[attr="class","swarmHead"]
A TYRANITAR

swarm has appeared!

[attr="class","swarmCut"]
[attr="class","swarmCutIn"]
[attr="class","swarmCutBG"]

[attr="class","swarmIMG"]

[attr="class","swarmText"]

THERE IS NOTHING MORE TERRIFYING than encountering a tyranitar in the wild. their alarming strength is known to shift the landscape. able to bury rivers and carve mountains, this dinosaurian behemoth is known to befuddle cartographers in olden times.[break][break]

[break][break]

a small group of tyranitar move closer toward mt. chimney with their young. perhaps, these sense the slightest dip in temperature. although hoenn may be tropical, nature is sensitive.[break][break]

what will you do?

[attr="class","swarmInstr"]
instructions

• only one character of yours may participate.
  • in order to qualify for the capture, you must reference a kaiju monster somewhere in your post and bold the word/name/phrase.
  • write an in-character post of your character attempting to catch one of the tyranitar with a roll.
  • highest roll will earn a shiny tyranitar (gender of your choice); second highest will earn a normal tyranitar, and the lowest roll will also net a larvitar.
  • the attempted capture will not consume a pokéball.
  • the tyranitar have movesets that will be revealed at the end of the event.
  • this is a time sensitive event and will end 12/2 (12:00AM - PST).

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
TYRANITAR SWARM (SHADY DEALINGS)
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2019 4:46:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
By Godzilla it was beautiful. A herd of Tyranitar were making their way downtown, walking fast, faces pass they were Mt. Chimney bound. Caius and Machamp looked down at the beautiful mass, a tear in the blond’s eye as he looked at what he called a couple tons of fun.  

“Machamp. Watch my back.” with those brave words Caius charged at the swarm and when he was just meters away he pitched a Pokeball at it with all of the strength he could muster, throwing his shoulder out in the process. Like

WPR2hzSj
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2019 4:56:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
This sight was as breathtaking as Mothra in the newest movie. The herd of rock/dark types were making there way ---somewhere and while Ken isn't normally a rock type kinda person a Tyranitar is a Tyranitar. So he is gonna attempt to catch it. This should be fun. 

"Hawkeye hold my drink!" with those words in a dropped drink later Ken ran at the herd and after a few attempts of running back and forth from the herd to his pidgeot he finally got the balls enough to throw a ball a the herd with his feeble strength and what he got was a---!!

2kdu2s9B
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2019 4:58:26 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","anotheronedark"]

tag
@user
notes
THROW AND PRAY
Mt. Chimney.

It's a grueling climb; heat bears down upon him and ash coats the back of his throat, but Orion refuses to back down. He sees them in the distance: Tyranitar, a whole swarm of them approaching with their young. For a moment, he is awestruck, frozen in place by the behemoths. Like Godzilla from the oceans, the Tyranitar emerge from the treeline and rumble toward the mountain, earth quaking with every step.

His Absol, Katas, is better suited for the mountainous climate. He navigates the safest path down the rocky slope, and Orion follows carefully behind with a Pokeball in hand.

"They're massive," Orion mumbles as he stops to catch his breath, a thrill of fear crawling down his spine as one of them roars at its youth. "I don't know that we want to get much closer."

Swallowing nerves, he judges the distance and prepares himself. He's got a good throwing arm, but would it be good enough?

K2h|P3Sp

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]color:#A490FF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]color:#A490FF; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2019 5:12:17 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
From a bird's eye view, Adrian could see the landscape beneath him shuddering, as if Mt. Chimney itself were about to erupt. And yet it showed no symptoms of an eruption, just the same ash cloud roiling from its depths. Down along the paths leading off the summit, winding and curving along the mountainside, he could glean the figures of multiple pokemon filing along at a brisk pace. These were Tyranitar.

He knew enough of them having caught a pupitar of his own, but seeing them marching in rank and file almost reminded him of a Pacific Rim movie where the monolithic creatures emerged from a rift to terrorize mankind. It was like watching those very scenes come to life, as these titans began to warp the landscape with their every step, without even a concerted effort. And the way they almost hobbled about was reminiscent of an anguirus, the armored spires along their backs like a targe shield.

Adrian grasped at the plumage around Reign's neck, instructing it to fly slightly lower to the ground, that he could observe the pokemon from a better vantage point. Nothing particularly stood out until he noticed a discolored tyranitar among the swarm, which immediately garnered his attention. Is that... a shiny? What trainer, in their right mind or not, could resist that sort of temptation? There was already a pokeball in his hand, as Adrian poised for the perfect shot...

But his throw was rushed when he noticed a few of the pokemon directing sinister glares his way; who could blame him for yeeting that pokeball before rising back to a safer altitude, watching the scene unfold from a safer distance than right smack above a bunch of literal monsters.

WbN7h3ve

#tagged
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2019 5:25:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
by the gods.

these pokemon were massive; bunches of monsters that could rival that of gamera. she nearly felt anxious in their presence. the herd of pokemon made their way and nicole, trying to be cautious as to not enrage them with any sudden movements, had half the mind to pull out a pokeball and attempt to catch one of these huge monstrosities. would she feel horrible, for taking one of the young away from them? perhaps. the small gathering of trainers that witness this probably had the same idea as her.

... so it should be fine, right? if the pokemon were going to be captured and separated, anyways. it.. should be alright, right? at least, that's what the actions of the trainers who got here before her told her. taking a deep breath, she aimlessly throws the pokeball into the herd.

V2SKwknN
» bep
close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
Be silent or let thy words be worth more than silence.
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2019 5:28:38 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
Ruby had to admit. The sound of the Tyranitar's practically stampeding through the countryside was loud, but even she didn't expect the absolutely raw fury that overtook Whisper! The Hatterene had popped  from of her pokéball sometime ago, staring down and eyeing at least three different Tyranitars, locked into a strange sort of aggressive staring contest where one was just waiting for someone to make the first move. Ruby had been standing by the sidelines, quietly hoping that Whisper  would just, give up and come back, but to no avail. She looked like a lady ready to kill... Which was not a very good sign. 

Suddenly, the middle Tyranitar suddenly charged forwards towards Whisper. The whole ground seeming to shake as the massive beast ran. Whisper didn't even move, standing perfectly still.  Ruby immediately bit her lip as her worry only grew and grew, staring with wide eyes. Suddenly, it was all over in an instant. The aggressive Hatterene swung with a Brutal Swing with it's hat-fist, immediately knocking the giant Reptar-looking mon down onto his back! It's head was swirling, she could practically even see the stars circling over its head! 

Whisper looked mighty pleased with herself, raising the fist once again towards the other two remaining Tyranitars, only for them to slowly start backing away, less they anger the forest witch. "Well..." She mumbled to herself, slowly moving over towards the barely conscious Pokémon as she grabbed a Pokéball. "Here goes nothing." And with that, she gently dropped the ball down onto his head, hoping it worked. 

UQgKFxbr
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2019 5:51:28 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he watched godzilla the night before. he can handle this.

"i just need to throw hand grenades at their smaller versions, right?" he asks his mightyena beside him.

the mightyena doesn't respond cause it cannot talk, but, instead, just barks in affirmation. kyle gives it a good ruffle on his head before he throws his pokeball at the crowd.

he can maybe handle one of them, but not a whole group. going for long ranged attacks such as a random pokeball throw was the best maneuver.

i0|KgH6_

@tags
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2019 7:48:10 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","anniepost"]
OOC:
Annie really needed to stop having bad ideas. She hadn’t heard the rumours of Tyranitar passing through, for she’d been in the area to spot their arrival. A rare herd, passing through! Emphasis on rare – that had to mean they’d be worthy additions to her team, especially with their size. Only one teensy problem. Attempting to claim one of mini-Godzilla’s young for herself probably wouldn’t go down well with the parents, and was almost definitely going to end in a fight… But what was life without a little risk?

She took a Pokeball in each hand – one empty, and the other containing one of her own. The first was lobbed into the herd to try and capture whatever it hit, while the other released her Scizor, ready to claim the ball and take up her defense.

IXo2Pfxt

[attr="class","wizzcred"]
wizz

[newclass=".anniepost"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost i"]font-style:italic;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
Hold on don't look back, you know we're better, better than that
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2019 10:08:40 GMT
evan fader Avatar
[attr="class","evantalk"]

Evan whistled at the sight.

He knew how often people likened the pokemon in front of him to godzilla and it made him wonder if there was a king kong reference somewhere nearby to go with it, you know, for convenience sake. That was how one of the movies went right? Godzilla vs. kong or some such nonsense? It's not his forte really. Movies are nothing more than background noise that the city theatre makes and he occasionally snuck into when he was younger and stole some popcorn from an unwatched concession stand.

Maybe he should go sneak into one again actually.. it had been awhile. Were there any good looking ones playing now? He whipped out his phone, thoroughly distracted by this train of thought and was already headed off to relive a younger day and scurry back to the Stray before anyone could catch him.

At the last moment he realizes he may as well run back and try his hand at the beasts, you never know what might happen after all (and it gives him a chance to navigate a trailer or two and see if he's even interested).

4Vpidp_T

[newclass=.evantalk b]color: #7d6484;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2019 16:21:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Well, this was annoying. It's not like Monty actually wanted the stupid thing anyway, but really just to be left alone. He'd gotten in a tussle with the giant kaiju of a beast and it had gotten territorial.

Lucky, he wouldn't have to waste a pokeball today. Nope, luckily, he was able to get out of there just in the nick of time.

Thank goodness. Those things are ugly anyway.

SHsbE7_y
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2019 17:58:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
That brutal stuffed animal of a Pokemon was big and scary in its own right, but this was something else. Toto peeked out from behind a naked tree to look at the passing crowd of . . . well she didn't know what they were, and she didn't much want to risk alerting them to her presence by digging through her bag for her encyclopedia. So for now she'd call them, uh. Destoroyahs. That sounded legit. If she was in charge of naming Pokemon she thought that would be a pretty good one.

Regardless of the quality of this name, the Destoroyahs looked ready to live up to their name. Big, armored, spiky fellas that they were. Toto figured it was probably best she steer clear of them. Just one of them looked strong enough to turn her team to so much fish fillet, nevermind a whole pack.

lCKSTRbm

close tab

played by

kodiak

Incinemask
he/him
pro wrestler
cadet
39 height
39 height
awards
119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinraboi
Shinra Redgrave
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2019 23:32:27 GMT
Shinra Redgrave Avatar
[attr="class","evantalk"]

the roars of a monster of a beast echoed through the forest as shinra and madden exploded from out of the foliage as three large green lizards came bursting through. they were literally ripping trees out of their roots. "ok so maybe waking them up with a thunderbolt wasn't the best idea!" screamed shinra as his words were mixed with a terrified laughter. his pikachu partner just screamed in pure terror as the two ran. news of the swarm reached his ears and he couldn't pass up the chance to miss out on seeing these things and try to catch one for himself.

boy was that a huge mistake on his part because now a ghidorah level threat was trying to fucking kill him. he could fight them yes if it was a one v one between him and one of them. that would be easy. he could even handle two if he was that daring (he is) and just continuously chuck pokeballs at one of them till it gave up. but three? no way! it was illegal to throw more than one pokeball at a wild pokemon after all, still there was no real other option that he had that didn't include fleeing for his life. "damn it all please just sit in here nice and QUIETLY."

screaming out the trio of kaiju he hurled a pokeball at one of them. at least of them would be slowed down at the very least.

bmH70htT

[newclass=.evantalk b]color: #7d6484;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2019 1:07:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
She reminds herself that Tyranitars are not dragon types, but it doesn't matter as her main battler - Eve - is already out. Actually, Emmie is riding on the great dragon's back. She's not fit for maneuvering the mountain side, but Eve was, she climbs with ease. What she can't climb, the pair glide over.  Wasn't a Tyranitar what the movie Godzilla was based upon? 

She supposes it doesn't matter, she dismounts. Eve moves in front of Emersyn, a protective growl exiting her throat. She pats Eve's side, willing it to calm down. A manipulative, predatory eye spots one is limping. "You think you can get me closer?" She asks, and the pokemon chirps in response. 

Eve leans over, allowing Emersyn to mount her again and the pair hover above the Tyranitar heard. She throws a Pokeball down, hoping that it has met its mark. 

RkGzv30b

@people

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2019 9:21:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
You are our secret
it's worth keeping, and now i'm keeping my mouth shut
The road to Mt. Chimney was a one that was hot and rocky and steep. Exploring had taken him along the rugged path and he was regretting going so far out by himself. He was exhausted, dripping sweat despite the coming of the colder season. His partner Buizel walked along with him, arms crossed to mimic his trainer and head hanging from the tiring hike.

Buizel points and barks and Nemo looks up, squinting his eyes into the distance.

”Ah! Holy—I mean—oh my God…zilla?” he almost chuckles at himself in thrilled panic at the sight of the pack of Tyranitar coming his and Buizel’s way. The sight was astounding and a little frightening all at once. Buizel had stopped walking along and Nemo was stopped in his tracks as well. The two stood watching in awed silence for at least one long minute. Then he turns to his partner pokemon, ”We should probably clear out,” he says with a wink as his senses came back to him. Being trampled by migrating Tyranitar was no honorable way to die. His Buizel nods and the two move along to a safer area along the mountainous path. When the pack of monstrous beasts thunder by, Nemo tosses a pokeball as hard as his arm would allow and retreats to a safer distance to watch the rest of the phenomenon.

When the dust clears, he’d honestly be surprised to find a pokeball at all in the passing chaos, not to mention the impossible likelihood of there being any sort of pokemon successfully captured inside.

aUoq1qR0
event tagged @xxx 262
PYXIS

[/div]