Dragon Slayers? [M]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Dragon Slayers? [M]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2020 22:39:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Well this was one hell of a way to start the New Year, dragon attacks. When first told Joseph almost didn’t believe it, giant dragons attacking the country side? Bah! That sounded like something out of a fairytale not real life, especially when you lived in a world where you could slap the dragon away with your pet puppy if it had the right move.

But Joseph was quickly proven wrong when he showed up to Oldale and saw the destruction. When he arrived he was bum-rushed by the townsfolk, demanding that the young man take care of their dragon problem.

He calmed them down, reassuring that he’d deal with the problem and they’d be safe. But now he’d have to investigate the scenes of the crime to try and assess what exactly he was dealing with here.

He thought this was going to be a relatively easy job but he was starting to think that he was very wrong about that.

@bean6
mission
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Dragon Slayers? [M]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2020 9:56:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Her task was simple: find the dragon, scare the dragon, reap rewards.

But when Andi actually sees the destruction left in the dragon's wake, her eyes are nothing short of a sinistea saucer, wide and round like she had no idea what she was actually getting into. She licks her lips and pats herself down, before releasing kip, her arcanine, to carry her through the town and survey the damage.

Once she makes an accurate assessment, the rewards for completely such a mission for the league make a whole lot more sense.

Something is seriously wrong, here.

When she finds the partner the league's assigned her to, she hops down from Kip's back and waves. "Hiya, you okay?" She holds out her hand, smiling. "I'm Chandler."

@joseph

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Dragon Slayers? [M]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2020 16:38:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Joseph turned away from the crime scene as the sounds of footsteps came closer and closer. The partner for this assignment had arrived. Another pair of eyes would be good for a job like this, catch something that perhaps Joseph missed. He shook her hand with a smile and a nod. ”Name’s Joseph Wick, it’s a pleasure to meet you Chandler.”

With the introductions out of the way they could get to work. ”I’m doing alright and I wish I could say the same about this town.” He sighed, gesturing to the terrible destruction in front of them.

”Townsfolk said whatever it was it came in fast and hit them hard and despite its size, it was hard to get a good look at it cause of how fast it was moving.” Joseph explained as he placed his hand on his chin.

”And the destruction seems random so I doubt our scaly friend is looking for something. Probably doing this out of anger but why?” He’d then turn to Chandler. ”Have much experience dragon hunting?”

@bean6
mission
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Dragon Slayers? [M]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 23:37:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"Not unless you count shooing flapple away from a garden." Chandler wrinkles her nose, putting her hands on her hips. She's only taken this job for the money - now she's thinking it may be a bit out of her expertise.

"But I would agree with you on the damages. No one's reported anything missing, just... Damages." Her hand comes up to rake through her hair, joined by her other one as she pulls her hair into a ponytail, and then doubling it so it was in a bun. "But there's a very clear path of destruction, so perhaps we can follow it and figure out where this thing lives? See about relocation?"

Of course, she also wants to get to the bottom of why it's so angry.

@joseph

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Dragon Slayers? [M]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 21:05:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
”Alright then, sounds like a plan.” Joseph turned his attention to the path in front of them. ”Hopefully we can shoo this one away too. Not sure I’m in the mood to fight a giant dragon.” He’d smile, beginning to walk along the destruction that laid before them. As he got moving he released two of his Pokémon, his Gallade and his Yanmega.

”Go ahead of us, following this path, and report back if you find anything.” Joseph ordered the bug type. It would be able to move much faster than they ever could and would be able to warn them of any impending danger.

The townsfolk watched the two foreigners, curious as to what they were up to. ”You’re from Galar, right?” He’d ask as he watched his Yanmega fly off.

While being here he hadn’t run into too many people from his home region but he did that on purpose avoid risking the chance of someone possibly recognizing him.

”What brings you so far away from home?” Joseph was curious after all. But he wasn’t sure if they were going to have much time for small talk as his Yanmega seemed to be bothered by something.

@bean6
mission
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Dragon Slayers? [M]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2020 18:34:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The other ranger seems to make some executive decisions, and Chandler just follows along - mostly because she doesn't know what she's doing, but also because it just seems like he's making all the right moves. She smiles and hops back up onto Kip's back.

"I am." Chandler confirms when he asks her where she's from. What gave it away? Probably the accent. She chuckles to herself, before freezing when he asks why she's traveled so far away from home.

"I met my half-brother for the first time. I came looking for my family, but I wound up staying for the..." Chandler gestures around them, before laughing a dry laugh. "Fun extra-curricular activities?" Her eyes roll and she smiles down at him. "How about you? Where are you from?" She wasn't about to make assumptions. While they talk, Kip sniffs the air and whines softly to himself, just as bothered as the Yanmega.

@joseph

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Dragon Slayers? [M]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2020 3:25:14 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#4d72a0[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
salamence

has attacked!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

male - moxie[break]
dragon claw / flamethrower / double-edge /[break]crunch / scary face / dragon pulse

A BONE-RATTLING ROAR crackles through the air. a salamence, clearly enraged by the way fire bubbles from its maw, soars overhead. deftly, it turns around as it blasts a FLAMETHROWER toward the two trainers. it's on a rampage. its eyes see red, and with no sense of self, it is determined to destroy everything and everyone in its path.[break][break]

[attr="class","missionTag"]

@joseph & @bean6
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Dragon Slayers? [M]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 2:07:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Joseph smiled, extracurricular activities was a good way of putting it. ”Funnily enough I’m actually from Galar myself.” He wasn’t sure how much he should tell her. ”I came here to get a break from my rather busy life.” There was a lot of irony in that statement given what he was currently doing but alas it wasn’t like he could turn back now.

And things would only get worse, a roar drowns out any sounds and a stream of flames from an enraged dragon was flying towards them. ”Lancelot.” The Gallade stood between the flames and his master, throwing up a shield made of energy, protecting everyone behind him.

”Anarchy, join Blur up there and get the Salamence’s attention.” As Joseph gave this order the shadow beneath his feet began to move revealing his Gengar had been with them this entire time. The Ghost flew past the shield produced by the Gallade and in a joint effort with Blur began attack the Salamence, one throwing an Ancient Power attack and the other a Shadow Ball.

With the two of the attacking the dragon it’d hopefully be enough to get its attention to allow Joseph and Chandler a second to compose themselves before continuing the assault. They had to keep its attention.

@bean6
mission
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Dragon Slayers? [M]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 4:32:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"Oh, really?" Chandler smiles at him when he says he's from Galar, before blinking as he explains he had had a previously very busy life - so why was he busying himself here, too? - before looking up as the sky erupts into a roar. She nearly falls off Kip as she stares at the Salamence, eyes wide.

"Bloody hell, he's a big bugger, isn't he?" Her mouth is a little agape as she watches her partner release his pokemon, and she licks her lips. "Ah, right - s'pose I should, y'know. Help." Chandler laughs at herself and swings off of Kip, reaching for her belt. She releases her Ponyta, a pastel rainbow of a mane flashing as it leaps from it's pokeball, before gesturing to the Salamence.

"Dazzling Gleam ought to do it." She watches as the Ponyta rushes off to aid the battle with her fairy-type moves.

@joseph

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Dragon Slayers? [M]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 7:22:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The attacks form Joseph two airborne Pokémon were enough to get the raging Salamence’s attention. It stopped its assault on those below and changed targets to the two Pokémon flying nearby, going into strike the Gengar first.

The Shadow Pokémon barely managed to dodge the attack, fading out of existence and then reappearing behind the dragon, letting loose another Shadow Ball. While the attacks were making contact it didn’t look as if they were doing much damage. It was fine, death by a thousand cuts was a tactic after all and one Joseph was comfortable with as long as the job got done.

Joseph would watch carefully as Chandler’s little Ponyta race towards the fray and unleash its attack. Not having a Pokémon on hand that did well against a dragon type like Ponyta was a regret of Joseph so it was a relief seeing that at least one of them had something to combat it. The fairy’s presence and the subsequent attack was enough to make it the Salamence’s prime target, the dragon rushing towards the small horse.

This time it didn’t have the element of surprise so when the dragon opened its maw to spew more flames Joseph’s Pokémon moved, all three firing their own projectiles at the Salamence. It would either succumb to them via frustration or tiredness, the question was which would happen first.

@bean6
mission
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Dragon Slayers? [M]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 16:45:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar

As Joseph's pokemon release their onslaught of moves, Chandler motions for her ponyta to continue the same, giving a thumbs up to the good girl - BECAUSE SHE IS A GOOD GIRL OK - as she checks with her trainer to make sure she was doing!! a good!! job!!

Chandler watches in awe as the team-up of moves fells the great dragon, and makes her way over, eyes wide as it lays on the ground, looking worse-for-wear, but still alive. That was the main thing! She glances to Joseph and smiles. "Would you like to catch it, or?" She motions to the dragon on the ground, conked out like it had too many tequila shots last night.

@joseph

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Dragon Slayers? [M]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2020 23:35:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Well that went better than he was expecting. But with the Dragon down all they had to do was decided what will happen with it. If they just left it here there was a good chance it’d just get back up and start blowing things up again so that was out of the question. Chandler asked if Joseph wanted to capture the dragon which wasn’t a bad idea at all.

”Hmm having a Salamence would be nice. I’ll do just that.” He replied taking out an empty pokeball and leisurely flicking it towards the dragon. With that out of the way their job was done here, just needed to tell the townsfolk and head on out.

”It was fun working with you Chandler, hopefully, we’ll get to do it again sometime.”

@bean6
mission
OOC: Capture Attempt