part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
HNN - VOLUME 3 ISSUE 1
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 3:20:09 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","hnnpage"]
[attr="class","hnntitle"]HOENN NEWS NETWORK
[attr="class","hnnsub"]THE LATEST NEWS BROUGHT TO YOU LOUD & CLEAR FROM YOUR TRUSTED BROADCASTER, TV MAUVILLE!
[attr="class","hnnissuenum"]
[attr="class","hnnball"]
[attr="class","hnnissuemar"]VOLUME 03 ISSUE 01 / JANUARY 2020 EDITION
[attr="class","hnncolorbg"]
[attr="class","hnnpicbg"]
[attr="class","hnntext"]

NEW YEAR'S CELEBRATIONS INTERRUPTED BY ULTRA BEAST ATTACKS

WRITTEN BY FINN AITKEN
SLATEPORT CITY - In the evening before the turn of the decade, an ultra wormhole materialized above the night market. Witnesses have reported a lanky clown-like "ultra beast" leaving its port before detonating its head. The explosion resulted in the deaths of several trainers and Pokemon, and wounded many others. Hospital officials have stated the injured are in critical condition with many needing to be flown to other medical facilities such as Gym Leader 's Duvet Ranch.

The remaining survivors assembled in order to drive back the ultra beast. A bomb had been set on the lighthouse's New Year's Ball by the ultra beast, which would have razed southern Hoenn to the ground if it were not for the heroic efforts of the survivors. In particular, 's Mega Gyarados and Councilman 's Tapu Fini were able to launch the bomb high enough before detonation. The explosion destroyed some nearby windows and infrastructure, police said.

Slateport PD has gathered reports of an "ultra beast-infused" Commissioner, , strangling Councilwoman . She was eventually subdued and teleported to safety by Elite Four , using an unidentified Pokemon. Currently, she is in critical condition and is under constant League surveillance.

When approached for a comment, Councilman declined to speak on the matter. It seems the League has entered radiosilence in regards to the disaster, opting for institutions such as the Slateport PD to act as their proxies.

Out of the mud of tragedy, many believe a newfound romance has bloomed. The Pokenger (), a Hoenn hero, was reported to have rescued the Elite Four member, , causing many to dub their couple name as "Po-cooper." Furthermore, Councilwoman has endorsed , causing many to dub her as the "Saint of Slateport" for her healing efforts.

Both ultra beasts were eventually defeated; however, witnesses have noticed the clown-like ultra beast disappearing in the middle of battle. Some suggest a masked figure () was responsible for its sudden absence, for the figure and their Dragapult were accompanied by what some have identified as a Darkrai. Some say that the creature was captured, but reports suggest that conventional pokeballs are not effective on these extraterrestrials.

In the ensuing aftermath, Gym Leader has defected from his League position. Citing differences between him and Councilwoman , the man has abandoned his station, stating that he would venture into ultra space. In addition, Elite Four , has also disappeared and is presumably dead. Survivors have reported that he was dragged by an ultra beast into the ultra wormhole opened by Ex-Gym Leader 's Solgaleo, leaving only one shoe.

A small controversy ensued wherein a young lady by the name of procured Elite Four 's footwear. Elite Four , had a confrontation with her, demanding the shoe back. When asked for a comment, said, "Frankie was already hurt from fighting those monsters, and the last thing it needed was to get turned on by another trainer. Anyway, imagine my surprise when I look up the guy’s name a few days later and find out he’s Kyle Lopez, one of the Elite Four!" She continues, "I was disappointed. And a little mad. But mostly disappointed, because those guys are supposed to be the best of us trainers, right?"

However, some have criticized her for tampering with crime scene evidence. In addition, it is possible she was unaware of the close relationship between the two Elite Four members. Regardless, many are curious of the Pokemon she possessed. Described as an odd amalgamation of limbs with a helmet, many have struggled to identify the species. Newly appointed Elite Four is also reported as having such a Pokemon, causing waves in scientific circles.

Currently, Slateport PD is working in tandem with construction companies to repair the night market. Funeral services for the dead are planned throughout the month, and a memorial is planned to be erected near the lighthouse. Slateport's Contest Hall intends on fundraising for the affected families with a contest later next month.

PAID ADVERTISEMENTS

LEAVE US A COMMENT

[div align="center"][div style="width:350px;border:#cccccc solid 1px;padding:5px;"][div style="background-color:#1f1f1f;font-family:tahoma;font-size:7.5pt;text-align:justify;padding:40px;"][table style="width:100%;"][tbody][tr][td style="vertical-align:top;width:70px;"][img style="max-width:100%;border:#cccccc solid 1px;padding:5px;height:55px;width:55px;" src="http://placehold.it/55x55"][/td][td style="vertical-align:top;"][div style="font-family:courier new;font-size:8pt;font-weight:bold;"]USERNAME // [/div]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque efficitur lacus quis lacus tempor, sit amet rutrum purus rhoncus.[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/div][/div][/div]

[googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Abel][googlefont=Source+Code+Pro]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
HNN - VOLUME 3 ISSUE 1
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 3:26:01 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
THEPEOPLESCHAMP //
HOLY SHIT IS BAILEY FUCKING A POWER RANGER?
close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
HNN - VOLUME 3 ISSUE 1
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 3:29:50 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
GREGAR //
Pokkenger, if you're reading this, meet up where the craters form the caverns. It's go time. Also, Abbiati is a manipulative and power freak.
close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
my own blood pains me, the salt as much as the vein
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
HNN - VOLUME 3 ISSUE 1
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 3:29:53 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar
finisce//
terrible what happened in slateport and my shock is magnified about bailey. i never thought i'd have to find out something like this through the HNN :(
close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
HNN - VOLUME 3 ISSUE 1
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 3:30:09 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
togekill //
USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
HNN - VOLUME 3 ISSUE 1
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 3:36:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
DragonAce_845 //
That ... This couldn't have happened!!! Mateo - he was strong, wasn't he!?!?! What happened to our deal!?! OUR PROMISE!?!? I was supposed to face him and win!!! Now you're saying he's just GONE!?!?!?!?
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
HNN - VOLUME 3 ISSUE 1
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 3:40:44 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar
Ekans Eyes //
Are the rest of the survivors safe? Not dying, I mean. And what of Pokemon death, I imagine it was just as devastating.
close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
Be silent or let thy words be worth more than silence.
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
HNN - VOLUME 3 ISSUE 1
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 3:42:22 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
SilenceWalks //
I don't think I'll ever had words to describe the chaos and horror that I witnessed. It is something I never would wish on anyone. I hope and pray that all those who have lost their loved ones are remembered by their families and are given the respect they deserve. Mateo. I'm sorry. Wherever you are, I'm sorry.
close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
I can't change! Guess you can blame it on my left-side brain!
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
HNN - VOLUME 3 ISSUE 1
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 3:47:04 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar
TYRANTDINO //
Wow. Tell me to thank my stars I was nowhere near that clusterfuck, am I right?
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
HNN - VOLUME 3 ISSUE 1
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 3:47:40 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
ESSERCHEN //
So are we scapegoating Dahlia's murder on this 'Ultra Beast' or will she be held responsible for her actions? Who else committed crimes due to these 'Ultra Beasts'? Will they allow her to end Councilwoman Olivia as well?
close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
HNN - VOLUME 3 ISSUE 1
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 4:01:43 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
TOWNSPEOPLE-A //
Is nobody gonna mention the amazing man with his shining hair that fought an ultra beast with his bare hands? Seriously? I'm pretty sure he did most of the work!
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
HNN - VOLUME 3 ISSUE 1
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 4:11:28 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
clark_kent //
i will! that dude was so fucking hot. like literally, he slammed down one of those monsters. THAT'S RAW AS HELL DUDES. I WANNA MEET THIS MAN.
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
HNN - VOLUME 3 ISSUE 1
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 4:15:04 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
mr.po_cooper //
my heart goes out to all those who suffered that night. i'm sorry if i could not help you more than i could miss cooper. but don't fear! i will personally see to it that at the very least i will get mateo back! that's a poke-promise!