played by

kodiak

Incinemask
he/him
pro wrestler
cadet
39 height
39 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinraboi
Shinra Redgrave
i burn [g]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2019 22:39:47 GMT
Shinra Redgrave Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

[attr="class","merrkpokesI"]

the moment he stepped inside the gym he could already tell that he was going to work up a sweat. it was totally kick ass that there were hotsprings inside of the gym and he was honestly wondering if they were for use for the staff and even challengers. what wasn't kickass was that since it was so humid inside that his clothes were getting really damp, so shinra had to remove them. just his shirt really, his lower body had plenty of breath ability available to them so there was no problem there.

there wasn't even a problem with him being half naked, he didn't mind showing off his body to whoever was interested, but he was just a smidge worried about being called some kind of pervert as he made his way to the gym leader. "yo! here to challenge the gym to a good one on one!" he hollered as he went further in, his confidence swelling up inside of him.

or it could just be his body temperature.

[attr="class","merrktagI"]

[newclass=.merrkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkI b] color: #ec4b99; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 8px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
i burn [g]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2019 3:06:33 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodygold"]
[attr="class","bodygoldt"]
[break]

Stormy is just finishing up with a small group of younger trainers, keen on learning the in's and out's of what being a fire-type trainer is all about, when she receives a ping on her mobile indicating a challenger had arrived.[break][break]

She glances over her shoulder just as the man approaches, shirtless and sweaty. She frowns a bit as the youngsters exclaim in surprise and grow visibly uncomfortable. She shoos them away, eager to get them out of the vicinity.[break][break]

"Is it too hot for you? That's a little concerning, considering it's only going to get hotter."

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold b] color: #DEA20C; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp] margin-left: -35px; margin-bottom: -40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Incinemask
he/him
pro wrestler
cadet
39 height
39 height
awards
119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinraboi
Shinra Redgrave
i burn [g]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2019 4:43:16 GMT
Shinra Redgrave Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

well the gaze of younger trainers was an unfortunate one.

shinra wasn't really trying to look like a...well...sweaty tourist. luckily for him the gym leader did approach him and reminded him that this gym was probably holding a lot more *hot* things inside of it. "oh don't worry," his face turned confident as he stretched his arm in a large circle and flexed it, "the heat never bothered me anyway. running around mt. chimney helps a lot with dealing with it. which means i can handle whatever you throw at me miss gym leader." he added a wink to that last sentence.

"what are ya rules. i'm ready to really work up a sweat if ya don't mind."

[newclass=.merrkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkI b] color: #ec4b99; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 8px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
i burn [g]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2019 21:48:52 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Stormy squints a bit at his response. The heat did actually seem to be bothering him, since his body was glistening with sweat and he had needed to take his shirt off in order to not be as uncomfortable. But if he was set on being unrealistically proud, then so be it. [break][break]

When he begins to flex and indicate how tough he is and how prepared he is for her challenge she smirks, somewhat impressed by how confident he seems to be.[break][break]

"Miss gym leader? How about you just call me Stormy."[break][break]

Shinra encourages the conversation onto the rules of her game and she waves a hand to the arena he's presently standing in. The hot springs are surrounding but otherwise protected by fencing and barriers that are set in place to prevent tourists and other customers from getting hurt. They are, however, able to see the battle. In fact, most tourists come out here in the hopes they spent good money on a hot spring bath and gym battle to watch.[break][break]

"Well, the rules are pretty straightforward since I like be traditional. I prefer double battles to see how you can control two Pokemon at the same time and work on strategy and cooperation. But really, I just want to see how hard you fight in order to beat me. You ready to come get this badge from me, pretty boy?"[break][break]

With a wink, Stormy would gesture for him to find his position on the field while she makes sure the youngsters she was training had gotten safely off of the field. Still, she waits for her challenger to produce his Pokemon instead of making the first move.

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Incinemask
he/him
pro wrestler
cadet
39 height
39 height
awards
119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinraboi
Shinra Redgrave
i burn [g]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2019 4:50:21 GMT
Shinra Redgrave Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

shinra smirked at stormy's words. "oh don't worry. i'll be sure to make it a good one. i'm really serious about beating all the gym leaders out there y'know. and your nothing but another stepping stone little stormy." reaching into his pockets he produced two pokeballs and opened them up, releasing his starmie and nidoking. a veteran and a newbie of his team, probably a perfect match for this battle if she was looking to see how he could do with cooperation. plus these two were probably the best ones to deal with a gym leader who put their gym in a very hot and humid place. "let me just say this, tag team matches are always something i wanted to do, so this'll be good practice."

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
i burn [g]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2019 14:41:54 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Stormy squints once again at the man's confidence. His chest practically swells as he speaks. She shakes her head in mild amusement and slight annoyance, but her face remains controlled and calm.[break][break]

"Good, good. You'd better not disappoint me now."[break][break]

The idea that she's nothing but a stepping stone is mildly disrespectful in the moment, but she glances over it without barely another thought. [break][break]

He releases two Pokemon, both of which she is quite familiar with back from her home region. One of which she has the female counterpart in her arsenal, albeit not fully evolved.[break][break]

The woman nods appreciatively, tilting her head and whistling. Wadjet and Sol appear not too far behind it, the fire-type Pokemon huffing and tossing her head in greeting and in passive aggressive dominance as she makes her way across the field to make eye contact with the Nidoking and Starmie.[break][break]

"I think I might already know the strategy you pose, boy. I'm flattered."[break][break]

Sol remains more passive and a little nervous. It's one of the few time's he's been chosen for a gym battle. Stormy lifts a hand to tickle his chin encouragingly, and his fear seems to melt away into relief.[break][break]

"Tag team matches are quite exhilarating."[break][break]

[attr="class","bodygoldp"]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

kodiak

Incinemask
he/him
pro wrestler
cadet
39 height
39 height
awards
119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinraboi
Shinra Redgrave
i burn [g]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2019 2:20:56 GMT
Shinra Redgrave Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

was he really that obvious? well he was coming into a gym regarded for flaming battles with a water and ground type. surely even the most novice of trainers would do the same thing wouldn't they? maybe he was just letting her words get to him. its alright, he'll beat them out of his head and into her ground as he wins this fight.

"only the best kind of challenge for someone like you. just don't think i'll let you think your fighting some common fourth rate trainer however. i am aiming to win." he gestured the two pokemon to get onto the field and let out their own roars (or bleeps in starmie's case) of readiness. "so what's the rule, challengers got the first move? or ladies first?" his hand swept out towards the field and her and an inviting smile accompanied him, an invitation to let her know that he was ready for whatever she threw at him.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
i burn [g]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2019 16:14:01 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Novice trainers would absolutely do the same thing, but it doesn't make it any less amusing. It's part of the reason Stormy has trained so hard, become so accustomed to trainers coming into her gym with Pokemon deemed effective against her arsenal. She's prepared.[break][break]

"I would be incredibly disappointed in you if you weren't aiming to win. Let's see what you've got."[break][break]

She nods towards him and her two Pokemon begin their approach. Wadjet has begun to pump her wings and lift her into the air. Her massive black body is almost camouflaged against the black rocks of bedrock and lavastone and the like that surround the area. The fog, the thick smog hangs on her wings when a breeze carries the ash and smoke from the mountains down.[break][break]

"I'm flattered, but you can take the first move. I'm waiting."[break][break]

Sol remains nearby, having not followed Wadjet into the sky. The small cloud Pokemon seems to be biding his time and waiting patiently.[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

kodiak

Incinemask
he/him
pro wrestler
cadet
39 height
39 height
awards
119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinraboi
Shinra Redgrave
i burn [g]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2020 17:55:33 GMT
Shinra Redgrave Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

"well if you insist. dervish hit them with earth power! starmie use swift!" he was going to show her that he was going for the win. and not just the win but an absolute victory and earn that next badge.

dervish began stomping like mad as he roared out, the ground underneath him beginning to crack and the cracks only started to slither their way towards the castform. as they did they began to glow and in the next instant sharp spires of earth shot out from inside the cracks ready to skewer the weather pokemon. starmie's attack was much less brutal in a way, its gem began to glow a bright white before a flurry of shooting stars exploded out, all of them aiming to strike at both stormy's pokemon in a hot pursuit.

+dervish used earth power on sol
    +starmie used swift on both sol and wadjet

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
i burn [g]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2020 16:28:22 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

The earth opens up as the Nidoking approaches, his feet slamming the ground with enough force to create cracks and spikes that strike from beneath Stormy's Pokemon's feet. Except, Charizard is too high in the sky for it to harm her, and she watches as Sol handles the attack.[break][break]

Just before the sharp spires could stab into his soft, cloud-like body, Castform seems to channel some unknown energy, and rain falls heavily from the sky. It dampens the earth and makes it soft, malleable - but Castform's body turns to liquid and he melts through the attack, arriving on the other side of it virtually unscathed.[break][break]

He spits out bits of rock and gravel in an adorable display of disgust. His rain dance continues to pelt the ground with ice cold rain.[break][break]

Wadjet bellows from the sky, but she doesn't seem bothered by the rain. Thanks to 's gym challenge, she was stronger than the rain. She had seen much worse.[break][break]

"Well done, Sol. Wadjet, retaliate."[break][break]

The swift slams both of her Pokemon, the shooting stars sparking against Wadjet's neck and chest and Sol's water droplet form. Stormy nods, encouraging Wadjet to take advantage of the lull in the battle.[break][break]

Wadjet approaches the Nidoking then, flying in close to effectively land her attacks. Her claws glow with intense draconic power as she lashes out with a dragon claw.[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

kodiak

Incinemask
he/him
pro wrestler
cadet
39 height
39 height
awards
119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinraboi
Shinra Redgrave
i burn [g]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2020 22:33:03 GMT
Shinra Redgrave Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

the rain pelting down managed to ease the humidity around them and let shinra's heated spirit cool off as he watched his strategy get decent results. the little cloud pokemon was pretty slippery, especially now that it was one floating water balloon that just squeezed past the earth power. luckily starmie managed to hit its mark with no problem, and really the only problem was the charizard that was coming right for dervish. the nidoking was all too happy to accept its challenge.

shinra not so much. "starmie! pin down that water balloon with some of that psychic power, dervish. give that lizard a taste of its own poisonous jabbing!"

the gem in starmie's center glowed as its psychic energy was released, the rain surrounding the castform suddenly freezing in midair before being blown away by powerful invisible energy with the weather pokemon in the center of the attack.

dervish took the dragon claw, letting out a loud roar as it felt it cut across his chest. however the display of pain was short lived as the nidoking rushed forward and pushed itself against the charizard, slamming one arm down to keep it low to the ground while bringing its other arm in an uppercut to its face. only this arm was coated in a purple acid that swirled around dervish's arm ready to leave some burns of its own on the fire type.

+dervish used poison jab on wadjet, tanks the dragon claw
    +starmie used psychic on sol

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
i burn [g]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2020 3:52:53 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Charizard meets the poison jab with a counter, and, while the attack in itself is not as effective as it could be had she been countering a Pokemon not nearly as strong as Nidoking, she manages to lock forearms with her opponent for a brief moment. She huffs, grunting in exasperation as she pushes off from her opponent. The pair break apart, her feet pressing hard into the ground as she slows her momentum. [break][break]

The rain makes her scales slick and her warm breath steam between her eyes.[break][break]

Thunder and lightning rumble in the rain clouds forming overhead, and the weather seems to turn even worse. A crack of lightning illuminates the sky and reflects in the glittery eyes of Stormy Silph. Her hair whips painfully against her cheek as Sol's tiny body trembles with power. He's so focused on conjuring his hurricane that he doesn't see the Starmie swelling with it's own unnatural power. His tiny body is thrown viciously across the ground and his watery form splatters against a rock.[break][break]

But it's the crack of lightning and thunder as it strikes between Wadjet and Nidoking (harmlessly), that gives Wadjet her edge. [break][break]

The thunder is deafening, the flash of light blinding as the sky continues to toss and roll with raw energy. The storm worsens as the hurricane rolls in. The wind whips and shreds, tearing up the ground and slamming everything with loose rocks and stones and debris. [break][break]

And Wadjet uses that deafening noise to cover up her air slash. She twists rapidly, forcing the wind into razor-sharp energy as she attempts to slash her opponent with wind energy that combines with Sol's hurricane as it rolls in to pick up the Nidoking.[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

kodiak

Incinemask
he/him
pro wrestler
cadet
39 height
39 height
awards
119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinraboi
Shinra Redgrave
i burn [g]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2020 18:21:18 GMT
Shinra Redgrave Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

a cross counter!

this was going to be a tough gym challenge no doubt. dervish managed to shake off the attack just fine until the wind started to pick up and he could feel small pebbles hit his hide as a hurricane was starting to form around him. starmie took the brunt of the storm as it was pelted with larger rocks and knocked back to the edge of the arena. it would have gone over the line if not for dervish seeing its double battle partner heading its way and moving to intercept its trajectory, catching it and setting on its two feet.

a thankful series of sounds came from the star pokemon before it felt itself nearly weightless again. and not just it but dervish too! the winds were so strong and they were caught off guard by the air slash that slammed into them that they were literally losing their footing as both of them rose a few inches off the ground.

their attention were focused on the opposing team, the charizard in particular, sure the castform was conjuring the winds but that one was the one taking advantage of it. and so both starmie and nidoking knew it needed to go down. blue lights formed around them, one inside dervish's mouth and another in starmie's gem, and both of them unleashed their attacks at the charizard. water sprouted form from starmie in a hydro pump that would surely douse whatever fighting spirit the flying lizard had while the cool chill of dervish's ice beam was sure to freeze it in its tracks as well.

+dervish uses ice beam on wadjet
    +both take the air slash and hurricane
    +starmie used hydro pump on wadjet

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
i burn [g]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2020 15:46:15 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

The hurricane seems to have worked. It separates Stormy's Pokemon from Shinra's. Wadjet spreads her wings to catch the updraft, to help her back into the air to make distance. Meanwhile, Sol begins to reform his splattered body, spitting stones from his jelly-like body as he repositions.[break][break]

"Well done. Very well done. Stay alert, Wadjet, Sol."[break][break]

Wadjet's eyes are keen as she watches the hurricane lift her opponents off the ground. The wind pulls and pushes at her wings, cuts at her scales, breaks her smoothness. But she's never really been smooth to begin with. [break][break]

And then she sees it, sees both of them charge up to hit her with a hydro pump and ice beam. She speeds up, performing a

dragon dance

reactively, using the balance of her tail to pivot in the air. This, along with the fact that the hurricane very abruptly dies, putting Nidoking and Starmie back on the ground, it seems that she'd dodged the

hydro pump

in exchange for her wings being caught and frozen with

ice beam

.[break][break]

Wadjet bellows in a rage as she crashes to the ground, unable to unfurl her wings and save herself. She plummets and Sol's form changes from a water droplet to a blazing sun. The torrent of rain immediately disperses as the sun comes out and the humidity rises tenfold. The dampness of the ground begins to evaporate and steam as Sol's incredible

sunny day

changes the weather once again.[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

kodiak

Incinemask
he/him
pro wrestler
cadet
39 height
39 height
awards
119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinraboi
Shinra Redgrave
i burn [g]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2020 21:27:30 GMT
Shinra Redgrave Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

as the flying lizard fell dervish was keen on finishing the job. however starmie stepping in front of the hulking beast despite its size managed to keep him from moving another inch as the nidoking's eyes were blinded by the sudden sunshine that spread across the field. as his vision returned to normal dervish tilted his head at the sight of the new looking sol. confused about what had just happened.

"c'mon don't gawk. let's hit 'em with another big one guys!" shinra called out to his team. the two of them cried out and launched their next attack. starmie used a familiar tactic that did some nice hits earlier in the fight as its gem began to glow again as it started with a swift attack, glowing stars firing off from its body to zone in on the opposing duo.

dervish locked his eyes on the downed charizard, his self proclaimed rival in this fight and charged at it once again. as it approached he leaped as much as his legs could lift him and he began to twirl into a rapid spinning motion as he aimed to slam his body into the fire lizard with a drill run and spear it on his horn.

+dervish uses drill run on wadjet
    +starmie used hydro pump on wadjet