Kazimir Wynter
wear your heart [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 1:46:24 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

[attr="class","merrkpokesI"]

the place looked real pretty.

kazimir not so much.

he was well dressed and clean for the event so he wasn't dirty and looked presentable. his face and the beads of sweat that slid down his face weren't so much a good sight to see. maybe speed dating was a mistake. at first he was all for it and was down to find some cute and hot guys to grab some numbers and hit it off with. but now that he was here...it was a bit much. maybe it was the fact that he was here that was getting to him, maybe it was the crowd around him that got him nervous. he took a sip of water to calm himself and almost did a spit take when he saw someone approach his table. "oh-oh yo. you my date for the next...uh how long we do this?" his voice wasn't full of his usual confidence as he nodded at their arrival and tried to put on the best smile and cute face he could muster.

[attr="class","merrktagI"]

[newclass=.merrkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkI b] color: #44d4e4; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 8px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
wear your heart [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 7:57:26 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

This was a terrible idea, wasn't it?

Orion had signed up on a whim while scrolling through his phone, definitely a little tipsy at the time. He was working on his confidence, slowly but surely, and the alcohol had removed just enough of his inhibitions to make him forget how much of a coward he was when it came to dating.

He could have backed out. Should have, honestly. But he hadn't.

He cleans up nice, at least. Suit and tie, styled hair, the works. He almost looks normal as he approaches the table to which he'd been directed to. His Absol pads quietly at his side, head turning occasionally to investigate some sound or another.

Concern flashes across the councilman's face when his — his date, yikes — looks as if he might choke. Orion's normally composed expression betrays his thought process like a work of art: alarm, concern, amusement, and then... strangely, something that could definitely be taken as relief.

This guy seems just as fumbling and awkward as he was. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

He sits down, offering a nervous smile and a chuckle that sticks in his throat. "Uh, not sure on the specifics, but it's speed dating so it's supposed to be pretty quick, yeah?" God, that put a lot of pressure on them to like... talk about things, didn't it? "But yeah, apparently I am. Name's Orion Lykos. It's ah, nice to meet you, ah...?"

Had they given him a name? He can't remember. Shit.

[newclass=.orion] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11.5px;background-color:#444444;padding:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b] color: #4ab97b; font-weight:lighter;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
wear your heart [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 13:41:24 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

"kazimir." crap was he supposed to introduce himself first? it felt rude to let the other guy go on as he got over to the table. however what should kaz say? he watched the guy for something to compliment about him, people loved that, and that's when the gears in his head began to turn as he looked oddly familiar. he was sure he saw him before like maybe passing on the routes, on tv, or somewhere like a market-oh.

"oh hey, aren't you um...on the council right? i heard some of them were there at slateport. you doing ok? i know a lot of people are sort of trying to get over it but i didn't think speed dating was a good way of getting over it." he chuckled as he put on a warm smile. it wasn't probably the best topic to start with but he could at least work with it since he was there as well.

well not him exactly.

"y'know i could show you some better things after this to help better unwind. consider it a treat from a concerned fan." his confidence was starting to rise now. now he could really start to properly try and get the most out of the dating part of this speed dating event.

[newclass=.merrkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkI b] color: #44d4e4; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 8px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
wear your heart [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 15:00:24 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

Orion ducks his head sheepishly when he's almost immediately recognized by the other man. He's going to have to get used to that, isn't he? His reputation precedes him more oft than not as of late.

"Yeah, that's me," he confirms, grimacing a little at the memory of the Slateport attack. Not his favourite subject in the world, but he understood why it was a hot topic of conversation. "Most of the Council were there, actually. I think only Councilman Cole was absent."

Dahlia had been... well, she'd been there, if not fighting on the same side as the others. Orion leaves that part out.

Orion does manage a laugh at the jest, appreciating the humour.

"Were you there, too?" he wonders, perhaps seeking the understanding of someone who'd suffered the same. "During the attack?"

Of course, Kazimir's next statement sees the councilman's cheeks flush red: was he being propositioned? This was speed-dating after all. Perhaps Kazimir was simply offering a friendly outing to help distract from the horrors of that night. (Orion had signed up for friendship and romance in equal measure, after all, and he hadn't exactly been told which would be which.)

It's even more alarming to realise that he doesn't mind either way. His smile is shy.

"What did you have in mind?"

[newclass=.orion] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11.5px;background-color:#444444;padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
wear your heart [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 18:14:45 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

"ah. no i wasn't." best to leave that detail out, how bad would it look if people knew pokkenger was out speed dating. that would mean he's cheating on his girlfriend !

he didn't think the guy would take him up on his offer to go somewhere though. now kaz was in a hole, a deep hole. deeper than ultra space. "well..." think think. what would be the best place for a sort of platonic "get to know you" kind of date. what was the last place kaz did go to that did that? maybe like...a bath house-oh god no don't let those words out- "we could go to like a hot spring. i know lavaridge is famous for those. their nice to share with people."

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
wear your heart [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 6:39:03 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

"I'm glad to hear that." Orion's tone is soft, the words genuine. People had lost their lives, sustained serious injuries, lost their beloved Pokemon... it wasn't something he'd wish on a worst enemy. "You asked how I was doing," he remembers. "It's been rough. Not something you can just put out of mind, you know? But I'm alive, and that's better than others." His thoughts drift to Mateo. The League's official statements suggested that the Elite had lost his life, and Orion's more inclined to agree with each passing day. If they'd lost so much to only two of the Ultra beasts... "And... thank you. For the concern."

Lavaridge's hot springs are suggested, and his face is certainly warm enough already.

"I've never actually been," he confesses, with a light laugh. He's lived in Hoenn his entire life, but the public location had always dissuaded him from going. With someone else, though, with an invitation... "It sounds nice. I think — yeah, I think that would be nice."

He pulls out the notepad that he's always got on his person for ranger duties and quickly jots down his number, sliding it across the table.

"So you don't have to call my office to get a hold of me," he explains, chuckling at the thought. How awkward would that be for the both of them?

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
wear your heart [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 7:59:56 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

his face goes warm despite it still retaining his color as the man gave the ok to head to some hot springs when they had the time. of course time for them was pretty short as the bell to signal the end of the first round of dating was ringing. "wow. that went fast. uh here." he took the number he was given and scrawled his own onto the note pad too before handing it back and standing up from his seat with a hand out towards orion.

"hey it was real nice meeting ya. if something happens and ya don't find a date here...call me. yeah?" his confidence was rising to get up and get out there now thanks to him. "i'll try to keep in touch. later." with that he was leaving the table with a smile and a blush on his face.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
wear your heart [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 8:16:34 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

For all that it was in the name, speed-dating really lived up to expectations. The bell rings, and Orion's quick to accept the number that's slid across to him with a smile.

Kazimir offers his hand, and the councilman shakes it: not with the brusque, firm hand of a politician, but with the gentler touch of someone whose interest was not strictly in business.

"It was nice meeting you, too," he says, still smiling. His stomach flutters like a trapped bird, but it's not the most unpleasant feeling. "I'll keep in touch."