Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
big fish [m]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2020 0:13:46 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
The wet suit didn't feel very flattering.

Adrian had been fighting with the form-fitting suit for some time, trying to keep his clothes from riding up while pulling it over him, but it wasn't going swimmingly. Even his Greninja was shaking its head at his struggle, placing a webbed palm over its face. "Easy for you to judge, Froglegs."

He finished wriggling into the damned thing while Greninja rattled a fist at him in outrage for his remark. At least they could get on with the mission, although now that he mentioned it...

Wasn't he supposed to have a partner for this? Adrian glanced around, but nobody was showing up. The landmarks were pretty obvious, and failing that, they could use gps to find the location.

"I guess it's just you and me, Frogger." Greninja crossed its arms, perhaps considering letting him drown, or drowning Adrian himself.

'I really needed to pick an actual name for him...'

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
big fish [m]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2020 0:46:54 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"...no, you're supposed to smile!" a carefree voice can be heard from the distance alongside poochyena barks and yips.

kyle walks in his wetsuit alongside with his poochyena, whose head is adorned with oversized goggles. the trainer pulls his lips side wards with his fingers, forcing a smile as he berates to his pokemon. "like this," he demonstrates.

he sees his poochyena stop and, for a second, copy what kyle did. he gets his phone, ready to snap a picture, when the that pose his pokemon did fades when he notices someone else beyond the coastline. kyle stops, turns, and then points a finger at adrian with a click of his tongue, sucking through his teeth.

"oh. am i late? sorry."

he takes the goggles from his poochyena and gives him his phone in exchange before going back to adrian.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
big fish [m]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 7:18:39 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
He almost jumps at the sound, turning around to find a trainer and their poochyena. Actually, it's that guy from the Christmas decorating event in Slateport Mall. He recognized him even now, clad in skin tight diving gear. "Well, I s'pose not."

Adrian can't help but fixate on the Poochyena. He'd heard of doggy paddling, but this was... this seemed ill advised, but he'd already seen enough to know this guy loved his dogs. Somebody show this man a Samurott. As long as they had something up their sleeves, he'd go along with it.

Slipping some remarkably uncomfortable flippers over his feet, snatching his goggles and deep water snorkel off the rocky perch in the same fluid motion as he stood upright, he'd hang the goggles from his neck until he was ready to dive. The breathing device remained in his clutch as he gestured to Kyle in greetings. "Great day for it."

The sea was calm, perhaps a deceptive ploy by the dark below. An unwelcoming abyss awaited them, one that Adrian certainly wasn't familiar with. Also he'd only ever dived a handful of times, and not into underwater caverns. He was a bit nervous.

"My name's Adrian, by the way. In case you have to write it on a headstone." He laughed lightly, but regretted having tempted fate.

"We're ready to head down, if you are."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
big fish [m]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 15:21:13 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
there was relief in the slight smile he showed when his tardiness was excused. if only there were more people like him in the world so that he doesn't have to set up alarms every time he makes an appointment.

"i'll be sure to give you a decent epitaph," he responds, humoring the words of jest. "i'm kyle."

he takes a pokeball out and releases his milotic before detaching his belt. he drops it on his poochyena's feet alongside his phone and stares down his pokemon. "guard these with your life," he orders it.

kyle starts to stretch his limbs, warming up before heading into the water. they were basic rudiments for activities such as these, and despite the breathing apparatus, the idea of staying long in the deep blue wasn't well received by kyle.

"i'm ready as i'll ever be," he says as he finished the last of his stretching. "lead the way, adrian!"

he actually clueless about the location of the site, having forgotten in on the midst of picture taking. kyle hopes adrian does and his intent doesn't come out as obvious.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
big fish [m]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 3:59:10 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Adrian also takes a moment to do some stretches, prompted by Kyle's own display. Once he feels limber (sore; the word is sore,) enough from the warm-up, he turns his back to Kyle and tries to psych himself out. His heart begins to race. This was a horrible idea to begin with, why did he even believe he could accomplish this daunting task...

Greninja pads up beside him, its tongue extending until it reaches around his waist, tethering them together. It fixes its eyes on him, nodding in encouragement as if trying to express itself:

You can do this, because I am here.

Snapping the goggles over him, he inserts the breathing apparatus, lowering himself before he springs into a dive alongside his pokemon...

The plunge is the worst part. What was once a vivid, bright reality is suddenly drowned in a gurgling, unknown darkness that threatens his calm. He can feel the surge of the ocean water, the tugging of his pokemon via the tongue, the chill of brine against him. But just as quickly, it improves.

The world around him is a thriving ecosystem of aquatic pokemon, schools of fish and herds of seel, dewgong and sealeo paddling about while enjoying the warmth of the surface water. He stares in awe while Greninja swims deeper, dragging him along to an opening in the jagged rock formation they had landed on. Somewhere above, a Poochyena awaited the return of its trainer. Where's Kyle?

As he's being dragged into the fissure, he looks up and spots Kyle. He signals him with an OK gesture, before pointing at the rock formation he's slowly disappearing into. This was the way to luvdisc.

After swimming in a bit deeper, he realizes all of the cave is lined with luvdisc hugging the edges skittishly, as if frightened by some looming threat. They're trembling about something, and even Greninja casts a wary gaze towards the exit...

Was something still skulking about, lying in wait for the luvdisc? Kyle was still swimming out there...!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
big fish [m]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 4:23:07 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#4d72a0[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
wishiwashi

has attacked!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

male - schooling[break]
hydro pump / soak / double-edge / brine / earthquake / whirlpool

THESE WISHIWASHI HAVE GATHERED in an angry swarm of their own. enraged by some unknown cause, the assembled fish gather into a gargantuan leviathan. thirty meters tall, this school can cause even gyarados to flee. the seafloor quakes (EARTHQUAKE) with the wishiwashi's reckoning.[break][break]

[attr="class","missionTag"]

&
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
big fish [m]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 16:56:33 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the poochyena is left behind and kyle plunges into the water with his milotic. he follows adrian down until they reach their destination, enjoying the sights as they went deeper into the surface.

his partner for the mission alerts him, and kyle turns on a flashlight attached to his suit, revealing luvdisc frantically getting out of the way. kyle tries to look for the culprit before finding a schooling wishiwashi terrorizing the school of luvdisc.

it was only when he wants to call for a specific move from his milotic that he realizes he hates being underwater.

the only thing kyle could do was to point towards the wishiwashi in hopes of his pokemon targeting it. it does so, and moves straight for it, but not with a move kyle wants it to do.

his milotic is fearless with its assault as it approached for a disarming voice. sound waves propagate differently underwater, but they still manage to reach their target, startling the school and taking the attention away from the luvdisc and towards them.

this wasn't what kyle had in mind.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
big fish [m]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2020 5:18:13 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
He might've been hoping for Kyle to masterfully handle the aggressive swarm of Wishiwashi, to make short work of them and less work for himself, but that was not the hand fate had dealt them. All Kyle succeeds in doing is agitating them further, drawing their attention to himself and his Milotic.

How bad can a bunch of angry little guppies be...?

Adrian tried shouting something, but it was lost in a ripple of bubbles, the warbled sounded distorted comically so while frantically gesturing at the impending school of Wishiwashi. Thankfully Greninja was quite keen, spilling out a murky Smokecreen that obscured their location. However, neither he nor Kyle could see in the situation...

Greninja had that covered, too. With a snap of its fingers, a Water Pulse echoed out like sonar, allowing his Greninja to gain some insight into the situation unfolding in the veil of its own smokescreen. The Wishiwashi were blindly rushing around them, splitting and folding in their formation to avoid solid objects, reforming on the other side of the inky cloud. Waiting them out...

Adrian couldn't communicate, much less see, but at least he felt secure in the embrace of his Greninja. He'd have to think up a cool name for it for sure; if they made it out of this mess...

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
big fish [m]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2020 7:33:37 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
instructions were the bread and butter of kyle lopez battling. without it, everything devolves into a major slug fest and overpowering the enemy with attacks instead of actually being smart about things.

he wonders if training them to be strong enough builds up their ego.

the milotic swims forward as it gets away from kyle. as soon as it's close enough the school of wishiwashi, dragon breath charges up in its mouth before a full blast of blue flames illuminates the darkness of the depths in the most ironic way.

the attack forces a shock wave from the source and into the wishiwashi, clearing a hole in the middle of the smokescreen. the school separates into two to dodge, effectively lowering their power by much.

a chunk of one of them gets obliterated when the milotic steers its attack to the direction of one of them. part of it floats up to the surface of the water while the other scurry away.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
big fish [m]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2020 7:56:15 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Adrian's dumbstruck by how effortlessly his pokemon acts without instruction. Perhaps he's not the trainer he thought he was, or maybe this Greninja was just a natural. While the smokescreen before him veils the wishiwashi from him, the amphibious hero of this dive has dialed them in.

Even as the cloud is parted by Milotic's draconic breath, Greninja is preparing a more concentrated move, directing its attention to the bulk of the school that Milotic has yet to finish off. A powerful snap of its fingers unleashes a tonal attack, a hyperbolic sonar wave rattling the dispersing fish, funneling them towards the surface and finishing off the stragglers. Even Adrian is left disoriented.

Greninja begins to take them to the surface as the wishiwashi disperse, but from the mouth of the cave a luvdisc can be seen peeking its head out, darting towards the Milotic and its trainer. It hovers before them sheepishly before pecking the trainer on the cheek, quickly flitting away afterwards, only to be followed by the swarm of luvdisc that were holed up down below. Adrian reaches the surface.

"Huuuuaaaaaaw-" It's strange breathing from normal air after their brief dive, and he's forced to acclimate rather abruptly. His head snaps left and right, trying to find Kyle in the waters around him.

"I think we did it," he said as a question.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
big fish [m]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2020 8:17:27 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle resurfaces right after adrian, brought up with little effort from his milotic. he drags his goggles up to his forehead and takes his mouthpiece off as soon as he can.

he sees a few members of the wishiwashi school floating freely, riding the waves, just a few distances away from them. they're fainted and not dead in case someone reads this.

"yea. i think we killed them all and saved the civilians."

they didn't.

"wanna head back now?" he asks.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
big fish [m]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2020 23:48:23 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy.
feebas (adrian) + rotom-w (kyle)