part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Marching spirits [ken/mission]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2020 8:37:40 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

She's been here once before hasn't she?

That had been a rather mellow night, something she could stomach at the time and she find that's not what she'd like this time around. The peach tree she circles is one of a rare few (or so she's been told) and that makes it worthy of protection according to its caretakers. She won't argue, it's just another activity for her to participate in as a loyal member of the league, assistant to a councilman.

Isra almost reaches up to steal a berry, feeling a need to sate her own curiosity. She only stops and looks back down the path leading to the small patch of land where the tree is hidden because she hears the footsteps of another. "You must be the other one they sent out for this! It's a pleasure to meet you."

The woman greets him with a smile, hands clasping behind her back and making the shawl around her shoulders shuffle down around her figure just a little. One must look the part of a respectable individual protecting someone's dear treasure after all.

@ken

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #8e4e5d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2020 5:52:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","ken"]
It was pure happenstance that he'd be requested to wander into the town so late at night. Most by now are probably asleep as he slowly makes his way over to the peach tree hidden away in the far corner of town. The moon's light gleams ahead underneath the starlit sky. It's unsurprising to find another waiting for him; after all, he had been told by the elderly woman that he would not be alone in caring for the tree.

He looks to the woman indifferently as she greets him with a smile. His eyes narrow for a moment as he watches her. The curl from her lips feels sickening; though his expression speaks little of his thoughts. After a few seconds of awkward silence, he finally nods, acknowledging the woman's presence.

Paying little mind to her afterwards, he nonchalantly approaches the tree and rests his palm against the thick bark of its trunk. He runs his hands downwards then turning his back towards the tree, he sits, adjusting his haori as he slowly drops. His gaze steadies ahead almost monotonously as he anticipates the night's end.
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".ken"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ken b"]font-weight:bolder;color:#007eed; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ken i"]font-style:italic;color:#007eed; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2020 3:58:21 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

How. Rude.

It doesn't show on her face but Isra, being a woman raised on manners and poise find his lack of a proper greeting to be incredibly rude. It'd be one thing if they were meeting under circumstances that allowed for such a thing but this was most certainly not one of them.

She rights herself with a sigh, feigning some sort of exasperation in replacement for the thorough annoyance his attitude has left her with. If that's how he's going to be then Isra shall do one of the things Isra does best, talk.

"You know, most people at least wave at someone when they say hello." she comments idly, her tone neutral to ensure no offense can be taken (only implied passively). "Or is this your first time doing this kind of thing?" she asks as she turns on her heel to face him, watching him with steady black eyes and a porcelain doll smile.

"It's not mine, the league seems to always find more things to ask of me even though I already do as much as I do! I suppose that's what you get for signing up for working with them though right? At least that's what I've gathered over the last year or so. I've actually done this before, just with a different tree I think. It's supposedly a recurring problem they have with these trees? I guess the ghosts like them just as much as humans do!"

She grins at him. "Have you ever had one of these peaches before? My house keep made me a treat with one once, they're quite sweet."

@ken
>>told yah she'd talk enough for the both of them

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2020 1:33:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","ken"]
Looking up to the night sky to see the moonlight shining through the wave of branches and leaves he finds the tranquility of the night relaxing in some ways. The breeze touching against the warmth of his cheeks causes the leaves to flutter about yet he remains unperturbed by the darkness surrounding him.

His hand slowly reaches down and plucks a single blade of grass from the softened soil beneath him. The smell of earth is intense as he brings the blade closer to him. His soft azure eyes shifts over to his right shoulder, looking to the almost white caterpillar resting atop. Casually, he presents the grass over to it and it plucks the blade from his hand, slowly devouring it. Seeing this, he gently pets the cold bug with his index finger as he waits for the night to pass over.

For the moment he seems lost in his own little world, uncaring for the woman's long and boring prattling. Despite the lack of light in the area he seems comfortable, almost too comfortable. It's almost like the darkness of the night doesn't even exist in his mind. His attention is locked onto the Snom that he's casually feeding, not once shifting it back to the woman inching closer to him.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2020 4:14:50 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Isra comes to a stand still, watching him slowly.

He's completely ignoring her and it sets a small part of her to boiling.

She's no more fond of the overbearing politeness of society than most others are but this is simply beyond rude. He wasn't even acknowledging her, no hello no basic politeness, nothing.

The woman must take a deep breath to keep herself from visibly fuming. Even a snarky and sarcastic response would have been better than this. Who did he think he was? The woman moves to step directly in front of him on purpose, just to be a bit of an ass.

"Let me guess, you're one of those 'I'll handle it all myself' types if we actually get attacked by ghosts aren't you? I'd like to know that at least ahead of time." her voice is a practiced pleasant, her smile carved into her face and painted over to be sure it cannot go anywhere. Underneath she is hoping that if they do get attacked he struggles so she can leave him to drown instead of helping him.

@ken
>>she salty.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2020 4:22:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","ken"]
He can’t help but wrinkle his brows close together when the woman steps in front of him, her aggression towards him apparent enough in her attitude. Despite the clear expression of irritation, his gaze doesn’t turn towards the woman, instead he staring back into the darkness with his deep blue eyes.

Without uttering a single word and maintaining his stalwart silence, he suddenly stands and looks at the woman properly. His brows scrunch even further as he squints at her yet then shakes his head as he soon sits back down, discounting her presence as a nagging apparition that shouldn’t be bothered with.

A hand reaches out to his shoulder and he gently lifts the Snom from his shoulder, setting it down on his leg as he teasingly pets its forehead with an index finger.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2020 5:34:06 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

There is a nagging voice at the back of her head encouraging her to let her hydreigon eat him.

It's very tempting.

Enough so that Isra turns away from him to keep herself from doing it. It would be rather unbecoming to resort to such measures over something liek this but she can't help the temptation. It's not like she gets to let her pokemon toy with people often and frankly, they need it now and again, lest their claws and teeth grow dull.

"If it's not that then, are you mute?" perhaps to frank of a question to company that she in no way knows well enough to be asking such things of but Isra has never been one to pay as close of attention to that as she should.

@ken

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2020 5:50:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","ken"]
Honestly, he only accepted this request out of obligation and only wished to pass the night in silence, never anticipating he'd be stuck with someone who didn't know how to stop chattering when someone clearly wasn't interested in talking.

Upon hearing the woman's voice, his head perks upwards and he begins scanning the area once more - ignoring her presence yet again as he pretends to not see her. Shaking his head he lifts the Snom from his leg and sets it to the ground as he turns to face the tree, going on both knees in the process. He reaches behind his haori and pulls out a long incense stick, something he'd receive from the old lady just before accepting the job. He quickly summons his Larvesta from its pokeball, presenting the stick to it. Seemingly understanding its trainer's intent, it lights the incense on fire.

He carefully sticks the incense into the dirt and takes a few steps backwards, remaining on his knees. He quietly claps his hands together and bows once at the incense stick while a soft prayer can be heard leaving his previously quiet lips. "Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao. Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao" he says monotonously, quietly praying to the tree and incense to drive away the lingering spirits. Really, he just hope that something might drive this woman away so he can actually enjoy the silence.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2020 5:59:38 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Sometimes, some people just weren't meant to share each other's company and this was a perfect example of that.

Of course the concept is lost on Isra, having been raised to abide by certain pleasantries and tendencies regardless of how she personally felt about someone and what they were doing. It is the only thing that keeps her from having any more a response to him because, quite frankly, this was an absolutely senseless response and the fact he was most definitely not mute meant that he could have at least said hello the entire time.

Isra stares at the image of him kneeling and praying blankly, trying to process something other than sheer annoyance before deciding he can defend the tree by himself.

She takes her leave of the place.

@ken

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2020 6:05:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","ken"]
Despite his initial decision to tease the woman by praying to the incense, he actually diligently and seriously prays - stopping the strange prayer once he hears the woman’s footsteps fade into the dark forest around them. With silence now swallowing the dense forest, he gives the incense a few proper bows before turning away from the giant tree. He formally sits on his knees while waiting for the sun to rise.

His Greninja suddenly appears from the forest to keep watch beside him - on guard in case any actual spirit decides to attack. Regardless though, nothing ever happens and the sun rises properly. Seeing the light slowly trickle past the dense leaves, he stands, resting the Snom onto his shoulders as he takes his leave, the Greninja vanishing to scout ahead.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2020 6:31:08 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 pokedollars, 5 infamy,
and one ghost pokémon (base evo) of your choice redeemable in the site shop.
[break]