part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Pretty things don't last [alexei/mission]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2020 7:55:48 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

Isra has been so very busy.

Just about everything that can be put on her shoulder's seems to be. Even when she thinks she might get a bit of a break the world has been finding something more to bring to the table and somehow divvy part of it onto her. That's partially her fault though, for working in the position she does. It means she's constantly at work with something and whenever there's some kind of a mess the work load increases without any regard for whether or not she might like some bloody free time.

"Alexei!" she draws out his name in a sing son tone as she approaches him, recognizing the figure just about anywhere. He is one of the few people in this world she would dare to greet in such a manner, the prim and proper shell chipping away to expose the child underneath for just a moment. A rare glimmer of what lies beneath the perfectly crafted doll face.

There's an extra bounce to her step as she comes upon him in mauville city, their shopping center being some of the best in the region and a prime choice for today's excursion. "I can't wait! I've been excited about this since you agreed to come." she claps her hands in front of her, the current parasol moving with her hands and being quickly returned to her shoulder where it made its home.

Despite how long it had been since last they spent time together, Isra acts as if no time has passed in between because to her that part is of no real concern.

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #8e4e5d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,040 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2020 10:50:18 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","coveredhills"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-top"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-icon"][attr="class","lnr lnr-cloud"]

[attr="class","coveredhills-img"]

snow-covered hills

can i sail through the changing ocean tides?

[attr="class","coveredhills-tag"]

[attr="class","coveredhills-tag-2"]TAGGED

[attr="class","coveredhills-2"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-pkmn"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-pkmn-2"]PKMN

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]kyouya braviary

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]gabriel salamence

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]vincent lucario

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]carina ribombee

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]fenrir noivern

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]terra aerodactyl

[attr="class","coveredhills-post"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-post-1"]

He was…quite surprised to get a text from an unfamiliar number a few days back. After fishing around and inquiring who the person on the other end of the line was, he almost dropped said phone and quickly cleared out a few days in order to spend time with her.[break][break]

Her.[break][break]

Like, he didn’t know where she’d gone off to, but to hear back from Isra, it was—wow. He had so many questions he wanted to ask her, they had piled up so much. He agreed to meet her down in Mauville, and held back a chuckle at the designated meeting time.[break][break]

As always, he thought with a grin, quickly preparing himself for the evening. He knew that so close to the New Year, lots of shops stayed open past their usual times; this was to accommodate for the late-night rush of people who were looking to purchase some last-minute stuff.[break][break]

It had taken him but a few moments to warp from Fortree to Mauville—having taken the Gardevoir teleporting express courtesy of his own Gardevoir, Tatiana. After ducking down into the Pokémon Center to switch out to his usual team, he then headed to where he was going to meet up with Isra.[break][break]

“Where have you been?” was the first question he asked once he heard her approach. “I’ve been looking for you for ages but you refused to answer any of my messages. I was trying to reach you through your old number.”

[attr="class","coveredhills-notes"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-notes-2"]

word count: 246; ohaithere

BY: PHARAOH LEAP, FOR VEN

[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]
[googlefont=Montserrat:200,300,400,700]

[newclass=.coveredhills]padding:14px;border:solid 1px #252525;width:500px;background-color:#2e2e2e;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top]position:relative;white-space:nowrap;height:30px;overflow:hidden;border:solid 1px #252525;border-bottom:none;background-color:#a26dbd;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right,#a26dbd,#b691c4);color:#2e2e2e;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-icon]position:absolute;font-size:250px;line-height:250px;margin:-90px 0px 0px 225px;opacity:.10;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-img]float:left;height:100px;width:100px;padding:24px;background-color:#292929;border:solid 1px #2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:-60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-img img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top h1]margin:-5px 0px 0px 0px;padding:0px;text-align:right;font:32px Montserrat;letter-spacing:-2px;font-weight:700!important;font-style:italic;line-height:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top h2]margin:0px;padding:0px;text-align:right;font:bold 9px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag]overflow:hidden;text-transform:uppercase;height:30px;border:solid 1px #252525;padding:19px;background-color:#333333;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag div]line-height:10px;color:#a26dbd;letter-spacing:.5px;font:bold 9px Roboto;padding:9px 13px;border-radius:15px;float:left;margin-right:5px;margin-bottom:19px;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#2e2e2e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag div a]font:bold 9px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag-2]background-color:#a26dbd!important;color:#2e2e2e!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-2]margin-top:-1px;border:solid 1px #252525;height:421px;background-color:#2c2c2c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-pkmn]margin:-1px 0px 0px -1px;float:left;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;width:70px;height:396px;text-align:center;padding:5px 0px 20px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-pkmn-2]text-align:left;position:absolute;font:20px Montserrat;font-weight:700!important;line-height:20px;font-style:italic;padding:26px;height:18px;background-color:#a26dbd;background:linear-gradient(to bottom left,#a26dbd,#b691c4);color:#2e2e2e;width:70px;white-space:nowrap;transform:rotate(-90deg);margin:320px 0px 0px -26px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p]filter:grayscale(50%);margin-top:15px;cursor:pointer;height:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p-2]color:#eeeeee;-webkit-transition: all .2s ease; -moz-transition: all .2s ease; -o-transition: all .2s ease;opacity:0;position:absolute;background-color:#333333;padding:24px;width:450px;text-align:left;margin-top:-119px;font:20px Montserrat;line-height:20px;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p-2 .a]margin-top:-1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post]padding:35px 35px 0px 106px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1]height:265px;overflow:auto;padding-right:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:transparent;border:none;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes]margin:20px 35px 0px 106px;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#303030;padding:19px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2]height:24px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:transparent;border:none;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills] }.ch-p:hover + .ch-p-2 { opacity:1;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2020 11:00:10 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"There's been... a lot going on." she says, they hadn't really spoken since the mossdeep event and Isra had been pulled into one thing after another since then.

"How honest of an answer to that question do you want?" she asks him, as if to clarify just how much he wants to know. Perhaps because as much as they may be friends the truth is she's never truly confided in him about some of the things bellow the surface. Regardless of his answer Isra wastes no more time. The woman doesn't hesitate to loop her arm in his and guide him towards the store she had hoped to visit first. One she was rather fond of for their dresses and other vintage styled accessories.

Dark eyes watch his face as they speak. "I lost my old phone and just sort of forgot about getting a new one for awhile to be honest, that's why I wasn't answering." it wasn't a lie, Isra had lost it during a cave excursion, watching it fall to the bottom of a well of water and was left to get a new one from scratch. Though she was comfortable with the small device she'd been too busy to struggle with the finer parts of the settings until recently.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,040 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2020 12:20:48 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

“You know I would want the most direct answer you can give me,” he replied back as he allowed her to lead the way, heading over to a shop that practically screamed ‘vintage’ for their motif.[break][break]

Looking over the dresses that were available, he wondered if there was a chance he could find some for his drag queen persona?[break][break]

However, he preferred to do most of his shopping for ‘Irina’ online and not in public, because it would look really weird if a guy like himself started buying ladies’ clothes for no apparent reason like he was a man possessed.[break][break]

“Why did it take so long for you to get one, though? I kept trying to contact the number only I kept getting an error message. I know you don’t deal with email, and I think you haven’t given me the phone number for your place at Lilycove yet so there was that,” he explained himself.[break][break]

“To be honest, I thought something bad had happened to you, the way you dropped off the grid like that,” he added a few moments later. He was concerned for her, okay? Suddenly up and vanishing without any word whatsoever set off alarm bells in the back of his head.[break][break]

Thank goodness she was safe.

word count: 211

[newclass=.coveredhills]padding:14px;border:solid 1px #252525;width:500px;background-color:#2e2e2e;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top]position:relative;white-space:nowrap;height:30px;overflow:hidden;border:solid 1px #252525;border-bottom:none;background-color:#a26dbd;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right,#a26dbd,#b691c4);color:#2e2e2e;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-icon]position:absolute;font-size:250px;line-height:250px;margin:-90px 0px 0px 225px;opacity:.10;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-img]float:left;height:100px;width:100px;padding:24px;background-color:#292929;border:solid 1px #2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:-60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-img img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top h1]margin:-5px 0px 0px 0px;padding:0px;text-align:right;font:32px Montserrat;letter-spacing:-2px;font-weight:700!important;font-style:italic;line-height:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top h2]margin:0px;padding:0px;text-align:right;font:bold 9px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag]overflow:hidden;text-transform:uppercase;height:30px;border:solid 1px #252525;padding:19px;background-color:#333333;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag div]line-height:10px;color:#a26dbd;letter-spacing:.5px;font:bold 9px Roboto;padding:9px 13px;border-radius:15px;float:left;margin-right:5px;margin-bottom:19px;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#2e2e2e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag div a]font:bold 9px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag-2]background-color:#a26dbd!important;color:#2e2e2e!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-2]margin-top:-1px;border:solid 1px #252525;height:421px;background-color:#2c2c2c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-pkmn]margin:-1px 0px 0px -1px;float:left;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;width:70px;height:396px;text-align:center;padding:5px 0px 20px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-pkmn-2]text-align:left;position:absolute;font:20px Montserrat;font-weight:700!important;line-height:20px;font-style:italic;padding:26px;height:18px;background-color:#a26dbd;background:linear-gradient(to bottom left,#a26dbd,#b691c4);color:#2e2e2e;width:70px;white-space:nowrap;transform:rotate(-90deg);margin:320px 0px 0px -26px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p]filter:grayscale(50%);margin-top:15px;cursor:pointer;height:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p-2]color:#eeeeee;-webkit-transition: all .2s ease; -moz-transition: all .2s ease; -o-transition: all .2s ease;opacity:0;position:absolute;background-color:#333333;padding:24px;width:450px;text-align:left;margin-top:-119px;font:20px Montserrat;line-height:20px;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1]height:265px;overflow:auto;padding-right:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:transparent;border:none;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes]margin:20px 35px 0px 106px;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#303030;padding:19px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2]height:24px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:transparent;border:none;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2020 12:37:02 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

She was supposed to be there for a parasol or two but that didn't mean she wouldn't get distracted by the dresses and Alexei was the perfect person to go clothes shopping with too... maybe she should have set more time aside for their outing tonight. She has to pry herself away from them and try to steer him and her alike towards the accessories instead.

"So we've never really talked about.... a lot of stuff."

She starts, stopping herself for a moment as she sits on a cliff face and worries about the words she chooses and to what degree she can speak. Though she has always been more comfortable with him than other people there are some things Isra does not tell. No-

There are things Isra is afraid to say.

"My father was finally confirmed deceased. He was a horrible man and I don't miss him but my family has been in a tizzy determining what happens with the company with him gone. Which if my brother's gets it and all that. After that we had the... alien? Situation in mossdeep and as you know the league got a little insane after that- still is. " Isra is surprisingly nonchalant in tone, perhaps because the truth is that it is the only way she can say it without falling apart. Because "I don't think I told you, but I'm an assistant to one of the councilman, so once that happened the amount of paperwork on my plate went through the roof."

She tries to be a little vague, of course, because to a degree she tries to avoid telling people these things ever since the stalking situation about a year ago. After making certain it happened because of who she worked for she became much more careful with the information.

"And I don't know a thing about technology like this to save my life so it took forever to get a chance to sit down and find one." and she couldn't put his number on her other one, that would be dangerous in a manner she wasn't willing to risk.

She had to keep her 2 lives separate if she didn't want to lose things like this after all.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,040 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2020 13:07:39 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

He was thankful that Isra was willing to share what she wanted to share, with the way he’d phrased his earlier question. If there was one thing he appreciated about her, it was her frankness.[break][break]

Of course, what he didn’t know wouldn’t hurt him—at least for the moment.[break][break]

Upon hearing the news, he places a hand on her shoulder. “Oh—I didn’t know that had happened. I’m sorry for your loss,” he remarked, although from the way she had shared the information, it was like she didn’t care about the old man at all. It was still a parental figure, though.[break][break]

He didn’t even know how his own parents were faring back in Unova. He’d literally distanced himself from them when he ran off into the world. Did they still even care about him? Who knew?[break][break]

“The alien situation kind of got out of hand, I’ll say,” he nodded gravely as he let her look for accessories for her wardrobe. “Crazy-ass reports about sightings all over the region. Nobody’s figured out how to deal with them yet, he added with a furrowed brow of concern.[break][break]

The next bit she shares with him is news—to his ears.[break][break]

“Oh? Which one do you work for?” he inquired a few moments later. He was pretty sure it wasn’t Orion, seeing as the Ranger was the newest addition to the ‘den of wolves’ so to speak. He was certain it wasn’t Olivia either, because she had her own groupies to deal with. Which left him with either the pretty boy or…[break][break]

“You could’ve asked me for help,” he went on at the mention of her unable to find a decent phone before now. “I can save you the time to pick out something useful for you and your needs.”

word count: 297

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2020 13:26:00 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"Please don't be, I mean it." she appreciates the gesture, to a degree. Sometimes Alexei's warmth is scalding to her and she's not sure how to feel about it. In many ways she wants to think that she can make an exception like this and it will be okay and in others she knows that it could very well be an undoing she's not prepared for. Not in the slightest. "He was a sexist prick and spent most of my life telling me the only thing I was good for was marrying a rich man and having his kids for the social clout."

The disdain in her voice when she speaks about him nearly drips from her teeth, the way she looks down at the items in that moment is more like she considers her father to be beneath her. And in many ways she does, he deserved worse than the death he lucked out with.

Isra busies herself looking over one of the parasol's while Alexei speaks, letting herself settle again as the venomous tongue of her's is not something he sees in her often. His Isra is very different from most. "Silph." she answers plainly, because there's no use hiding it really. There are only so many options and once one starts looking well enough there's only one to date that has a night assistant like her.

"Anyway the phone thing is alright, I asked my brother to help. He likes technology and it gave us something to talk about for a little while." the youngest of them was sometimes the hardest for her to keep in touch with. He was all over the place compared to the rest of them and far more excitable but he cared for her more innocently than the other two. He was in many ways, special to her. "But thank you, I appreciate the gesture."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,040 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2020 15:00:27 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

“Oh, gross, that’s horrifying. At least you’re out of his hair now, thank goodness, he added, looking around and wondering if he could pick up a few things here and there. Much as he wanted to have a weapon on him whenever he went out when he was cross-dressed, he pondered if picking up a parasol of his own would be a great idea.[break][break]

Well, he shouldn’t be minding this most of the time anyway, so…[break][break]

It’s her next words that very nearly catch him off-guard.[break][break]

“Wait, you work for him?” he blurted out, all attention on the things in front of him forgotten as he faced her. “He told he doesn’t know how to battle. Which is… if you ask me, a big, fat lie. I’ve seen and heard the stories from other people, of how unbeatable he is. And then he’s also a Gym Leader, too? What does he even stand to gain from being council and a Gym Leader, isn’t one position enough for him?[break][break]

Clearly, there was something amiss about this. He didn’t know why, but there was something… that really didn’t sit right with him whenever this particular Silph was mentioned. Stormy was pretty fine as a person, but Fernando? He could guess that the man had secrets of his own.

word count: 216

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2020 15:23:19 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"Exactly." Isra confirmed for him on the subject of her father, because frankly the man was a disaster as a member of the living and very much better off amongst the dead. Isra was eager to forget him and leave him out of her life for good.

The woman was willing to let things settle for a moment after that, at least hoping too. They could always talk about much more entertaining subjects than what was at hand but it seemed she wouldn't get much say in the matter. She knew the moment she said who that it would become the main topic.

"He's.... kind of weird." she starts. "So I don't really know what to say to any of that Lexi, He's not clueless by any means but his battle tactics are very streamlined and y the book he writes so to speak. He's always up to something and I'm really just there to make things run smoothly most the time."

She looks down at the parasol again, still not sure.

"I don't think he would have hired me if he had a say in it, he got stuck with me during the invasion when they were starved for personnel and I think under other circumstances he wouldn't have accepted me for the position. To be honest I'm surprised he hasn't tried to fire me yet." but then again despite all the weirdness, the back and forth behaviors there were moments where it seemed almost like he didn't despite her. Isra had never been able to decide for certain just how she felt about him.

Honestly, Fernando was an odd subject all together to her.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,040 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2020 15:49:27 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

“Maybe it’s because you do your job so well he hasn’t even thought of replacing you yet,” he began again with a bemused look on his face.[break][break]

“He can’t just keep everything organized himself—if what you say about him is ‘very by the book’ then he has a system of doing things, I take,” he observed, rubbing his right hand against his chin.[break][break]

Even if he wanted to read minds, he knew that wasn’t possible.[break][break]

“Has anyone like, ever beaten his Gym? I doubt it, he added a few moments later. “I’ve seen several Trainers here and there who chase after badges, but I have yet to see one that actually has his… his Badge, if it really does exist, he continued. Hmm.[break][break]

Either way, Mr. Silph had his secrets—and wasn’t going to be sharing them so easily with the public.[break][break]

“I was hella surprised myself to find out that Stormy is his sister—she’s completely nothing like him, he went on after a few moments of silence passed. “Complete opposites of each other. Honestly, you should tell your boss to get out more,” he joked. “Stop hiding in the Gym or in his office at Evergrande and mingle with the people. Change their perspective of him.”[break][break]

Of course, this was just a suggestion. Would he even be taken seriously?

word count: 222

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 4:22:27 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

His comment makes her chuckle because how very amusing an idea. Though she knows it is probably true at least in part Isra is hesitant to put weight to the idea. She's never fully dropped her guard with Fernando and she doesn't think she ever will. Something about him simply eats at her too much for that. "He does and though a lot of it had to do with a computer which was difficult at first, at this point it's all rather streamline and I even finish my work early some nights." that had been a little less the case as of late with the aliens and all that, though not unheard of for the woman. Her memory made her a force to be reckoned with in an office setting.

"I don't really know anything about the gym thing to be honest, it's a new development and I think they try to keep that kind of separate from the over arching league stuff? At least to a degree. There's this weird sort of divide in the ranks with certain things and honestly Lexi, I just show up and do my job. Like some of it is really interesting but it's not really my thing really."

No, if anything the longer she has spent in the office the more she has realize dhow soul destroying it feels, if that is a sensation she can even register. She imagines its how it would feel. She feels numb doing the paper work over and over again.

She looks up at Alexei because her answer to his suggestion may surprise him. "Actually as I understand it he does, though mostly to the nearby bars where he mingles with the locals." she's gone with him a couple of times even, interesting events they were.

"Or at least he used, the whole alien thing has really rattled everyone because of just how much is going on in the region now from it."

Isra knew there to be much more to Fernando silph than most noticed, and she herself had only peeled back so many layers, if any really at all.