orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
babysitter club [m]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2019 9:25:36 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

[attr="class","orion"]

Orion feels like he's been duped.

When he'd agreed to help the magnate babysit for the night while they went shopping for gifts, he hadn't been told that he would be watching five children. Alone.

Nor had he been told that they were the spawn of Giratina itself.

He sends out a group text to his fellow rangers:
'Anyone free and willing to help me babysit? Please?
There are five of them.'

His ears already hurt from the screaming, he's broken up two fights, and even the ever-patient Katas is starting to look a little worn-down as the eldest child climbs onto his back and tugs insistently at his horn. Orion's got other Pokemon with him, but he's wary to send them out into this disaster.

He convinces the kids to head outside with the promise of some winter-based fun, hoping to avoid the destruction of some of the homeowners more expensive things. From the way they'd talked about their kids, he had a feeling the blame would be placed on him if anything were to go wrong. Great.

His boots leave deep prints in the snow as he strides toward upon his approach, relief evident in the way he looks at him.

"Bless you," he says, recognizing the other. "Adam, right? You're a life saver."

notes:
- let the advent calendar goal-fulfilling commence
- poor katas didn't sign up for this

[newclass=.orion] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.orion b] color: #9e76b1; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
babysitter club [m]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2020 16:41:42 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Tis the season for helping people out, right? At least that was what Adam repeatedly told himself as he foolishly agreed to help someone out with their babysitting gig. Now Adam wasn’t the worst with kids, hell, the man’s got more siblings than he can count so he was used to dealing with them and was good at it. But someone else’s kids?

And more important from the sounds of it these kids are nightmares. Ho boy, this was going to be a hell of a day and most certainly not worth the amount of money he was going to get paid.

”Don’t go thanking me just yet.” Adam responded as he looked at the scene in front of him. ”Jeez they’re already causing such a ruckus.” He let out a deep sigh. ”Alright let’s get to wrangle them in.” Adam would release his Arcanine. The big fluffy dog enjoyed kids and the little demons loved him as who wouldn’t love a big fluffy dog?

Many of them flocked over to the Arcanine, who was enjoying the attention. It'd be nice to give the absol a break from being the one-man petting zoo. Some climbed on him while others pet him.

”Pro, keep them in check alright. And none of you get too crazy.” They’d find out real quick how nasty an Arcanine can get when they get mad.

Adam would then turn to Orion, pointing to the kids with his thumb. ”Got a lot of experience dealing with kids?”

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
babysitter club [m]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2020 23:41:29 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

[attr="class","orion"]

"Not like this," he admits, grimacing. At least the children were now dividing their attention between the Absol and Arcanine, though Katas still shoots Orion a tired look when the child riding him kicks his sides like he's a horse. "Mostly when I'm out on patrol and such. You?"

It didn't help that most of his Pokemon lacked the patience and temperament required to deal with a horde of screaming children tugging at their fur. Orion had a tendency to take in the sorts of Pokemon no one else wanted: the ghosts, the dark types, the poisonous Pokemon that one would definitely not want to let out around children.

Katas was a special case.

"I only agreed to watch 'a couple' kids. I don't know what it means to you, but to me, 'a couple' means two."

Yet here they were, and here they would remain until the magnate returned home, hopefully at the agreed-upon time.

Orion winces as a snowball suddenly pegs him in the side of the head, eyes closing as he takes a deep breath to reign in his leonine temper. They're just kids, he tells himself, they're just kids.

"If you're going to throw snowballs, don't aim for the head!" Snow and ice slide beneath the collar of his shirt. "Someone could get hurt. No hitting below the belt, either!"

One of the girls offers a cheeky grin, having aimed her snowball just so.

notes:
~

[newclass=.orion] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
babysitter club [m]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2020 17:59:19 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
”I come from a big family so dealing with kids isn’t a big deal.” He explained. This was why when he looked at the scene before him he could only shake his head and laugh a bit as he thought about how many times he saw something like this growing up. The nostalgia was making him a bit homesick. He laughed again as Orion got decked by a snowball.

”Man you really aren’t good with kids.” Adam said as he pulled out two more of his pokeballs. He then released his Lucario and Infernape, the arrival of the two Pokémon grabbing the attention of some of the kids.

Adam then began to gather up some snow, making a fine snowball. His two Pokémon seeing this caught onto what was going on and made their own.

”Alright ya bunch of little Patrats! I’ma about to show you how you have a real snowball fight!” And into the fray he and his Pokémon went, slinging snowballs left and right like it was their job. What made it so fun for Adam and his crew was the fact that the kids got really into it, playing things out like they were in an actual war.

”C’mon then! Get yourself some ammo and join in the fun!” Adam would call out to Orion as he took a snowball to the chest.

”Man down! Man down!” He wailed jokingly. He and his Pokémon hid behind a snow mound using it as cover for the rain of snowballs coming their way. ”I don’t think I’m going to make it.” He cried, holding onto Sun’s hand. The plan was to tire the kids out with a big snowball fight, that’d get them to calm down.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
babysitter club [m]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2020 14:27:47 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

[attr="class","orion"]

"I was the youngest," he supplies.

His family had been large, too, but it had been less of a boon and more of a burden for him growing up. Youngest sibling, youngest cousin, forever forced to measure himself to the accomplishments of those who'd come before. It was no wonder he was so jaded.

He never got to have fun snowball fights like this, either.

So when Adam jumps into the fray and then invites him to do the same, there's a brief hesitation. Having fun like this had always been kids stuff in his childhood. He'd be mocked for being a kid when he was supposed to be.

But he watches as Katas deflects a snowball with his horn and pounces playfully at the offender, and decides: screw it, why not.

He releases a Weavile from its ball, the dual-type bringing an icy wind that strengthened the snowfall and provided ample new material for their game. His claws made packing the snow a little more difficult than it was for Orion, who ignores the biting cold against his fingers as he stacks up ammunition, but the Weavile seems eager to be out in the cold. It's unusual for Hoenn, after all.

Adam feigns a dramatic downfall as a result of the snowball, and Orion hesitates before grinning.

"I'll avenge you!" he promises, nailing the offender in the shoulder with a snowy projectile. "Chei, back me up!"

The Weavile is all too eager to comply.

notes:
~

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
babysitter club [m]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 3:07:12 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
To avenge the fall of their trainer Adam’s Pokémon increased the intensity of their attack. Left and right they flung snowballs at a speed the kids wouldn’t be able to keep up with. ”Woah guys there’s no need to go that hard.” Adam said as he poked his head over their little snow mound, causing his two Pokémon to lighten up.

He was surprised to see that Orion and his Pokémon were getting in on the fun too. The sight had Adam pretending to wipe a fake tear from his eye as he smiled at the man. If he were to glance over the silver haired male would be giving him a thumbs up.

”Turns out I’m alive suckers!” He shouted as he jumps from behind the mound and starts to fling snowballs left and right. With the combined effort of the two rangers, the kids didn’t stand a chance!

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
babysitter club [m]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2020 16:48:04 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

[attr="class","orion"]

Adam's Pokemon take to their task with incredible abandon, and even Orion has to duck a stray projectile or two. He's laughing, though, even as one of the kids hits him in the shoulder with a snowball and manages to send more ice down his shirt. He really hadn't chosen the ideal attire for this weather; a scarf would have worked wonders.

Catching the thumbs up, he flashes a smile.

With both of the rangers and their Pokemon getting in on the chaos of the snowball fight, it's not long before the kids are soaked and tuckered out, one of the girls electing to flop down on her makeshift snow fort and feign death much as Adam had.

Rubbing his hands together for warmth, Orion suggests, "Why don't we all head inside for some hot chocolate?"

Naturally, the 'dead' child gets right back up, at that.

notes:
~

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
babysitter club [m]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 20:27:21 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
”Hey that sounds like a good idea to me!” Adam and his Pokémon promptly stopped with the snowball war after Orion’s suggestion for some hot chocolate. While that was clearly directed at the children Adam sounded more enthused about it than he probably should have been.

But the children were just as enthused as the silver-haired ranger, some rushing on head towards the comfort and warmth of inside. He let his Pokémon help usher the children inside in an orderly manner, or at least as orderly as they could manage with such an unruly group. Adam instead hung back and turned to Orion.

”That wasn’t so bad was it?” He’d ask, nudging the other male with his elbow. While it was nice that the kids had fun it was also nice to see the other ranger seemingly enjoying himself as well.

A lot better than that attitude he was having earlier and though they might be tired and covered in melting snow it was well worth it.

”You’re going to be in charge of making all the hot chocolate, right?”

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
babysitter club [m]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 0:27:52 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

[attr="class","orion"]

The group trudge inside with snow-caked boots and soaked jackets. Orion supervises the kids as they strip off their bulky winter gear and ditch their boots, calling one of them back when he makes to rush into the kitchen without removing them.

"Not so fast, pal! You'll track slush all over the house."

Based on what he'd gleaned of the parents' personality, that wasn't something they could allow.

It takes a moment to locate the hot chocolate in the myriad of unfamiliar cupboards; Orion shoots an awkward-but-genuine smile in Adam's direction.

"Went better than I expected, that's for sure." He keeps his voice low so as not to be overheard by little ears. "Was convinced the mum was going to strangle me when she got home, but you bailed me out. Thanks for that."

"Don't go thanking me just yet," Adam had cautioned at the start, but Orion feels like he's earned the gratitude by now.

"Might not be great with kids but I make great hot chocolate." He chuckles, raises his voice a little. "You kids know if there's marshmallows anywhere?"

notes:
we can wrap up at any point after your next post!

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
babysitter club [m]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 2:03:04 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
”Hey no problem!” Adam smiled. He was happy that he managed to turn around what was probably going to end in disaster, though in a funny way Adam preferred that things were like this than a bunch of well behaved kids who didn’t want to get out there in the rough of it.

While that was fine in its’ own right, Adam much rather have some rowdy fun than sit around and not do anything. And it was a good way to tire the kiddies out so when you did want some peace and quiet they wouldn’t be able to fight you back on that.

”Well I’m looking forward to it then.” He replied, making sure all the kids were in order and not tearing the place up as they would wait to be treated with a tasty treat.