checking in [c]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
checking in [c]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2020 1:53:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Gemma blinks slowly as Stormy explains what's been going on the past few months. Wow, that was a lot. She's known about Alexander, but who was this new guy? She smiles softly and crosses her legs, scooting closer.

"It's okay. Dump all you want. Tell me about it all, I shouldn't have been gone so long to have you need to dump it on me." She sighs softly and pats Stormy on the leg, before pulling the little blanket over to cover Stormy's legs as well.

"Is he the type of person to do something that would make you feel insecure, though?" She asks quietly. "Like, has he done anything to make you feel like he's not sincere or genuine? Or made his intentions unclear?" Gemma tilts her head and smiles at her friend, sipping her tea.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
checking in [c]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 2:13:01 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodygold"]
[attr="class","bodygoldt"]@bean
[break]

Gemma smiles and Stormy can't help but blush further. Had she really just dumped all of that on her? How embarrassing.[break][break]

"I'm so sorry, Gem, I didn't mean to dump all this on you. I'm so embarrassed. What am I, still in highschool? Who cares who I'm dating, I've got gym leader responsibilities and shit to worry about."[break][break]

She welcomes the leg-pat, the warmth of her friend coming as a comfort for her in this awkward, trying time of hers.[break][break]

At her question, Stormy raises her head from her hands, wiping hair from her face - she hasn't been crying but she looks about ready to.[break][break]

"No, no he's definitely not. He makes me happy - really happy. I think.. I think I'm just scared that I'm going to ruin it. I can't keep a relationship to save my life. I think I'm afraid of that - keeping people so close to me."[break][break]

She sighs heavily at that, leaning back in her chair.

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold b] color: #DEA20C; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp] margin-left: -35px; margin-bottom: -40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
checking in [c]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 4:37:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Thinking for a moment, before taking a deep breath, Gemma leans back and rests her head on Stormy's wrapping her arms around her.

"Speaking as someone who has chosen the wrong type of man, consistently, over and over -" She breathes a dry laugh, before giving her a squeeze. "I think that if you're happy, and you're worried about messing it up, that it's for real. And it's a little bit good that you're worried, because that means there's something there worth keeping safe, you know?"

Gemma pulls back to pat her hair down, before laughing.

"Besides, you can still be a gym leader and fall in love, you dummy." Gemma punches her shoulder gently before rolling her eyes. "I think it's cute that you found someone who makes you happy. Does he support you being a gym leader and everything? And understands your time commitments?"

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
checking in [c]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 1:50:26 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Gemma's arms around her is another comfort that Stormy breathes heavily into. Her eyes close as she wills herself to not cry - she was stronger than this. [break][break]

"I want what's best for him, but I know he worries about me - often. I'm not a cautious person. I'm a gym leader and I'm not finished. I crave strength, power, heroism. I'm bigger than this."[break][break]

What they had was real, but she still felt stress, like she was being too difficult, too much.[break][break]

Gemma playfully punches her shoulder and Stormy laughs dryly, rubbing at the now slightly pinkened skin.[break][break]

"Yeah.. yeah you're probably right."[break][break]

She nods to her next questions, because Oswald does support her, at least most of the time.[break][break]

"I'm just not ready to settle down. I may never be ready. There's a wild rage inside of me, or something. I'm not done, I'm never going to be done."

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
checking in [c]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 2:20:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Gemma shrugs, taking a sip of her tea. She's never had the pleasure of being in a stable relationship, she doesn't really know what it feels like to be worried about. To be settled.

"Does it feel like you're "settling" for him?" She asks, raising an eyebrow. "Has he asked you to settle?" Gemma shrugs.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
checking in [c]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 15:17:23 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Stormy watches as Gemma takes a sip of her tea. She feels as though she should do the same, but the nauseous feeling in her belly prevents her.[break][break]

Her words come across pointedly, or perhaps Stormy is on edge. [break][break]

"No, no of course not."[break][break]

The woman's fingers curl around each other in her lap as she thinks.[break][break]

"I just don't want to break his heart."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
checking in [c]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 16:20:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Blinking slowly, Gemma tilts her head and watches Stormy's mannerisms, shrugging her shoulders slightly as she eyes her. Then, quietly, she sets her mug down into the crook of her leg and begins to pet Rosie. She hums to herself in thought, before taking a deep breath.

"Well, I mean, are you planning on breaking his heart?" Gemma asks, thinking about it some more. "Usually when things are going well, one doesn't attempt to sabotage things." She chuckles softly.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
checking in [c]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2020 22:59:51 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Stormy remains quiet and distracted as silence falls between the two of them for a moment, as Gemma considers her words. The younger woman takes a few sips of the iced tea, focusing on the taste instead of her rattled emotions.[break][break]

She swallows hard, almost painfully so, when Gemma asks her a question.[break][break]

"No, no of course not. I'd never dream of hurting him, but I'm not perfect."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
checking in [c]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2020 14:29:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"You don’t have to be perfect, silly. He probably already knows that." Gemma giggles softly. "Chances are, if he’s dating you, he knows what he’s getting into. Being with a strong independent woman, who’s fierce and brave. Would do anything for her friends." Gemma grins and sips her tea. "But also sometimes needs to relax and let herself be taken care of. Everyone needs that person to fall on at some point." Gemma pats Stormy’s thigh, then nods firmly.

"Besides! If I can go through what I went through and still try to be around men, you can definitely not mess things up. It doesn’t take much. Do you think he’d hurt you like that? Just return the favour." She grins.

[/quote]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
checking in [c]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2020 15:35:01 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Stormy smiles but she seems lost and distracted. She wants to believe that, to believe that she doesn't have to be perfect. But the fact remains that she isn't. She barely even considers herself inherently good.[break][break]

"You're probably right, as usual."[break][break]

Gemma mentions the need to relax and she can't help but laugh a little sarcastically at the thought. She had barely relaxed a single day in her life. With so many responsibilities and opportunities ahead of her, she often chose to work herself as hard as she could.[break][break]

The desire for power and for bettering herself was exhausting but it was the only path she had ever known. Sitting back to watch TV and eat popcorn made her restless. [break][break]

"You're a stronger person than I am, Gem."[break][break]

With a wink, Stormy stands up and sets her cup back down. She exhales heavily and glances for the door.[break][break]

"I think I'm gonna head out, if that's alright. Need some time to clear my head and get some air, stuff like that. You know me, I'm always on the move."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
checking in [c]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2020 20:13:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"Doubtful." Gemma shrugs her shoulders at Stormy's suggestion that she's strong. The locks on her door say otherwise. And then, as abruptly as she's shown up... She's leaving. Gemma frowns and curls her fingertips around her mug. "Oh, okay..." She blinks slowly.

Was it something she said? Fuck.

"Well... Uhm." Gemma stands, setting her mug down. "I'll walk you out." She brushes her hands on her pants and walks towards the door with her friend.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
checking in [c]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2020 20:21:45 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Stormy smiles as Gemma follows her to the door, and, before she bids her friend adieu, she offers the woman a tight but brief hug.[break][break]

"Don't be a stranger, okay? I'm always only a phone call away."[break][break]

She winks before letting herself out, swinging her purse over her shoulder and waving as she makes her way to the stairs and out of the building.[break][break]

"Talk soon!"

[break][break]