awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
mountain at my gates
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2018 7:16:13 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar
she didn't mind the idea of visiting the castilla-somervile residence because she was, ultimately, curious how the wealthy live, but the idea grew into a cold little stone in her throat the higher the elevator went. she'd pulled out a pencil skirt and adult-looking blouse for this and hated her reflection in the mirrored walls even more.

the doors ping her arrival. persephone winces in pre-emptive shame.

@yiannis
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
mountain at my gates
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2018 7:43:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Oh, who do we have here?" Ian looks down at Persephone, grinning. "Malcolm told you where we lived? Are you also being invited over for dinner next week or nah?"

All of this could have been less awkward if Ian had not been wearing a bathrobe of fine Larvesta silk. He feels no shame. A man's home is his castle.

close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
my own blood pains me, the salt as much as the vein
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
mountain at my gates
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2018 7:51:45 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar
she shouldn't be surprised, so perse clamps her jaw firmly shut and looks at a point somewhere vaguely over yiannis' shoulder. unsure if he was joking, she smiled a faint somewhat plaintive smile.

"i'm not sure about that, mr castilla-somerville." or was she meant to call him councilman?

"i just have some papers from the shipyard for both of you, actually." without asking for permission ( faux pas ) she awkwardly heaved the stack of folders onto the impressive table.

@yiannis
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
mountain at my gates
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2018 8:08:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
ian is getting impatient. he clicks his tongue.

"i usually expect people to be looking at me when i'm talking to them." he ignores the stacks of folders. those are not the priority, not today. "you act like that around mal too?"

whatever. he's done teasing. he walks back into the living room and instructs the electronic assistant to turn the television on. the news blare in the background. he looks back at perse. "d'you want something to drink?"

close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
my own blood pains me, the salt as much as the vein
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
mountain at my gates
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2018 8:14:40 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar
malcolm is less of a bitch, she wanted to say, but instead continued smiling.

"sorry, councilman," perse said, trying her best to sound genuinely sorry. "it's just a lot to take in. the interior design is lovely." the sounds of the television in the background are a welcome distraction and she moves forward quickly at the offer as though to offer her assistance.

"some water would be nice, thank you." the news mentions something about the council members and perse inclines her head to listen closer.

@yiannis
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
mountain at my gates
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2018 8:41:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"thanks, mal planned it." he speaks to perse with more warmth than he has all day. instead of the decor, he's now thinking about how lovely his husband is. his vocational stresses melt away almost immediately.

ian goes into the kitchen area and makes himself a bloody mary with fresh tamato berries. he takes a bottle of mt. chimney spring water from the fridge. he brings both of their drinks to the coffee table and leans back into the couch.

"i heard you recently got promoted, kiddo. any big plans with your shiny new title?" ian pops an olive into his mouth.