TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
a history of flame [m]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2020 21:12:34 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

A S S I G N M E N T

Digging Yourself Into A Hole!

| | |

Excited to be out and about for once with its newly met trainer, the Carbink did its best to curb its fervent curiosities and stick close to the spectacled young man. As the dirt trail they followed emerged out from the fields of ash-covered grass and into a large quarry, however, all the activity from nearby miners and machinery made it chirp with excitement. It soundlessly glided ahead of its dark-haired trainer happily, spinning around to soak in the view and look at all the beautiful earth.

Remiel raised a brow, but he allowed it.

Eventually, they reached the large, white research tent deep into the quarry that he'd been looking for. Beneath it, many interns and amateur scientists busily studied rocks of interest and data reports at their workstations. The man in charge, an archaeologist by the name of Flynt O'Connell, stood at the center of the research station where a coffee maker and pot had been placed. Remiel took a moment to regard the deep pit just ahead of the tent before advancing towards this man.

As Gelebor, his Carbink, eagerly eavesdropped on whatever the surrounding scientists were working on, Remiel calmly presented himself to the archaeologist just as he had been pouring himself a mug of joe. "My name is Remiel. I was sent here by the league to assist your team as a specialized research unit." He explained, holding out his hand for a shake— not something he cared to do, but something he'd been ingrained to do.

The man sputtered out a noise of surprise and quickly put down the coffee pot before shaking Remiel's hand. "A-Ah! Yes, of course! Flynt O'Connell, at your service! And, um... the others?" He asked, curiously looking around.

... others?

, @bean4
— mid-day; super cloudy and grey, but no ash-fall from the sky yet. miners keep away from the pit.

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a history of flame [m]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2020 3:49:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar

It's been so long since she's been in the field, and every bone in her body has been aching for a good expedition. So when one presents itself, she's already halfway there by the time they've got the tents set up. Flynt was a good man, and he knew how to put together a good dig, so Najwa was excited to work with him once more.

When she's told there will be others joining her, she waits by the entrance of the tent, and watches everyone who goes by.

The man who arrives first and speaks his name has her flipping through her notebook, writing it down, before coming over and holding out her hand. "Hello, I'm right here, Flint. No need to look too far." She nods and peers over the other man curiously, eyes scanning his hair and outfit, before looking back to Flynt, shrugging. "He'll do. There should be one more joining us shortly."

Finally, with her hand still extended, she looks back to the man and gives him her best work-appropriate smile. One she's practiced with because he was still one of the few people who could get a genuine smile out of her. One that wasn't practiced or rehearsed like the rest of her underdeveloped social cues.

"Doctor Najwa Essam." Najwa's smiles fades as she retracts her hand whether he takes it or not. "Pleasure to meet you. Remiel, was it? I jotted it down so that I wouldn't forget..." She glances at her notebook, and nods. "And another woman should be joining us shortly. Her name..." Najwa looks back through her notes, written in cryptic code, so that no one could steal her information. The cipher was of her own invention, and helped her remember things via dual-coding the information in her mind with different symbols and squiggles. It all looks like gibberish to an outsider, but that was the point.

"Illeana... Should be joining us shortly." She turns around and motions over her shoulder. "Let's get you kitted up."

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,521 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
a history of flame [m]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2020 5:06:14 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
Royalty is wasted on those who don't achieve definition in conflict and build their own legacy.
TAG @bean4 ,
POKÉMON

NOTES

transition
Despite the handshake, which he doesn't hesitate to reciprocate, Remiel doesn't bother with the niceties of a fabricated smile or flattery. His hand shake is firm, but brief. His apathetic blue-grey eyes locked onto her own, sharp and collected. "Remiel, yes." He responds after his hand breaks away from hers. As Najwa looks through the page of her notebook, the dark-haired royal takes notice of the cryptic symbols upon it. Before she looks up to catch him eyeing it, he turns to regard his Carbink, which had just bumped into the cabinet holding the coffee maker.

Remiel gave the floating stone a look and it relented, folding its ears back before floating back by his side.

"Ah, yes! Three's a crowd, I always say! This is most welcome." Flynt expressed happily, gesturing towards the equipment area when Najwa suggested they get ready. "Please help yourselves to the equipment the league provided. If you need anything, clap and I shall come! Or, eh... one of my assistants, more than likely. Doctor Essam, I leave this young buck to you." He grinned, slapping a hand against Remiel's back before offering him an approving nod then walking away.

Not having cared for the physical gesture but taking it quietly anyway, Remiel took a deep breath before exhaling through his nostrils. "Right then. Let's see what we have here." The lad speaks, moving forward with her.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
oh, drunken gods of slaughter, you know i've always been your favorite daughter.
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
a history of flame [m]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2020 4:50:08 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","posticon"]

[attr="class","posttag"]
@bean4

[attr="class","postwords"]

Oh no. She's late, very very late.[break][break]

The woman is rushing as fast as she can, with rosy cheeks and labored breathing. Her legs aren't made for this, despite their length, and god, her thighs burn but she has to keep going. Really, of all the days to oversleep and her body manages to pick this one? They'll start without her, maybe even go as far as to write her off the expedition all together! Oh god, her career would be over! Scientists should always be on time, this is something her parents instilled in her brain and yet, she still managed to mess that up.[break][break]

She begins to slow as she sees the research tent coming into view, struggling to catch her breath. Honestly, whoever runs for fun deserves all the credit because that really sucked! No matter, she'll put on her brightest smile and offer as many apologies as needed, right? That'll surely make up for her being terrible with time... Hopefully.[break][break]

It seems they have already begun and Illeana attempts to fix her hair into a manageable ponytail, making quick work of the unruly dark mess. Running and her hair do not mix. Luckily, she still somewhat looks the part of her job and so, she lingers outside the tent for just another moment before gently brushing the flap aside and entering. "Hello?" She calls, meek and awkward. Eyes turn to her instantly and she has to swallow back a soft squeak, lips curling into a shy smile. "I'm terribly sorry I'm late!" That sounds sincere, right? God, they'll think she's faking it! Oh god.[break][break]

"I'm, uh," she flounders, fiddling with her fingers. "I'm Illeana Reyes." Illeana stands awkwardly in the middle of the tent, uncertain of where her place actually is. She's supposed to be with two others, right? You know, she should really consider reading up on those she's working with in order to be able to actually know who they are... "I believe I'm supposed to be assisting with a special research unit?" She sounds ridiculous, completely not the scientist her parents crafted her into. No, she sounds like a child, unsure of what she's even doing here... Glancing around, it seems as though everyone is already in their gear and ready to go and she just blows in on the breeze rambling about helping out? God, so embarrassing! And so, with awkward legs and fidgeting hands, she waits, completely out of her element and growing more timid by the minute. Team, please come collect your child!

[attr="class","postpokes"]

[newclass=.post] width: 300px; background: #272727; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-size: 10.5px; font-family: tahoma; letter-spacing: .3px; text-align: justify; padding: 20px; border-radius: 3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.posticon] margin: 0 auto; position: relative; margin-bottom: 20px; border: 10px solid #303030; background: #303030; border-radius: 100%; height: 100px; width: 100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.posticon img] border-radius: 100%; border: 5px solid #202020; margin-left: -5px; margin-top: -5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postwords] padding: 25px; background: #303030; border-radius: 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.posttag] text-align: right; background: #373737; padding: 10px; border-radius: 3px 3px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttag a] text-decoration: none; color: #c25757; text-transform: uppercase; font-family: tahoma; font-weight: bold; font-size: 9px; letter-spacing: .6px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postpokes] color: #373737; border-radius: 0px 0px 3px 3px; padding-top: 10px; text-align: center; background: #373737; padding-bottom: 10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a history of flame [m]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2020 1:54:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar

As they walk among the tents, Najwa keeps a close eye on everything happening around her. There's a few teams digging, and another few actually brushing the sediment off of different minerals and fossils, in a tent just beyond the one where all their supplies were. She smiles softly, genuine, because she loves her job, and it makes her happy to see people doing good work.

"Don't mind Flynt, he doesn't know personal space." Najwa comments, lifting up some of the equipment and handing it off to Remiel. As she does so, her eyes catch the sight of another younger newcomer, rounding up on their site like a bat out of hell, all the while trying to look like she wasn't rushing. Najwa raises an eyebrow, and gestures for the workers to bring her over.

With an extended arm - the same courtesy that she has given Remiel - she shakes Illeana's hand and nods. "You're not too late, we were just getting started." Her hand retracts to grab another kit bag and some supplies, handing them over to Illeana. "Have either of you been trained in cave-in situational safety?" Najwa asks, glancing between them.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,521 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
a history of flame [m]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 9:25:00 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
Royalty is wasted on those who don't achieve definition in conflict and build their own legacy.
TAG @bean4 ,
POKÉMON

NOTES

underground report
Remiel says nothing when the young woman enters the tent, simply observing her body language and listening to her words while he straps himself up with a tool belt Najwa handed him. He turns to the aforementioned woman when Illeana stops, expecting their squad leader to cover the introduction as they finish their preparations. Sure enough, she does just that. When she asks whether either of them have been trained in cave safety, he nods. "Naturally." 

His indifferent blue-grey eyes have settled back on Illeana, however, and, after he securely straps on a miner's helmet, he reaches out to shake hands. "Remiel Calcifet, anthropologist at Dev Corp." His nearby Carbink, in the meantime, floats over to meet the new person.

"Bribriiink?"

The black-haired royal ignores the floating rock as it looks up at Illeana, instead turning back to their head scientist as he finishes up. "The report says they've already gone through several layers of strata. They believe the cave is linked to something of human origin."
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
oh, drunken gods of slaughter, you know i've always been your favorite daughter.
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
a history of flame [m]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2020 19:08:22 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
they both stare at her, as if she's possibly the weirdest thing to ever enter the tent and a soft squeak escapes as she fidgets. she knows it's probably nothing and probably in response to her lack of composure as she just flew in here but god, her mind is already reeling with thoughts of judgement. she feels small compared to them, a lost child crying for her mother. how is she supposed to be a great scientist when this happens? get a grip, illie. it's fine.

the woman beckons for the assistants around her to bring illeana closer and they obey, herding the dark haired girl toward najwa without hesitation. while they cross the short distance, illeana attempts to smooth her hair down, taming the wild ponytail into something more manageable with trembling fingers. she has to look presentable, even though she definitely just threw that option right out the window the second she stepped into the tent. still, appearances are everything, right? who would want to work with a scientist who looks like she currently does? no one, that's who.

a hand is extended to her once she gets close enough for introductions and she glances down at it before meekly extending her own to complete the handshake. relief washes over her as she woman confirms that she isn't, in fact, late and that they were just about to start. if she had been really late, would they have even let her in? oh boy... before her mind can run with that, the woman retracts her hand and illeana fidgets, newly idle hands moving to smooth over the fabric of her jeans. look casual, illie. you do this kind of thing, you're not an outsider it's okay! except, she definitely feels like an outsider and her mind is being mean.

"um," she squeaks, glancing down at her shoes as she talks. her cheeks are already heating up with hot embarrassment from just that one innocent question. "no, i haven't really done anything like this before." she could die of mortification now, right? to admit that piece of information to these two obviously qualified people just feels like social suicide. although, in her defense, she spends most of her time in a lab pouring herself into dna samples to really explore caves... still, she's embarrassed and the sudden urge to leave bubbles in her chest. the newly acquired kit jingles in her hands as her grip tightens, knuckles close to white. is this the time where she should give herself a pep talk?

the man steps forward, then, and voices his confirmation of his own training. the way he says it sounds as if it's normal to be trained in this endeavor, as if being asked such a question is demeaning. her cheeks flush further, the once rosy flesh becoming a hot red. is he going to make fun of her for not being trained? oh god, please no. she'll cry and then she'll have to leave.

his hand extends toward her as his attention shifts entirely to herself and she stares at his hand, timid and afraid for practically no reason. remiel, a nice name. should she compliment it? admire his status? what should she do? it takes a moment before the woman places her hand in his, giving a slight shake and forcing a shy smile to her lips. "illeana reyes, geneticist." that sounds scientific and correct, right? should she have said researcher instead? introductions are hard.

her hand releases his and falls back to her side for a moment before a carbink joins her, blinking up at her with curious eyes. it murmurs at her and the woman can't help but step toward it, dark eyes lighting up with admiration. "oh, hello there!" she coos, shifting her kit to one hand so her newly freed hand could rise to stroke the carbink's head. "you're adorable." it's probably not in her best interest to just ignore the people in front of her, however, and so she glances back toward the two as they begin to talk. remiel begins diving into the report and she stays silent, her hand absentmindedly stroking at the carbink's head further. this isn't her element, really, so she has no problem just listening for the moment. besides, remiel and najwa seem more than capable of completing this task without her... right? ugh, she really is in over her head. why did she think her area of expertise would be any sort of helpful in this situation?
flammaenixlapisaliumdeus
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a history of flame [m]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2020 0:44:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"Oh." Najwa blinks and stares at Illeana as she answers she hasn't done this before, before shrugging and smiling. "Well then, it's an honour to be the first to teach you, since now you'll know how to do it right." She hums softly and hands off gear to Illeana, before looking back to Remiel, who was already set up and releasing a pokemon.

Illeana's profession, however, has Najwa's attention. A geneticist? She smiles and raises an eyebrow, waiting for Remiel to finish speaking, giving her the run-down. "I'm aware, Mr. Calcifet." She pulls out a pokeball and releases her Kabutops, directing him to get his own gear. The fossil pokemon kits up in a special little backpack that was hanging on a rack, mindful of where his razor-sharp arms went, before directing his attention back to the group.

"So, we have our gear, we have our rundown, thank you Mr. Calcifet for filling Ms. Reyes in. Are we ready to proceed? The shaft elevator is this way." Najwa gestures and starts walking towards the dig site, holding onto the straps of her backpack. "Before we go in, I have a quick call to make." She pulls out her phone and gestures for them to pass her.

"Hey, darling. I'm just about to head into the tunnels... Are you sure you're not busy?... Alright, well... I was just ondering if you wanted to get Orange Island food tonight... Okay... I love you too... See you later. Mwah." She hangs up and tucks her phone away, giving the two helpers a little smile. "Forgot to call him earlier." She shrugs her shoulders and points down the shaft into the tunnel. "And there's definitely no reception where we're going."

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,521 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
a history of flame [m]
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2020 9:48:28 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
TAG , @bean4
POKÉMON

The mention of Illeana being a geneticist certainly piques the black-haired royal's interest. But, sadly, there's not enough time to investigate it further as the preparation towards their assignment proceeds. As Gelebor gently rubs the side of his head against Illeana's petting, hoping it'll leave a nice polish, Najwa releases a Kabutops that goes to fetch their equipment. This, too, captures Remiel's attention. Fossil pokémon always had, anyway.

When asked whether he was ready, the Galarian nodded. "Quite. Let's proceed." Then, with only a brief moment of hesitation spared to make sure their inexperienced member was ready, he would walk ahead towards the shaft elevator. He doesn't regard Ms. Essam as she makes her call, nor cares to eavesdrop on it. Instead, he opens up the metal gate that once barred entry onto the elevator and gestures for them to enter.

"Ladies first, please." He insists. Even his Carbink has placed itself beside its master, happily waiting for the others to board the elevator so they can get going.

MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
a history of flame [m]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2020 19:23:22 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
she flushes as soon as najwa's words hit her ears, hands attempting to fiddle with her kit. it's bulky and heavy, probably more suited to be worn at the back but she's used to carrying things at her hips. it fastens around her waist with a click and she busies herself with checking it over once, twice, thrice. it settles against her usual belt with a clink, the tools hitting against her pokeballs with each movement. eh, it's fine, it'll all be fine. "thank you," she murmurs toward najwa, a small smile rising to her lips. "the honor is all mine!" most people can't say that a woman with such an impressive background has taught them. perhaps she's the first? oh god, she can't let her down if that's the case...

illeana misses their interest in her occupation, busying herself with petting remiel's carbink with one hand and continuing to fiddle with her kit with the other. her attention is divided evenly between the two tasks, with only the briefing filtering in through her ears. several layers of the earth have already been broken through, dissected and studied. now, they're sending the three of them in to study the cave? she probably should ask more questions but... being late forces her to stay quiet and simply try to grasp the situation from their words alone. her attention is snagged, however, by the appearance of najwa's kabutops. it's an impressive pokemon, one she hasn't actually had the chance to see face to face. sure, books and studies cover the basics but seeing one in person? that's so exciting. as if feeling pressured to release her own partner, she fumbles toward her belt and snags a pokeball. out comes her trusty ninetales, looking calm and collected with a swish of her tails. she had brought another pokemon to help but... with a glance down at her belt, she decides against the golurk for the time being. it doesn't dawn on her yet that flammae is probably a poor choice for a cave exploration but she'll catch on eventually. and so, with a simple nod to display her readiness, they begin.

she follows najwa's lead, hands now rising to settle against her chest. she's nervous, her body growing weary as they make their way toward the elevators. is this safe? what if the cave collapses? will they even find anything? her mind is racing with dozens of thoughts and she can't focus on anything other than getting her legs to move. najwa begins talking beside her, mentioning something about making a phone call and then the space is filled with her voice as she chats away with someone on the other line. it's cute, really, and illeana almost feels bad for witnessing such a personal moment. she averts her eyes toward her feet as they shuffle toward the elevator, with remiel already closing in on the elevator before the two women.

he opens the door without hesitation before gesturing toward them. ladies first, he says, and she flushes, uncertainty beginning to rise. "oh," she murmurs, voice soft. "okay." her steps are tentative, unsure, and she's a little too aware of how small the space is and it's overwhelming. flammae brushes against her legs in an attempt to comfort her trainer as the ninetales takes initiative and enters first. illeana follows, sliding in and placing herself in the furthest corner of the elevator. there, she'll gaze down at her feet again as she waits for the rest of the team to enter, one of her hands drifting down toward flammae's head to stroke at her fur.
flammaenixlapisaliumdeus
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
a history of flame [m]
POSTED ON May 24, 2020 8:29:20 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]thread complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you three receive the following: 10 pokedollars & 1 infamy!
[break]