Sightseeing

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Sightseeing
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2020 1:06:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alec had decided to stay in Mauville for a little while longer. It was not only because it was his first time in Hoenn, but he wanted to actually explore the city itself!. He would always have an opportunity for a Gym challenge or going out to Catch wild Pokemon, but to just sit back and enjoy the little things? That was something that Alec was beginning to do. When he first had become a trainer, he was impatient always running ahead to either go train, or to go battle a Gym battle. It was like he had ants in his pants or something. But now, it had dialed down some. He still had a lot of work to do in terms of that department, but he has shown some small improvements over the years. His Piplup Iris was in his arms feeling comfortable just being right there. She had also seemed to be sleepy. It would have been less of a Hassle to keep her in her Pokeball, however Alec didn't mind her resting in his arms. 

It was then that she had started to yawn slowly, her eyes blinking awake as she looked at Alec. Alec couldn't help but smile at her. "Well, good morning sleepyhead!" he said, his words soft as he had a grin on his face. She looked around while still in her arms, trying to examine the area thoroughly. This was the first time Alec had ever had one of his Pokemon out and about in a city.

Inferno, Alec's Charmander would run off if something he liked had caught his attention. Iris however was Different. She never liked not being far away from her trainer. She had a very confusing personality. She was indeed timid, however there were times where she had a sense of pride that would outshine her timid nature. "Should we go look for the Gym, Iris? We won't challenge it yet, but we can still go take a quick peek! What do ya say?" Iris contemplated for a minute, thinking about it really hard while looking cute. She then perked happily and nodded. "Alright, then lets go!" With excitement, Alec began to move from where he had stopped but suddenly had bumped into someone on accident. "Sorry about that! I didn't mean to bump into you!" he said, immediately giving the stranger an apology.

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Sightseeing
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2020 7:02:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Oi." 

A slender hand gently pokes at the mass of white fluff and bird resting on top of a young woman's head. A pinkette stood somewhere in the middle of the road, trying to gently jab at the bird with the cloudy feathers to get off her. It was as though she were physically nagging it, what with it being so damn adamant in turning the trainer's head into a permanent nest.

"How many times do we gotta go over this..?" she sighs, beginning to pull out a pair of headphones from her bag. "I can't listen to my music when you sit up there, and you always peck me until you get 'em off. Come on. I wanna listen to something" and, despite her pleas, the swablu ignored her. It even had the audacity to nuzzle its beak further into the mass of cloud to cover its ears. 

So.. Swablu, one. Vanessa, zero. Tis the cruelty of life, in the form of a really sassy swablu. With a defeated sigh, Vanessa continues to walk down the streets of Mauville. The city was her kind of place, having grown up in what was consider a metropolis with how much happened around and about. Made her feel comfortable, closer to home and whatnot. Hence, it wasn't hard for her to get used to the twists and turns of the city itself after a bit of exploring the day or two before, and shutting herself in a bit afterwords to take a looksie at some nice places to go to. Or a good place to sit and eat. Hopefully, the cafes were on par with what she was given in galar.. 

But just as she was lost in her thoughts, she was met with an unceremonious bump to the back, followed by some force that knocked her back. She staggers but, thankfully, maintained her balance. Her swablu didn't, evident by the squawk it screeches out while falling out of her head. Despite the circumstances, she still found it a bit funny with how swablu didn't want to get off. Before it could hop back onto her head, she sweeps it up and into her arms. 

Vanessa turns her attention back to the trainer, offering a somewhat lazy smile under the bangs of her hair. "No biggie" she chuckles, beginning to stroke the top of the swablu's head "you got this one off my head, so I should probably thank you." 

One look at him and his pokemon, though, and she could assume that he was a trainer. Well.. There was a gym in Mauville, so the next question was "You off in a rush somewhere?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Sightseeing
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2020 7:53:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alec had took note of the girl along with her Pokemon which was a Swablu. He had learned about Swablu when he was doing his textbook Training back in Blackthorne City so long ago. He never thought he'd actually see one up close though and it was actually rather cute looking, the Ace Trainer Admitted. Iris was a little nervous, burying her face in his shirt, her beak digging into his chest slightly which kind of hurt.

"It's okay, Iris! I don't think they're gonna do anything bad," he said gently, trying to get her not only get her to open up but to also get her beak out of his chest. She sensed Alec's slight discomfort, looking up at him, and then at the girl and her Swablu. She squeaked out a trill to the Swablu, possibly saying hello to it. That's a cute looking Swablu by the way! This is actually my first time seeing one up close." He admitted with a grin on his face.

When she had asked where he was off too he smirked happily and said, "Well, me and Iris were gonna go take a look at the Gym that was here in the city! I'm not sure If my team would be ready for it, but I'd definitely like to gibe it a try!" Alec said. Surprisingly enough he still sounded rather confident or at least the way he said it, he did. However, this was his first time in Hoenn so he had no idea if he actually could win or not. It was a fifty-fifty of anything.

"Also, I'm Alec - Alec Foster! It's a pleasure to meet ya! And as you probably guessed this is My Piplup, Iris!" He said holding out his Piplup a little. "She may seem a little timid at first but she can also be pretty prideful when she wants to be," and with that, Piplup looked at her trainer having a small angry puffy face, but knew that it was the absolute truth, so she turned away blushing a little. The response made Alec laugh and peck Iris on the head with a kiss. "See? This is what I mean," he said chuckling a little. It was obvious that he absolutely loved his Piplup. However, he loved all of his Pokemon. It was then that Alec had an idea. "Say, I know we just met and all but did you wanna join me and go look at the Gym? Might check around the city in general. This is my first time being in Hoenn to be honest and I have a very poor sense of direction. Could you please show me around?" He asked the girl politely. "Also,if ya don't mind me asking, what's your name?"

-His Piplup is so cute! ^^-

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Sightseeing
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2020 2:08:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The swablu in her arms was less than pleased with how her trainer refused to let her nest on top of her head. The swablu chirps in her arms, yet again, in a slight act of rebellion when she begins to flap the cotton wings. Vanessa turns her attention down to the rowdy little thing, only to gently flick the bird's forehead to get it to hush. "Jinco's a little rowdy" the trainer comments, lifting her arms up to adjust her hold on the blue bird. 

And in response, she hears the pout and grumble of an irritated swablu. Jinco only turned her attention away from Vanessa, hearing the tiny, blue penguin chirping up alongside her and offer a greeting. Jinco took a nice attitude shift, going from spoiled to cheerful by flashing a warm smile towards the water pokemon. The smile only broadened upon getting some praise from another trainer - said praise only serving to feed her already large enough ego. 

His explanation amused her; the gym? Not all surprising. It's where most trainers went, anyhow. "I heard the gymleader in this city is pretty young" though, she couldn't exactly recall which one. There were few female gym leaders in the region, but she does recall them all to be relatively youthful. At least, not as old as the older people around and about on the news. Heck, she's even heard that some of the elite four were around her age. 

Talk about setting standards. 

She shakes the thought away, in favour of giving the piplup and other trainer some of her attention. Honestly speaking? She was holding back the urge to poke at the little thing to see how chubby it was. Were piplup chubby? Or was it just their feathers and fur? Appearances aside, though, the trainer's description is close to what she'd imagine a piplup to be like, anyways. A complete change to her toxel. 

Putting her hands against her knees, she lowers herself a bit to get a better look at the piplup. With a small smile on her face, she raises a hand from the swablu. "She's really cute" her voice chimes, before straightening back up. When asked about showing him around and such, she gives a nonchalant shrug of her shoulders. "... Eh. Why not? I've been meaning to walk around, anyways." She turns and walks a bit ahead, only to tilt her head to look over her shoulder. "Name's Vanessa. Floof here is Jinco. Nice to meet you~" and with that, she began to walk a little bit ahead. 

"Anywhere in particular you wanna see? Landmarks? Cafes?"

That piplup is precious :uwu:

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Sightseeing
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2020 8:20:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alec had chuckled a little when Vanessa had mentioned her Swablu. "I know that feeling too. At first, my Dragon Pokemon were like that, but now, they are actually my most well-behaved Pokemon. Aside from Iris, of course," he said, His Piplup eyeing him down that practically said, 'I better one of your well-behaved Pokemon!' To be quite truthful he like how Piplup could be so prideful and yet be so cute at the same time.

Alec smiled lightly when Vaness had agreed to go around to show him the city. He was also glad that he made a new friend so quickly. He was actually kind of nervous that him being an outsider of Hoenn would either make him unlikeable or something, but obviously he had nothing to worry about in that department. After all, everything had seemed to be going alright with Vanessa, right?

"Hmm, I honestly wouldn't mind checking out the cafe's first! If you want I can get you a drink. Then once we finish our drinks we can go around looking at the landmarks! How about that? Alec had asked her. After all, it was the nicest thing to do since she had been nice enough to show him around Mauville.

-Notes-

[/quote]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Sightseeing
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 1:56:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
so much for a quiet stroll around the city. looks like she was gonna be going around with a plus one. 

not that she was complaining, really. another person made it a bit more lively, even though she much preferred her own company and drowned out voices behind the headphones playing its good music. and, honestly speaking, she was pretty aimless with where her feet were going to take her. vanessa smiles, slightly, while pondering on where to start. 

"a cafe sounds nice~" she chimes, quietly, with her hands in her pockets. the trainer tilts her head in a casual manner, then cocking her head in the direction down to a food court. well.. it was more of a plaza with a couple of good places she knew of. though it was rare in galar, she heard that there was, possibly, a nice bubble tea place that a kanto couple had opened up. she had it maybe once or twice, or a few times, but never again. the closest she could get was a milkshake, but it never had the tea base nor the tapioca. 

or just a pastry. pastries were nice, too. galar had too many crumpets and too much tea. 

"but," she starts, only moving her hand from the pocket to hold up. her smile widens a bit, as did the cheerful gleam in her eyes from beneath her bangs "i'll be fine paying myself. i'll recommend something good for you, though!" 

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Sightseeing
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2020 0:09:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar

It wasn’t an unknown fact that Alec was very sociable towards people. It didn’t matter if they were someone he knew or if they were a complete stranger to him. He was always nice to them, unless of course their facial expressions and attitude was something that wasn’t desirable for the young trainer.

However, people like that, he tried his best to avoid, and it was safe to assume that Vanessa was not the type to swindle him let alone harm him in any way. She actually seemed like a nice person to be around! “I know right! All those pastries and drinks sound delicious!” Alec said with a big goofy grin. His Piplup had chirped at Alec’s words, seeming to understand what he had meant.

“Sure! No problem! After all, I suck at making choices,” Alec said, letting out a nervous chuckle. It was then that the two of them had begun to make their way to one of the nearby Cafe’, presumably Vanessa leading the way. Alec looked around, beginning to admire the place. It wasn’t like any of the Cafe’s that you’d see in the Johto Region. Even the ones in big cities were smaller than these ones.

“This one is huge! I’ve never seen a Cafe so big before!” Alec said, continuing to admire the space of the Cafe.

-sorry if its a little botchy :/ if you need me to make edits pls lemme know! <3 -