played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Annie Answers?
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2020 19:46:47 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","anniepost"]
In the middle of the mall, a vagrant seemed to have become a saleswoman.

“Excuse me! Sir! Very important question!” Annie flagged down yet another of Lilycove’s holiday tourists, who’d been lured by too many salesmen to bother giving her a smile. That wouldn’t be enough to deter the girl. She was more than used to unfriendly faces, and gave an unwavering grin in return. “Which of these two do you think looks better on me?”

Both arms gestured towards a pair of mannequins. The outfits they wore shared some similarities. The same colours – black like her hair, red like her eyes. The same hat adorned the sets, which was… unique, to say the least. Both looked far newer than what Annie was wearing, a simple shirt and trousers, too light for the remnants of Hoenn's freak snowfall, and faded from what had to be months of use.

Beyond that, they were two very different costumes; one was a casual outfit fit for a tomboy, while the other was best described as a high school theatre production’s idea of a dictator, complete with cape and chain. There wasn’t much ground to compare either, and yet, there she was, harassing passers-by for an answer.

The man scoffed and walked off. Of course he did. Stupid adults always did, but that wouldn’t stop her. She’d keep asking, flagging down every other shopper she saw, until one of them gave in.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]
wizz

[newclass=".anniepost"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost i"]font-style:italic;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Annie Answers?
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2020 0:36:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Joseph stopped, halting his relatively quick and smooth stride, one that was getting many things done on this busy day of his to heed the words of some uncouth youth. And what was she blabbering on about?

Much to his surprise it had something to do with a pair of outfits; she wanted someone’s opinion on them? One look and Joseph rather apathetic look turned into a sour one. He clicked his tongue a few times and shook his head before responding to the girl. ”Is this really what people in Hoenn consider fashionable?” Whoever allowed her to put up these mannequins should be ashamed of themselves.

”They’re both different levels of no.” He began pointing to the more extravagant of the two. ”Please tell me you’re not actually thinking about wearing this one out in public, right? This must be for some sort of school play? Going to a costume party or a fair, right?” Even if any of those were the case the outfits were still below Joseph’s standards.

”And this one is not as bad as the other but is incredibly inappropriate for this kind of weather and is so boring.” He said, pointing to the other one.

He’d then tilt his head, examining the hat that was placed on the top of the mannequin. ”But I suppose if I had to pick one it would be this one…it’s an actual normal outfit besides this hat.” It was for the most part just a jacket and a skirt.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Annie Answers?
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2020 8:08:44 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
Tagging: @joseph
The good news was that somebody finally gave her an answer. The bad news was that it was a pretty harsh one. The girl pulled a frown at his teardown of her two lovely costumes. “It’s a signature look!” She answered a bit too quickly and a bit too loudly, realising as much shortly after she’d spoken. When she continued, her voice was a little closer to a regular person’s volume. “When I’m on all the covers of Hoenn’s magazines, I want a style that says ‘yep, mhm, that’s Annie! Couldn’t be anybody else!’ What’s that one phrase about dressing for the job you want?” She ruminated for a few seconds before shaking her head of the thought.

“This one-“ She gestured to the ‘casual’ outfit. “Is less intense, but definitely not boring! Sure, it’s not the best winter wear, but if I can’t afford that then I’ll just slap some tights and gloves on this. There’s only, what, six weeks left of cold left anyway, right?” She’d survived that long in ‘autumn clothes’, and only thought she’d freeze to death twelve times! “Besides, you’re not giving me enough credit. These are colour-coordinated outfits made to match me. Plus, a really cool hat, because I’ve always wanted one.”
wizz

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Annie Answers?
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2020 21:26:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Joseph rolled his eyes has she mentioned a ‘signature look’. How many times had heard someone say that? Too many times to count and almost every time it was to justify some gaudy outfit that belonged in the trash and this was no different.

He’d listen to her with little enthusiasm as she went on and on and continued to prove to him that she had no idea what she talking about when it came to fashion. No one who thinks that hat looks anything other than silly could try to pawn themselves off as having idea as to what they were doing.

”Right I’m sure you’ll be all over the cover of Hoenn’s magazines.” Joseph scoffed. ”If those magazines are doing a how not to dress headline that week.” He’d sigh, pinching his brows and calming himself down before he went too hard on the girl.

”You know you could just get an actual nice outfit that’s appropriate for the winter instead of frakensteining this mess.” Maybe she should be reading magazines instead of trying to get on them, it’d do her a lot more good than this.

”And color coordination is not something to really brag anyone can put red and white together. Besides the outfits only man eye grabber is the red and once you actually look at them you’ll find that they’re dull. ” He’d point to the one with the cape.

”And what does that outfit even have outside of that bloody curtain that’s appealing? take it from someone who's had experience in the industry, honey. you need to head back to the drawing board.”

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Annie Answers?
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2020 8:49:15 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
Even if she hadn’t been smiling before, the energy in her voice and movements told of the enthusiasm Annie was known best for. It was a small accomplishment, then, that the stranger’s teardown had managed to strip her of both. She looked offended, and for a second, hurt. Then she settled on offended – and defensive. Burying whatever constructive criticism he had to offer under cold comments and insults had, perhaps unsurprisingly, not gone down well.

“Wow. Okay. Cool. Thanks for getting my hopes up, but I think I would’ve preferred you just walking on like everybody else. Didn’t your mother ever tell you if you have nothing nice to say, then stay hush-hush and keep moving?” A Pokemon like Kit had known Annie well enough to know there was a problem if her face could be best described as ‘irritated’. He poked out from between the mannequins, or rather, his head, hair and neck did. The rest of his body should have been behind the doll, but there was no way that a beast of his size could be hidden by it. It was a tell-tale sign of an illusion at work, especially to somebody familiar with his kind.

An inquisitive look from her first Pokemon said enough. “It’s fine, Kit. I’m fine. I’m just not here to have some guy take a dump all over my opinion.” Joseph had earned dirty looks from both of them for his efforts.
wizz

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Annie Answers?
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 4:50:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Joseph rolled his eyes, children can be so overdramatic. ”No my Mother didn’t actually.” This was only a bit of an exaggeration. An eyebrow rose as he watched the Zoroark appear from behind the mannequins which would explain this whole ordeal. The looks he was getting from them didn’t make him feel guilty rather they annoyed him.

”Jeez fine if just put some damn pants on the other one then it’d be a fine outfit. Feel better?” He groaned. Joseph then looked around the surrounding area and the back to the girl and repeated this action before pointing an accusing finger at her.

”Where are your parents, kid?” He’d abruptly ask. ”Don’t think it’s a smart idea for you to be out here all by your lonesome. Come with some friends at least?” Or was she actually just a straight up street rat.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Annie Answers?
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 21:33:36 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
Neither of the pair looked particularly impressed or convinced, but at least they’d gotten him to hold his tongue. The Zoroark drew his head back behind the mannequin, eyes fixed on the stranger the whole time. “There we go! Thank you. The constructive criticism is much appreciated! I’ve only got the money for one outfit, so I’ve gotta make sure that one ticks all the boxes.”

He asked for her parents; she raised an eyebrow. The word ‘Dead’ rested on her lips for a second, but she settled for “Don’t know and don’t care!” instead. “I’ve managed for this long without them around, so I’m not about to change that now. It’s just me. So definitely don’t call security about a lost child. It’ll just waste everybody’s time.” Her distaste for the guards was audible, which wasn’t too surprising if her current scheme was indicative of her usual day.
wizz

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Annie Answers?
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 2:06:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Oh wow she was definitely handling this whole not having parents around really well. ”Right right. I’m sure you’re great at taking care of yourself.” He should really walk away this point and mind his own business, dealing with a street rat was nothing but trouble. But whether it is by some actual feeling of concern for the kid or just the fact that Joseph was feeling nosy and bored he decided that he’d go further with this.

”You do have like a place that you stay at right? You’re not sleeping in a box in some alley. A fashionable box I’m sure.”

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Annie Answers?
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 19:30:25 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
There was a silence. A brief silence, but from a motor mouth, it was like an eternity. A smile completely frozen in her pause said what words wouldn’t. “I’m here, aren’t I? And I’ve got everything I need to buy one whole outfit! That’s about as fine as I need to be right now.” A quick shooing gesture told Kit to dispel the illusion; the mannequins were replaced by a cautious Zoroark.

“So, we’ll go and try what you said. Similar outfit, but a little more stylish. Thanks for your help, Mister!” She wasn’t doing the best job of hiding that she suddenly wanted to be done. Experience had taught her how the conversation went once it teetered towards her lifestyle. Strangers asked too many questions, she felt compelled to answer, they gave a show of pity, but not enough to actually help. She’d be left in a sour mood with nothing to show for it, and that wasn’t the tone she wanted to set for her shopping trip.
wizz

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Annie Answers?
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 1:59:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
”No problem, kid.” Joseph replied, watching as she got herself together to leave. She could put up this act all she wanted but there was no fooling anyone, especially not Joseph.

Though the way she acted was a bit nostalgic, which is probably why Joseph wasn’t really all that annoyed with her. She was used to this song and dance that was much was clear but didn’t know she was talking to someone who could relate to her on some level.

”Good luck.”