awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
EXCAVATION
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2018 23:22:17 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
one set of ruins had almost costed them their lives. this one proves the opposite, boring, plain. still, fernando persists. he does not believe in the arcane. there is no purpose behind the resurgence of the regirock's tomb. just coincidence. at least until something else happens. only when it happens will he bend his hypothesis.

he's no . fantastic stories of ghosts and the divine mean nothing to him. if they were true then he'd have long abandoned himself to another goal; one worth dying for.

the league does not like to leave their members unchecked. fernando is a wild card, growing too fast and too strong. his intentions seem noble but with the strife between the commissioner and council members, no one can be too sure. if that's why she's sent to follow him, he's unsure. it's entirely possible she's here by her own motives. either way, fernando doesn't care. he has more important matters. he has to prepare.

@arlette
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
EXCAVATION
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2018 10:47:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","arlette"]
[attr="class","st-2-000"]
[attr="class","st-2-001"]

[attr="class","st-2-002"]
[attr="class","st-2-003"]

excavation

[attr="class","st-2-004"]

unease roots itself amongst her veins the moment she hears the assignment mentioned. no matter the words used it’s babysitting ; glorified in false importance. or so arlette had thought until a name drops. it’s a man whose name is hushed in whispers arlette hears often, some petty jealousy others more concerning. she understands why such a person would get so much attention. a man of money and power is a frightening thing. that fear has arlette volunteering before anyone else. it brings a certain curiosity that she can’t shake without meeting him for herself.

[break][break]

distrust keeps arlette a few steps behind fernando ; too aware of every move she makes. it’s a trial keeping her attention solely on the man in front of her. while the cavern they continue forward in is nothing like that of the ruins her mind takes no time recalling unwanted memories.

[break][break]

sir.” the word is a struggle to say aloud, leaving a taste on her tongue that makes her sick. it’s far too humbling for her liking but it’s the only thing that seems to fit the moment. “is there anything specific you’re looking for here? perhaps things will go faster if i’m aware of what to look for.” arlette understands she won’t learn anything without giving something in return. she’s sure her time means nothing to a man who owns so much, so arlette hopes her willing compliance is a better offer. “i’m here to help you after all.

[newclass=.arlette .st-2-001 b, .arlette .st-2-004 i]color: #7991a5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arlette .st-2-001 h3]background-color: #7991a5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.st-2-004 i, .st-2-000]background-color: #222;[/newclass]

[newclass=.st-2-000]margin: 0 auto; width: 340px; padding: 25px; border: 1px solid #424242;[/newclass]
[newclass=.st-2-001]width: 280px; padding: 30px; font-family: calibri; font-size: 10px; color: #adadad; text-align: justify; line-height: 13.5pt;[/newclass]
[newclass=.st-2-001 h1]font-size: 6px; font-weight: 300; color: #dcdcdc; letter-spacing: 3px; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: center; padding-bottom: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.st-2-001 h2]font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #c3c3c3; letter-spacing: 2px; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: center; padding-bottom: 10px; font-family: times;[/newclass]
[newclass=.st-2-001 h3]font-size: 7px; color: #fff; letter-spacing: 2px; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: center; padding: 8px 8px 8px 9px; font-family: times; width: fit-content;[/newclass]
[newclass=.st-2-002]width: 110px; height: 110px; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #484848; border-radius: 100%; margin: 0 auto; margin-bottom: 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.st-2-003]border-radius: 100%; height: 100px; width: 100px; border: 5px solid #1d1d1d; background-size: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.st-2-004]height: 1px; width: 280px; background-color: #777; margin: 20px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.st-2-004 i]position: absolute; margin: -9px 0px 0px 10px; font-size: 7px; text-align: center; font-family: verdana; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 0.5px; padding: 0px 3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
EXCAVATION
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2018 0:35:07 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD RHYDON APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / lightning rod[break]
hammer arm / rock blast / drill run / stomp
[break][break]

& @arlette

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD MIENFOO APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / inner focus[break]
u-turn / drain punch / quick guard / aura sphere
[break][break]

& @arlette

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
EXCAVATION
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2018 19:13:06 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"you don't have to be so formal. fernando or silph is fine."

fernando dismisses the notion that respect must be given by name. the designation of a title means little to the man. actions, not words, appropriate reverence. @yiannis may jerk himself off to the nominal power he holds but fernando thirsts for something more: trust. the divergence in their social circle may prove overbearing but depicting himself as someone down to earth may prove beneficial. either way, it doesn't hurt to try.

"not sure. they think some of the caves in hoenn may lead us to something about the other ruins."

fernando pauses. the rumble of something much too large causes him to call upon his pokeballs. two lay in his hand, ready to dispatch whatever comes their way. he expects something rocky, ground type at the very least. an ardent ICE BEAM from his aurorus freezes the rhydon in place. the calamity of a cave in is over before it ever begins. fernando's eyes narrow, turning back to arlette. "i'll be taking this one, if that's okay with you." respect is earned, not given. that's why he asks her for permission. another attempt at civility, another chance to earn a favorable impression.

a spare pokeball goes forth and with it the rhydon. what's left is a chunk of ice missing what once remained. it'll melt soon enough. hopefully, they'll be long gone.

@arlette
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
EXCAVATION
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2018 11:02:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","arlette"]
[attr="class","st-2-000"]
[attr="class","st-2-001"]

[attr="class","st-2-002"]
[attr="class","st-2-003"]

excavation

[attr="class","st-2-004"] • im sorry for this late and bad post

surprise is the deciding emotion to win above all else. within barely a minute the woman's words are halted, kept silent by fernando's dismissal towards her formality. she’d assumed he would be just like the others, eating up every submissive comment and action she displayed because of some unseen role that separates her from the rest ; but fernando proves her wrong, for now.

[break][break]

their conversation halts and a challenger approaches, brought to its knees in a show of power and ice mere seconds upon emerging from the darkness. it’s an amazing move in its own regards and it leaves arlette just a shade of envy in its wake.

[break][break]

of course, help yourself fernando.” his name rolls off her tongue. it’s odd ; different, but she prefers it over sir. “take whatever you may want while we’re here. don’t worry about me.

[break][break]

eyes narrow at a glance of movement somewhere near them. another approaching figure, albeit smaller than the frozen beast being captured. she thinks of letting it go without a word but, in fear of their conversation being halted again, chooses a wiser approach. a light releases a gardevoir and, with a small motion and soft please, it teleports to ensure the wandering mienfoo doesn’t interfere.

[break][break]

her footing brings her near one of the cave walls, fingers tracing against the carved curves and edges of illustrations destroyed over time. what it used to be is unrecognizable to arlette. they’d need to go deeper in to find anything substantial and new.

[break][break]

i hope we find something. maybe then we won’t be running blind the next time the league is sent into another cave.” there’s a sickening churn in her stomach as arlette recalls the titan hidden in those ruins. despite the carnage it had left behind they’d all been lucky to escape at all. “i’ll keep an eye out for anything familiar on the wall, just in case there is a connection.

[newclass=.arlette .st-2-001 b, .arlette .st-2-004 i]color: #7991a5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arlette .st-2-001 h3]background-color: #7991a5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.st-2-004 i, .st-2-000]background-color: #222;[/newclass]

[newclass=.st-2-000]margin: 0 auto; width: 340px; padding: 25px; border: 1px solid #424242;[/newclass]
[newclass=.st-2-001]width: 280px; padding: 30px; font-family: calibri; font-size: 10px; color: #adadad; text-align: justify; line-height: 13.5pt;[/newclass]
[newclass=.st-2-001 h1]font-size: 6px; font-weight: 300; color: #dcdcdc; letter-spacing: 3px; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: center; padding-bottom: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.st-2-001 h2]font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #c3c3c3; letter-spacing: 2px; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: center; padding-bottom: 10px; font-family: times;[/newclass]
[newclass=.st-2-001 h3]font-size: 7px; color: #fff; letter-spacing: 2px; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: center; padding: 8px 8px 8px 9px; font-family: times; width: fit-content;[/newclass]
[newclass=.st-2-002]width: 110px; height: 110px; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #484848; border-radius: 100%; margin: 0 auto; margin-bottom: 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.st-2-003]border-radius: 100%; height: 100px; width: 100px; border: 5px solid #1d1d1d; background-size: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.st-2-004]height: 1px; width: 280px; background-color: #777; margin: 20px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.st-2-004 i]position: absolute; margin: -9px 0px 0px 10px; font-size: 7px; text-align: center; font-family: verdana; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 0.5px; padding: 0px 3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
EXCAVATION
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2018 23:21:52 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD MAGNETON APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
genderless / magnet pull[break]
thunder wave / discharge / magnet rise / flash cannon
[break][break]

& @arlette

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD SANDSHREW APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / sand rush[break]
sand tomb / gyro ball / dig / slash
[break][break]

& @arlette

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
EXCAVATION
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2018 16:19:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"no," he chides. it comes with a faux tone that portrays some semblance of concern for her company. "that's not how this works. if you want it, take it. our strength is in numbers." the rhydon is a reminder of his promise. little does she know how real those words ring true. it won't be until the siege of sootopolis that the will league understand the potency of a one man army.

the sight of a gardevior does not go unnoticed. it pains him to see one, a common stance in the league's repertoire of psychic defense mechanisms. it reminds him of his own. how long had they been together? eyes turn away, concern only with moving forward. she's gone now. that's what happens to tools. they rust, they break. fernando makes no further comment. his attention is on aurorus, as it should be.

the deeper they venture the more opposition they face. several pokemon call this place their home and the two of them are unwelcome trespassers. it takes a much stronger HYPER BEAM to REFRIGERATE the defensive magneton that intrudes on their expedition. "i concur." fernando finds the chance to stir at her thoughts. probing. searching. all for the faintest seeds of discords. anything to rile up her inner opposition. just how far does her allegiance go? at what point does the discontent seep through. fernando digs, innocent words paving the grounds for his exploration into her political stance. "it's unfortunate that things have been so disorganized."  

fernando marvels at his newfound ice sculpture. only after she refuses to claim his prey does he assign it to a spare pokeball. it's one of many with room for many more as they continue their descent.

++magneton

@arlette
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights