part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
sunset selfie [ m ]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2020 3:49:24 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

a lace floral dress was donned for today's attire. her hair was straightened and letdown, a casual style she's normally seen in; a light red ribbon could be seen tied upon the side of her head. for footwear one could see that the songstress was wearing ankle strapped heels.

she'd been waiting at the entrance to mauville city for her tour guide to show: . mauville city was a place she'd never been to, or rather never had the chance to truly visit. this wasn't her first time being here, for there were moments she needed to be within the city. evelyn just never had the chance to actually visit the botanical home of none other than cait alfric.

with spring arriving, it was time for some quality time together. her touring has settled down, thus allowing for the songbird to find time to spend with family. after hearing about what happened at the recent festival, evelyn thought that this would be a good time for fernando to find some peace of mind. "it'd be no surprise if he'd forgotten," evelyn spoke aloud, "though to stand me up would actually be a surprise. i've been gone for so long i doubt he could resist coming to see me." a light titter was uttered.

mission: sunset selfie
notes: come hither, bitch.

[attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 340px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #fafafa; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 7px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 3px 3px 3px 3px; background: #252525; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
sunset selfie [ m ]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2020 4:14:49 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] What an absolute shit show.

Between the exchange of , , and , cleaning up the mess in Slateport took every nerve of patience Fernando had and then some. Even with the added help of , the council would find that another tragedy extended beyond treating the injured and repairing the damage. The media, naturally, went into a frenzy and the fallout from their actions were both spurred and buried under the efforts of those who tried to salvage what was left of Slateport's shambles.

It is uncharacteristic of Fernando to take a comp day, much less to attribute it to a mental wellness day, however he makes an exception when a sparse opportunity to visit his sister comes into play. Evelyn had found her path after they dismantled Team Rocket and Fernando could not intrude on her finally extending her life beyond his reach. At least not forcibly, although he did try his best to manipulate her into staying close. But, Evelyn had decided exactly what she wanted to do and was too adamant about it for Fernando to deceive her otherwise without being obvious. So, for a moment, she becomes another character in the backdrop as his life spirals into another mess.

And so he's here, lapping up at a rare opportunity in earnest.

His Salamence comes into Mauville's airspace with a boom as it starts to descend, coming down with an alarming speed that leaves Fernando's hair disheveled by the turbulence. It matches his old hair from before he fully embraced his council image, but he pats it back into place the best that he can. A quick glance at his smart watch reveals the time and he's surprisingly late, a few minutes past their agreed time, still wearing his standard formal business attire. With the blazer still hanging on his office chair back at League Headquarters, Fernando rolls up the sleeves to his oxford button up and starts to head toward their spot with a brisk pace. His Salamence is returned as he rounds the corner, fixing the Pokeball back to his belt as he tries to navigate the vague streets of Mauville.

"Eve?"

Fernando calls from afar as he continues to approach, closing in toward the entrance and smiling all the same.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
to be a flower you need rainy days.
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
sunset selfie [ m ]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2020 4:26:33 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

"big brother!" a quick turn upon the heel. evelyn ran to her brother's side with a smile to greet him. hands were folded in front of her as her lips softly curved, "i was afraid you wouldn't make it. i've heard a lots happened since i've been away." a slight head tilt, she'd lean slightly to ask, "are you okay?"

straightening her posture a hand was gently placed upon the center of her chest, "you can vent to me. it never hurts to get whatever's on your mind out of that noggin." hair was brushed behind her right ear before she continued. "besides, even if you don't want to talk about--or if you do--it we have quite the sightseeing to do!" poking his chest with her index finger, she'd add, "with you acting as my tour guide, chuckling, she'd add, "be sure to show me the best spots, councilman silph~" a soft coo was uttered at the end of her playful statement.

[newclass=.merkI] width: 340px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #fafafa; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 7px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 3px 3px 3px 3px; background: #252525; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
sunset selfie [ m ]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2020 4:45:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando answers her introduction with a halfhearted laugh, a clear sign of deflection when having to address the one topic everyone's badgered him about since New Years. "I'm fine." Is a lie so simple and natural that it rolls off the tongue automatically. "I'm just glad things have been going well for you. I saw your last concert online and you were spectacular." Standard flattered from Fernando that he usually uses to switch topics while currying favor.

"Of course. You've never been through Mauville thorough, have you?" Fernando plays nice with another smile while turning past the entrance to finally enter the city limits. The click of his heels scuff against paved concrete and he points his body down Billow Avenue, recalling some of the places that had shown him during their times in between meetings.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
sunset selfie [ m ]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2020 5:32:25 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

with fernando being the leading man and she the guided woman. evelyn would smile upon hearing that he saw her recent performance. "to think you have the time to see any of my performances. you really know how to spoil a girl, big brother." on the avenue there was an ice cream vendor selling frosty treats. "wow, spring's only just begun and they're already handing out ice cream!" it'd been awhile since she had something cold and sweet.

"i'll take a strawberry and vanilla scoop, please!" she asked of the vendor's owner. with her scoop being given to her, she'd turn to her brother. "the weather here is so nice," a lick was taken, "i can see why cait chose this city. the flowers here are beautiful." flowers were seen blooming on the sidewalk and in the trees. just a few feet away she'd point toward a magnolia tree, "look! how pretty!" enamored by one of many early spring blooming trees. evelyn was excited to witness more of the floral settings found within mauville.

"you know, one of the things i enjoy most about spring is how symbolic it is." turning toward fernando, she'd say, "even when a flower's wilted away, we shouldn't be sad about what the beauty that was lost." for it can always be regained, "spring will come when the snow melts away." taking another lick from her ice cream, she'd continue, "so just because something was lost doesn't mean it can't be regained. for instance, like a life, though that life is gone you'll always have memories. be they pokemon or human, as long as one person remembers you your life will always be celebrated."

what evelyn spoke may have sounded a little crazy, but that's just what the season of spring made her think. "as silly as it may sound, it's kinda like that in a sense. just because you may have lost something doesn't mean it's gone for good." a hand was placed upon his shoulder, "you'll get him back."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
sunset selfie [ m ]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2020 5:50:58 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Thankfully, Evelyn never prodded him further about the concert in question. Moments like these leave Fernando relieved but deep down he has his own doubts on whether or not Evelyn believes him. Almost like she accepts his lies while doing the same, upholding the farce to give him the face of being a decent brother.

They diverge along the path towards the ice cream stall and Fernando waits for Evelyn to take her pick. He keeps it simple with straight vanilla and opts for a smaller scoop, exchanging his card with the vendor for his own ice cream cone, juggling to fit the card back into his wallet while refusing to let go of his treat. Unlike Evelyn, Fernando waits for her to take off before sampling the treat.

"Symbolic?" Fernando sets Evelyn up to explain her meaning to him while he takes the time to lick along the trails of melted ice cream. He treats it delicately so as not to spill or cause the excess to drip onto his hands. "I see." He doesn't. Fernando has no idea where she's going with this until Evelyn goes full circle.

Him?

He has no idea who she's talking about, or even what she's talking about, for a moment. He never considered Evelyn to be one to keep up with the news but considering how widespread Slateport was and how curious the journalist had been since had tried to silence them, it's only natural the topic became a hot buzz around the region.

"Thank you," he answers softly, smiling despite how little the situation bothers him. While Mateo was a respected member of the Elite Four, Fernando's relationship with him was strictly professional. The dragon tamer proved a worthy addition to the zany group of troublemakers but to run after him in another dimension was a risk he couldn't take nor would want to. As long as he can find a way to beat back these beasts without suffering massive losses, Fernando would be content.

But that's the thing with Silphs. They're never content.

"I'll keep that in mind next time things are rough." Fernando peers down the street and from a distance he can see a familiar rooftop. "Have you ever met Mauville's Gym Leader?"

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
sunset selfie [ m ]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2020 19:34:22 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

"isn't that cait, if i'm not mistaken?" she asked. she was no stranger to the woman. before her defection to rocket evelyn remembered having some interaction with her every now and then. "she was kind to me before my time in rocket." eyes softened, a melancholic look worn as she held onto her ice cream. "she must have been hurt when she learned of my defection." she remembered an interaction they had sometime ago during her time as a member of rocket.

"i've done things i can't say i regret, but i've come to learn that being a silph means hurting those closest to you." and she's hurt many close to her. "all i can do is make up for my past mistakes, whether they can forgive me or not is no concern." looking upon the mauville gym with a smiling veil, she'd say to fernando, "speaking of gyms, i've heard you've recently been appointed. wanna tell me what's that all about?" evelyn inquired with curiosity.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
sunset selfie [ m ]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2020 20:17:43 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando remains silent at reveal — an oversight on his part and something he forgot about entirely. The fall from Team Rocket tore up many holes and left even more wounds but he's supported his sister through it all. Most of her transgressions were his fault, if only slightly, yet he holds responsibility for it as her guiding figure. At least personally — what goes on record is often altered and audited to keep Silph secrets away from the public eye, much less League records.

"Many things come with our name and not all of them are good. The burden of being a Silph is something none of us can seem to escape." Fernando dwells on the sentiments while licking through his vanilla ice cream all the same. The question about his own Gym comes up and he licks the vanilla off his lips before answering.

"I'm unhappy about the current standards of trainers and gym challenges." He's not the only one. A drunken ramble with and some feedback from reinforce his mindset. "So I opened my own to help gauge trainers and put them on the right path."

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
sunset selfie [ m ]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2020 20:40:30 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

"is that so?" a smile formed upon her face. with a trash bin nearby, she'd toss what was left of her ice cream into the trash. "that means you'll have to be my first challenge, then!" hands folded before her, evelyn continued, "i've heard many trainers are becoming more intrigued with challenging the gyms. it never really interested me, but i would be lying if i didn't tell you that i miss the thrill." a childish thought spoken aloud, but nonetheless true. she was missing the adventurous life.

singing was her life, but that didn't become her life until the fall of silas. back then she was a fighter and now that life was thrown behind her. "contest haven't started up yet and my touring has settled down. it will be sometime before i have a busy life again, so why not entertain myself by partaking in the league challenge?" a chuckle escaped her at the childish thought of challenging the league. "i'll be honest though, i don't actually get the whole want to become 'champion'. but i do hope you'll be my first challenge and teach me well!"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
sunset selfie [ m ]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 4:01:10 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Oh? You were going to challenge me first." Fernando bites into his cone and starts to finish what's left of his treat. He doesn't throw it away from his sister. That's wasteful. "Don't expect me to go easy on you just because— well, you know."

Thankfully, Evelyn's words have some truth to them. A variety of trainers have taken to the Gym circuit and their resounding success proves that the region is making headway toward his dream. That or the Gym Leaders suck but Fernando tries to be optimistic despite the truth.

"Let me know when you want to stop by and I'll free up some time for you. My Gym can be both incredibly easy and incredibly hard depending on how prepared you are. After all, a Silph should be ready for anything."

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
sunset selfie [ m ]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 5:02:02 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

"hey, if anyone knows your battle style better than you, it's me!" a playful titter was heard after her comment. "though it's been sometime since i've had a proper battle. i may be rustier than i think, especially the girls..." a hand was brought underneath her left elbow while the other arm would come to place the palm of her hand upon the side of her face. "how troublesome, we've got our work cutout." then again she had no desire to become champion. evelyn wasn't sure exactly what she wanted, but she knew for sure that she was enjoying her peace.

evelyn would come to take notice of a balcony atop of cait's gym. with fernando at her side, access would be easy, no? "now, come with me," grabbing the palm of her brother's hand. she'd tug fernando without hesitation and entered the mauville city gym. with haste she'd come to take her brother to said balcony, all while grabbing flowers on the way and one of cait's gym pokemon. "follow me!"

technically they were trespassing, but they were already deep into the building. cait wouldn't mind, considering it's fernando, so? "here we are!" opening the balcony's doors, she'd come to witness a stunning scenery. "cait's gym is so lovely," turning toward the random sceptile she dragged on the way here. evelyn would ask for the pokemon to do her a favor, "please take a photo of us! i can show you what button to press, it'll be quick and we'll leave!" begging the pokemon, it'd eventually give in. "what doesn't know won't her, and i'll pay you in poffins on my next visit!" turning toward fernando, she'd come to stand next to her brother with flowers in hands.

"you only live once, right? we should do something spontaneous every now and then, be sure to give a nice smile, 'kay?" winking at her brother she'd let out a light giggle. "ready!" evelyn alerted the pokemon. posing beside her brother, a slight breeze would come out of nowhere.

notes: say cheese.

[newclass=.merkI] width: 400px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #fafafa; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 7px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 3px 3px 3px 3px; background: #252525; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,720 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
sunset selfie [ m ]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2020 0:43:21 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 pokedollars, 5 infamy, 1x sparkling dust, 50 extra pokedollars (bonus).
[break]