the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
Are you strong enough to stand protecting both your heart and mine?
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
fever dream [c]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 3:52:46 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodygoldr"]
[attr="class","bodygoldrt"]

[break]

All she remembers immediately upon waking is the excrutiating and blinding pain of the hyper beam. She tingles all over with white-hot heat that soon numbs into nothingness. She at first wiggles her toes, as if learning how to regain the strength in her limbs. Her body feels slick with sweat and she's hot, too hot, and then impossibly cold.[break][break]

She's hyperventilating, panicking, a feeling she hasn't experienced in far too long. Tears are slick on her cheeks but she can't remember crying. All she remembers is that white-hot pain. She still feels as though she's burning alive.[break][break]

Emma's hand frantically searches at first for Freya, for security, for someone or something solid and real.[break][break]

"Hades?"[break][break]

The way she utters his name is hoarse, distress clear in the whine in her voice. She's never felt this out-of-body and afraid before. Her heart is racing and she can't bring herself down from this adrenaline rush. She was dead. She had died. And yet, it was a dream? None of it had been real?[break][break]

"Freya, Freya wake up. Please, please wake up."

[newclass=.bodygoldr] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldr b] color: #765D75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldr h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #765D75; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldr h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #765D75; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldrt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldrt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldrp] margin-left: -35px; margin-bottom: -40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldrp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,543 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
fever dream [c]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2019 19:02:59 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]it is as though she no longer sleeps. exhaustion is something she does not have the luxury to feel anymore. her once strong frame, packed with lithe muscle and a full healthiness about her, has hardened. she is thin as a waif, almost skeletal now. there is still a hardness about her, but it is unnatural. it is unsustainable. 

often it is only emma's comforting presence beside her that allows her to drift off, but tonight is not one of those nights. 

she is by the window of her cliffside cottage, the place that has become their home. it's away from any and all prying eyes. 

emma shares her bed. she looks at her now, away from the dark skyline, churning sea, and then glides to her side. she presses her fingers to her temples as emma struggles and whimpers under the duvet. concern creases freya's brows and she murmurs soft nothings to the sleeping woman in an attempt to console her. 

when her hand lashes out, freya clasps their fingers together and becomes her anchor. she steadies her by her shoulder with her other hand. 

"i'm here. i'm here, ems. i'm right here. you're okay. come here. you're okay."

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
fever dream [c]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2019 22:06:48 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

There's nothing on the other side of the bed. Which, normally, wouldn't be surprising or startling. Freya hasn't slept soundly in many moons. But even still, in her half-asleep daze and panic, Emma is wild-eyed with terror.[break][break]

It only comes to a crashing halt, like water over flames, as Freya's arms wrap around her, her hand held fast in the iron grip of her fingers. She squeezes tightly, desperate to ground herself, to wake up, to remember where she is and what's happening.[break][break]

Her chest heaves as quiet sobs wreak her body. Slowly, eventually, she comes to her senses and rests her face in the hollow of Freya's neck. Her familiar smell helps.[break][break]

"Oh gods, Freya, what a fucking nightmare."[break][break]

Her eyes squeeze shut, but she asserts herself and she feels that unsettling stress, like something's missing.[break][break]

It doesn't take long for a Lycanroc to burst through the door, breathing heavily. Without warning, the beast draws near to her bedside, forcing his face hard under her arm, pressing his warmth against her ribs. She doesn't deny it either, she instead buries her fingers fast into his fur, holding him tight.[break][break]

"You're safe.. we're safe."

[newclass=.bodygoldr] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldr h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #765D75; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldr h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #765D75; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldrt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldrt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldrp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,543 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
fever dream [c]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2019 19:10:17 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she may have lost her softness in every way but this one. emma is her achilles' heel, the one thing in this world she has left to care about. so her touch is tender as she holds the woman in her arms. her eyes are soft. 

she's startled when the door to their bedroom is flung open. hades crawls halfway onto the bed to burrow his nose under emma's arm. 

something isn't right here. 

freya staves off her questions for later, when emma isn't as overwhelmed. she places a hand on the small of her back. moxie, awake now, uncurls from her spot on freya's neck and slithers onto emma's shoulders in an effort to comfort her. 

"what happened?" she whispers. "it's okay if you don't want to talk about it. just tell me what you need." she gives her a gentle squeeze. 

[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
fever dream [c]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2019 5:54:45 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

Emma melts into her arms, allowing herself this one moment of weakness. She's in distress, her heart is racing and she can't see, can't focus. The only thing she's worried about now is the feeling of Hades' fur under her hand and Freya's arms around her body. [break][break]

Hades growls continuously, a nervous noise that doesn't seem to have an end. He's trembling, as if reliving some sort of horrible nightmare. [break][break]

Freya's question breaks her concentration the here and now and Emma pulls back out of her hold, blinking away disbelief.[break][break]

"I do, I need to talk about it."[break][break]

She takes a steady breath just as Moxie coils around her neck to comfort her. The weight is a welcome one, and Emma reaches for Freya's hand to squeeze it.[break][break]

"I died, Freya. I died and it was so real and strange and horrifying. There was several other people with me. We fought past hordes of zombies and locked doors and choices between killing entire elevators full of people. It didn't seem real, but it felt real. It was.. it was horrible."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,543 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
fever dream [c]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2019 1:47:13 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]it's bittersweet, almost as if the universe is telling her that no, no, she shouldn't sleep. because she'd be weak even there. 

because if emma is so broken down by this, how she could she ever compare? as she crumbles in her arm, freya tries to keep her together. her arm brushes by hades, but the lycanroc is too far gone, he doesn't even seem to notice. 

her heart stutters when she thinks, perhaps, that whatever happened that affected the both of them might have lingered. she keeps her eyes open as she gently kisses emma's forehead. 

moonlight stretches over the bottom half of their bed. the rest of the world is still silent. 

"you're here now," she murmurs, keeps trying to reassure her. "you're here now and you're safe. and hades is safe."

others? 

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
fever dream [c]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2020 21:02:39 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

Emma focuses, shutting her eyes tight to quell the storm in her belly, the wildness of her heart, the sickness that threatens to make her toss everything.[break][break]

Her skin still feels like it's on fire despite being clear of any damage, and she still clutches her chest as if closing a gaping wound that doesn't exist anymore. Because it hadn't been real, none of it. It was just a horrible dream, right?[break][break]

Hades whines, but reclines off of the bed. He's overstepped, surely, and Emma isn't reciprocating his concern the same way anymore - she was past it.[break][break]

Emma gasps as Freya's lips press against her forehead, and suddenly, the pain is gone. The fear melts away, the confusion. She's safe, she's with Freya. It was as if a shadow that encroached on her, had sat so heavily on her shoulders, was gone. It disappears in the blink of an eye and Emma watches Freya's face with wide-eyed relief.[break][break]

"Okay.. okay."[break][break]

She whispers as she places one hand in Freya's, her fingers desperate for warmth, for comfort.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,543 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
fever dream [c]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2020 17:06:30 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]these things out there...they're getting stronger. conspiracies rise in freya's fragile mind, but the wildfire in the backs of her blue eyes is hidden from emma's view. her lips are still pressed to her forehead, but she stares unseeing across the room. 

her skin prickles. even if emma manages to do so, tonight will be another sleepless night for the dragon queen. 

moxie's soft hisses are meant to be a comfort, but they put freya on edge. her grip tightens and all at once she comes back to the moment, to this soft bed, to the woman held in her arms. 

their fingers twine. 

"let's take a walk," she says softly. "in the moonlight. we'll wash away the rest of those nightmares."

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
fever dream [c]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2020 0:45:46 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

Emma slows her breathing, zoning in on the feeling of Freya's lips pressed against her forehead. She feels cold, colder than she used to, but it's a comfort she's hungry for.[break][break]

Her eyes are pressed closed as her heart rate stills, as the world stops spinning behind her eyelids, as she finally relaxes.[break][break]

But sleep would surely evade her for the rest of the night. In fact, it's unlikely the woman will find peace at night for some time. The imaginary heat still sears her flesh and gives her an uncomfortable feeling of dread.[break][break]

She had died.[break][break]

Emma's eyes open to gaze upon her face as their fingers find each other and intertwine. [break][break]

Freya's voice breaks the silence that seems to swallow the air between them and the suggestion is a welcome one.[break][break]

"Please."[break][break]

And then she slips off of the bed and feels a shudder leave her as her feet tingle as they touch the ground.[break][break]

She had died.[break][break]

"Hades."[break][break]

The werewolf has remain somber and silent until she calls for him. It still surprises him when she calls him by the name she'd chosen. It was still fresh, to be given a name other than the one of his species. [break][break]

He doesn't need a command and Emma doesn't give it, but the thought is there. He would remain by her side because that's what she wanted from him.