Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
763 height
763 height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
sugar & spice [m]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 8:04:23 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Inside a confectionery, there's a bustling crowd buying out almost every imaginable kind of sweet, from chocolate to licorice. It's difficult keeping up with demand, especially as the holiday approaches. Where the professionals cater to the connoisseurs and posh romanticists, others are able to step in and devise delights for the common man...

Or at least, that's how Adrian fits in. He's no artisan, and you could hardly label him a cook. But he's got an eye for detail, and a sweet tooth as qualified as any. He's decked out in an apron and a hair net, latex gloves snug against his digits as he fiddles with some chocolate he's shaping.

He's molding luvdisc out of the savory decadence, although the centerpiece will be an Alomomola. That's if he can even get this stupid chocolate to stick together; perhaps he should ask for help.

close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
sugar & spice [m]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 8:15:01 GMT
cadis von klaussner Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

"a penny for your thoughts!" a jovial dawn asked, yet greeted, the dazed male. he'd just entered the scenery without a second thought. "you seem to be struggling, are you here as a gym trainer or someone makin' sweets for their love interest?" dawn asked. he was here on behalf of cait and was near to completion of his dessert. soon he'd be able to go home, but it didn't look as if he'd be leaving anytime soon.

that's right, the person standing before him caught his interest. he wanted to know what exactly was the special occasion. "is it for a lover? you seem to be workin' real hard." it was then he'd offer the next, "let me help you out, friend!"

mission: affection confection
notes: boom

[attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #a695ca; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
763 height
763 height
awards
2,390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
sugar & spice [m]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 8:34:32 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Someone takes the initiative for him, oppressing him with an overwhelming amount of chipper behavior. A bead of sweat trickles down from his temple as he tries to follow what they're saying, all while trying to keep a hold of his chocolate.

"I'm just helping out," he offered in a sheepish tone. "These are for Valentine's." Not anyone's in particular, they were going to be available for purchase... or so he hoped they'd turn out so well.

They offer a helping hand, which he can hardly afford to refuse. "Sure," he gestures at the alomomola's detached fins. "Can you attach them for me, please? He reached at another project nearby, a bowl of white peppermint candy and another of cinnamon. Changing one pair of gloves for another, he began rolling each bowl's contents one-by-one into gumball sized balls; white for peppermint, red for cinnamon. Easy enough.

"Once that one's finished, I think the chocolates are set. These mints are next."

Cutting each of the sphere in half, he reveals the ultimate goal of pressing opposing halves together, forming pokeball cinna-mints. He's even got a dorky slogan prepared to the extent of "To help you capture that special someone's attention."

His ideas are cheesy and the talent isn't there, but at least he's helping, right? "So, what's your name? M' Adrian, so we're even." He caught their gaze just then, ignorant to their duplicity.

close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
sugar & spice [m]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 8:45:45 GMT

[attr="class","merkI"]

"you just order me around and i'll follow, comrade." he'd done just as he was requested. assisting the confectioner without scowl or displeasure, he wore a jovial expression whilst humming a tune. "i'm dawn, it's nice to meet you adrian!" in the midst conducting his assignment given to him by adrian, he'd come to receive a text from cait.

looking at his device, he'd return it to his pocket. "so are you volunteering or are you an actual confectioner? you seem so into your work i didn't wanna break your concentration, but then you had this weird expression on your face." he'd attempt to mimic it but it just wasn't working. "anyway, you seem tense so i just wanted to help you take a load off before heading out."

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #a695ca; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
763 height
763 height
awards
2,390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
sugar & spice [m]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 3:07:00 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Sorry, I'm not trying to be bossy..." But the pace at which he's trying to work is frustratingly beyond his own capabilities as an individual barely versed in the art of confection. If Dawn is at all a professional, he would be able to see it in the way Adrian worked. Yet he was persistent in his work.

"Nah, I'm just volunteering here."

That's really all there is to it. As he's joining all the red and white halves together, Dawn told him it was a pleasure, to which he could only give a warm smile. "Thanks, you too," he managed while plopping a few nearly finished cinna-mints onto an empty tray. But their honesty struck a chord.

His pace slows down to a crawl, and he finds himself a bit exhausted. "I guess I just don't know how to half-ass things," he admitted. If he was going to do something of his own volition, out of his own good grace... he was going to do it his way. And it was going to be done right.

Even if that meant meticulously crafting bonbonbs, trawling through a bunch of recipe books to help make candies for the upcoming holiday.

"What about you? Is there a special someone...?" His curiosity had been piqued.

close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
sugar & spice [m]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 3:20:31 GMT

[attr="class","merkI"]

cheeks became a rosy color as he explained. "how admirable, adrian. your hard work will truly take you places, how envious!" dawn stated with exuberance. "tell me---eh?" a special someone? rose-colored cheeks blushed heavily as he'd trail off to the side. "there is a special someone, but..." he'd rub the nape of his neck, "i don't think they'll ever notice me, haha!" covering his face and turning around, he couldn't continue doing his job due to being too bashful.

"b-b-but it's okay! there are other remoraids and feebas out in the sea, besides i'm too busy for relationships." he couldn't contain himself. his lower half casually swaying as hands clasped his cheeks. "but that doesn't mean i'll stop, if i try hard enough i'm sure i'll eventually win their hearts!" bringing his hands together, he'd say, "like your sweets. maybe if i feed them some it'll hel---actually, what were we making again?" he asked with confusion.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
763 height
763 height
awards
2,390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
sugar & spice [m]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 4:51:05 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
It was amusing to listen to Dawn ramble while he finished the last few cinna-mints, although they looked more like voltorb without eyes than a pokeball. But they could work on that later.

The other man's raving about a love interest had stirred Adrian's own simpering heart, forcing him to recollect memories from the weeks following up to today. He had lost Monty, sure... but River had him enamored. Yet there was conflict. Noah also had a boyish, ruffian's charm that made him desire...

If Dawn hadn't asked him what they were doing now, he would've been lost to his thoughts. "Uh, how about some licorice or Twizzlers next?"

"And you can take a few samples, if you want." He wasn't about to refuse him that much.

close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
sugar & spice [m]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 5:00:50 GMT

[attr="class","merkI"]

"no way! okay, but you have to write the recipe down on how to make this stuff. i'd no idea you could make this by hand, how fascinating, haha!" as he was stuffing his bag with assortments of candy, he'd come to turn toward the melancholic adrian. call it a hunch, but nothing could escape a coordinator's keen eye. "listen," a twizzler shook in front of adrian's face, "don't be so down! you'll get'em, champ! i just know it, trust in me." dawn offered the lovesick companion a beaming grin, "girls like it when a guys more confident in himself, you know!"

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
763 height
763 height
awards
2,390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
sugar & spice [m]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 5:18:06 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"They were in these books," he gestured to a stool just beside him with a cook book that lie open. The directions were rather straightforward. Dawn began to stuff some of the treats into a bag, which gave Adrian some semblance of accomplishment. At least they looked good enough to try, even if he couldn't be sure of the taste.

More interestingly however, Dawn helped to lift his spirits, giving him a bit of a warranted pep talk. His confidence in himself wavered ever as always, brittle and vulnerable, but the encouragement he got from others was always a welcome respite.

"Thanks. I wish you the same." Adrian couldn't help but latch onto the word girl though. It didn't really matter how girls felt, since he was mostly into guys, but he supposed the message was all the same. People liked those who were self-assured; it made them seem more dependable.

"Have a Happy Valentine's," he said in parting.

close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
sugar & spice [m]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 5:24:17 GMT

[attr="class","merkI"]

"thanks again, lets hangout sometime!" and with that he was off. heading to meet cait somewhere within town. this wouldn't be their last meeting with one another, that's for sure.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,257 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
sugar & spice [m]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 7:41:58 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 pokedollars, 5 infamy, 3x pokeballs.