Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
all of me, all of you [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 1:08:02 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Arriving at another fancifully decorated table just as an attendant sets down a fresh pair of drinks, Adrian takes a seat, but this time Miser lunges off the ground and into his lap. It's a poor fit, but it's manageable. He takes a sip of the champagne.

His eyes flit from person to person as he expectantly tries to single out a potential candidate for the name Alexei written on the card opposite him. It sounded like a womanly sort of name...

Adrian would soon find out how wrong he was.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,041 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 3:35:37 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
Well, that first encounter was a disaster.

A fucking disaster, and it doesn’t dispel my doubt… there’s something strange in the air, he thought to himself as he had stayed at the first table to finish off the remainder of the banana split (what? It was too good to leave alone!) before heading off to the second one.

With the name card reading ‘Adrian’, he was hoping that this encounter would be much more relaxed.

…he wasn’t expecting the ‘Adrian’ to be someone pretty famous, though. He’d heard buzz of this song that had hit the airwaves a few months previously, and damn it spoke volumes.

Sounds like abandonment… like what happened to me previously… he continued in the back of his head as he was followed to the table, his two Wooloo bleating curiously at all the sights, sounds, and smells. Finally spotting a table, he hoped that this was the right person…

…oh, dear me.

“Are you—Adrian?” he began by way of apology as he sank into the chair. “S-sorry. Got held up at my first table,” he added, hoping the other wouldn’t ask too many questions.

The Wooloo at his feet let out a bleating noise, before nudging him with their head.

“What?” he asked the black-wooled one. “What did Will do to you?”

The normal-colored Wooloo was currently attempting to nip at the other man’s footwear… oops.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 4:17:53 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Yes, I am." So first off, Alexei was a man's name. Might've been foreign, and that was okay, he was just thrown off a bit. Beaming with warmth, they seemed a kind and graceful fellow, showing due manners. "Don't mention it. I was just..."

Adrian's foot jerks away from what feels like a tugging sensation, looking down past Miser only to see a Wooloo ravenously gnawing at his shoelace. "Hey, stop that, these're expensive," he manages to blurt out before his foot flails about in the Wooloo's vice grip. Miser is not amused...

A low rumbling followed by a growl, and Miser is rounding on the Wooloo for disrupting its perfect perch by making Adrian kick about. "Oh no."

He's got both his arms around Miser, holding him like an over-sized kitty before draping him against his shoulder, forcing him to look away from the Wooloo and providing him a different sort of comfort. The growl becomes a purr as Adrian strokes down along its back, smoothing out the hairs that are standing on end. That was one problem gone, but the Wooloo was yet another.

"This thing's eating my shoe," he said dryly to Alexei. His hands were full, so it was up to them to rein in their pokemon's bad habits. Hopefully they were quick about it, or his foot would be next on the menu as the evening's special, no doubt.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,041 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 4:34:15 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
Okay, not bad, he looks kind of cute...

Blinking a few times, he's about to continue the conversation when the Persian starts squirming around, and Adrian's exasperated look is enough cause for him to look down and see...

"William, what did I tell you about eating other people's shoes? Stop that right now," he said firmly. To confirm this, the black-wooled Wooloo tottered over to the normal-furred one and proceeded to nip it in the ear. The normal Wooloo let out a cry of dismay before being herded back by the other.

"Geez, I am so sorry about that. He's normally well-behaved. I hope your Persian isn't upset, he apologized before looking down at the two Wooloo who were bleating at each other. Clearly the black-wooled one was telling the normal-wooled one off before letting out a disapproving noise.

"Yeesh, is there anything I can do about the shoes? I can get them cleaned for you," he offered a few moments later.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 22:14:09 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"It's fine, they're old academy shoes anyway." They were nostalgic at best, tacky at their worst. He didn't own much in the way of formal attire save for these, but he rarely went out to formal events to begin with... "Thanks."

He took a drink, considering what to ask them about, but instead he took a moment to take a gander at them. Platinum blond hair was a nice match to lavender irises. An alluring visage, although he's curious about their accent.

"Are you from here, Alexei? I'm from out of country myself. Sinnoh, in fact." He paused.

That hadn't been too direct a question, had it?

Adrian could read into anything the wrong way, so he always worried others might as well. Smoothing out Miser's fur, he awaited their response, pulling his legs together and shimmied to sit upright.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,041 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 15:19:25 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
Compared to earlier, he could at least afford to relax around the other man. Much as he wanted to inquire how old he was, he decided not to. The next question caught him off-guard for a few moments, however he recomposed himself.

Turning his attention away from the Wooloo at his feet, he replied, "Not originally from here, I came from Unova. I moved out here when I was eighteen. Been living here ever since. Should you be familiar with Mistralton, that's where I originally lived. How about you? From where in Sinnoh do you come from?" he inquired.

He couldn't help but dwell on why the young man's voice sounded so familiar to him. He couldn't place why, but there was something niggling at him about Adrian's voice. It was like the answer was on the tip of his tongue...

Another bleating noise from somewhere near his feet snaps him out of his stupor.

"Want to apologize to Adrian, Will? Eating shoelaces isn't nice," he continued, disappearing for a moment before picking up the Wooloo to face the other man.

"Go on."

Embarrassed to be put on the spot, the Wooloo hid his face in his fur for a few moments before letting out a sheepish (heh) noise, which came out as a squeak.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 16:58:29 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"I'm not, sadly. I lived all over Sinnoh; my father's a businessman over there. My mother's from Galar." Her accent and dialect sometimes showed itself in his spoken tongue.

"I liked staying at Snowpoint and Jubilife City." But would Alexei have heard of those places? Perhaps he was more traveled than he, although that begged the question of whether he was older. Adrian didn't seem to think he was any older than him by much, though it could be hard to discern from looks alone. "Father's work centered around Jubilife, but Snowpoint was our little... home away from home." Where he got away from his father.

"They're cute. Are they one of the imported Galarian species...?" It might have been many months, but they were still importing the less invasive species more and more, while the others trickled in slowly usually via black market...

"That one must be shiny, then. Like my Persian here," he lifted Miser around, turning his belly to Alexei while cradling him on his back. One arm held fast to it, keeping him secure while the other played with the flaps of his ear, exposing the velvety pink pigment. "I'm not much of a collector, but I adore my Persian." Adrian smiled at Miser, stroking through his fur once more while the silly beast pawed at his bangs playfully.

It seemed however that their time was at an end. Many of the tables were beginning to empty and disperse, and Adrian was loathe to arrive late to a date. "It was a pleasant chat, Alexei. See ya."

Dipping his head in parting, Adrian took his leave.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,041 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 18:33:05 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
Of course, Alexei had no idea that the earlier members of his family weren't from Unova, but from a small little shrine town in the same region that Adrian had described briefly. While he wasn't familiar with Jubilife, he had heard of Snowpoint in passing here and there--one of the coldest places in the area.

"The sun rarely breaks through the deep snowdrifts up north there," he mentioned quietly. He had heard curious little stories about the place; of how so many Froslass were sighted around the area especially in the deepest times of night. Adrian's next comment makes the Wooloo he's holding up let out a blepping sort of noise, still embarrassed to be put on the spotlight.

"Yep, he's one of the new Pokémon. Got him from a ranch near Littleroot. Nobody wannted him in the herd, so I decided to take him in myself. He's a classic little troublemaker," he shared with a laugh. The Wooloo wanted to roll out of his owner's hold and just wilt somewhere, he was being roasted (heh)!

The black-wooled Wooloo was more behaved, minding his business at Alexei's feet and giving the normal-colored Wooloo another disapproving look.

"Oh? Miser is shiny? I never would have guessed," he commented--when he saw the underbelly, he realized that normal Persians don't have that coloration.

Just as he was about to ask another question, the buzzers went off. Welp.

"See you sometime then, Adrian," he remarked in return. Not until he had some time to himself later did he realize that Adrian was the voice behind that famous song that had been around the airwaves for some time now...

- Finis -