awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
AMASS
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2018 3:25:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

some say the world will end in fire. some say in ice.

fernando knows enough about ice. he lives it, fosters his team around the win conditions that involves leaving the opponent frozen ten times over. but fire? he has no idea. that's why he's here. the fact that the hot springs are nearby make it all the more appealing. after the shenanigans of the desert ruins, he could use a good, long soak. but that's a reward that will have to wait.

first comes the hunt and with it all the labor that comes with talent acquisition. little does he know that he's not alone. another trainer finds fortune in lavaridge. one that may even rival his own.

luckly, this isn't a contest. no, it's an opportunity to socialize. and, if not that, a chance to prepare.

close tab

played by

Flabby

he/him
Freelancer
officer
63 height
63 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
131 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dallas
Dallas Rhodes
AMASS
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2018 18:23:38 GMT
Dallas Rhodes Avatar
[attr="class","cmon"]

[attr="class","cmonbox"]
[attr="class","cmonlyrics"]

[attr="class","cmonbody"]As relaxing as they were, one could only soak in the hot springs of Lavaridge town for so long. Dallas had gotten his needed rest. As did his three Pokémon that bravely fought and protected him in the ruins they entered. They couldn’t laze around forever. They all needed to get back into top shape. Ready for the challenges Hoenn offered them, as well as the challenge that came from Kanto.

So, now they found themselves at Route 000. Dallas wasn’t hunting for battles, but just stretching his and his Pokémon’s muscles. Seeing what across their path.

That was when the blond stumbled upon him. A man he had never met before, but gave him that annoying feeling that he had met him before...somewhere. Perhaps that nagging feeling was right, or Dallas was going crazy. Both seemed like valid possibilities.

Whatever the case, their paths were about to cross and Dallas was a main raised with manners. He’d hit the stranger with the old polite small talk maneuver.

“Yo.” Dallas gave the stranger a wave as he approached. “Have I met you somewhere before?”

Might as well ask.

[attr="class","cmontag"]
– 188 – Long wait for shitpost

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.cmon]width:450px;background-color:#fdfdfd;padding:25px;border:1px solid #eaeaea;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cmonbox]width:420px;margin-bottom:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cmonlyrics]text-align:justify;line-height:14px;color:#555;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;float:left;width:300px;margin-left:15px;height:85px;border-top:1px #a2837e solid;border-bottom:1px #a2837e solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cmonbody]text-align:justify;line-height:14px;color:#777;font-family:verdana;font-size:10px;padding:25px;margin-bottom:-10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cmonbody b]color:#775c53;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cmontag]text-align:justify;line-height:14px;color:#777;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;border-top:1px #a2837e solid;width:405px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
AMASS
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2018 2:40:55 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD HARIYAMA APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / thick fat[break]
force palm / smelling salts / seismic toss / whirlwind
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD RAPIDASH APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / flash fire[break]
fire blast / agility / bounce / inferno
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
AMASS
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2018 20:35:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

fernando turns his attention to the voice that calls out to him. it's dallas, a man he's not familiar with but knows all the same. he'll never forget hit face, not after having it replayed to him over a dozen times. "from the ruins." is his answer. concise and assertive, as if he's sure. "the desert ruins," he adds for good measure. fernando's been spelunking aplenty and has no recollection of with who. not off the top of his head, not comprehensively. @arlette is just one of many, an after thought that'll be revisited come election time.

a rapidash approaches and so does fernando's blastoise. a wave of his hand is enough to bring forth the water that douses the opposing pokemon's mane. all it takes is a pair of HYDRO PUMPS, targeted and precise. the somewhat surprised pokemon is put out of commission and brought to his knees. fernando retrieves it with confidence.

"an experience i hope to never repeat."

close tab

played by

Flabby

he/him
Freelancer
officer
63 height
63 height
awards
131 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dallas
Dallas Rhodes
AMASS
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2018 14:59:17 GMT
Dallas Rhodes Avatar
[attr="class","cmon"]

[attr="class","cmonbox"]

[attr="class","cmonbody"]He had come here to relax and forget about the desert ruins but of course, by complete chance, one of the many that had entered there with him was here as an annoying reminder. At least the feeling towards that spelunking adventure was mutual.

“Funnily enough, I think everyone feels the same after being in that hell hole.” It was hard to joke about it too much. Lives had been lost down there. Both humans and Pokémon’s. But Dallas found it easier to inject humour into the discussion than be all doom and gloom about it.

“Bom, stretch your legs against this guy.” He casually called to the Slowpoke as he released it. Aiming towards the Hariyama that seemed to be staring the two down from a distance. If he wanted a fight, Dallas’ Pokémon could kindly deliver.

As it readied itself into a fighting stance, Bom was quick to act. Launching the Hariyama into the air with Psychic and following up with a Zen Headbutt square in the chest of the fighting Pokémon as it landed.

“He survives a hyper beam from one gigantic Pokémon and now he thinks he can take on anything.” Dallas couldn’t help but smile at the Slowpoke’s surprising confidence.

“I guess next time the League ask for help in unknown ruins I’ll think twice about helping out.”

[attr="class","cmontag"]
– 000 – Long wait for shitpost x2

[newclass=.cmon]width:450px;background-color:#fdfdfd;padding:25px;border:1px solid #eaeaea;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cmonlyrics]text-align:justify;line-height:14px;color:#555;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;float:left;width:300px;margin-left:15px;height:85px;border-top:1px #a2837e solid;border-bottom:1px #a2837e solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cmonbody]text-align:justify;line-height:14px;color:#777;font-family:verdana;font-size:10px;padding:25px;margin-bottom:-10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cmontag]text-align:justify;line-height:14px;color:#777;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;border-top:1px #a2837e solid;width:405px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
AMASS
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2018 5:21:05 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD PRIMEAPE APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / vital spirit[break]
close combat / karate chop / swagger / assurance
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD PYROAR APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / rivalry[break]
noble roar / flamethrower / crunch / take down
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat][break][break]

I believe Fernando tried to capture the Rapidash? And if so, the capture is successful!!

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
AMASS
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2018 5:56:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
a slowpoke against a hariyama. type advantage is enough to hedge a bet on the slowpoke but fernando is taken by surprise by how expertly it takes it out. mostly the speed of the pokemon catches him off guard. the ZEN HEADBUTT causes him to raise an eyebrow. he doubts even his slowking can move that fast, at least physically.

"you don't say." disbelief is rare trait for him to display but the exploits of this slowpoke is slowly staggering him. perhaps its dumb luck, or it's something more than that. there's no real way for him to know so fernando drops the thought. instead, he turns to the other pokemon that cross their paths. more fire types, just what he needs.

"your help is appreciated." this time fernando allows the wild pokemon to goad them into battle. a NOBLE ROAR is used to scare off the meek. only the vigilant are allowed before a king. blastoise proves a worthy challenger and dethrones the lion with another series of blasts. it falls like the rest of them. he's just not as flashy as his counterpart. "even if the league doesn't show it."

++pyroar

close tab

played by

Flabby

he/him
Freelancer
officer
63 height
63 height
awards
131 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dallas
Dallas Rhodes
AMASS
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2018 17:29:33 GMT
Dallas Rhodes Avatar
[attr="class","cmon"]

[attr="class","cmonbox"]

[attr="class","cmonbody"]Dallas smiled. “About time someone appreciated my efforts down there,” he joked. Given the outcome of it, the delayed thanks for his help was not surprising. Hard to worry about that when people and their Pokemon had died.

“I feel like this is just the beginning though. I’m not sure exactly what was found down there, but I bet there are more places like that in Hoenn. Undiscovered ruins and the like. And with Rocket roaming around here now, it only makes the hunt for them even more urgent.” Dallas watched over his Slowpoke as he spoke. The pink blob wandering into the path of a Primeape in the distance. Another type advantage, added with Slowpoke’s newfound confidence gave Dallas little to worry about.

“All’s it takes is one fuck up for them to get the upper hand. So, they’ll be sure to call us in whenever they can. Before I know it, I’ll be like a full-time member of the League.” A chuckle escaped him just thinking about that. He had always been a freelancer with work. Actually, being tied down to an organisation sounded strange for him.

“I guess we’ll be seeing each other more often if we both answer their calls then?”

Meanwhile, in the background, the wild Primeape was charging at Bom with a Karate Chop. The Slowpoke meeting it head-on with a Zen Headbutt. Followed with a Water Pulse, the ape was soon sent on its way as the Psychic-type continued to wander aimlessly nearby.

[attr="class","cmontag"]
– 000 – Laptop charger broke. Sorry for the long wait. We can now return to our usual 3 week scheduling.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
AMASS
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2018 1:51:29 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD HITMONLEE APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / reckless[break]
high jump kick / double kick / meditate / brick break
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD SLUGMA APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / magma body[break]
clear smog / rock throw / amnesia / flamethrower
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat][break][break]

captured the pyroar!

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
AMASS
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2018 3:14:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando answers with a curt nod. although he agrees with him it's not something he can voice. fernando's already planned for further explorations of hoenn's relics. whether the rest of the league allows him to matters not. he's dead set on finding the answer to regirock's appearance before they feel the repercussions. at least dallas agrees even if he remains lethargic to the events that'll unfold.

"just one fuck up indeed. even so, if they call we have to answer." he doesn't add in the bit about kanto and how apathy lead to its ruin. "i guess we'll see."

what was once a primeape is soon replaced by a hitmonlee. this time its the blastoise that takes care of the pokemon. like everything else, fernando knows the range game. keep melees far away and dispatch them from a distance. as long as the spacing between them remains, the advantage goes strictly to the ranged unit. not only does the hitmonlee have to close the distance to land a kick, it has to evade the HYDRO PUMPS that come its way. the running, the sprinting, the rolls, it erodes at the hitmonlees stamina as blastoise keeps its ground.

the pokeball that comes alleviates the hitmonlee of the task. it'll find less fatigue nestled in that ball then it will outside.

++hitmonlee

close tab

played by

Flabby

he/him
Freelancer
officer
63 height
63 height
awards
131 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dallas
Dallas Rhodes
AMASS
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2019 21:42:22 GMT
Dallas Rhodes Avatar
[attr="class","cmon"]

[attr="class","cmonbox"]

[attr="class","cmonbody"]Just when Dallas considering tagging out Bom for another one of his Pokémon, a slow-moving came into view. Although the insane body heat could be felt long before that. It even turned the head of the Slowpoke who was even farther away from the magma slug. The blond gave his Pokémon a nod. Dallas preferred it when his skin didn’t melt, and so did Bom. A barrage of Water Pulse’s and Water Gun’s were fired upon the fire-type. It tried its best to counter the attacks, but the typing of Rock Throw and Flamethrower were weak to the torrent of water and proved futile. Soon enough it was running away, or as fast as a slug could run at least. Steam rising from the extinguished slug as it retreated.

“Sounds ominous. I can’t wait.” He headed over to round up his ever-battling Slowpoke. “With all this depressing chat and barely knowing each other, I get the feeling we’re only gonna see each other during some shitty moment for the League.” A smile crept onto his face again as Bom was called back into its Pokeball. “Like two shitty bad luck charms.”

[attr="class","cmontag"]
– 000 – Killed all the Pokemon in Route 112 so feel free to end whenever

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
AMASS
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2019 7:49:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"for both our sakes, let's hope not."

he'll leave it at that. between two strangers, fernando makes due with their chance encounter and secures the prizes found during his little excursion. how little does he know what lies ahead of these two and how fated their next encounter will be. the very rapidash he caught will meet it's end in front of dallas. a fitting end to the ominous farewell given.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga