played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
All-Out Attack!
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2019 17:07:14 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","anniepost"]
“A professor?” Her head cocked to one side, much like a confused puppy. “Like a travelling one? With the scanner thingy?” She drew closer to the man, suddenly much more intrigued. “I’ve never met a real professor before! At least, not one that told me they were one. How does that even work? Do people pay you to go out and learn? Do you teach people? Well, I guess so, since you’re teaching me. Scrap that question. What’s the coolest thing you’ve ever discovered?”

She’d ended up right next to the man, assuming that his Pokemon hadn’t stopped her approach. Blitz hung back, and looked unimpressed with her. He only spoke up to announce the approach of more Pokemon. “What about those guys?” She pointed to the pair, who briefly gave pause. “Are those fairy Pokemon? How do you even decide which Pokemon are fairies? Is it how because of how cute they are? Because these guys are looking suuuuper cute. C’mon over, cuties!” She’d slipped into a voice otherwise reserved for babies, her hands on her knees as she watched the pair. Just as the man had taught, she used her intentions to ease the tension. The Bellossom dared to move first, and for her efforts, she was offered a Pokeball. “You seem like a sweetheart. How would you like to join Camp Annie?” The Pokemon didn’t run away, which was good enough for Annie! Her capsule met the grass-type’s head, and that was that.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]
wizz

[newclass=".anniepost"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost i"]font-style:italic;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
Pulling down backstreets deep in your head / slipping through dreamland like a tourist.
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
All-Out Attack!
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2019 6:01:16 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","viva"][break]
[attr="class","vivalyric"]I SMILE BEFORE I WANT TO, I SMILE BECAUSE YOU WANT TO
[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]TAGGED
[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]NOTES
[break]
catching dedenne! he talks a lOT i'm sorry

Florian beams at her, offering an enthusiastic nod. "A Pokedex, oui!"[break][break]

Annie seems intrigued, and Florian's more than happy to enlighten her about his profession. He's proud of it after the years of study and schooling it had taken to get where he was.[break][break]

"I am not under any sort of tenure or contract," he says, shaking his head. Most of his money came from book sales and from acquiring rare and interesting Pokemon for his numerous contacts. "Mostly I do this for fun! This world is a fascinating place filled with things to uncover, no?"[break][break]

She asks of his discoveries, and the professor tilts his head.[break][break]

"I saw a strange-coloured Florges, once!" His gaze grows distant as he thinks back on a memory. "Her stem and leaves were purple, and I thought at first she might be ill. She was not happy to be approached." His nose scrunches up as he laughs, shaking his head. "I would have loved to study her, but some Pokemon would rather be left alone."[break][break]

He was not one to force his presence on the unwilling, no matter how fascinating or unusual they might be.
[break][break]
The noise he makes upon sighting the Dedenne and Bellossom might have humiliated a different man, but Florian's positively glowing. "Ah, yes! The little mouse one is a fairy from my beloved Kalos!" Though he isn't quite as excited by the Bellossom, he still beams at it. "This one is just grass, I think, but still beautiful! As for how we decide — it is all in their energy! Many fairies draw power from the moon, did you know?"
[break][break]
Some of them, like Clefairy, supposedly came from the moon.
[break][break]
Florian pulls a couple of Lumiose Galettes from his pocket, offering them to the little electric-mouse. He scratches it behind the ears as it munches happily away, and offers a Pokeball after the snack. "You are a darling, won't you join me?"

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:800]
[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva b]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#57b6ce;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#57b6ce;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#57b6ce;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 7px Raleway;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
All-Out Attack!
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2019 14:05:15 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
Annie nodded at his claims or a world of mystery. Several times in a row in fact. “That’s part of why I’m on the road! There’s so many adventures to have, things to see and do, and there’s only so much time to see it!” She chose not to mention the fact that she lacked the funds to have a permanent home, even if she wanted one. And she did want one, at least to escape the cold. “Though… It’d be nice to get paid for it once in a while. Food isn’t cheap, for me or my Pokemon.” And there were only so many ways to spice up boiled Chansey eggs.

He detailed his discovery, and she tilted her head to one side. Context told her that he was talking about a grass-type, but beyond that- “Yeah, I’ve got no idea what that is. How do you know the names without a Pokedex? Do you just… memorize them?” An almighty task, if her tone was anything to go by. “Still, I can’t imagine just… leaving something special alone like that. I’d want to get up close and learn all about it!” Her Weavile huffed; it wasn’t a stretch to imagine that her mindset had gotten them both into trouble before. She reached down to wrap her arms around him, forcing him into a hug from behind. “Yeah, it’s a little rough sometimes, but we always get through it, and we’re stronger because we did it!” At some point, Blitz had learned the meaning of rolling his eyes. The skill came in handy for moments like this.

“From the moon, though? Like, in the sky? Does that mean that they’re stronger at night? What about when it’s cloudy? If fairies get power from the moon and a bunch of grass-types get power from the sun, are they destined to go to war?”
wizz

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,646 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
All-Out Attack!
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2019 2:25:30 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD AROMATISSE APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / healer[break]
echoed voice / moonblast / attract / heal pulse
[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD GLAMEOW APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / limber[break]
hypnosis / slash / attract / sucker punch
[break][break]

[break]
Your previous capture attempts are successful!

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
Pulling down backstreets deep in your head / slipping through dreamland like a tourist.
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
All-Out Attack!
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2019 16:10:40 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar

[nospaces]
[break]

[break][break]

[break]

[break][break]

[break]
pass

Florian grins, glad that they appear to share a similar mindset. "Exactly! To go out, to experience the world... the experience is reward enough! Though the price of Pokefood is exorbitant, I agree!"[break][break]

He wanted nothing but the best for his little darlings, so naturally Florian spent very little money on himself and a lot on his Pokemon. He, too, camped out in the wild more often than not... but for the professor, it was choice rather than necessity.[break][break]

Annie's apparently never seen a Florges before; Florian's already pulling out his Pokedex to show her when she inquires after his memory, and he laughs.[break][break]

"Years and years of experience!" he tells her truthfully. "The Pokedex is a great help. I have not memorized the name of every Pokemon... but I think I know all the fairies, at least! Like this one, this is Aromatisse! The evolved form of Spritzee!"[break][break]

He gestures to the pink fairy-type on their path, side-by-side with a Glameow.[break][break]

His Pokedex gives a little ding as he turns it on, navigating to the entry for Florges and holding it out for Annie to see the picture. He then swipes a few screens and shows her the picture he'd taken of the strange-coloured one. It's a photo taken from afar and thus not the best quality, but the purple sheen of the leaves is clear.[break][break]

"Fairy and grass types get along beautifully, actually! A couple fairies are grass-type as well! Morelull and Shiinotic from Alola, Cottonee and Whimsicott from Unova!"[break][break]

He's positively glowing as he takes the opportunity to recount all of his knowledge. He was, after all, a massive nerd.

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#57b6ce;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 7px Raleway;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
All-Out Attack!
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2019 9:43:20 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
A real Pokedex! Annie abandoned Blitz to peer over and look; he took the end of their hug surprisingly well. She’d only had the chance to see one up close a few times, but from the look of wonder in her eyes, it may as well have been the first. “Okay, I’m officially jealous. Of your brains too, not just the tech!” She was more street smart than book smart – yet another lifestyle necessity, rather than a choice. Knowing the names of every Pokemon could be a great party trick, but knowing what alleys to dodge kept her out of trouble. Most of the time.

Still, she could appreciate a man that knew what he was talking about, especially when it meant that she learned to. She ooo’d and ahh’d over his photos. The oddly-coloured Florges brought out the sparkle in her eyes, even if it wasn’t the greatest shot. “You’re a real fairy hunter, then. Are you going to start giving talks about them? Or are you just trying to catch them all?”

Her eyes darted from device to Pokemon. They’d attracted more than their fair share of critters, and though it turned out that they were all friendly, it was still a strange sight to her. Blitz was no less confused, but at least he’d stopped worrying about an imminent attack, judging by his posture.

The girl’s eyes narrowed for a second, and then widened as she had a eureka moment. “Young Professor’s Hypothesis! The Pokemon are coming out to see why you’ve got one on your head!” She pointed to Comfey. “Maybe they’re jealous too!”
wizz

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,646 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
All-Out Attack!
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2019 19:51:24 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD KECLEON APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / color change[break]
shadow sneak / substitute / feint / shadow claw
[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD SNUBBULL APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / run away[break]
roar / crunch / charm / fire fang
[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
All-Out Attack!
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2019 21:09:35 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

[break][break]

[break]

[break][break]

[break]
i'll post again after you to try and catch the Snubbull if that's all right; felt inorganic to try and work it in with a serious moment!

"I will do it all, if I can! Catch them, study them... I am simply fascinated by fairies as a whole. I think I can blame my Joli for that," he admits, and the Sylveon gives a cheeky little trill and a flash of his tiny fangs.[break][break]

The way her eyes shine as Annie glances at his Pokedex, she's like a kid on Christmas who's just been told Delibird's delivered everything they wanted. Sure, a lot of people are fascinated by the technology, but there's a spark in her that Florian appreciates.[break][break]

"Young professor, ah?" He grins at the thought. He'd actually forgotten that Jonquille was nestled in his hair, the Comfey giving a soft cry of greeting when it's indicated by the strange girl. "A good hypothesis. But every professor needs a Pokedex, no?"[break][break]

He'd received this one years ago, shortly after acquiring his then-Eevee from a support program. He supposed most kids in Hoenn got them with their Mudkip and Treecko, the same as Kalosian youth with their Fennekin and Froakie, but his circumstances had been unusual. There's a small crack in the corner of the screen but as it's only an aesthetic flaw, he could never bring himself to replace the old thing with one of the newer ones he had in his backpack. It was special to him.[break][break]

He pulls out one of said Pokedexes now, holds the power button until it turns on and beeps. It looks exactly like his own, in the traditional Kalosian style, except there's no crack on the screen and no entries are logged when the screen lights up.[break][break]

He holds it out to Annie.[break][break]

"I don't get to give out Pokedexes very often," he says, with a quiet smile. "It is yours, if you want it."

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
All-Out Attack!
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2019 19:40:37 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
It was hard for her to keep a smile off her face, seeing how enthusiastic the man was about his life and his goals. Hell, even the fact that he had specific goals was admirable, and a lot more than she could say about herself. It was easy for her to not realise that the man had lived almost twice as long as she had to figure himself out, which only made him seem more impressive! “That’s so cool! And really sweet. I love seeing people inspired by their Pokemon! And, you know, taking good care of them. These little guys look loved.” Somewhere behind her, a Weavile growled. His lack of enthusiasm drew Annie back to his side, giving him a three-fingered poke to the cheek. “Oh, you know that I love you. Why else would I put up with your grumpy butt?” Annie smiled. Blitz grimaced, but again, he didn’t shy away.

In short order, both were back beside Florian and company, catching his words about having a Pokedex. The girl nodded early, the implications flying over her head. “Of course! Every researcher needs a tool of the trade. Without it, they won’t know if they’re discovering something new.” She was totally clueless, right up until he showed her the spare. Few could claim to have stopped Annie’s mouth running, but for a few seconds he’d managed it. Her eyes were still wide, but with confusion instead of happiness. It wouldn’t last. Soon enough, his meaning hit her.

“…A-… Are you serious?” He may as well have offered her a stack of cash, and he would have seen just as much disbelief in her eyes. Her eyes scanned his, searching for malice, trickery, any hint that his gesture was anything but genuine. She wouldn’t find it, because it didn’t exist.

Her mouth opened wide too, but for once, she couldn’t find the right words… Not when a gesture could do the job just as well. Hopefully Florian had no issues with personal space, because she gave no warning before she pounced, wrapping both arms around him. He’d earned a tight hug from an overjoyed trainer.

“You’re serious! Thank you, thank you! Oh, and yes please!” She’d stopped looking up at him, and judging by Blitz’ inquisitive stare, he’d guessed why. Annie was a big, strong trainer (or so she told everybody), and big strong trainers couldn’t be seen as anything less! She wasn’t crying, not yet, but the occasional wavering of her estatic voice betrayed her emotions. “I’ll fill the whole thing out! Or try to! I’ll take really good care of it and learn a bunch, but really I’m just surprised that you wanted to give me something! That’s so… thank you!”
wizz

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
All-Out Attack!
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2019 1:13:35 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

[break][break]

[break]

[break][break]

[break]
capture attempt on snubbull! (i'll wait for your next post before submitting tho!)

Despite her Weavile's grouchiness, Florian gets the sense that the girl takes good care of her Pokemon. She's kind to them, eager to learn more, and it's for this reason that he trusts her with the Pokedex. He doesn't just go handing them out like candy, but... he has a good feeling about this girl. Her enthusiasm reminds him of his childhood, all the best parts of it.[break][break]

"I'm serious," he promises.[break][break]

Thankfully for Annie, Florian was a very tactile person. There had been a time in his life where he might have flinched away from such an unexpected touch, but Joli had helped him through the worst of his anxieties; he merely chuckles and returns the quick embrace.[break][break]

She's not looking him in the eye, after that, but the quiver in her voice betrays the reason enough that Florian isn't concerned. He's smiling, still, and he's certain that this was the right choice.[break][break]

"You're welcome," he says, sincere. "Here, I'll show you how to use it."[break][break]

All Pokedex models were different, after all, and assuming she was from Hoenn, the ones most common here would have different screens and functions. After showing her the basics of navigation, he pulls up the scanner and aims it toward a Snubbull that was snuffling through the grass nearby. After taking a moment to identify the species, the Pokedex dinged and read an entry aloud:[break][break]

"Small Pokémon flee from its scary face. It is, however, considered by women to be cute."[break][break]

Florian laughs. "Hey! I think it's cute, too!"[break][break]

Snubbull glances up and barks at him before hesitantly approaching the duo of trainers. Upon realising they weren't screaming in terror or making fun of it, the pink puppy seemed quite affable and willing to submit to Florian's belly rubs. She was very cute; Florian thinks he's going to have to take her home. How could anyone be afraid of such a precious creature?[break][break]

"You can see that its information is incomplete, no?" He shows her some of the blank spaces where information was missing. "But if you catch a Pokemon, it will update with all the rest!"[break][break]

He pulls out a love ball from his bag and offers it up to Snubbull.[break][break]

"I would like to take you home, if you'll let me!" Plus, getting her entry in the Pokedex would be a perfect demonstration for his newest pupil! And he didn't own a Snubbull yet. "I promise I won't run away from something as adorable as you."

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
All-Out Attack!
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2019 15:51:23 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
By the time Florian began his demonstration, she’d recovered. The girl’s grin stretched from ear to ear, and she’d blinked back any threat of tears. Blitz stayed behind them, offering the best sniggers a Weavile could; it was probably best that Annie was too enthused to notice.

The Pokedex’s words got just as much of a laugh out of her as it did the professor. “Aw, come on! Little dude doesn’t look that bad, just a little gruff! It’s got a special kind of charm.” Its appeal only increased as it dared to approach, and took kindly to a little affection. “Having the information handy will be super useful, I know it! I could’ve saved a lot of time if I’d known stuff like my Scizor needing to flutter once in a while, or Chansey eggs being good to eat. Really, really good.” For two seconds, she seemed distracted by the thought of food, but an idea pushes that aside. “Hey, what happens if you scan Blitz? Does it know that he’s one of mine?” Said Pokemon was staring down a floating red stripe. Its owner saw the Weavile’s suspicious glare and decided against approaching. It was gone before long, quickly enough for Annie to not notice the thing.
wizz

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
All-Out Attack!
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2019 0:58:52 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD IVYSAUR APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / overgrow[break]
vine whip / poison powder / take down / worry seed
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD GLOOM APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / chlorophyll[break]
acid / giga drain / moonlight / petal dance
[break][break]

[break][break]

The previous capture attempt was successful!

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
All-Out Attack!
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2020 9:48:57 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

[break][break]

[break]

[break][break]

[break]
pass!

Annie's Pokemon seems to be laughing at her, the dark-types snickering not going unnoticed by the professor. He chooses not to call attention to it, not wanting the poor girl to get even more flustered than before.[break][break]

"I have never had a Chansey egg," he confesses, tilting his head. He won't eat the meat of Pokemon, but he's not against drinking Moomoo Milk or sampling the honey from Combee farms. He's just never had the opportunity present itself when it comes to Chansey! "I have always wanted a Chansey, though. They're very sweet! Do you have one?"[break][break]

Speaking of her Pokemon, she asks about the scanning, and Florian nods. "It cannot tell me to whom it belongs, but it knows if the Pokemon is owned!"[break][break]

With Annie's permission, he would scan her Weavile in demonstration and indicate the little symbol that had appeared alongside its information, a grayed-out pokeball.[break][break]

"I think it's a fail-safe put in place to ensure that a trainer won't have their Pokemon kidnapped if it runs off!" He chuckles, lighthearted, but there's a very real threat of Pokemon being stolen by certain unsavory characters. "You can still scan them to get their information, though it's polite to ask the trainer, first. Some people — some Pokemon, even! — consider it an invasion of privacy." He shrugs. "You are free to scan any of mine, though! We don't mind."[break][break]

His Sylveon's ears perk up; he'd wandered off to have a sniff of what had looked to be a flower, but revealed itself to be a Vileplume. His little nose scrunches up with displeasure as he staggers away from the stinky plant.

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
All-Out Attack!
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2020 22:56:46 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
She nodded several times in a row. “I’ve had Fortuna since she was a little egg. Not an actual egg, but pretty egg-shaped. Once we’re done with this, I can introduce you.” The Pokedex demonstration was too important for her to distract from, and so she watched as Florian explained its mechanics and etiquette. “Oh, so I shouldn’t go around scanning everybody. Good to know, because I totally would’ve done that.” Once he was done, she gestured with a finger for him to hold on for a second.

Blitz’ Pokeball was retrieved, and she said her farewells. “I’ll be seeing you at dinner, alright?” The Weavile was returned, and in its place a Chansey was sent out. She seemed happy to be allowed to stretch. Then again, the predecessor to the Happiness Pokemon didn’t need much reason to smile. It didn’t take long for her to wonder off in search of friends, while Annie fiddled with the Pokedex.

“Me and Kit, my first Pokemon… We were having a bit of a rough patch-“ Or year- “and had to crash under a tree for a night. We were worried that we’d run into trouble there, so imagine our surprise when we woke up and there was a little pinky sleeping against me!” It wasn’t hard to imagine that the Chansey was perhaps too trusting of strangers; she was already persuading an Ivysaur to come out of the trees and join them. “I screamed. She screamed too, but neither of us ran… And I guess that’s how we became friends!”

Since the professor had suggested it, she attempted to scan the Comfey sitting atop his head. The device shared its insights:
It stretches sticky vines out from its head and picks flowers to adorn itself with. When it doesn't have any flowers, it feels uneasy.

“Oh! So the flowers aren’t part of the Pokemon! That’s really cool! I get it, little guy. I like to dress myself up nicely too.” Few would guess that from looking at the girl; a drifter’s life didn’t lend itself well to fancy outfits. Her red and black tracksuit was chosen partly out of pragmatism, and mostly because thrift stores didn’t have many child outfits on offer.

Fortuna returned to her side, but she wasn’t alone. A stubby green thing with a plant on its back pranced its way over to the gathering. Chansey pointed to her trainer, giving what sounded like encouraging words to her new friend. The grass-type looked up at Annie expectantly, and the girl smiled back. “Like I said, she’s a natural with this. Are you coming along with us, Lil Bulb?” The Pokemon staying put was taking as its answer, and so another Pokeball was used.
wizz

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga