orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
Opportunity
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2020 16:38:19 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

"They make me nervous, too," he confesses. Light, self-deprecating laughter suggests at a genuine statement. "I was sweating bullets when I first met Lars, and he wasn't even Head Ranger back then! But he's a nice guy, I promise."

Orion's already decided that he'll make no mention of this incident to the man. He remembers how Laurence had frightened the life out of him down in the depths of the Seafloor Cavern, when they'd both been revealed to have went along with Cotillard's plans. He doesn't want Lars to pull that dead-serious-interrogation shtick with Annie.

She's smiling, now, and that makes Orion feel far better about the situation.

"I know you will." She's got that sort of attitude about her. Fierce, determined. She's got the makings of a great ranger if they'll just give her a chance. "I'll get in touch with him as soon as I can, and get back to you. Do... you have any way of getting in contact?"

He realises, belatedly, that a homeless girl might not have a phone. E-mail, perhaps, from a public library?

[newclass=.orion] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11.5px;background-color:#444444;padding:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b] color: #4ab97b; font-weight:lighter;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Opportunity
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2020 12:57:53 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","anniepost"]
Tagging:
Annie looked doubtful until the man explained himself. Apparently, he wasn’t just agreeing for the sake of making her feel better. They had different reasons (which was great; she didn’t know if her heart would take him being a serial killer or something), but a little common ground. It helped put her mind at ease.

“If I’m trying to call somebody, I track down a payphone, but if they’re trying to get to me…” She paused, drawing a finger to her lip. “Huh. Haven’t had that problem yet. Then again, I guess I wouldn’t know, since they couldn’t get in touch with me. Oh! I have an email. I think I had to make one to do a job. I can’t check it often, just when I’m near a library, and even then…” No home meant no address. No address meant no ID. No ID meant no library card. No library card meant sneaking on to a computer when a kid got distracted by flashing lights and abandoned the one they’d logged into.

“I can make it work. If I had to guess, it’s anniemei@pmail.com. And if not, you’ll know because it’ll bounce. I mean, who else is called Annie Mei around here?” Back in her usual spirits, the girl offered a relaxed shrug to him. She’d been through too many bad days to let a near-arrest keep her down for long. “I’ll stay close to a city, and check in every day until I see something from you. Sound good?”
[attr="class","wizzcred"]
wizz

[newclass=".anniepost"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost i"]font-style:italic;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
Opportunity
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 0:56:00 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

Orion pulls a notebook from his pocket. It's a simple black number within which he records any important information for use in his reports to the ranger station. He flicks to a blank page and writes down her e-mail, making sure to confirm the spelling.

He then flips the page again and scrawls something of his own. His writing leaves a little to be desired, but at least it isn't unreadable chicken scratch. He carefully tears out the lined page and hands it over.

"My e-mail, so you know it's from me. I left my phone number, too: if I haven't gotten back to you in a few, feel free to give me a call and find out what's up." He didn't want her to think he'd simply up and bail out on her. She needed reliable people in her life, after so much had already gone wrong. "Hell, feel free to use it even if you just need a hand with something. I know payphones are going out of style, a bit, but most Pokemon Centers will let you use their phone if you ask."

[newclass=.orion] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11.5px;background-color:#444444;padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Opportunity
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2020 14:23:29 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
Tagging:
Something told Annie that she wouldn’t be getting any other emails to confuse his with, but she took the note from him anyway. Who knew when it could come in handy? The number was a little more appealing to her, seeing as she’d already had to call one person for help before, but the tale of Annie and Goliath could wait for another day. “Just know that I’m very persistent, so don’t make me have to check up on you.” Her tone told that she was only half-joking, and even then, mostly because he’d been nice to her.

“So, er… I hate to ask for anything else right now, but…” Two sweeping arms gestured to the floor, or rather, roof they were standing on. Of all the thief’s tricks she’d brought along, a flying Pokemon hadn’t been one of them. “If you could help me down… Somewhere those angry guys won’t find me, if that’s an option.”
wizz

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
Opportunity
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2020 19:36:25 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

Taking it as a joke, Orion laughs and responds in kind. "I have no doubt that you could find me if you tried."

Aside from the fact that he was now appointed to a very public position on the Council, and had an office to which a persistent individual could stop by, Annie was the most determined kid he's ever met. This meant a lot to her, besides.

"Oh, yeah!" Another laugh as she gestures to the roof beneath their feet. "I owe you lunch, remember? I'll have Circe bring us over to Slateport; it's close enough that she can handle the warp, but far enough they won't be looking for you there."

His Alakazam begins to spin her spoons, eyes closed and third one opened.

"Unless you needed to be in Mauville?"

Orion steps up next to the psychic-type, ready for teleportation the moment that Annie confirms one way or another.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Opportunity
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2020 20:37:19 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
She quickly shook her head. “I need to be anywhere but Mauville right now. It’s just a good place to find mark-“ An abrupt pause, and a shift of her head away from him. Part of the trouble of not having many people to talk to was forgetting when to stop when somebody was around. He might have guessed that there was a method to her madness, and that it was how she’d kept out of trouble for so long, but bragging about it seemed… backhanded, after all they’d said.

Besides, she knew that he’d want him to do better.

“It… was a good place to do what I needed to do. Now, not so much.” Quick feet carry her over to Circe before they can dwell too much on that. “Wait, it’s that easy? Man, I gotta find me a teleporting Pokemon next! These trainers aren’t going to last much longer if I keep walking everywhere.”
wizz

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,705 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Opportunity
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2020 4:54:03 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 poké, 10 infamy (covering up a crime), 3 lucky letters.
[break]