Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2020 18:36:50 GMT
noah faber Avatar

he isn't sure he can behave. the action lingers on his mouth, tingling with the effervescence of a moon landing. for noah has leapt from his planet countless times. braving the distance, making mistakes along the way- or landing wrong. yet, he'd do it all again. over and over, the spectacle does not grow tiresome.

"oof," after being pushed, noah sprawls out on the cold concrete path.

he relishes in the feel of rough street, the small peaks and shards of an uneven pour that touch his exposed skin. dreamily, noah looks into the stars. a small infinity for himself taken before he grabs their dirtied kyle plush from the ground.

as noah hears the door click open, he lifts himself up. he brushes off detrius from his clothes, little pebbles scattering from his knees.

he wonders if he should put his sandals back on, but opts not to. they dangle from his fingers like empty liquor bottles. "most behaved man in the world coming through. clear the way."

he sings as he passes the home's boundary.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,409 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2020 18:54:50 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
his room is a few stairs up, but with his mind busied with noah and his shenanigans for the day, he doesn't notice that they have reached his unit already. the key fits, clicks, and opens.

the corridor that connects the apartment unit entrance and the living room is filled with pictures on the wall, some of them form his childhood and most of them from his johto trip. a lot of them were candid pictures, most likely taken by kyle without his friends' consent.

other memorabilia from his childhood lay on a drawer, with the collection of gym badges he earned neatly placed on a cork board of all places. other trinkets that hoarders have, like old metal bells and such, were displayed as well.

a battle station, similar, if not more impressive, than the one he has on verdanturf, is displayed on his living room, taking up most of the space.

kyle goes straight to his fridge as soon as he gets home. "you, uh, want something?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2020 0:28:11 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah may have seen nicer homes, nicer places, but such standards are arbitrary imaginings. a home, no matter how modern, how well-designed, is bare until it is lived in. he readjusts his yukata and sets his sandals by the door.

inside, noah is careful not to step ahead of kyle. he allows the man to guide. heaven knows he wouldn't let anyone else just bust into his own place.

within the living room, he traces kyle's eye throughout the years. what he has cherished and given significance with a photo. he notices a few faces. some that pop up time and time again; he wonders when he'll be on there too.

"if you have any o-j, i'll take a glass if that's okay!" noah says. "nice setup by the way. i'm jealous."

nearby, noah can sense the taunting weight of gym badges as they dangle from cork. he ignores them, instead paying mind to the odd collection of baubles and trinkets.

"what are these little bells for?" noah calls out, peering at them curiously. he scratches his legs through the tight material of his black shorts. the cold air of their race remains on his skin. "probably not dog toys..."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,409 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2020 4:01:52 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"that's, uh, classified info or something."

he chuckles. the way he dismisses it suggests kyle being too lazy to just give a proper explanation despite the truth behind his words. besides, it's not like the bells were relevant now.

he grabs the carton of juice from the fridge and pours a glass for noah and another for himself. he holds one by the rim and nudges it to noah's direction while the other one remains in his other hand.

"question two."

kyle move it away from his reach if noah tries to grab it. "are you looking for something casual, or are you serious about this dating thing? cause i'm fine either way." he doesn't dabble in relationships for the sake of having them, but then again, he hasn't been in one to be a judge of it.

he drinks on his glass while he waits for an answer.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2020 4:56:29 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"classified info?" noah peers at the oddities, his curiosity intensified by who they belong to. "that's pretty hot."

he hears the sloshing of juice filling glass. noah's parched. his mouth is dry from having raced through slateport streets, and from their kiss. noah glides to the kitchen, smile first. his outstretched hand paws air, missing cold glass in favor of startling emptiness.

noah blinks his blues, pouting as his fingers curl back. the question that follows makes his toes curl too. blushing furiously, he hears his heart beating against the walls of his chest, begging to burst.

"k-kyle, i," noah swallows dryly, the bob of his neck conspicuous and deliberate, "i... i want you."

he stammers, thoughts on heated tightrope. he laughs. nervous flutters threaten his fall.

"i want you almost as much as that orange juice... but no jokes. i wanna be serious. like, serious with you. for as long as i can. for as long as you want."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,409 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2020 5:12:04 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he somewhat expected this answer, but he did not expect him to word it the way he did.

"h-here! t-t-take your orange juice! quench your thirst with that!"

he pushes the glass towards noah, hands shaking. some of the juice spills on his hand as his nervousness show. flushed, he attempts to hide the redness of his face with a long sip of his juice.

it doesn't work, however, as his face still burns from the intense blushing.

"o-okay, how about this? l-let's say i get kicked out of the elite four. how does that change your opinion of me?"

noah approached him exactly because he was a member of the elite four after all. he concludes that it's the root of his fascination towards him and everything tumbles down without it. kyle cannot exactly say that though.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2020 5:53:13 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah takes the glass, the juice unable to settle. he pays no mind to the spillage. he's used to it. used to kyle's clumsiness- but he could never get used to the stutters transpiring on his handsome face. he loves every single nervous tic. documents every candid quirk. holds it close in memory.

but he's not immune to his own blooming. noah takes the cup, fearful that his sweaty hand will melt the glass. his original thirst subsides, and another hunger returns.

"kyle." noah sets the glass on the counter. breathing shakily, he escapes to the living room and plucks a photo from the wall.

"you're not a persephone, a bailey."

he flashes a photo of a dragon-fanged man as he returns.

"or a mateo... ugh, this sounds so stupid sappy, but... you're just you and i like that. okay?" noah sucks in the slowest breath. quietly, he places the photo by his glass. "i love that."

noah clenches his fists, unfurling his fingers back and forth. his palms throb with pain in their centers. "i've opened myself to you and... if you'd have me, the loser nobody with no gym badges... i'll be yours! forever! okay?!"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,409 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2020 7:33:08 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he drinks his entire glass in one go, placing it just beside where noah placed his once he finished. he finds himself unstable and shaking in noah's presence, but he tries his best to remain his composure.

his hands take the picture from him, staring at it wistfully. "you have a weird taste in people, noah." his chest feels heavy, unsure on how to process everything. this wasn't his thing, and he wasn't sure if it can ever be.

"i mean, you homed in on me. i don't think you knew anything about me outside of what's publicized. i just thought..."

kyle can't bring himself to finish the sentence. any other iteration he has on his head was demeaning. he wears an awkward smile, before giving in to an exasperated sigh. he places the picture at the counter and twiddles his thumbs.

"i know i asked this before, but why me? like, you looked too certain about your choice even before he got to talk and..."

kyle is ready to be embarrassed he tries to think of his quirks that people find appealing. he grows read preemptively just from asking the question. his finger tugs part of his bangs closer to his face, hiding his shame in the blanket of hair.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2020 8:01:49 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"sure, maybe it might've started out like," the shells of noah's ears become pink-skinned, "a celebrity crush. maybe it started because you're really good looking—but that's how it usually is, right?"

noah gulps, his throat dry and painful as if it has staples clawing down its walls. he takes his glass, the cold reminding him of his other body parts. in the tempest of his emotions, he can only feel the heat on his face and the molten beats of his heart.

he takes a hearty swig. lips line with the slightest color of orange.

"so... yeah, i just think... after the little bit of time we've had," noah's words slip between unsteady breaths. tucking his head to his shoulder, he averts his gaze, hiding his own self with the swaying of his bangs in mirrored action, "that this was supposed to happen. you already know, but like, i put my sights on things... and i don't do them. but you're the first time it's ever worked out."

he peels his head back, the blush on his cheeks heavy, oppressive. it weighs his face, his meek countenance angled softly to the floor. yet, his eyes stay level with kyle's.

"maybe i'm just lonely?" noah croaks and he rubs his neck. "aw fuck. sec'." he turns away and pulls a hand to his face. when he swings back, his eyes are pink and watery. "a-anyway, i just can't think of anyone else nowadays even if you're 'reckless' and 'bland.'" a joke, of course. each laughter floats opposite to such words.

"for the first time since coming to hoenn, i think i'm finally okay. thanks to you."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,409 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2020 9:58:01 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he places his hand to the back of his neck, rubbing it vigorously as he fights the emotions welling up on him. no amount of preparation gets him actually prepared of what comes out of noah.

kyle fights it by placing his palm on noah's face, his thumb and his index finger positioned on his temples, squeezing them.

"don't say all of that and then cry." he flashes a stern glare at noah, though his vision of his face would be obscured by his palm. it eventually eases to his usual, neutral one, too red to function properly. along with his expression, his grip loosens.

his eyes wander around the room, unsure on where to concentrate them. noah leaves him wordless. there's so much to process and kyle doesn't have anything else to respond to it. it feels unfair that he cannot say anything back, moreso when he sighs instead.

"we're working on your gym challenge too, don't forget." he places his hand on his forehead, sweeping his hair back as he tries to think more clearly. he shifts his head to the side, unable to look noah in the eye.

"a-and thanks. it was getting kinda boring now that rocket's gone until you came, so..."

he grumbles, not willing to finish it.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2020 10:49:58 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah allows himself to be palmed. his nose squashes underneath the other's hand, eliciting a clipped snort. the pinching hurts- but it vacuums the tears back into their ducts. it feels good, noah quietly admits. to be smothered in this way.

once kyle's hold loosens, noah shakes free like a dog relinquishing its leash. he retakes breath, and freshens his face. the shift to duty is jarring. like switching from a soap opera to a broadcast of an auction house. after his deluge of emotion, the faucet is closed tight. he doesn't mind. he's glad it's over in a sense, saving himself from further embarrassment.

noah's sniffling is earsplitting in the vacuum of silence of kyle's indecision, "okay, gym challenge, right, which is serious. just like you and me, yea?" he had to confirm, in case he had misheard.

"then, let's make it even funner." noah says, bright with his affections. his gaze falls heavy on kyle's form, like crescents seeking secrets. "starting tonight! any ideas? i got some."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,409 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2020 11:20:21 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"w-what?" he places a hand over his face, not wanting to show his fluster to noah, who he knows is willing to take advantage of it. he grumbles, scratching the back of his head again. "i'll let you know my answer if you actually get a badge, okay?"

it wasn't a matter of trust for noah to actually hold his end, but a matter of stalling. as much as kyle stalls out battles, he stalls out a response for noah as well. uncertainty lingers, but moreso for his subconscious desires rather than what he thinks he thought he wants.

the suggestiveness of noah's suggestion gets him nervous. a bead of sweat rolls from his temple as thinks of letting noah speak his mind and falling for it again. he fights the temptation, and talks first.

"help me choose a yukata. i kinda want to wear one too after seeing you wear one."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2020 12:35:14 GMT
noah faber Avatar

motivation comes quick to noah as quickly as it fades. and yet, this time, the suspense ties him with the yarn of yearning. perhaps, it's his naivety that allows him to tugged along without an actual answer. he's blind to the possibility of his heart being denied.

but perhaps, to fall in love as deep as one would want to, one must risk the possibility of such absolute brokenness. noah nods and a sigh lands by his feet. he is resigned to the ultimatum, which is wrapped tight around kyle's closed fist.

kyle's suggestion comes gently to his ears.

"yeah? looks good on me right?" noah grins. he poses a little, the fabric loose and flowy above his bare collarbones. "i like how free it feels." noah pulls back a flap of the robe, with an impish look. quickly, he reveals his black boxer shorts, fanning cold air in before concealing them again with a snicker. "no pants! the best feeling in the world."

he moves up to kyle, awaiting his lead.

"you should've worn one today, man!" noah says. "we can choose one and take a pic after, okay?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,409 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2020 16:16:04 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
boxers...

he finds himself staring at the general area longer than he thought he would be before raising his sights back to noah's eye level. he keeps on a neutral facade, silently hoping he wouldn't catch onto it. noah's words before shutting him up with his grip rings on kyle's head. maybe he's the lonely one.

"t-that's why i'm doing this." he takes his phone out and checks its battery before returning to noah. "and yeah, sure. why the specific request?"

kyle finds the request weird, since noah never asked for anything besides a date. he shrugs the idea off and proceeds to walk straight to his bedroom before giving an impromptu tour of his unit. it was large enough for just kyle, but ultimately, it's a living space for a single person.

he points at the large space with the intricate gaming station. in front of them with the phone on his hand. "living room." and then to its left. "bathroom. closet." he pockets his phone afterwards before entering the room with an already open door. "bedroom."

kyle turns to noah briefly. "d-don't expect much, okay?" hearing the words 'celebrity crush' suddenly got him nervous to show him around, after all.

kyle enters and goes straight to his room's closet to rummage for a yukata, leaving noah to follow along as he pleases. inside was a messy room that contrasts the rest of his apartment.

his bed wasn't made. novels and comic books were stacked beside the bed. weights were shoved on the corner. a pile of dirty clothes stood on a chair. a bunch of chargers were attached to a power strip occupied the outlet. more pictures were pinned on a cork board on the wall.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2020 23:16:20 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"just thought it might be nice to have one up in your living room."

noah's scratches the nape of his neck, leaving hot scrapes underneath his fingernails. a selfish request, like all of his were. he realizes this and scratches a little harder.

he's drawn to each location. as if he were the most studious pupil, noah inscribes each room by the ink of kyle's voice. in his home, it takes on a particular timbre. one that is real. one that is tangible.

in light wisps, laughter tiptoes off his lips. nervously, nervously, noah sees the shape of the gap between door and frame touched with wonder and all provocation.

"i'm not!" noah says. "you should see my room. it's... nevermind, maybe you shouldn't."

noah waits, sitting on the bed. he peers over at the comics, the chairdrobe, the weights. it's as if he's at home, every possession of his here, but in different places. his hands glide over the unmade sheets, sucking up the cold.

"you got more than one yeah?" noah calls out. the corkboard photos catch his eye, his peering over at them as he offers suggestions, "have a dark-colored one? think that'd be good... just let me know when you're changing so i know when to look."