1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Beast tracking [open mission]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2020 2:58:13 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

She takes to the outskirts of Oldale, rumors of aggressive dragons in the area attracting her attention. Though Isra has many of her own already she can't pass up the chance to acquire another. Especially if they live up to the kinds of stories the rumors have been filled with.

It's well past dark and despite that Isra has found tracks of the beast near one of plots of crops that sit in the outer parts of Oldale. It was obvious by the looks of the plants themselves that the creature had burned and eaten its fill before moving on. It was the plight that had gotten her called out to take care of it despite what was normally a full schedule of tasks.

Isra walks with a steady pace, following the trail of broken branches and scorch marks through the outskirts in search of the pokemon, soon to find she was not the only one sent out on the same endeavor.

>>open
mission

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #8e4e5d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2020 5:30:22 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

[attr="class","merrkpokesI"]

the destruction caused by wild dragon pokemon was certainly a problem that someone would have to fix. luckily for the people of hoenn that problem was no problem at all for the likes of pokenger! making his way through the outskirts of town following the trail left behind by the perpetrators kazimir was starting to have thoughts. even if they were dangerous anything that could cause this type of damage was probably worth adding to his team, after all a hero's job was to tame wild beasts wasn't it? and a heavy hitter like this could easily hold his own against a few rocket goons.

as his feet step over the broken branches, their crunch causing a bit of anxiety in his chest, he stopped when he noticed something. well noticed someone who had found their way out here as well. "hey! y'know there's dangerous beasts out here. if it ain't evident enough!" he warned the woman as he approached fully in costume, "you should return home civilian. your friendly neigherhood pokenger will handle the dragon that's running rampart around here. so no worries ok?"

[attr="class","merrktagI"] [break][break] mission

[newclass=.merrkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkI b] color: #44d4e4; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 8px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2020 5:52:09 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

What.

What.

Her stare is blank, trying to process what approaches her and like a computer finding an unreadable file, failing. She's seen her fair share of oddballs, especially roaming the streets of Lilycove at night but some things were still beyond her. If he had at least shown clear signs of being drunk she might have accepted the sight but he certainly wasn't.

"Sir?" she tries to sound polite, she really does. But there's no real polite way to ask this

"Are you drunk and/or high? If so I must ask you as a league official to return to your home to avoid harm. I've been officially dispatched to handle the dragon that has been seen out here."

The answer had to be yes right? There couldn't possibly be any other reason for this right? She's at a complete loss processing the matter and falling back on a script is the only action she can manage. The woman's eyes shift off to the shadows, a flicker of something reassuring her for a moment. Her ghosts following her from the midplane would be enough to handle the situation, they'll know to intercept things if need be.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2020 6:09:45 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

what.

she was a league official? now he just felt stupid. then again the concept of having a secret identity meant he had to keep his distance from the league for various reasons. the most common was that his methods of vigilantism being sort of...not really legal. ok they were like five percent illegal. no one's ever really told him to stop so why stop now?

"oh i'm sorry. I uh...didn't know that." it probably would make sense that a league official was already on their way here to deal with the problem. heck he was a league official. kind of.

"but i'm with the league too. i'm...pokegner. the hero. i mostly deal with team rocket directly so i'm not really...on the league's records. if you wanna call it that." boy that sounded like he really was some kind of secret agent of the league even if he really wasn't. maybe he should just stick with it, he doubt this lady would know the truth about him. "but when i'm not doing that i'm helping aaaaall over hoenn. like right now."

suddenly a light bulb went off on his head as he realized that they were both people willing to track whatever beast they were tracking and try to take it down. "i got an idea, why don't we work together on this yeah? after all i've tackled dragon types before, they're easy to handle if you can get a read on them." people might disagree with him heavily but projecting confidence was another job of a hero y'know.

[newclass=.merrkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkI b] color: #44d4e4; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 8px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2020 6:17:22 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"You didn't answer my question sir. Are you high?"

She insists again, after listening to him. There's no need to be rude but she's unable to wrap her head around what she sees and she's quite certain what he spouts is a lot of nonsense.

"I work directly under the council, if someone like you existed I'm sure I would have heard of it by now." she doesn't specify how or who, something she's made a bit of a habit of since the situation last year where someone was stalking her. She's not terribly interested in inviting that again.

Isra reaches up to place her knuckles against her forehead vertically and looking down, eyes close and she murmurs something almost like a prayer or a curse for whatever this trial of the night was. "Look I don't really care if you are I just need to know whether or not there's a chance of you doing something I have to intercept to keep you from getting hurt in my presence." mostly to cover her ass.

"Just answer my question and then we can work together to deal with this dragon."

She sighs.

"I suppose."

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2020 20:46:05 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

"no i'm not high. or drunk. i don't even touch that stuff."

was it really that weird to see someone dressed up? he's met all kinds of people who dressed up as their favorite pokemon for pokemon battles and people who would always wear outrageous outfits, sometimes to let others know what their profession was. maybe it was just the tension in the air that made it seem weird to this lady?

"and don't worry, i've done riskier type of work before so i'm no stranger to danger. but i do appreciate the concern m'am." he couldn't really fault her for saying that she was worried he was going to do something crazy. not a lot of people gave their trust to the pokenger despite him only wanting to help out. he was used to it by now.

"so any idea what exactly we're dealing with here. rumors say dragon type but that's all there was to it, not even what kind it is. although judging from the damage around here..." he scuffed the dirt to kick up some charred dust as break another black stick that crumbled instantly, "i'd say its something big. like a dragonite or maybe...haxorus? the latter's usually pretty dangerous. so...better safe than sorry." with that he whipped out a pokeball and let out snowdrift, his trusty cold sandslash to be their vanguard. "eyes open. don't want the thing jumping us after all."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2020 0:52:14 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"Good to know." she doesn't realize the attitude her phrasing tends to take, simply saying it out of habit as he explains himself. She's not entirely sure she believes him but she'll accept it for now.

The woman almost asks how how risky as a matter of judgement but opts not to, at the rate they are going she will be here all night talking to him instead of making it back home in for supper.

"It's not a haxorus." she says very decidedly. "Judging by the scorch marks it has to be something capable of fire which Haxorus are not. Other rumors state there have been several in the area of abnormal size tat are causing trouble so it may very well be any of the dragon types." Her eyes are drawn tot he sandslash he releases and she can't help but think it's a rather odd choice for the situation. Perha[ps it should be expected though given everything else about him being so off.

Isra has little to say after that, choosing simply to walk past him and his pokemon. The steady sound of her heels against the cold earth a familiar one to her and the pokemon lurking in the shadows follow her form the midplane, prepared to act on her behalf.

>>feel free to request a draggo spawn after your next post seems like a good time for it

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2020 21:43:42 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

"that makes sense."

now he was reconsidering bringing out snowdrift due to his unfortunate typing if they did run into something that knew fire moves. even if the worse came to be he still had some spare pokemon with him and it wasn't like the sandslash was a pushover, snowdrift would do his best to brave it out if it meant fighting a fire type. thinking about it now kazimir was almost certain no dragons were actually part fire.

"well whatever it is. i think we should be able to handle it anyway. even if its been growing like people said i'm sure if we work together nothing can't be done about it." his confidence extended to his pokemon who let out a cry of agreement. that confidence did take a dip however when the roar of something reached the ears of the group, and it sounded mad.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,646 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2020 2:49:40 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#4d72a0[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
tyrantrum

has attacked!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

male - rock head[break]
rock slide / dragon tail / ancient power /[break]head smash / stealth rock / ice fang

THIS KING HAS EVEN CONQUERED EXTINCTION. now, hungry to extend the terrible reaches of its territory, the tyrantrum opposes anything and anyone that stands in its way. sensing you two as pesky peasants, the dinosaur attempts to subdue the revolution first, with an angry roar: a fanfare for bloody battle.[break][break]

[attr="class","missionTag"]

&
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2020 9:33:52 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"Still sure about that?"

Of course it was mostly to him and his sandslash, Isra worried little at the cry of the dragon somewhere ahead of them. There was little that made her fearful in a capacity that mattered. No- if anything the woman was more afraid of herself than other things.

She picks up the pace, not wanting to waste time on nonsense when it is so close and despite the heels she is swift on her feet. "Don't worry, regardless this will be fine." She has to pry her eyes away from him because he's still too ridiculous for her to take seriously right now and keeping her eyes on the direction of the noise is much better.

It roars through the trees, crashing out towards them. Isra comes to a dead stop and whistles.

The golurk emerges from the midplane, brimming with the ghostly energy it absorbs there. The same energy that coarse through its fist as it reals back and strikes the side of the beast. The shadow punch is as alarming as the roar of the beast.

>>Spiked (shiny golurk) punched it good

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 0:50:37 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

the roar nearly shook the earth beneath him and his sandslash. the beast revealed itself and kazimir nearly soiled himself at the sight of it. he was expecting a dragon not a giant t rex to be the cause of this destruction. and it was coming right for him! or so it seemed as it took a few steps towards kazimir in what he could only call a slow spirnt before something suddenly appeared at its side and punched it with a lot of force kazimir was certain he could hear it.

the golem pokemon was pretty strong to stop it, but not take it down as it was still standing on its feet. the beast let out another loud and massive roar that signaled the sight of silver light pouring out from its mouth. the dinosaur retaliated with an ancient power aimed at the golurk, and leaving itself open for an attack from one other person.

"let 'im have it snowdrift!" the masked hero cried out as his sandslash gathered his hands together and unleashed his own ball of ice at the t rex's side. you know what they say after all, the bigger they are the harder they fall.

tldr:
    +tyrantumn uses ancient power on golurk!
    snowdrift uses ice ball on tyrantum!

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 8:40:10 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

The golurk steps back at the attack, bracing itself and as the stance breaks it leans on one foot, but it is nothing more than opportunity to Isra's pokemon.

With a grinding roar of its own the automaton reals itself back onto its lifted foot and uses the moment to shift into a dynamic punch. The blow looks to hit in tandem with the ice types attack to push the pokemon back further. The automaton seems angry at the idea that the pokemon even dared retaliate against it, roaring again at it as the pokemon winds up another sweeping strike. Its tail begins to glow a draconic purple, the building energy empowering the sweep of its tail as it make another attempt at warding off its attacker and reassert itself as the kin of this place.

Isra almost chuckles. "Seems this one is a little feisty." but certainly not one she expects to know a fire type move. It's concerning given the size of the scorch marks she had seen before. Her eyes scan the surroundings, because she's worried there may be more.

Of course, it's entirely possible they are too late to catch what she was initially tracking all together.

>>golurk took damage
>>golurk uses dynamic punch
>>tyrantum using dragon tail

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2020 15:19:11 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

the hero had to wince from under his mask when he saw the giant golem punch the dinosaur with such power that a loud boom echoed around them. it reminded him that official league people were in a whole 'nother league than he was. to also add insult to that self confidence lowering injury the dino's tail was starting to glow as it swung it at the pokemon, or to be more specific, it swung its tail at poor snowdrift. the hedgehog was sent flying backwards and before it could even touch the ground a light surrounded it as it suddenly went back into its pokeball and another one opened up from kazimir's belt.

what the t rex was met with was a small buttermilk whose soft body trembled at the sight of such a beast. she wasn't much of a confident battler but that was why she had the great pokenger for support. "c'mon buttermilk! show them that dazzling sparkle of yours! y'know its the best around!" pokenger's gesturing conveyed a sense of belief in his little pokemon who looked back at him and put on a brave face before gritting its teeth and the small decorations on its head began to glow in a dazzling gleam as a bright flash of light erupted from its body and light up the whole area.

the giant dinosaur was blinded for sure but its rage blinded it more. with a mighty roar the beast stomped the ground, pushing chunks of rock out from under it that flew in the direction of the alcremie and golurk. if it couldn't see them then it would just hit all of them at once.

tldr:
    +alcremie used dazzling gleam on tyrantum!
    tyrantum uses rock slide on alcremie and golurk!!

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2020 21:28:19 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

There is a small part of Isra that is starting to get jealous of these people that have Alcremies. Even though it would be easy for her to hunt down 's pokemon for treats seeing more of them just makes her want one for her house keep. "Buttermilk, how cute."

Isra does not linger, turning and moving away from the battlefield because she knows her pokemon well. Even as the rock slide cascades upon them her golurk is quick to erect a protective barrier before him, rocks bounce off of it with little trouble as the hulking beast begins to move in the direction of the alcremie. Though it has no connection to the pokemon it understands it as an ally rather than foe.

"You might want to step back Mister.... Pokenger." there's an exasperated sigh that follows what she says as she walks. She can't believe she just called someone that. She could only wonder what made this guy be this way.

The golurk reaches to scoop up the alcremie, hoping she will cooperate and settle in his hand, offering a protective perch and perhaps even a place to attack from as the ground beneath him began to rumble. The vibrations started small, the scale growing as they sought to shake the very earth itself from bellow the pokemon's feet until the ground would crack and blister with rock and dirt. The well controlled earthquake would feel like the earth was falling apart beneath their feet, hoping to trap the tyrantum in the very dirt and rock it was attacking with.

>>Golurk uses protect and tries to save little buttermilk
>>Uses earthquake to trap the tyrantum in the dirt when it caves in

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2020 23:59:25 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

buttermilk saw the rocks coming towards it and she shielded her eyes as she braced herself for the impact that never game. it took a second to realize that she hadn't quite been hurt she peeked open an eye and saw the barrier of the golurk protecting her. her face was a bit flushed as she looked in aw at her hero and let out a squeak of a thank you to it.

"thanks for that. little buttermilk is still getting used to battling, but she's still useful." he gave a thumbs up to isra before being told to take a step back, something both he and the alcremie did as they watched the golurk make another move. the earth ripped apart underneath the dinosaur as it attacked the ground and made it shake. through the giant crack underneath the dinosaur found itself falling through the ground and get stuck in the earth, its struggling cries doing nothing but put a smile from under kazimir's mask.

"wow that's awesome! oh hold on...i think i know how to finish this off." with that declaration the pokenger stood in front of not only isra but also their pokemon as he was face to face with the tyrantum who let out a roar at the masked hero. "naughty little dinos who go around wrecking forests only deserve one punishment!" he took a ball from his belt and slammed it into his open palm, "and that's to be taught discipline, and your getting a free lesson from me, pokenger!" with that he lifted his leg and pulled his arm back into a pitcher's pose as he tossed the ball at the t rex.

"hisssaaaatsu-monster ball go!!!"

tldr:
    +kazimir attempts to capture tyrantum!