due to the intervention of the second human, one Mightyena got impatient, lunging towards one of the Wooloo, attempting to do so behind the large Scizor's back. But before Ripper could even react to the Mightyena, and respond, an Aura Sphere smacked into the hound mid-air, causing it to fly back, and lose consciousness before it would land.

A pair of Mightyena would attempt to attack the Scizor, attempting to Crunch into the armored insect, hold it at bay while its brothers and sisters handled the Wooloo. Ripper managed to grab the nearest one, coming from his left, with his pincers, gripping its throat in a makeshift, but dangerous Bug Bite. As the second one came, Ripper delivered a swift Bullet Punch to the creature's body with his free pincer, smacking it out of the air, before callously tossing the first Mightyena to the side as it finally lost consciousness to the Bug Bite. The Mightyena would barely land on its paws. It would attempt to lunge at the Scizor again, only to be greeted with a Brick Breaking strike to the head, smacking it down, and knocking it out.

As three Mightyena attempted to attack the Wooloo, while the Scizor was occupied, another Aura Sphere rang out, striking one of the three down, leaving only two more to attack. The two Mightyena would attempt to lunge at the Wooloo, only for the round sheep to roll out of the path of the attacks, leaving them biting into thin air, and landing on the dirt. Before they could turn to recover, a Pangoro charged them, closing the gap with a Bullet Punch, before transitioning into a Drain Punch, sapping the life out of one of the Mightyena. The last of the trio would attempt to lunge at the Pangoro, only for Brutus to greet it with a Drain Punch, knocking it out, just like the rest of their friends.

A pair of Dragon Pulses would ring out from the distance, as Kalameet and Thomas flew in to support their teammates. The Dragon Pulses would strike two of the Mightyena, causing them hit the ground, rolling around like ragdolls, before getting up. But before they could even think of attacking the levitating dragon, Ripper would finish them off with a Bullet Punch each, causing them to crumple back down to the ground, in unconscious heaps.

What little remained of the pack, upon seeing the just how badly outmatched they were, and the fact that their allies were fairing just as poorly, immediately fled the area, leaving the Wooloo in peace, and their fallen to the farm. Thomas would chase them down on Kalameet, while Colt would fire off warning shots at the pack, to keep them running. Eventually, the group would disappear into the surrounding forests, safe from the sniper fire coming from the Clawitzer.

tags:
notes: GAMERS RISE UP

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2019 6:34:05 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

they were gone.

"and that's that." returning to thomas's side, she'd say, "thank you for the help! i'm sure the wooloo's can sleep safe and sound knowing they're alright." it'd been forever since she'd done something like this. "it feels nice being able to help pokemon again." she softly stated, a heartwarming smile worn.

a hand placed over her chest, she'd continue, "are you planning to head back to the gym anytime soon?" she asked with curiosity. "i don't think they're absolutely gone just yet. if you could, it'd be nice if you stayed for just a little bit longer." she had doubts their job was done, but both of them didn't need to exactly stay. the company was simply welcomed.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2019 14:20:46 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

With the threat driven off for the moment, Thomas and Kalameet would turn regroup with the others. After getting close, Kalameet would stop, to let Thomas hop off his back, before he'd continue on his way. The dark dragon would take to the skies, before circling the area, to look out for any potential threats that would come after the Wooloo. Colt would take to playing lookout, while Brutus and Ripper began to drag off the unconscious Mightyena, bringing them to be caged for the time being.

"Thank you.", Thomas would tell the idol. As she remarked that it felt good to do this again, he would give her another smile.

"I'll be seeing this through. Just because we drove them off, doesn't mean they won't regroup, and try again, or that another threat won't come in, and try to go after the Wooloo.", he would tell her. "I'm in this for the long haul, don't you worry.", he told her. Indeed, his Pokemon mirrored that statement, as their patrols and lookouts had not eased up since driving off the horde of predators.

tags:
notes: RRU

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2019 4:45:32 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

"for the long-haul, huh? i can't wait to see you in action then, haha." a chuckle was given. she'd look toward where the pokemon ran off. "i hope they won't ever try this again. i don't exactly enjoy fighting pokemon that way." lids were narrowed as she fell into a deep thought, "i want to resolve issues like this without hurting the wild." then again, pokemon were no different from humans. their actions, though unjust, were just a form of giving in to their instincts. "maybe someday i'll find a way, but for now i'll just have to settle on trying my best not to hurt them too much!"

notes: go to sleep gamers

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2019 9:43:01 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As Songbird spoke, Thomas gave a solemn frown. "I can empathize with you. I hate having to resolve issues like this with violence. But sadly, at times like this, the Wild Pokemon in question tend to force our hand. All we can do is try our best to make sure they don't get hurt too badly in the process.", he would tell her, clearly with a heavy heart.

The day would pass without any further incident. A group of Rangers would be called in, to take the caged Pokemon out to the wilderness, to be released further away from the farm. With their shift coming to an end, payment would come up, not only in the form of money, but being given a Pokemon from the farm.

tags:
notes: Taking a Wooloo