thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,761 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
depth [o/m]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 10:08:25 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gav"]

Gavin's interests in the rescue dive were, of course, entirely selfish.

He did not care what happened to a bunch of idiot fish that had somehow managed to trap themselves or otherwise become prey to some greater threat. No, Gavin was a scientist, and his interests potentially lay deep on the ocean floor.

Fossils. Many of them could be found in the water, such as Omanyte and Kabuto. Tirtouga also made its home in the sea, and Lileep were known to attach themselves to rocks on the ocean floor.

He paces the boat, impatient.

His Greninja watches him from its perch along the rail, suctioned fingertips holding it steady. The tongue that it wore like a scarf lolled idly with the wind.

Hazel eyes look up from behind spectacles that catch the sun's glare not unlike the choppy Hoenn waters. He nods to another individual whom he'd been told would be accompanying him as his dive partner earlier in the trip.

"Never got your name," he says, offering a hand. "Patrick Cavalli."

no need to ask, just hop in!
@open

[newclass=.gav] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11.5px;background-color:#222222;padding:20px; color:#666666;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gav b] color: #716075; font-weight:lighter;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
I can't change! Guess you can blame it on my left-side brain!
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
depth [o/m]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2020 5:19:30 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

Maybe after one exciting romp on the sea floor, Rex couldn't stay away, and here he is once more. For once, he is actually ready to go, and his Pokemon reflects him. Two stares over the railing with eyes that never blink, simply imagining what prey was down there sending her trembling.

"Gotcha, Pat, call me Rex, T-rex, bastard, whatever gets my attention fastest." Rex rambled on and on, taking the offered hand in an obnoxiously quick handshake before leaning against Two and getting dizzy at the depths. He was completely selfish as well, only hoping there was some unimaginable force down there preying on the Luvdisc. Another fight like that, one challenge after another as proof of strength.

"What do you think's down there? Huntail? Tentacruel? Maybe something like Two." He mumbled, the idea of any vicious monster getting outrageously strong was an intoxicating thought. Hopefully his partner here was of similar mind, he was doing this again, after all!

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,761 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
depth [o/m]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2020 6:56:38 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gav"]

"Rex it is, then."

The man rambles on about his other nicknames, but Gavin pays it little mind. His eyes are on the murky depths, imagining they could penetrate the waters and glimpse what lay beneath. Hell, a Wailord could have swallowed the entire colony by accident, knowing their size.

"Could be anything. That's the beauty of the ocean." A smirk rests light upon his lips. "So much of it unexplored. Maybe we'll be eaten by a legendary Pokemon, never to return."

Wouldn't be the worst way to go. It beats rotting in a league prison, or outliving his usefulness to Rocket and getting assassinated.

The boat comes to a halt, waves crushing against her hull, and Gavin slips on his diving mask.

"Let's find out, shall we?"

He dives.

[newclass=.gav] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11.5px;background-color:#222222;padding:20px; color:#666666;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
depth [o/m]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2020 22:10:53 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

"No way I'm going out like that!" Rex chattered, a near panicked look in his eyes, recovering only with a whooped boast, "That happens, and Two'll cut us out! Ain't that right, Two?" A hiss sounded from the prehistoric beast, who pulled herself over into the sea, a loud splash rippling across the water as she clumsily flopped in.

His helmet went on, and he leaned over the edge, "Hope something down there is brave enough to show its face!" It was only ironic, both wanted something to appear before them, but while "Patrick" preferred the discovery of it all, Rex ached to find out how tough some unknown down there was.

Two caught him as he dove, and the water closed over them. In a few seconds, there was no evidence something had jumped in the first place.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,761 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
depth [o/m]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 13:36:43 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gav"]

Gavin's Greninja slips gracefully into the water after him, lithe body slicing through the current. The second pokeball Gavin had brought for the occasion illuminates the surrounding water in a muted flash of red, his Omastar sinking several feet before steadying itself in place.

Gavin finds himself grateful for the shallow, tropical waters: the sun cuts easily through warm waters, illuminating schools of Goldeen and Finneon that drift lazily along the current. Farther below lie the Corsola colonies where Luvdisc make their homes, pink coral spotted with the white of a dying reef. The misfortune that had been wrought upon Galar's seas seemed to be spreading to Hoenn as well, however slowly. A lonely Cursola dominates the crowd of its fellows.

Gavin finds himself skimming along reef, hazel eyes scoring the gaps for fossils and other intrigues. Throughout the search, there is a promised absence of the Luvdisc they'd been sent to find.

"Surprise, they're not here," he remarks to his diving companion. "Let's go further out."

Without waiting for confirmation, he kicks his fins to propel himself further into the depths. It grows darker as he exits the warm shallows, brightly-coloured schools of fish giving way to more dangerous predators: a Huntail that darts past his vision, a Sharpedo amidst a pack of ravenous Carvahna. The threatening presence of their Pokemon is enough to keep the wilds at bay... at least, that's what he hopes.

feel free to mod request or invent a threat!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,257 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
depth [o/m]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 4:29:52 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#4d72a0[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
arctovish

has attacked!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

genderless - water absorb[break]
fishious rend / aurora veil / freeze-dry / protect / crunch / icicle crash

THE RELAXED EMBARGO accidentally introduces new threats to the hoennian ecosystem. the luvdisc have been attacked by this frankenstein-monstrosity. the water around it freezes. chunks of ice float toward the surface as it swims.[break][break]seemingly, the luvdisc have been able to escape the creature's appetite due to its mouth being on top of its head.[break][break]

[attr="class","missionTag"]

& (2nd time)
close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
depth [o/m]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 5:17:16 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

There is only a chill in the water that warns what to come, and Two suddenly draws back, unsheathing her claws, and Rex gasps as he guides Two just a little closer. Unlike the Mega Lapras, this was something he knew. "Look at that freak of nature!" He hissed as loud as he dared, "Like a lesser Two here!" He patted Two fondly, carefully guiding her around rocky formations.

The creature hadn't noticed them yet and, not very much caring about the Luvdisc in danger, he shifted around to look at Patrick. "So? I'm betting we get to take the thing, right? A freak like that gotta be strong, right?" He didn't have immediate thought to what the Arctovish's presence implied about the area, that there might be evidence of long-past Pokemon here, but in terms of the living fossil, he very much was interested. Namely, in what it would do if it spotted them...he hoped it would charge.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,761 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
depth [o/m]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 8:59:31 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gav"]

Though the waters had grown steadily chillier as they ventured away from the warm shallows, the icy chill that penetrates Gavin's diving suit is unnatural enough to spark his attention. A chunk of ice bumps against his arm, and he spins around to see—

"Holy shit."

See, Gavin's not exactly up-to-date on the majority of the new Galarian species that have been introduced to Hoenn. But this one? This one he knew. An abomination that should never have existed, bits of different fossils jammed together to form the unfortunate specimen that floated on the current toward them. Arctovish, he knows it to be called, and he'd be surprised if it were not the reason for the colony's disappearance.

Thing is, Gavin's totally forgotten about the Luvdisc: his attention has focused, razor-sharp, upon the living fossil.

"I don't care whether we're allowed to take it." Gavin's voice is muffled through the diving mask, undercut by steady breaths. "I'm taking it."

Of course, Rex might have the same idea, in which case they might need to squabble over the thing — but for now, it was time to fight!

Gavin's Omastar is a swift swimmer, able to maneuver easily underwater and avoid the crunching jaws atop the abomination's head. It retaliates with a rock slide, raining down not from above but instead pulling rocks from the seafloor to crash into its foe from below.

close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
depth [o/m]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 19:03:36 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

The chimera's carparace broke terribly as the Rock Slide first hit it, shuddering as it tried to rotate towards its attacker...and back near the rocky formations, Rex couldn't let a moment of weakness go unexploited, could he?

"Crush it." He ordered, and Two launched forward. Now, he didn't very much like the fact that this thing barely moved quickly, even the ice about it shooting towards Two in an Icicle Crash was maneuvered through by his swift Pokemon. Thus, based on this entirely unfair situation, he had decided this one wasn't fierce enough, it didn't even hit him right!

Two collided with the back of its head, claws curling around the sides and crushing until it gave a sharp crack! The Crush Claw was near unshakable by normal means, and its victim found itself firmly in its grip. Desperation sparked in the Pokemon, and it thrashed around in a Fishious Rend trying to both shake Two off and snap at the Omastar. Two's claws slipped slightly, and she kicked it viciously in an attempt to keep the Pokemon still. It only enraged the fossil, sending it nearly barreling into walls.

"If this thing bites me, I'm catching it!" Rex snarled, only now realizing he was terribly close to the upside down mouth of the creature, "So you better hurry up, buddy!"

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,761 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
depth [o/m]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 16:19:14 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","rocket"]

Gavin allows himself a better look at the horrific amalgamation of fins as it reels back from the pain of the rock slide. Galarian fossils had always been of a particular interest to him. They were abominations, but the fact that they still managed to somewhat function (though he found they often did not survive in the wild for long) amazed him.[break][break]

He prepares himself to intervene as Two begins to crush the creature; there was no way he was letting this thing die![break][break]

She stops short of killing it, however, and the Arctovish frees itself enough to target his Omastar, inconvenient mouth crunching down on his Pokemon. Omastar merely withdraws into its hardened shell, however, and Gavin signals his Greninja.[break][break]

Not wanting to get close to the Arctovish, she delivers the final blow with an extrasensory blast; Arctovish reels, and Gavin kicks his fins to swim in close and tap the weakened creature with a pokeball.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: sorry for the late reply, it got buried in my tags!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
depth [o/m]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 23:38:14 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

The fossil suddenly disappears, captured, and Two blindly flails around in a rage briefly, coming back to herself with a chirp. Kicking off the Armaldo, Rex pumped his fists and let out a muffled cheer, "We did it! They're going to love that freak!"

In the restricting waters, Rex nonetheless attempted to pat Patrick heavily on the pat, his hand moving almost comically slow with his attempt. "Mission complete, huh? What'd you think!?" Rex rambled, unstopping even as Two grabbed him and started swimming towards the surface.

The Luvdisc only watched as the humans left, unable to decide if they had been saved or used as bait.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,257 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
depth [o/m]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 0:49:28 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]gavin receives the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy, arctovish,[break]1 free water-type base evo pokemon redeemable in the site shop.
[break]