awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
BURNOUT
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2019 4:29:42 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando can feel his eyes strain under the bright light of his laptop while his orange tablet orbits around him. The sound of the evening news plays in the background, another soundbite of 's alleged crimes circling every channel. A mounting frustration spills over into his work habits and Fernando sighs when he hears the news anchor asks her string of guests for their opinion on the matter. It's all for appearances, unsubstantial clattering used to rouse ratings and fill in the lack of eventful things to report.

Fortunately, he's too tunneled on his current task to order his Rotom to do otherwise. The feeling of being in someone else's office always unsettles him and he shuffles in his seat, periodically lounging in a different position as the stiffness of being in one spot too long sets in. Tonight's task was to put in a deeper effort to uncover the odd sequence of genomes present in the left over research of the Guzzlord sample. The further they take it apart and break down the pieces into something more understandable, the more niche the conclusion, going on premise of subjects and understanding that make no sense.

Fernando's no expert on genetics. That's what Najwa is for. His job is separate and relies on the mass amount of data available to them through crowd-sourcing the libraries of research and discoveries left at the finger tip of League personnel. Fernando spends his time parsing through anything remotely related, hoping to find some clue or association with previous known subjects.

Pinching the bridge of his nose, he pulls his eyes away from his own screen to stare back at Najwa from behind her desk. "Did you want any coffee? I might take a break to stretch."

@bean4

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
BURNOUT
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2019 5:14:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","grabod"]
[attr="class","gra"]
[attr="class","grawords"]
[attr="class","gratag"]

Honestly, the work is challenging, and not in the way she normally likes. It's frustrating, and full of dead ends and false leads, and it's staring to wear her out as she glares at the computer screen, poking around in a sequence as she deconstructs, reconstructs, and ultimately, watches the viability simulation fail.
[break][break]
During her most recent attempt, she hazards a glance to Fernando, who seems to be so engrossed with his computer that he's immune to any outside influence. Her fingers reach out to tap the button on the remote of her TV, turning off the news. It's all about Ms. Goode anyway, and Najwa isn't entirely convinced of this bullshit. She knew first hand how well the media could twist things.
[break][break]
When Fernando speaks, she's just quietly staring into space at her screen, watching the simulation run it's course - attempt 984. She sighs softly and looks over at him, before standing, rubbing at her eyes. "The simulation is still running, I'll join you. My legs are falling asleep, anyway." She wiggles them out and shakes her whole body to get at least some blood flowing. "But we're having the fancy stuff they only take out for special occasions."

[attr="class","grapokes"]

[newclass=.grabod] background: #2e2e2e; width:300px; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gra] margin-top: 40px; width: 300px; text-align: justify; font-family: 'roboto'; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/2gq2C65/black-thread.png); padding-right:50px; background-color: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.grawords] padding: 30px; background: #202020; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; line-height: 16px; border-radius: 2px; border-right: solid 4px #2e2e2e; [/newclass]
[newclass=.grawords b] color: #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.grapokes] text-align: center; width:300px; margin-left: -30px; margin-bottom: -20px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gratag] padding: 0px; text-align: right; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-top: -20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gratag a] font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
BURNOUT
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2019 5:44:45 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando's too tired and vexed to put up any false niceties. He sets his laptop aside and onto the armrest before standing up, sliding it in his place and closing it to ensure it locks. He waves to motion for the Rotom to stay put and he starts to approach, reaching for the door. "As long as the building administrator knows that it was your idea, not mine."

@bean4

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
BURNOUT
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 5:43:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","grabod"]
[attr="class","gra"]
[attr="class","gratag"]

"With all the extra work we're putting in, the building administration is lucky we don't drink all the coffee." Najwa taps the side of her nose as she slips right past him, spinning into the hallway. "But sure. I promise to take the fall, like a proper little criminal mastermind that I am." She rolls her eyes and pulls her phone free from her pocket.
[break][break]
As they walk, she sighs softly and swipes open her phone, checking a few messages. Nothing of importance. "Hey, we should make some food, too." She says suddenly, her stomach rumbling in unison, agreeing with her statement.

[newclass=.grabod] background: #2e2e2e; width:300px; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gra] margin-top: 40px; width: 300px; text-align: justify; font-family: 'roboto'; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/2gq2C65/black-thread.png); padding-right:50px; background-color: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.grawords] padding: 30px; background: #202020; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; line-height: 16px; border-radius: 2px; border-right: solid 4px #2e2e2e; [/newclass]

[newclass=.grapokes] text-align: center; width:300px; margin-left: -30px; margin-bottom: -20px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gratag] padding: 0px; text-align: right; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-top: -20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gratag a] font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
BURNOUT
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 6:09:44 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando gives a soft chuckle to himself at her comment and follows her stride. "Good. I can't have people thinking I need help with pulling these long hours." Unlike Najwa, Fernando avoids looking at his phone or watch. Contrary to his usual behavior, he knows that he needs an explicit break, a moment to himself and to detach himself from his work. A moment of solitude and away from the demands bottlenecked by notification is one that he enjoys in its own wholesomeness.

"What did you have in mind? I can't imagine anything too fancy this late unless you're cooking it yourself."

@bean4

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
BURNOUT
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 6:14:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","grabod"]
[attr="class","gra"]
[attr="class","gratag"]

Najwa grins over her shoulder at Fernando, rolling her eyes. "Oh no, can't have that at all. People thinking you're an actual human? Unheard of!" She covers her mouth in feign shock, before turning to walk backwards, her shoes tap-tapping on the tiles.
[break][break]
"Mmm, maybe just raiding the ready-mades in the freezer?" Najwa smirks, before pointing over her shoulder. "If you want me to cook, you're going to have to come to my place sometime." She laughs and turns back around. "I need very specific conditions."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
BURNOUT
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 6:32:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "It goes beyond that, you know," he comments but trails off without delving further into the subject. His opposition is playful and his formal overtone starts to falter as fatigue sets in. Outside of business hours, outside of the prying eye of public appearances, Fernando lets his guard down and relaxes into a more fitting persona, somewhere between the blurred lines of what's real and what's for show.

"Is that an open offer?" Fernando smiles to himself as they enter the empty cafeteria. The sheer vastness of the building always escapes him when working at night, hollowed and quiet, almost eerie with how truly alone they can be in an otherwise beaming environment. The kitchen isn't much further and more than adequately stocked for someone to make their own snack. Fernando has no interest in food but scours anyway, knowing full well that he's bound to munch on something.

"I can't help but to be curious about these conditions."

@bean4

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
BURNOUT
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 6:38:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","grabod"]
[attr="class","gra"]
[attr="class","gratag"]

As they reach the kitchen, Najwa shrugs and gets out a couple of things to make them coffee. "Maybe." She answers casually, tapping the spoon off into the filter of the coffee maker. She fills it with water, and then sets off to the deep freezer in the corner, opening it up.
[break][break]
"Mmm, I'm just very particular about cooking." Najwa explains, pulling out two frozen dinners and looking them over. They don't look particularly appetizing, but they'll do the job. "Plus, I have this very adorable apron." She gestures to her front with one of the packages. "Bows, frills. The whole nine yards."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
BURNOUT
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 7:05:04 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "And that's what you need to cook?" Fernando raises and exaggerated eyebrow jokingly, tilting his head slightly as he stares her down. His eyes wander from her to the meals and he can feel his appetite diminish. Not the best of food but considering how much he'll be spending, he errs the side of eating now instead of going hungry later.

"Doesn't seem too different than what we have here."

@bean4

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
BURNOUT
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 7:15:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","grabod"]
[attr="class","gra"]
[attr="class","gratag"]

"Hmm, I'm also a fan of propane stoves, not the electric ones. They cook faster, and the way they can grill meat..." She makes a chefs kiss motion with her fingers and lips. "C'est magnifique." She lets out a small chuckle and opens the frozen dinners, dumping them into a frying pan.
[break][break]
There was no way that she was going to microwave them and eat soggy food. Instead, she uses the pan to heat it up, dicing up some vegetables and adding some seasoning that someone had left in the cupboard.
[break][break]
By the time she was done, the noodle dishes barely looked like they had been frozen dinners. "Here." She places a plate in front of him and smiles. "Not my best work, but it'll do." It was obvious that this was not the first time she had made something out of nothing in the kitchen at work.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
BURNOUT
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 9:21:42 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "I see." Fernando entertains the statement with an amused look but the fascination between different cooking mediums elude him. He can understand the principle behind it but the best food is more often than not the one he never has to understand — something tailored in the finest restaurants and well overpriced. Watching someone else cook, while different, isn't something Fernando prides himself on waiting on. Instead, he searches a few of the cupboards for some spare community mugs and rinses them out in the sink, primed and ready for once the coffee finishes brewing.

"Is that what you say to set expectations or is that your version of humble bragging?"

@bean4

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
BURNOUT
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 9:44:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","grabod"]
[attr="class","gra"]
[attr="class","gratag"]

Najwa shakes her head and sighs softly, sitting across from Fernando with a soft huff of appreciation for sitting in a chair other than her office chair. "Mm, both?" She laughs, and digs her fork into her noodles, shrugging her shoulders.
[break][break]
"Mostly setting a standard, though. I have many." Najwa says, giving Fernando a look, before grinning. "Eat up." She lifts her mug with her free hand, holding it up to cheers him.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
BURNOUT
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2019 2:09:58 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "To another long night of research then," he taps his mugs against hers, delicately so as not to spill it, before taking a dainty sip from the piping hot cup. It's hotter than he expected and he set it down after just a small touch, looking toward his food to distract him until it cools down further.

Fork in hand, Fernando picks at his food to the side before digging in between noodles to pull some apart for a bite. "Mmm," he hums in approval as the taste settles in his mouth, chewing slowly as he reaches for another mouthful.

@bean4

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
BURNOUT
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2019 0:45:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","grabod"]
[attr="class","gra"]
[attr="class","gratag"]

Smiling as he makes a hum of approval, Najwa settles into eating her own food, sighing softly and picking at it quietly. In her head, she calculates, over and over, and then takes her first bite. "Hmm, yeah. It's not too bad." She takes another couple of bites, before sighing through her nose and rolling her neck.
[break][break]
"Shall we raid the vending machines for sugary snacks to keep us going?" She smirks and takes a sip of her coffee, reveling in the warmth that sits in her stomach after she's taken a couple of sips. It was good, for office coffee.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
BURNOUT
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2019 1:09:23 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Hm?" Fernando murmurs a questionable hum in the middle of chewing his food at the suggestion before nodding his head no. He chews a bit more before swallowing. "I'm not a big fan of sweets. I've been watching my sugar intake as well. But I'll go with you. Staying overnight makes this place seem more empty than it is." He expects a response and takes that time to shovel in another bite.

@bean4