Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
skippy [dw/o]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2019 3:54:55 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Adrian watched Monty cast his line, the baited hook reaching the center of the water before dunking through the water's surface, causing a slight ripple effect. Silence fell between them as they both patiently watched the only line between them, before Adrian decided to rest his eyelids.

"Let me know if you get a bite." Relaxing against the soft bank of grass, he delighted in the warmth of the sun against his face, and the tickle of the blades of grass when they dragged against him in the breeze. Nothing could stop him from enjoying himself, not if he could find contentment in the simple things, as he was this very moment.

One of his eyes snapped open and looked to Monty after he heard what he was their reel being dragged, but he held his breath, not wanting to get ahead of himself. Best to wait for Monty to set the hook in proper before getting excited.

@monty
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
skippy [dw/o]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2019 3:20:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Monty was shocked by the sudden tug in his line not had been dormant for a decent amount of time, so the movement was enough to startle him. Once that surprise settled it was twisted into excitement. Adrenaline caused a giant grin and Monty stood up to brace himself for the small battle.

He pulled the line, let the fish fight, then frowned. Feebas weren’t the type of fish to fight like this. But he needed to get this thing out of the water so he could recast.

“I’ll pull it out. You focus on getting it weak afterwards so I can unhook it, or one of us can catch it.”

Knowing Adrian was competent enough to follow suggested orders, Monty focused on getting the fish out of the water. The fight wasn’t too long, and the magikarp came flopping onto the shore.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
skippy [dw/o]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2019 3:50:00 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"A-already?"

He'd sat bolt upright, casting a curious gaze towards the vigorous splashing. Had Monty caught the big one? He couldn't help but grin fiercely, rising to his feet and briskly walking up to the shoreline where he awaited Monty's catch.

As they twisted the reel and jerked at the line, it became clearer what was on the other side of the line, and it only made Adrian that much more excited. "Quickly, quickly now!" Monty didn't deserve the pressure, but Adrian was practically drooling for a chance at catching one of these pokemon, wanting nothing more than to see it grow in his care.

As the magikarp was landed, its stereotypical response was to flop about in a frenzy, aimlessly trying to return to the water. As it thrashed about Adrian had little choice but to place a boot against it, pinning it against the dirt before brandishing one of his pokeballs. "Calm down you nutter," he barked before turning to Monty.

"Do I really need to weaken it? Poor thing's distraught enough as it is." He shrugged.

He supposed he could call out a pokemon, but it would be more practical (and quicker) to just stomp on it a few times, but that hardly seemed humane. Although with how bony this damn thing was, Adrian doubted whether it'd even cause the magikarp any discomfort. Might end up spraining his ankle just to try it, even. "I'll just give it a tick," he decided, figuring that suffocating it instead wouldn't hurt.

@monty
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
skippy [dw/o]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2019 4:00:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar

As the magikarp emerged and Adrian stomped on it, Monty couldn’t help but make a face. Adrian must have been one of those people who liked the evolution of the silly little fish. It was an annoying thing that had decent potential until an emolga or pikachu got involved.

Was Monty going to burst Adrian’s excitement bubble? He should, just because Adrian had pressured and rushed him. But he decided to be nice. If only to let Adrian marvel in his ugly orange victory.

“You do you,” Monty bent enough to unhook the fish before he started fashioning his reel and fixing the hook, testing its strength. “I’m not about to tell you how to catch your ugly ass fish.”

(( pass ))

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
skippy [dw/o]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2019 4:12:36 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Adrian laughed.

"Okay, Feebas," he scoffed at them while dropping the pokeball onto the restrained fish pokemon beneath his boot. In a flash of white it was siphoned into the pokeball, only to wiggle with the same intensity it had when splashing. It was almost comical to watch, but it didn't last long before the ball nearly rolled into the water. He'd caught it with his foot, holding it in place.

"Whatever. You're just mad it wasn't a feebas." Which he could forgive them as much, considering they'd taken the day to try and find one. Considering he meant to sup with them later, he supposed it was only right to keep them company here if they wanted to keep going. "Are you gonna cast your line?" His tone was indifferent, the trainer committed to no single course of action just yet.

tl;dr capture attempt

@monty
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
skippy [dw/o]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2019 4:40:12 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD SEALEO APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / oblivious[break]
swagger / brine / body slam / aurora beam / aqua ring
[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD WOOPER APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / unaware[break]
rain dance / earthquake / slam / yawn
[break][break]

[break]
Adrian reeled in the magikarp successfully!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
skippy [dw/o]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2019 17:00:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"Well I'm not going to stand here lookin' like a dumbass."

Yes, he's bitter toward the fact that he didn't get a feebas this time, and tries to reel in his disappointment at the fact that Adrian got what he wanted and Monty hadn't. What rotten luck he had.

Casting the line was easy enough. Monty was sure to cast toward the part of the water he had read that feebas enjoyed being around, hoping for something better.

"Seems like we'll both have to work hard getting what we want though. You'll have to train yours to be strong, even though it's pitiful as it is. Mine's as ugly as a purugly and I'm somehow going to have to convince the thing it's beautiful as a butterfree. What a comical turn of events."

Though he had to admit, it did suit each of them pretty well.

< pass >

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
skippy [dw/o]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2019 18:03:54 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
He wanted to roll his eyes at Monty, but he made some fair points about what they'd go through trying to evolve their favorite pokemon. "Yeah. But nothing that comes easy is ever good." After the pokeball settled down he fished it off the ground, stowing it away before relaxing back against the grassy bank.

Patiently waiting to see what Monty's next line would catch, he watched as a sealeo dipped beneath the water in pursuit of a whooper. Hopefully they were just playing. "Have you ever considered trying the routes near Sootopolis?" He supposed it must be difficult without a pokemon to ferry you around, but Monty seemed the resourceful sort. Surely they could charter a small boat.

"I'm thinking some pokemon only like open ocean." Not that he could be sure someone hadn't decided to dump a feebas in a lake the same way they had the magikarp, but it was something he'd considered when coming out here. Too bad he didn't know enough about Hoenn to say anything with certainty.

tl;dr pass

@monty
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
skippy [dw/o]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2019 2:10:35 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD SHARPEDO APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / rough skin[break]
slash / crunch / skull bash / taunt
[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD PYUKUMUKU APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / innards out[break]
purify / safeguard / recover / toxic
[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
skippy [dw/o]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2019 2:43:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Spencer thought that over and pulled in his line, starting to put his gear away. Adrian had a great point. Maybe he was wasting his time on these smaller routes. He could get himself a speedboat.

Turning to Adrian, Monty raised a curious brow. Like he was silently judging the other. He was, but not negatively. Positive judgment. That sort of judgment that’s like, ‘does he have a speed boat?’

Result: probably not.

“Maybe I’ll get a charter or something. Somebody with a Wailord or something.”

He ignored the black blob with pink spikes that made its way onto the shore, because those things were a strange kind of ugly that he didn’t want to mess with.

< pass >

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
skippy [dw/o]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2019 5:50:01 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
He became distracted with a sleek dorsal fin protruding out of the water, following it around with interesting before recognizing it as a sharpedo. Instantly he was determined to catch it, for it was another pocket pick of his; that he happened to find it so quickly after a magikarp was surely a sign.

"I'd go with a boat, but it's your plan." Adrian would've loved being able to tag along just to see what it was like in Sootopolis, seeing as he'd never been, but he'd never been one to impose. Usually, anyway. Pulling out Rover's pokeball, he tossed it out over the water, spawning his vileplume in the shallows and allowing the pokeball to drop on its large petals safely.

"Rover, use Giga Drain on that sharpedo over there!" Vileplume might not have recognized what a sharpedo was, but the shark fin running it down in the water was enough to give it a target for its aggression. It was able to land a hit due to the pokemon's linear attack, Adrian tossing a pokeball in tandem, hoping to catch it unawares.

"Since you're packing up, you wanna head to Rustboro now?" He'd take yes as an answer for granted, assuming they didn't have other business to attend to. They could grab a bite and talk about other things, maybe even about his upcoming gig. Yet his stomach knotted up at the thought, proving his own anxiousness. Even still he obviously wanted them to come, though perhaps he'd have to get crafty with his invitation.

"Let me wrap this up, and I can head out. I got something I want to show you," he sounded smug and eager, though it wasn't anything so grandiose as one might suspect. Just something he'd picked up near Foretree that he was proud of nabbing for himself.

tl;dr attempting sharpedo capture

@monty
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
skippy [dw/o]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2019 0:07:57 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
ADRIAN CAUGHT SHARPEDO!

[attr="class","aname2"]
CONGRATULATIONS!

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / rough skin[break]
slash / crunch / skull bash / taunt
[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
skippy [dw/o]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2019 20:42:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The capture of the Sharpedo was easy enough, so Monty simply got his tackle box and pool together, putting it all back in his backpack, then observing Adrian as he relished in his capture. Seeing Adrian so nervous was strange. Monty tilted his head to the side and thought over the last time he saw Adrian nervous like this-- perhaps it had something to do with his music.

"Oh yeah? Something you can't just show me right now?"

Not to much surprise, the sharpedo was captured, and Monty found himself shrugging his shoulders. Sharpedos were ugly, so he didn't have any form of emotion toward the capture other than, well done fellow trainer. Like a real brat.

If Monty were a toy, he'd be a Bratz doll, hands down.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
skippy [dw/o]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2019 0:46:18 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"I was going to show you now," he barked back before calling his vileplume over, returning it and the sharpedo to his belt. That's when he plucked a particular pokeball containing something he'd never seen before between Hoenn or Sinnoh. It was something of a monster though, so he was careful to give a generous breadth.

"I found this thing back in Foretree—it was menacing the wild pokemon there," he held out the pokeball like it was some sort of trophy to be marveled at. When that got boring, he poised to throw it and unleash the subdued beast inside, hoping to impress them with his catch. "It's a bit of a monster," he warned before lobbing the pokeball lightly, as to not send it far.

And then, in a flash of light, it was out.

Taking up a pose, throwing up his hands as if to say "Ta—daah!", Adrian unveiled the grizzled corviknight he'd wrangled that night in near Foretree. Its wings fluttered wildly with a sound like grating iron as it stretched its wings, having been cramped in there since it was captured. It took one look around and saw Adrian, eyeing him fiercely but making no other movements.

"Whaddaya think? I have no idea what it is, but it is beastly." He was beginning to build up a lethal amount of smug, but he couldn't help it. This was probably one of his most accomplished moments in Hoenn to date, and he wanted to share it with someone who might care.

@monty
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
skippy [dw/o]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2019 14:10:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Admittedly, Monty's expression was unimpressed until the beast was actually revealed. All of the suspense made Monty think maybe this had been a legendary find, but upon seeing the corviknight, Monty was smiling like one might at a child that just learned how to walk.

"A corviknight! Very good find, Adrian."

Monty moved more toward Adrian and less toward the bird, but in a small circle around the bird, to look the bird over.

"I haven't read up much on them yet, haven't gotten the chance. I've been tempted to start catching the Galar integrations... I just hope this wasn't a tagged--"

Upon seeing the leg on the corviknight, he realized it wasn't. No tag was visible.

"Oh, nevermind, definitely a full wild. I wonder how long the circulation has been in place for there to be a fully evolved corviknight. Perhaps its been through more than I'm giving it credit for, causing it to evolve out of necessity while in the wild."

Enter nerdy researcher Monty mode.