[C] Been a hot minute

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[C] Been a hot minute
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2019 1:18:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
arceus on a popsicle-- 

did mother nature turn off the heater? she could have sworn that it wasn't this cold yesterday! heck! just this morning, she was walking through sweltering heat, finding it difficult to even walk around properly!

that was exaggerated, but she never was one for extreme heat or cold. it had to be just right. just the right amount of 'oh god' and 'oh hell'. it's the only reason why either became tolerable at some point. it wasn't fair to suddenly smack her in the face with snow! and wind! oh god, the windchill was definitely something else!

thankfully, slateport was just a bit cooler. just a bit cooler; it wasn't unbearable. so, like all adults, she did what she could to warm up. she stuck to the damn walls and heaters outside, only to eventually sit down on top of one of the grates where hot air was blowing out from. 

"ahhhh~" the young woman sighs, rubbing her mittened hands together. though there were the occasional passerby who gave her a puzzled expression (more who turned their kids away from the probably bad influence), she couldn't say she cared too much. that, and she was tired! and she didn't wanna walk into a store to be bamboozled by marketing! 

@valyx
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[C] Been a hot minute
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2019 9:54:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[googlefont=Lato]
[attr="class","unstabland1"]
[attr="class","unstabland3"]The sudden drop in temperature and the upcoming snowstorm reminded Morgan to grab a few necessities before it came, and that was exactly what he did today: Percocets and vodka, and a sandwich to get rid of the hunger. Maybe he'd lockpick into an earby hotel to stay for a few nights, lord knows his own hideout wouldn't exactly be warmed.

Upper Slateport was not where he would usually head out to, but prescription drugs were better given through legitimate cendors, a quick use of photoshop and a few electronically forged signatures was cakework for him. He handed in his fake medical card, took the medicine, and walked out the well-to-do pharmacy with a fresh bag of sweet nothing. He had been ready to walk back, when from the distance of his ears, he heard a familiar voice perk his ears.

Sitting in the middle of the sidewalk, on a well heated vent, at about the same height as he last remembered (which meant she didn't grow any taller, rip), was a young girl who most likely jsut turned twenty. Morgan paused in the middle of the road, stifling his breath for a moment as a wave of relief washed over him. They didn't arrest her. They kept the promise. He thought to himself, a ghost of a smile formed on the corner of his lips. Don't get involved. He thought to himself. Better for her that way, no connections, no fuss. He internalized, as he began to walk the other way.

Only, three steps in, he stopped, finding himself unable to take another step in the opposite direction.

A hand ruffled against Maple's hair, who had unfortunately, just been at the right height for him to mess with. It had been nearly a year, since he had last seen her. "Quite a scene you're making, Webster." Morgan's voice came out amused as he usually was around her. His yellow eyes barely tinged with the slightest hint of genuine emotion. "Come on, let's grab a coffee."

@maple
[attr="class","unstabland4"]
dandy ♫

[newclass=.unstabland1]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/YWOfung.png);width:400px;height:200px;[/newclass][newclass=.unstabland2]margin-top:-15px;margin-bottom:0px;border-radius:5px;background-color:#111;padding:5px;display:inline-block;font:10px Lato;color:#111;[/newclass][newclass=.unstabland3]margin-bottom:10px;height:250px;overflow:auto;padding-right:8px;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;color:#f1f1f1;[/newclass][newclass=.unstabland4]float:left;margin-top:15px;margin-left:-50px;border-left:200px solid transparent;border-bottom:35px solid #111;border-right:200px solid transparent;[/newclass][newclass=.unstabland3::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background:#111;[/newclass][newclass=.unstabland3::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background:#530600;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[C] Been a hot minute
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2019 17:18:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
bless the heater in town. just bless. 

she thoroughly enjoyed her time sitting on top of the crate. if she could, she'd have her pokemon to enjoy the heat with her. unfortunately, they'd probably scree at her sooner than they can realize where she let them out. so! for the time being, she stays sitting on the crate with a grin on her face as she enjoys the heat. 

then a hand goes 'plop' on top of her head. being the odd ball she was, she responded with a "bop" upon feeling the hand before she looks up to the jerk who dared touch her hair. but, glancing up, the feigned irritation was quickly replaced with subtle shock. 

like, she needed to do a double take. "morgan?" she asks, tilting her head while pulling the earmuffs from the top o her head. it's the only reason why she decided to stand up properly, dust off her leggings, and reach over to gently poke at his cheek. 

when she finally confirmed (read as, processed), a grin came to her lips and her first reaction was to jump up and (with very little regard, as usual) hugged onto him, while nuzzling her face against his chest. "arceus! it's been ages! not even saying hi before being a jerk--" she giggles, beginning to peel back.

@valyx

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[C] Been a hot minute
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2019 13:08:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[googlefont=Lato]
[attr="class","unstabland3"]"Hey hun," Came his reply, as her mild irritation went to genuine surprise. Morgan felt the side of his cheek poked by a slender finger, before snorting, "I'm not a ghost, alrigh-- Oh!" His usual back-and-forth with his favorite little hacker turned from tongue in cheek to genuine surprise as he felt all 4 feet and 11 inches of her to launch at him.

With just enough time, catlike reflexes, and finesse, Morgan managed to tuck his left arm under her hips to support her jump as he gracefully leaned back into a wall without as much as a single shock. Morgan felt her bury her face into his chest, and he wrapped his remaining arm around her back, his fingers scratching the back of her head. "There there." He spoke hushed, "I'm not going anywhere this time." Might as well Morgan, since you've already dived headfirst. He chastised himself. He knew about her struggles with people leaving her, and he had already committed it once, he wasn't going to do that again. At least, not after he himself was free.

He held her in his arms for a brief moment more, enjoying the feeling of being missed and her physical proximity, before slowly letting her back down again. "I know," Morgan said, a flash of guilt ran across his eyes for the briefest of moments as he looked into Maple's. "Didn't meant to either. But well... a lot's happened." He said, bringing his smile back. "Like I said, let's grab a coffee."

The cafe was nearby and in a quiet alley. The furniture, materials, and the coffee itself was clearly made for hipster coffee enthusiasts. But for the most part, Morgan liked it for its general peace and its ambient music that let him collect himself. Seating them in a quiet corner, Morgan ordered black coffee before turning his attention back towards Maple. "I saw you stream the other day." Morgan admitted, grinning, "You're getting more fans. How's life been treating you?"

@maple
dandy ♫

[newclass=.unstabland1]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/YWOfung.png);width:400px;height:200px;[/newclass][newclass=.unstabland2]margin-top:-15px;margin-bottom:0px;border-radius:5px;background-color:#111;padding:5px;display:inline-block;font:10px Lato;color:#111;[/newclass][newclass=.unstabland3]margin-bottom:10px;height:250px;overflow:auto;padding-right:8px;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;color:#f1f1f1;[/newclass][newclass=.unstabland4]float:left;margin-top:15px;margin-left:-50px;border-left:200px solid transparent;border-bottom:35px solid #111;border-right:200px solid transparent;[/newclass][newclass=.unstabland3::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background:#111;[/newclass][newclass=.unstabland3::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background:#530600;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[C] Been a hot minute
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2019 2:17:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she grins, then sticks her tongue out at him in a playful manner. "better not~" she responds, pulling back and holding her hands behind her back. unbeknownst to him (and probably a lot of other people, too, with how well she masked it), the words actually meant a lot to her. had she given herself a moment to let it properly sink in, she'd have given him a thoughtful and appreciative glance. 

but it's maple we're talking about. not even she'll give herself a moment to figure out what's going on in her head. 

she wasn't going to let herself face it, was she? oh, gods no. instead, she brushes it off, somewhat, with a pout. "aw, don't look at me like that~" she addresses his guilt with the same, light-hearted tone she always giggled in. "can't be helped if you get caught. but! that just means i gotta be more careful!" she tilts her head, slightly, while giving him a thumbs up. "right?~"

now.. coffee. yes, morgan, that would be a wonderful idea. either way, she properly tries to warm herself up in the slightly puffy coat of hers, and burying the lower half of her face into the woolen scarf she wore. when they get inside, she properly takes off her coat and scarf to properly revel in the proper temperature of the cafe. nice and toasty, but not way too hot~

while he ordered some coffee, she opted to get some hot chocolate with some cream on top - and peppermint shavings, because she did love her christmas theme menus!

"oo, you did?~" she asks, then giggles softly. "i've been trying to talk to more people over pokecord, too! i'd say it was fun, if it were less work and busy and more playing~" and, by working an busy, she meant both as meeting people and as hacking. but hey, she didn't need to say the latter. "what about you? what've you been up to? meeeet any nice people?~"

@valyx

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[C] Been a hot minute
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2019 16:09:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[googlefont=Lato]
[attr="class","unstabland3"]"Is that what you want? Chaos?" Morgan snorted. "I don't know Maple, I really fucking don't." Morgan said gripping his coffee.

"Act too nice, no one knows who you are. Make the wrong move, everyone despises you. If you're safe, you're boring. Too reckless, you're a pariah. Why do I gotta put up with this bullshit? No one ever expects shit from anyone else."

The coffee cup in his hand slowly scrunched tighter as his fingers gripped with physical force. Noticing this, his fingers relaxed, and a wave of apathy washed over his anger like a balm to a boil.

Morgan replied, his eyes focusing on hers. "Sorry, my bad." He turned to address her question. "I don't think so." He replied, cutting into her eyes with his gaze. "I'm just having a hard time trying to talk to you. I don't know if it's you or me."

@maple
dandy ♫

[newclass=.unstabland1]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/IZjcruc.png);width:400px;height:200px;[/newclass][newclass=.unstabland2]margin-top:-15px;margin-bottom:0px;border-radius:5px;background-color:#111;padding:5px;display:inline-block;font:10px Lato;color:#111;[/newclass][newclass=.unstabland3]margin-bottom:10px;height:250px;overflow:auto;padding-right:8px;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;color:#f1f1f1;[/newclass][newclass=.unstabland4]float:left;margin-top:15px;margin-left:-50px;border-left:200px solid transparent;border-bottom:35px solid #111;border-right:200px solid transparent;[/newclass][newclass=.unstabland3::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background:#111;[/newclass][newclass=.unstabland3::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background:#530600;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[C] Been a hot minute
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2019 4:30:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
what he would have seen, though he looked, was something of an opaque layer of happiness she so very often liked to put around her heart. even then, the genuine gleam and sparkle of amusement and enjoyment would have garnered more attention with how dazzling it was in comparison. 

she mulls his words over, then giggles with the same, bright expression. "agreed! but just a tad bit of chaos makes it interesting~" she leans forwards on her arms against the table; she really paid little mind with manners.

the brunette leans in over the table, just a tad, to get a better listen to how he'd answer, anyways. instead of chuckling as she usually would, however, she hums softly and shrugs. "eh.. you win some, you lose some~" her voice raises into a slight sing-song tune.

as she usually tried, she kept the radiant grin on her face before lifting her hands and making little jazz hands. "it's fine! you're trying your best!" her hands tilt just under her face, open palmed and spaced fingers. "you'll get there! slowly, but surely! i believe~"

she lowers her hands only to pick up the sweet cup on the table. there's a slight pause, and maple can feel herself narrowing her eyes to gaze at the side. it was a faint difference in her usual expression, and it was masked by the cup in her face. nevertheless, she maintains the chime and cheer in her tone. 

"peachy~" she chimes whole lowering her cup. maple tilts her head, almost puzzled and oblivious to what he was referring to. a feigned ignorance. "why do you ask?~ you look like i've something on my face~" 

@valyx
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[C] Been a hot minute
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2019 7:23:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[googlefont=Lato]
[attr="class","unstabland3"]"Is that what you want? Chaos?" Morgan snorted. "I don't know Maple, I really fucking don't." Morgan said gripping his coffee.

"Act too nice, no one knows who you are. Make the wrong move, everyone despises you. If you're safe, you're boring. Too reckless, you're a pariah. Why do I gotta put up with this bullshit? No one ever expects shit from anyone else."

The coffee cup in his hand slowly scrunched tighter as his fingers gripped with physical force. Noticing this, his fingers relaxed, and a wave of apathy washed over his anger like a balm to a boil.

Morgan replied, his eyes focusing on hers. "Sorry, my bad." He turned to address her question. "I don't think so." He replied, cutting into her eyes with his gaze. "I'm just having a hard time trying to talk to you. I don't know if it's you or me."

@maple
dandy ♫

[newclass=.unstabland1]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/IZjcruc.png);width:400px;height:200px;[/newclass][newclass=.unstabland2]margin-top:-15px;margin-bottom:0px;border-radius:5px;background-color:#111;padding:5px;display:inline-block;font:10px Lato;color:#111;[/newclass][newclass=.unstabland3]margin-bottom:10px;height:250px;overflow:auto;padding-right:8px;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;color:#f1f1f1;[/newclass][newclass=.unstabland4]float:left;margin-top:15px;margin-left:-50px;border-left:200px solid transparent;border-bottom:35px solid #111;border-right:200px solid transparent;[/newclass][newclass=.unstabland3::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background:#111;[/newclass][newclass=.unstabland3::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background:#530600;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[C] Been a hot minute
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2019 7:37:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
he had a change in tone. 

maple could pick this up; she wasn't stupid. contrary to the popular belief, she was observant and cunning all the same (it was how she never got caught; morgan of all people would have seen it come to play time and time again).

hence why, it wasn't difficult to detect the irritation in his words. the words themselves; even though she, personally, couldn't understand what he was referring to. even when she was probably one of the sociable ones on the team. 

in an attempt to help him snap out of it, she raises up in her seat to lean over the table. tilting her head, she gently snaps her fingers in his line of sight. thankfully, he composes himself shortly after and a smile returns to her lips. she sits back into her seat. 

and with a hum, she giggles and mulls his reply over. "... it's probably me." she says. though the smile is on her face, there's a glint of defeat that cracked through the facade she reinforced. "buuuut that's just me~. you know how i am!" and it worries her, that he still found it difficult to speak with her. if he didn't know her, he wouldn't be feeling they way he did. 

she picks up her hot cocoa, softly blowing across the surface. "and y'know--" she starts, turning her gaze up to him "it's fine to get angry. i get it, and i don't mind ranting~. people are tiring, standards are weird." she would know; it was a reason she liked to hole herself away. 

@valyx

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[C] Been a hot minute
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2019 17:01:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[googlefont=Lato]
[attr="class","unstabland3"]Morgan freezes for a moment as Maple speaks for him. "It's probably me." She says, but no, that wasn't it. In the half light of Morgan's eyes was a sliver of remorse, regret, shame.

A self-destructive cycle of borne from the attempt to adopt a persona to please everyone and the current inability to shape himself to others. Not even a close friend.

The fall of snow runs against his mind, the weight of a plastic bag filled with vice. The shivers of wind ran against his spine, pushing him forwards. A lone girl stands strangely in the middle of the sidewalk warming his hands for everyone to see. She's alone. Morgan thought to himself, I want to be there for her.

Well here you are, Morgan. Fucking up another life with your instability.

"You know Maple," Morgan began, calm, resigned to the loss of his former persona. "I honestly don't know what to say to that." He paused, thinking, "What do normal people say? How would you reply to standards being weird?"

@maple
dandy ♫

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[C] Been a hot minute
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2019 19:04:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
he's been through a lot. 

she doesn't know what exactly he's been through, but she knows that it wasn't pleasant. in spite of being held by the league, he was still the same morgan she'd always known; and if that were truly the case, she'd have an inkling to how much a mess he might have been. she shakes her head, pushing her own pity back to the pits of her stomach. 

instead, she smiles with her lips and her eyes. "you don't have to say anything" she responds, tenting her fingers together on top of the table. "you don't have to try so hard, all the time. it gets really tiring~" she chimes. 

and though she says that, she knows it isn't as simple as she makes it out to be. she mulls her words over again (she's a hypocrite; she knows how ridiculous she sounds and wishes she could take her own simple advice). 

"... at least, you don't have to be that way around me. if we start there, maybe it'll be easier talking to me? just a thought~" 

it was a feeble attempt to remind herself; she wasn't the only one lonely in any sense of the word. 

@valyx

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[C] Been a hot minute
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2020 14:29:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[googlefont=Lato]
[attr="class","unstabland3"]"Yeah," Morgan replied, agreeing with her sentiment quietly. He slowly released his grip on his coffee cup, moving himself over to her side of the seat.

Morgan laid his head down onto her lap, his eyes staring straight forward into the underside of the table. He would definitely get a weird glance from the other tables, but like most things, a passing interest would not distract most people.

His eyes stared straight forward at the backboard of his previous sofa, but his eyes were cutting distantly into some unknown foray of nothingness. "Feels like I'm alone, Maple." His words were barely audible, as if shame crept into him and muted his voice to prevent him from saying the words.

"It feels like everything I knew about myself wasn't true, and everything that I know about was a lie." Morgan turned his face from a side position to face down, looking into her eyes from her lap.

"How do you get back from losing everything? Including the idea of yourself?" Yellow orbs scanned hers, a twinge of sorrow in the otherwise expressionless face. "I can't control myself anymore."

@maple
dandy ♫

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[C] Been a hot minute
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2020 15:13:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
her eyes widen, slightly, when he feels his head against her lap. the young woman stares in silence, then quietly listens to what he had to say: even the quiet confession of loneliness. she pauses, mulling it over before putting the cup of hot cocoa down onto the table. a soft smile stretches across her lips as she lowers her hand to caress the side of his head. 

she doesn't know what to say about the loneliness, because she was no stranger to the feeling. she didn't feel like she couldn't say anything, without being a hypocrite herself. hadn't he been leaning on her like this, she'd take a bit to talk down on herself. being selfish during a time like this? unforgivable. 

but when was it ever different? 

he spoke quietly; she assumes he didn't want her to hear it. likewise, she doesn't address it. instead, she keeps it in the back of her mind with a soft smile on her lips.

"letting it out is a good reset button~" maple chimes, softly. she lowers her hand to press against her seat at the side. "... and i mean, you didn't lose absolutely everything." 

the young woman takes her hot cocoa, now cooled, and gently baps his forehead with the bottom of the cup. she lifts it, and gives a brighter smile. "you still got me, don't you? you don't--" have to be lonely, she was about to say. 

"... honestly speaking, i don't know," she admits, moving her hand from the top of his head to gently brush some of his hair away from the amber eyes of his.

"but i think a good place to start is trying to find a truth? start with the really small and things~" another chime, all whilst tilting her head. "like.. the coffee you had. it was good, right? did you like the flavour?" 

@valyx