awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PROSPECTS
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2018 18:36:08 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
cozy. natural lighting. dozens of buzzwords are used to leverage what advantages they have but none are able to sway his decision. what seems inadequate for someone of his social caste ends up being just what fernando requires. he needs something discrete, something low key. a place that no one will suspect. there's no better alternative than the sea shanty inn.

he lingers up front, ringing the bell for service. he's given a moment to appreciate the surroundings and the decor leaves him mesmerized. it makes him see a promising future within these walls-- the perfect cover for his underhanded operations.

the luster of the atmosphere starts to dwindle as he adjusts. the ambiance settles into a gentle lull. fernando smiles, certain of his actions. the idea only grows on him with time.

@tsundere
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PROSPECTS
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2018 13:25:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she is not behind the front desk when the lone stranger appears. nenet has called her to the back for a crucial matter (it's menial at best but nubia knows better than to oppose her sister). in her stead, just like always, the compact but noticeable presence of a lucario gazes out at the lobby with a watchful gaze. auran places himself beside the desk, molten hues settle onto him. nothing more.

the soft echo of the bell alerts her of a more pressing task and she hurries to the front of the inn. she enters in a flash of coppery skin and contrite smile sets on her face before she formally greets the guest. auran continues to peer unflinchingly at fernando.

"i'm sorry, auran isn't the best concierge we have," nubia apologizes as she flashes the lucario a brief look. "can i get you checked in, sir?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PROSPECTS
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2018 0:29:53 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"it's quite alright."

fernando pays the pokemon no mind. it's nothing more than a doorstop, an adornment that fails to perform its duties. it remind him of his riolu and therefore . the same lillian who books his room. he's much too busy to attend to such trivialities himself. that's why he's left clueless, left to rely on the proprietor for assistance.

"i'll be checking in under silph."

an amiable smile betrays the gravity of his name. it's the surname known around the world. there's only one silph.

"fernando eliard silph."

@tsundere
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PROSPECTS
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2018 12:28:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"he's a much better guard," nubia's cheery lilt fills the air, words pulled from her lips as effortlessly as each breath that keeps her heart beating.

auran's careful steps lead him backwards, behind the desk to linger beside his master. her own amber gaze is currently preoccupied while her hands deftly move over the countertop before her. this process is familiar to her, to the point where nubia could oversee the operations of the inn while she peacefully slumbers.

fernando eliard silph, got it,' she repeats his name, the realization of the stranger's presence settles over her as his name is scrawled in the traditional book nenet insists they keep for novelty purposes. "it's nice to meet you, mr. silph. i'm nubia hajjar, i run this inn with my sister," she airily chimes to him as she sets the pen down to hold out her hand to him for a proper greeting.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PROSPECTS
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2018 14:00:40 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando meets her gesture with a firm shake. professional, typical, and far from the standard cheesiness that comes from molesting her hand. that type of ass kissing is better suited for casanova like . fernando is anything but, here strictly for business. to scope out the ground of another store house.

"the pleasure is mine, miss hajjar." eyes fall on the lucario once more. fernando's eyes narrow at the beast, unsure of what to make of the aura user. he keeps it to himself. "it's a lovely inn. how long have you been managing it?"

@tsundere
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PROSPECTS
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2018 14:23:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
the inn isn't the type of place that anyone with prestige or a reputation frequents. its cozy, quaint, and a staple to the city but that's a truth for travelers and the usual neighbors. nubia is unsure of how she believes a silph should act, but fernando feels like he embodies it in his handshake.

"please, you can call me nubia," she insists with a placid smile. auran continue to stare at the guest, stare unwavering as he processes the presence of the silph man. meanwhile, nubia turns her back to him to pluck a key off of the wall behind the front desk.

"oh, for nearly...sixteen years now," nubia recalls brightly, her fingers wrapping firmly around his key before she steps out to stand before him. "would you allow me to lead you to your room? i'd like to make sure it's in pristine condition, if you don't mind."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PROSPECTS
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2018 14:44:49 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"thank you, nubia." pleasantries come naturally to someone in the public eye. fernando's spent more than enough money on lessons on how to act natural, to maintain a down to earth persona that allows him to garner a reputation that's fitting for someone planning to run for local office.

"sixteen years?" his voice echoes both admiration and surprise. being new to the region is an ample excuse for the gross ignorance that resounds through his voice. almost makes him seem likable. "i'm sure your rooms are quite lovely. fit for so many years of service."

fernando follows, suitcase in hand.

@tsundere
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PROSPECTS
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2018 15:02:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she begins to lead him down the hall that sprawls out towards the east side of the building. the inn is a considerable size, having claimed more ground as its patronage grew stronger with each passing year. the decor adheres to the expected theme of a hotel in the seaside city: anything and everything related to the ocean.

"i was only ten then but my sister put me to work. i'll be sure to introduce you to nenet, she's lovely," nubia coos to him, affording a glance back towards him accompanied with a breezy laugh. they ascend up a winding staircase carved from hearty wood.

"i hope we fulfill your every need then, mr. silph. is there anything specific that brings you to slateport?" the hotelier inquires before she and auran pause before room 202. nubia holds out the key for fernando to do the honors of opening the door.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PROSPECTS
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2018 16:02:42 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
he's seen this scene a million times. after the first dozen, fernando grows tired of the seaside. it's just that. still, he plays the part, showing off a mild amazement that isn't complete without an "oohh" and "aahh". the only true astonishment comes from its size. not bad for a team of two.

stairs are climbed and he chuckles along the way. only after she inquires on his purpose does silph have the chance to turn the tables. a nervous laugh graces his explanation, "i'm running a branch of silph co. here. our tower is near the upper district. you should come visit. tell them that you're there for eliard. my treat." it's a half intended promise. fernando is uncertain whether she'll ever follow up. if she does, there's always to accommodate what he cannot. he's bound to forget by the week's end.

the door opens and he examines the room. the mirth of his face captures his satisfaction. it's surprisingly quaint.

"how lovely."

@tsundere
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PROSPECTS
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2018 20:33:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
auran enters the room after fernando, steps silent as he knows the role he is meant to assume. nubia trails behind the other two, gives the hallway a sweeping glance before she finally enters the room. the lucario goes about and tidies up, straightens a pillow and peers into the bathroom to assure it's immaculate for their guest.

she waves a copper toned hand at him, meant to dispel the offer he tosses her way. "it sounds like you already have a lot on your plate. it's a kind offer, but i would never want to burden someone like yourself."

"i'm glad you think so. but if there's any issue don't hesitate to phone down to the front desk or stop by." the smile slapped on her face indicates the pride she holds from the mere compliment fernando tosses her way. "is there anything else i can do for you at the moment, mr. silph?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PROSPECTS
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2018 20:50:58 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"no you've done enough as is. thank you, miss nubia." they leave him to his own devices. it's his chance to relax, coming to ease with being unaccompanied. it's an odd sensation, akin to walking around naked. the pesky nature of lucario's aura reading counters the protection that comes from kecleon's COLOR CHANGE. it remains in its ball, the only way it can conceal its presence.

-------

the evening brings about a dusk that shades the main foyer. fernando finds himself in a cozy mood, fingers clacking away at the keys to his laptop. occasionally he'll roll his eyes, let out a heavy sigh to show the boredom that comes with documentation. nothing he's working on today is particularly important - as if he would ever access such documents in such a public domain - but still needs to be done. the warmth of his glaceon's underside tickles against his feet. the pokemon finds it place atop his exposed socks.

fernando being casual is a rare sight indeed.

it almost seems inviting.

@tsundere
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PROSPECTS
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2018 21:30:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar

she's had a busy day, nothing new at the seaside shanty inn. evening settles in and the dusk welcomes a lax pace nubia has craved all day. nenet comes into the back office, asks her if she can complete paperwork out front while watching over the lobby because she needs to step out.

nubia hurriedly nods at her, since she manages to disappear from the office in a matter of seconds.

the hotelier stands, looks around and lets out a groan when she realizes absinthe, her mawile, decided to patrol the inn on her own volition. "auran, please find her," nubia mutters to herself before she flees from the back to conduct her own hunt for the meddling creature.

she doesn't need to go any further then the lobby, where absinthe creeps around the corner of the desk furthest from the spot where fernando inhabits with her gaze fixated on his glaceon. "if you see this one around, please don't look at her. she's nothing but trouble," she quips with a rueful smile, bending down to scoop up absinthe, who cries out in defeat when she is secured. her menacing jaw hangs over nubia's shoulder but she unbothered by the questionable position. "i think she's interested in your glaceon, but i hope she didn't disturb you at all."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PROSPECTS
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2018 6:24:50 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"oh, it's quite alright. i hardly noticed." fernando lies with a practiced smile. the glaceon seems to share the sentiments, letting out a disinterested yawn. he tilts the window of his laptop downward, a habit that comes from having to shield his work from prying eyes, as he pushes himself away from his work. "are you busy?" his pokemon rouses from its disturbed position, clambering onto his lap as its new home.

@tsundere
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PROSPECTS
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2018 14:32:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she produces absinthe's pokeball, lets out a sigh of relief when the mawile is safely secured. more importantly, she's no longer a potential menace to fernando and his glaceon. she pockets the spherical object and then auran materializes beside her, silent as nubia gives the patron a sheepish shrug of her shoulders. "definitely not as busy as i was earlier, mr. silph," she responds to him, courteous as ever.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PROSPECTS
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2018 15:03:43 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"do you have a chance to talk then?" simple enough, right? this is a prime opportunity for him and one that allows him liberty of straying outside his comfort zone. no suits, no need for formal pretenses, just a down to earth chat with someone in a different social caste. he needs to know what she thinks, how she thinks, to understand the people he'll have to appeal to. a grassroot's effort starts in the field, starts at home-- right here, in the heart of slateport.

"i don't get out of the office much. anything interesting happen?"

@tsundere