6,434 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
summit [m]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2020 19:11:19 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"oh! something bright, but isn't fire?" kyle lets go of the controls for a while as he reaches for a pokeball on his holster. "i think i got that."

he pops the device open to reveal the fourth mightyena. it shakes its body, fluffing itself, once it is out of its ball.

"gigavolt havoc."

alpha releases an excited bark at the command, having not been given a opportunity to use the move often. the three other mightyena do not look as enthusiastic as him, glaring at him as they watch him start his move.

sparks accumulate around the mightyena, charging himself as he tries to find an enemy. "just light the place up," kyle follows up, sensing his pokemon's confusion. the wag on its tail tells kyle the mightyena understood, and he shows this through the light show.

a flash comes from the electricity build up. with no target to launch it, it fires straight up to the sky, creating a destructive beacon of light. the sheer force from the attack causes a shock wave that is felt by the pair of trainers, as well as their pokemon.

kyle realizes his mistake of not closing his eyes when he watches his mightyena perform it.

"fuck it! i'm deaf and blind now!." he turns to where he supposes orion was, an arm covering his eyes from the light. it was too late to do that to protect his sight, though. "boss, are you still alive?"

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
summit [m]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2020 23:09:05 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

[attr="class","orion"]

As a ranger, Orion's had a lot of experience with battling. He doesn't recognize the name of whatever move Kyle orders his Mightyena to execute.

"Gigavolt... what?"

Orion, too, makes the mistake of watching the mysterious move in action.

By the time he realises he should have averted his eyes, it's already too late. It's like staring into the sun, or stepping out of the house on a bright winter morning. He squeezes his eyes shut and can still see the brilliant flare beyond them, both arms coming up to wrap around his head in a futile attempt at a shield.

"Me?" He's not sure if Kyle's talking to him or the Pokemon, and an attempt to open his eyes leads to them automatically squinting shut. "I-I'm alive, yeah, just can't see for shit — what was that?"

He's more amazed than anything; who'd have thought that Mightyena could do that?

Blinking rapidly, eyes watering, Orion's vision comes back to him slow.

Orion's own ghosts have returned to their Pokeballs of their own accord, so he assumes that the wild ghosts would also have fled from the glaring bright.

notes:
asdfghjk i love this, also page 2!

mission

[newclass=.orion] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b] color: #9e76b1; [/newclass]
[newclass=.orion i] color: #9e76b1; font-style: italic; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,434 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
summit [m]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 5:11:13 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"it's gigavolt havoc!" he answers loudly, still too deaf to control the volume of his voice. "it's a z-move. kinda neat, huh?"

kyle continues to rub his eyes with a closed fist until he realizes that his pokemon switches modes when not in danger. he grumbles under his breath as he starts with the most problematic one.

"don't you wander off!" kyle quickly reaches a hand forward to where he last saw alpha, fingers feeling the end of his tail and then yanking it towards him. it forces a yelp out of the mightyena, but kyle pays it no mind.

"bravo, stay! echo, i swear to arceus... charlie, get echo!" it feels weird to shout their name one by one, being used to just collectively calling them 'boys' or 'dogs'.

kyle can't let them walk around blindly at the peak of mt. pyre with their senses robbed. he spent so much time training them and money trying to keep them alive that he can't afford letting them fall off a cliff.

he grumbles and then sighs before turning back to orion, eyes squinting as he slowly recovers.

"that takes care of them until sunrise, right?"

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
summit [m]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2020 2:42:20 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

[attr="class","orion"]

Orion, who hasn't ever heard of such a thing, would have responded with a blank stare. Would have, if he could see.

"Z-Move, huh?" he says instead. "Definitely seems powerful. Maybe I should look into that..."

He'd have thought it would be calm when he regained his vision, but Orion blinks away stars to see Kyle's dogs running amok. It's equally hilarious and pathetic to witness such powerful creatures stumbling around, every bit as blind as their human companions.

Orion takes a moment to check on the Pokeballs at his belt: one fainted, the rest fine. Not a bad turn out, and certainly better than expected. He knows that's Kyle's doing, and shoots him a grateful look.

"It should do. That was bright enough you might've tricked them into thinking the sun was rising." He laughs at the thought. "We should hang around for a bit just in case... and finish that match we were in the middle of! But I don't think they'll trouble us again."

notes:
we can end it here or w/ your post! ty for thread :heart:

mission

[newclass=.orion] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b] color: #9e76b1; [/newclass]
[newclass=.orion i] color: #9e76b1; font-style: italic; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,705 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
summit [m]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 8:48:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy, 3 lucky letters, honedge (orion), rotom (kyle).[break]egf bonus: 15 pd
[break]