awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Fight Ice With Ice
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2020 8:45:11 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Ha, ha, you'd be surprise," she mention at Annie's question only the trail off in embarrassment as she recalls some of their incidents in the past. "He's a bit stricter than the other Gym Leaders for sure but I think he told me that Gyms in his old region used to operate like this. I think he just tries to run it like a business but I can't complain when it pays well for easy work," she laughs again, this time giving Annie a little wink before pressing the enter key one last time.

"The ice challenge it is!" She moves her mouse a few times and clicks here and there before nodding at Annie. "You're too kind. I didn't do anything special. Well, good luck Annie! I'll be watching your battle from over here." She points at the flat screen television behind her desk that shows several highlight clips of past battles on repeat. All of them take place in various arenas from high publicized battles however one clip cuts back to the Battle Frontier. 's Mightyena can be found strangling Fernando's Pokemon in a frenzy of ghastly hands before it cuts to the next scene.

"Your match will start in five minutes. Go down this hall and make a right. Keep going straight until it splits off again. Make a left and it'll take you to the correct room. If you forget you can look down each hall, the one that leads to a room with glass windows is the one you're looking for!" The receptionist points to the hall behind her desk and for the first time someone will take a path beyond just going straight past the receptionist's desk.

"I hope you have a fun match and I hope you win too!"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Fight Ice With Ice
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2020 10:04:26 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","anniepost"]
Tagging:
A strict businessman. Annie didn’t know much about business, but she knew that her and authority wouldn’t play well for long. Thankfully, she wouldn’t need to – if all went to plan, she’d take her badge and be out of their hair within the hour. “Can’t blame you there! What I wouldn’t do for an easy job right now… “ Or any job that paid, but the receptionist didn’t need to hear about that.

“Kindness is what I’ve got the most of. It’d suck if I didn’t at least try to share it with everybody else.” Her smile grew from ear to ear as she took a step back. The battle screen was given a few moments of her attention – just long enough for her to see a poor Pokemon being choked out – before she set her mind back on track. She listened to the lady’s instructions, nodding along with each line, and yet something about her stupid smile made it clear that she’d get lost at some point.

“Right! Got it,” she lied. “Thanks again for everything, miss! I’m gonna go and kick some butt!” She waved her farewell to the woman and took her leave, humming a little ditty to herself as she went. The receptionist would likely hear it stop soon after she walked down the hall, at the exact moment that she realised she’d forgotten where to go. Right, right? Right.

After that, she drew a blank, but at least she remembered to look for the glass windows! It was a good thing she had five minutes before the match started, because she spent three of those roaming back and forth, finding the right door. What would she find on the other side of it?
[attr="class","wizzcred"]
wizz

[newclass=".anniepost"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost i"]font-style:italic;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Fight Ice With Ice
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2020 10:22:08 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Behind the glass is another small room filled with thick winter jackets of varying sizes. They're all hung and free for challengers to take although there are no direct instructions to take any. Annie will have to make an assumption that she'll need it, at least until she peers at the only other door in the room. The door itself is steel and cold to the touch with a window near the top half that lets her peak inside.

Inside is an arena fit for ICE type Pokemon. Mechanical snow blows from the vents and the field is ices over with several outcrops standing tall to serve as obstacles. The weather inside in controlled and upon further examination the field mimics a HAIL effect that'll prove hard to alter considering the room itself is artificially controlled. Should Annie step inside, she'll immediately feel the freezing temperatures that keep the room around -17 degrees celsius.

Near the challenger's position is a small machine not unlike the one encountered during her own challenge. It's several tubes lined up with an average adult's chest level, similar to pitching machines found in Unova for their baseball games.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Fight Ice With Ice
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2020 11:59:02 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
It was a treasure hoard. Annie doesn’t even need to be told once to grab a jacket for herself. She’d gone much too long without winter clothes, especially ones that fit, to pass up the chance to feel warmth again. In short order, she was feeling snug in ‘her’ new jacket, the oversized scarf and gloves, and her backpack on top. If only she had a cool hat to match…

She couldn’t dwell on that! The fight was going to start any moment, and she couldn’t set a bad first impression with tardiness. The girl dashed around and stepped into the arena. Or rather, her section of it. Glass-like walls separated her from the winter wonderland within. Judging by the hailstorm within, she wasn't about to complain about the dome, but she wondered if her Pokemon would appreciate the cold.

Which wasn't to say that she was enjoying herself in the dome, mind you. It wasn't going to freeze her hands off, but she'd had more than enough of the cold without gym leaders making challenges out of it. Gloved hands stuffed themselves inside her pockets as she stepped up to her podium, trying to make sense of the contraption. Was it a device for releasing Pokemon? Seeing as held exclusive access to the arena, she had to assume so. Would the machine take Pokeballs? There was only one way to find out.

She tried inserting a pair into it, releasing Glimmer and Bastion into the arena. If the machine wouldn’t take them, she’d send them out herself. Glimmer may have been an ice-type, but for a Pokemon that'd only known Hoenn's winters, the cold was on another level. The early start gave the aberrant Ninetales time to acclimatize, curling up on the floor to try and get comfortable. Bastion, on the other hand, immediately withdrew into his shell; muffled complaints could still be heard by the rest of his team.

“I know, I know, I’m feeling the bite too. We’ll heat up during the fight, promise! You guys have got this. We've got this.”
She forced a smile on for her battlers. The stage was set on their side for a battle, but on the other end of the arena…

wizz

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Fight Ice With Ice
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 9:53:52 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] The Pokeballs will find no purchase within the machine. It's been set up ahead of time and when Annie tries to tamper with it the automation comes alive. It rumbles slightly at first and settles into a routine buzz. The PA system comes online as well, announcing to the challenger that the match is about to begin.

"Welcome to the Battle Frontier! Today's challenge will be the Type Focused Challenge: Ice! The rules for the challenge are as follows: this will be a match format of the user's choosing with a minimum of three Pokemon used. State your format and confirm your selection when prompted."

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Fight Ice With Ice
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 11:59:18 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
The vibrations froze her hand, and the announcement turned her head here, there, wherever the speakers were hiding. Funnily enough, it was her second gym battle with an announcer, but at least she’d been able to see Balder’s. Narrowed eyes betrayed her brief confusion, but she picked herself up in short order.

“This’ll be a double battle, with four Pokemon in total.” She gave the voice two seconds. It may not have been freezing in the room, but the climate and the trouble she’d gone through to get that far had her tapping her foot. “…Confirm?”
wizz

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Fight Ice With Ice
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2020 8:12:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Match format selected: four Pokemon in a double battle. Please prepare your Pokemon the challenge will start soon."

And soon enough meant within the next few seconds. With an audible pop, two Pokeballs are launched several feet in front of the machine. They crack open in unison and in their place is an Aurorus and Froslass. Together, they stand on their side of the field, waiting for the challenger before acting on their own accord.

The Froslass seems to disappear the longer it remains on the field. Manufactured snow circulates within the room, stimulating the effect of HAIL on the battlefield. Such harsh weather makes it easy for the ice type Pokemon to blend into the background with SNOW CLOAK.

The not so hidden Aurorus stomps its feet eagerly, coating itself in a LIGHT SCREEN with heavy expectations.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Fight Ice With Ice
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 22:12:53 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]With every word, it became clearer that the gym leader had gone all out with the ice theme. A mechanical voice only added to the cold, much to Annie’s chagrin. No chance for introductions, or anybody to spout smack talk to. A frown started to take hold of her face, but it faded once the gym Pokemon took the stage.

At first glance, there were at least two conditions for her to take advantage of. With that in mind, her first Pokemon was a no-brainer. Glimmer’s Pokeball was slotted into the machine, assuming that it finally allowed her to do so. Her hand hovered over Bastion’s Pokeball, but the Light Screen gave her pause. Another was better suited for the job, and so Blitz joined the battle.

It almost seemed too easy. A smirk showed itself, mostly because she knew – hoped – that the machine couldn’t use it against her. “Glimmer, can you hear me? Get that Aurora Veil going.” A Pokemon with Snow Warning had no trouble adjusting to the Hail, or using it to her advantage, as her barrier showed. “Blitz, just hold tight for a second… But I bet you know how this is going to start.” The Weavile didn’t need to turn to face her; she could hear his cocky smile when he called his name.
[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread b]font-weight:bold;color:#cb4335;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.anotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Fight Ice With Ice
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2020 4:50:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Once Fernando's own Pokeballs had been ejected, the machine's opening unlatches and allows Annie to place in her own Pokeballs. Naturally, she could've thrown them out herself but the added novelty of having them ejected in the same manner isn't something dissuaded against. Nothing really happens until her Pokeball are fired, each landing on her own side of the field.

"Battle routine set."

Fernando's voice counts down the battle from the PA system. Annie's barely given a moment to plan out her commands before the match comes to a pressing start. Her AURORA VEIL covers her end of the field just in time for the match to officially begin.

"EXECUTE."

Several WILL-O-WISPS materialize amidst the HAIL and they pool into sizable fireballs before launching forward and toward the Ninetales. The Aurorus is about attack as well but is interrupted by a robotic voice.

"ENCORE."

The machine makes its own commands based off its analysis and the Pokemon stops short of using an ICE BEAM in order to obey. Instead, the Aurorus flickers its tail against the ground repeatedly, making an echoed thumping sound, as the Aurorus projects a bright light toward the Alolan Ninetales.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Fight Ice With Ice
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2020 8:57:11 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"][player]http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/v1ojzydzca/11._xxx_Strategy.mp3[/player]
An unseen foe set her Pokemon alight, drawing out Annie’s frown mere seconds into the match. She could hazard a guess at what move would follow, seeing as Glimmer knew it herself, but she couldn’t stop the attack if they couldn’t even see its caste-

A robotic command widened her eyes. “Blitz, cover!” All too eager to show how he’d earned his name, the Weavile ran and dived to take the ‘hit’ for his ally. Patience had paid off for them; he regained his footing, unaffected. Annie knew better than to give the Aurorus a second chance.

“Brick Break on Big Blue.”
He took off again, claws charged with white energy as he ran to the dinosaur. While he moved to smash through its defences, Annie set her gaze on Glimmer again. If they couldn’t see the enemy, then there was only one move to use. “If we’re starting a light show, then... Glimmer, Dazzling Gleam on your side!”

The flames, having died down to persistent embers upon her body, couldn’t stop her from returning fire. Flickers of light heralded a blinding blast of light expanding from her body. Rainbow bolts shot out from it, seeking to slam into whatever hid in the hailstorm. It wouldn’t stretch as far as to reach Blitz (and the Aurorus by extension), as per the trainer’s command, but if the Froslass was hiding elsewhere…

[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Fight Ice With Ice
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2020 3:41:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]The ENCORE hits Annie's Weavile but the attack does not let up. The flow of battle waits for no one. The moment the ENCORE is enacted the Aurorus is already preparing its next attack. It plants its feet into the ice and braces for the inevitable attack. Blitz approaches and when it enters striking range the Aurorus is ready. It doesn't quite connect with BRICK BREAK just yet, still in the motion of physically striking, but it's close enough to get tangled in the Aurorus' THUNDER WAVE. Electricity crackles all around the Pokemon as it discharges the THUNDER WAVE around it, striking at anyone who within a few meters of it, which at this point includes her Weavile.

The DAZZLING GLEAM is a piercing light in the darkness of the room's artificial environment. The Froslass is revealed for a moment as its momentarily blinded. It floats further away from the Ninetales to gain some distance and retreats back into the depths of the constant HAIL. Rather than rely on its previous attack, its flames turn darker and shift to purple, a much less invasive and noticeable blight compared to the brighter hues of WILL-O-WISP. The HEX manifest loosely around the Froslass' position before homing in on Ninetales, its mystic energies feeding off its BURN.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Fight Ice With Ice
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 21:54:25 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"][player]http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/v1ojzydzca/11._xxx_Strategy.mp3[/player]
Blitz doesn’t back down. He was too deep in to dodge the strike, and so he kept up his strike in spite of it. If luck was on his side, the Brick Break would land itself on the Aurorus. Good thing, too- Annie’s attention was elsewhere, watching and waiting for-

There it was – the flames of a move Annie and Glimmer knew much too well. Flames she knew couldn’t be seen again. It was much too early in the match for them to be taking risks, but an invisible enemy left them with little options. “Disable!” Could the move even hit an enemy that couldn’t be seen? She had no idea, and judging by the twitch in her Ninetales’ eyes, neither did she… But that moment was as good a time as any to find out. The flames gave an approximation of the enemy’s location, if only because of her familiarity with them… Psychic rings floated through the air and to the spot they hoped the Froslass lay.

Such an attack couldn’t come without a cost; there wasn’t enough time to Disable future uses and dodge the current one. Try as she might to leap above the flames, the Hex mostly found its mark, setting the snow fox alight all over again. When her paws touched the ground again, it was with a light stumble. Annie felt no need to hide a look of concern from the machine, however brief it might have been.

[attr="class,"divide"]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: 25 or under means that the Brick Break fails!

laBLink_
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Fight Ice With Ice
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 20:37:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] It's by no means an easy battle but Annie's distinct advantage knowing her possible opponents before is the decisive factor. The challenge's premise is to utilize the Pokemon's full potential in its ideal environment. The obvious choice is to pick a super effective type to abuse the known list of possible Pokemon, and with that in mind, Fernando's aptly prepared. In the reverse situation, it's up to his personal interference to turn the tides of battle.

Luckily, Annie faces modified AI. It cannot match the rising star and succumbs to her Pokemon. She'll find the Silph Badge up front alongside a congratulations and stamp in the Battle Frontier Hall of Fame.

DEFEAT