2020 is just another 2019 [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2020 18:04:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","pierce"]

It’s a new day in a new year… Normally, he’d feel giddy at the prospect, but this was the first time he’d spend this holiday away from home and away from his family and friends. Thinking back on his life back in Galar and his obsession with the Gym challenge there, he’s feeling lost now more than ever. Change – that’s something he desperately needs.

A few days before the New Year, he looked down at his general attire with a frown on his face. This wardrobe was something that he carried with him all the way from Galar and he hadn’t added anything new before he left. Realizing that he hadn’t done much, he’d figure that it’d be a good opportunity to splurge a little in his life. First thing he’d do after the New Year would be to go shopping.

Now that he’s actually in the Lilycove Department Store though… He was visibly irritated as he lifted a gaudy looking jacket from the rack. ”Ugh… what’s with the style here?” he quietly questions himself. He pictures himself in the jacket and shudders with disgust. Maybe he was in the wrong section or something.

[newclass=.pierce] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2020 3:46:29 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodygold"]
[attr="class","bodygoldt"]
[break]

Stormy was, by coincidence, both giddy and not giddy at the same time. She felt anxious, excited, impatient, relieved at the prospect of a new year, of forgiveness and change and all those heartfelt good things that came with the new year.[break][break]

She was ready to dive into the new year, or the idea of it, with an open mind and a fierce disposition. She was Stormy freakin' Silph.[break][break]

And it was that push for change that encouraged her to take advantage of the boxing-day and news years day sales taking place. Sometimes, but only sometimes, she found some pretty good deals. It had been a little over a year or so since she had arrived in Hoenn, and she hadn't bothered worrying about new clothes and such then.[break][break]

A year ago, she had been homesick for Kanto, a region stolen from her by the blight that was Rocket. Now, her responsibilities to Lavaridge town as their gym leader had kept her busy, kept her mind from mourning, grieving her beloved and destroyed memories of Saffron city. Now, she had no reason or drive to return home - her home was Hoenn now.[break][break]

The woman is busy window-shopping for the most part. Her attention brushes past several beautifully decorated manacins, but nothing catches her eye. Except when she passes by and stops abruptly because she's just seen an atrocity - and it looks like the guy holding it has similar thoughts on the matter. She nearly chokes on her smoothie as she takes a sip of it mid-glance, and she clears her throat before knocking on the window.[break][break]

"That is atrocious. Like.. really bad, super bad."[break][break]

She mouths expressively, before shaking her head and ducking inside to help this poor man out.[break][break]

"This whole store sort of.. blows."[break][break]

As she says this a very pointedly fashion faux-pas employee overhears her and shoots her a dirty look, as if asking her with his eyes 'then why the hell are you in here?' She shrugs, before taking the horrible jacket from the guy and placing it back on its hanger, where it belongs.[break][break]

"Try the store across the street, it's much more laid back. Not as expensive, either and decent quality."

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold b] color: #DEA20C; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp] margin-left: -35px; margin-bottom: -40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2020 19:54:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","pierce"]

His eyes widen to the sound of knocking. Diverting away from the sin that is the gaudy jacket in his hands, he looks upwards to see a familiar face mouthing at him. Confusion turns to shock as he quickly tries to hide the jacket behind – the color draining from his face. His efforts are in vain though as the girl nonchalantly steps into the stare and pries the jacket away from his hands.

”You-“ he tries to say something, but is immediately cut off by the girl’s sharp words. His cheeks soon flush red as he smiles apologetically to the employee glaring at them from behind the counter. Nodding as he listens to the girl, he gently grabs her by the wrist and leads her out of the shop.

Only after they’ve left does he let out a relieved sigh.

”Won’t lie, that store really did suck.” he says, flashing her a smile as he lets her go. ”So, uh… small world we live in, eh?”

There’s a brief awkward silence as he’s unsure how to carry on this conversation; after all, he only met the girl once at a festival. He reaches behind his head and scratches his hair. His gaze trails off across the street, looking for the other store that the girl had mentioned. Casually slipping his hands into his pocket, he composes himself and starts heading over. He spins around to look back at the girl, walking backwards.

”Anyways, let’s not talk about that fashion crime. You shopping around for something too?”

[newclass=.pierce] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2020 3:29:54 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

She's babbling, and she knows this because Pierce grabs her wrist to gently but unceremoniously drag her out of the store before she says something rude.. again.[break][break]

Her face is hot as she snags her hand back, a little put off by his abruptness. She chalks it up to him being embarrassed by being caught red-handed with a sinful jacket. Stormy's attitude soon fades as he agrees with her earlier statement.[break][break]

"I mean.. yeah, I guess it is a small world."[break][break]

She shrugs nonchalantly, deciding she might stick around a while longer, especially now that she was seeing him stare across the street blankly in search of the store she'd mentioned.[break][break]

"You must have just arrived, you look like a lost Mareep out here."[break][break]

A chuckle escapes her throat, perhaps a bit condescending, as she points from under his nose to the store she's talking about.[break][break]

"They have better deals, I promise."[break][break]

He asks her a question and she offers a shrug and a head sway, because she's really not sure.[break][break]

"Sorta? Kinda? I don't know. Mostly window-shopping I guess, waiting to see what pops out at me and screams 'hey Storms, you should totally try that on."

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 2:47:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","pierce"]

Her hand slips out from his grasp causing him to look back at the girl in confusion. His face quickly flushes red in embarrassment as he realizes that despite having met each other before, they can hardly consider themselves as friends. He awkwardly jerks his hand behind his head, rubbing his neck as he realizes how rude his action might have seemed.

”Sorry.” he quickly yet awkwardly blurts. His lips curl to a wide grin as he lets out a half-hearted chuckle. Seeing the conversation going nowhere, he looks back over to the store that she’d recommended him earlier.

”Well, seeing as I’m a lost Mareep, why don’t you make like a Herdier and take me over to that shop? I’ve got a bit of money to burn anyways.” An idea suddenly flashes by and he looks back to the girl with eagerness shimmering in his eyes. ”Tell you what, mate. Why don’t you pick something out for me and I’ll pick something out for you? Seems like a good opportunity to break out into the new year.”

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 3:02:09 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Stormy absently rubs her wrist and makes brief eye-contact.[break][break]

But he's grinning at her and smiling is contagious and he had given her good vibes at the festival, so she returns the gesture and even offers an awkward laugh. [break][break]

Maybe that's why she hadn't yet made an effort to bail, like she was waiting for his invitation to tag along. Shopping was always more fun with friends, right?[break][break]

"Do you want me to bark, too?"[break][break]

She smirks even if her dumb joke sinks miserably, but otherwise agrees. At his suggestion that they pick out something for each other, Stormy takes a step back and looks him over head to toe, pursing her lips and tapping her chin.[break][break]

"I like it, I like it a lot. I hope you have better taste than that jacket though, or we're gonna have words."

[break][break]