awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
LEISURE [ PRE SLATEPORT]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2018 4:15:25 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
the night never dies young. the hours may drag on but there's always something to do in slateport. tonight, they find themselves in the lower district, hours past dinner and well into the time zone of when bad decisions are made. that's what brings their venture out of the outskirts and into the city. man handling wild pokemon only sates so much. there's a different relief that comes in the company of another. one that's found in the solace of liquor and unpronounced conversation.

"rumpleskin. whatever for the lady."

a shot is poured and fernando downs it without regret. it tastes of mint. like toothpaste. but the chalkiness of the flavored liquor is unmatched. fifty full proof isn't anything to laugh at and without a chaser to wash it down fernando has to let the taste settle in his mouth. it spurs the urge to chat-- a scene that's all too familiar.

"so where are you from?"

@cordelia
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
LEISURE [ PRE SLATEPORT]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2018 11:34:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","vitalbackground"]
[attr="class","vitaltop"] I will move forward and never stop

[attr="class","vitalpostback"]
[attr="class","vitalpost"]
there was a sense of uncertainty in her. she had never been to such a place before, and she couldn't help but wonder what had she exactly missed out on all these years. she wasn't one to drink, so she really didn't know what to pick. would she like it? would she hate it? her parents were rather proud of the fact their little girl didn't know how to drink. almost absurdly so, in fact. but she isn't that concerned about it, even as her fingers end up curling on the bar, even as she frowns a little more.
[break][break]
''mudshake. please.'' she said, finally spotting a word she's familiar with.
[break][break]
still, she's not sure how to handle herself, but it seems like her outside was good enough to not bring questions. raising her blonde head a little, the girl tilts it, and then lets out a soft laugh at the question. ''honestly? everywhere but nowhere. my parents used to travel a lot. they have a bunch of houses in different places. dunno what they exactly do, because we never go to the super mega rich parties - at least that I know of. they might have gone without me. no idea, honest.'' she said, giving a small shrug. but she can remember the first place she called home - the first place they stayed in for over a year.
[break][break]
the sound of the ocean still comforts her.
[break][break]
''I'll say it's seaside, for convenience. where? well I'll leave that to your imagination.'' she adds on a breath later. the drink finally arrives before her, and the girl takes a small sip. it's in the small wrinkle of her nose that shows she's not used to the taste, but it wasn't bad at all. she hadn't specified what flavour, so the bartender decided to get fancy, and served her up some chocolate and butterscotch combination. it was nice, honestly. and she liked milkshakes, so a shot of vodka in it wouldn't change much would it? never.
[break][break]
''what about you?'' she replies, feeling a strange warmth settle into her bones. huh, how weird.
[break][break]
that was definitely new.

[attr="class","vitalbottom"]
[attr="class","vitaliconout"]
[attr="class","vitaliconedge1"]
[attr="class","vitaliconedge2"]

[attr="class",vitalpokemon"]

[attr="class","vitalline"]

[attr="class","vitalooc"][break] ooh I think cordelia discovered some hidden coyness? huh, this will get interesting.

[googlefont=Raleway][googlefont=Advent Pro:300]
[googlefont="Material+Icons"]
[newclass=.vitalbackground]width:500px;border:5px solid #151515;position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vitaltop]width:500px;height:50px;background: #191919;border-bottom: 5px solid #DB2932;font-family: Advent Pro;font-size: 35px;color: #cdcdcd;line-height:50px;text-shadow:0px 0px 1px #949288;letter-spacing:-2px;position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vitaltop b]color: #949288;text-shadow:0px 0px 1px #DB2932;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vitalpostback]width:500px;background: #191919;position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vitalpost]width:470px;color: #dcdcdc;font-family: Raleway;text-align: justify;padding:8px;font-size:18px;
line-height:17px;letter-spacing:-1px;position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vitalpost b]text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #DB2932;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vitalbottom]width:500px;height:130px;background:#191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vitaliconout]width:120px;height:120px;margin-top:5px;margin-right:-370px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vitaliconedge1]height:20px;width:20px;border-left:5px solid #DB2932;border-top:5px solid #A00D30;position:relative;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vitaliconedge2]height:20px;width:20px;border-right:5px solid #DB2932;border-bottom:5px solid #A00D30;position:relative;float:right;margin-top:-18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vitalpokemon]width:252px;height:30px;margin-top:-120px;margin-left:-122px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vitalline]width:252px;margin-left:-122px;margin-top:13px;border:1px solid #A00D30;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vitalooc]width:360px;height:75px;margin-left:-122px;margin-top:-1px;padding:5px;font-family:Raleway;font-size:13px;line-height:12px;color:#dcdcdc;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
LEISURE [ PRE SLATEPORT]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2018 11:50:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando makes no comment on her choice of liquor. he can't. he's unfamiliar with the brand but watching the bartender pour it shows him both the container and the liquids color. that's enough for him to surmise what type of drink it is. he makes no further investigation but the thought lies in the back of his mind. maybe he'll try it next.

the conversation drifts off into a length exposition. fernando absorbs every word of it, building his own mental profile for cordelia as she dabbles on. it's interesting but doesn't provide anything substantial. nothing he can outwardly use against her. not yet. so he lets her continues, until he pry something useful. all it takes is some coercion.

"i'm from saffron," fernando starts. he has many stories and even more lies. which one he'll spill today, he's uncertain. he raises his hand for another shot and continues on. "before the rockets invaded. nice place, sorta. streets were grimy, crime was high, social inequality even higher, but it was home. the streets grew you up tough and the rich tore you right back down. it's a shame it's gone now though."

like earlier, it arrives, and fernando kills it as quickly as his story. it's his turn to ask again. "so you didn't know what your parents did? were you not interested?"

@cordelia
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
LEISURE [ PRE SLATEPORT]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2018 15:33:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

ah, she did it again didn't she? where she just talks and talks?
[break][break]
well he asked.
[break][break]
but she was also a good listener. she would listen to him, gently sipping her drink. the taste of the vodka wasn't too strong, even though she could still taste it. then again, she had always been strange like that. each word, she listened. and honestly, she kind of liked listening to him talk. there was just a quality in his voice, maybe it was some sort of charisma? or maybe the rough quality was just interesting. well, whatever it was, it was enough for her to just want to listen. and she did listen, even as he switched the conversation to something a little... different. perhaps focusing on something else she said.
[break][break]
''yeah. I mean I guess I was curious at some point, but I figured I was better off not knowing. not with how worried mom used to get, and how sometimes dad would be gone for weeks. I'd get left with pepper when that happened.'' she said, frowning a little into her glass. distant memories floated into her mind, but she just let out a sigh, clearing it. ''I guess I lost interest after seeing how my parents acted about it. sometimes, dad would give me a bunch of kisses and try to reassure me that he loved me. as if he might not come back. so that all together... took away my interest.'' she said. although it was getting a little personal, she figured this traveler wanted to know more about the girl that helped him.
[break][break]
it was only natural, and turnabout was fairplay. the implication that it was his turn was obvious - even she knew that.
[break][break]
so she just took another sip of her drink, contemplating her past - and how she got to where she was now.

[attr="class","vitalooc"][break] bloop another drop of life

[newclass=.vitalbackground]width:500px;border:5px solid #151515;position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vitaltop]width:500px;height:50px;background: #191919;border-bottom: 5px solid #DB2932;font-family: Advent Pro;font-size: 35px;color: #cdcdcd;line-height:50px;text-shadow:0px 0px 1px #949288;letter-spacing:-2px;position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vitaltop b]color: #949288;text-shadow:0px 0px 1px #DB2932;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vitalpostback]width:500px;background: #191919;position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vitalpost]width:470px;color: #dcdcdc;font-family: Raleway;text-align: justify;padding:8px;font-size:18px;
[newclass=.vitaliconout]width:120px;height:120px;margin-top:5px;margin-right:-370px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vitaliconedge1]height:20px;width:20px;border-left:5px solid #DB2932;border-top:5px solid #A00D30;position:relative;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vitaliconedge2]height:20px;width:20px;border-right:5px solid #DB2932;border-bottom:5px solid #A00D30;position:relative;float:right;margin-top:-18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vitalpokemon]width:252px;height:30px;margin-top:-120px;margin-left:-122px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vitalline]width:252px;margin-left:-122px;margin-top:13px;border:1px solid #A00D30;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vitalooc]width:360px;height:75px;margin-left:-122px;margin-top:-1px;padding:5px;font-family:Raleway;font-size:13px;line-height:12px;color:#dcdcdc;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
LEISURE [ PRE SLATEPORT]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2018 0:15:07 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"ah." fernando allows the story to fizzle out. the background behind it reeks of something sensitive. he's curious but not morbid enough to pry into a stranger's background. that's another can of worms entirely. as if to kill the move, fernando opens up a little about himself. nothing he has is that ominous nor does he try to match it. still, he keeps in ambiguous.

"dad was a businessman. real smart guy. wanted the same for me and raised me the same way he was. mom was pretty sweet too. nothing too unusual, i guess." fernando stares at his empty glass. he considers another but refrains from going too fast, too soon. instead, he'll allow it to sit, to allow the influence to fester and settle. he doesn't feel it quite yet but the warmth is undeniable.

"went out on my pokemon journey like everyone else. wasn't too bad but i never did get all the badges. didn't have much of choice. my life's already been laid out."

@cordelia
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
LEISURE [ PRE SLATEPORT]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2019 0:06:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

she's not one to prod into nests, despite her curiosity.
[break][break]
the warmth in her bones was comforting in it's own way, and the girl was very gently swaying a little. as if she was on the ocean, the boat carrying her parents around as they did whatever they did. but something he said grated at her, and the warmth in her body prompted her to speak more brazenly. she's not even half-way into her own drink, if only because she knows to take it slow at least. and yet... she couldn't it it. it came to her, and she open her mouth. "no it's not." she said, her tone stubborn. for a moment, she's surprised herself, but then buckles down on it. "nobody's path is 'laid out' before them. people can feel obligated to follow a certain path, sure, but they always choose. there's always a choice." she said, her voice ringing with the truth of her conviction.
[break][break]
everyone could choose. even if they didn't feel like they could, there always was one.
[break][break]
and then she grins, a wide one. "I betcha you're real smart. like smart enough to already know a way out. so lemme know if you want help. I'm always down to help people." she said, taking a bigger sip this time. the burn in her throat was uncomfortable, but she felt the warmth in her cheeks, and then in her blood. it was a nice, sort of encompassing warmth. this was definitely odd. she didn't quite know how to engage the conversation from here, but she's not going to sweat it. he seems capable of carrying it on too, which is nice. she might actually make a friend that doesn't just vanish into the aether once it's all over.

[attr="class","vitalooc"][break] it lives nearly a year later I'm sorry ;w;

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
LEISURE [ PRE SLATEPORT]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2019 5:56:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando smiles at her concern for him. she's undoubtedly wrong but he won't bring it up, not when she doesn't have a clue as to who he is. "perhaps, but i followed that path. it was carved for me and there's no one else who could take it." he stares back at his drink before turning to her. "i appreciate that, truly."

fernando matches her, shot for shot, drink for drink. with a slow drawl, he stomachs the liquor and feels it lighten up when it passes through his throat. "so what now?" he pushes the empty glass forward, making a small gesture with a wave of his hand that he's ready for another.

"what're you going to do here in hoenn?"

@cordelia

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
LEISURE [ PRE SLATEPORT]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 8:59:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

it's clear to cordelia that he doesn't believe her own words, but that's ok. it is her own conviction. and she's not going to force it down his throat. but maybe, if he ever does feel trapped, he'll call on her for help. that is, if he cares to or even remembers their conversation later. cordelia can't help but know she's easily erasable. her friends tend to leave, and she's alone again, usually by her own inaction. it bothers her, but she's learned to keep smiling even if it hurts. because even just a smile can help someone else, and cordelia is filled with the need to help. that's why she helped him in the first place, and why she's here anyways.
[break][break]
"you're welcome." she simply answers. there is no speech to acknowledge his gratitude - just as long as he remembers she is there to help.
[break][break]
she goes to take another sip, only to realize the whole drink is gone. there wasn't much to it in the first place, and she blankly stares at it a moment, before letting out a small amused laugh. pushing the cup away, she tilts her face back towards the male, letting out a thoughtful hum as she works through his question. "honestly? I'm not too sure. I came to hoenn because it felt like something called me here. all I really want to do is participate in races and help people." she said. she knows the answer probably seems lackluster, but it's what she's got. she also doesn't say that it's the only things she knows how to do, but with the way her tone carried at the end, it probably was obvious. her green eyes seem to focus on something else though, even as her thoughts run.
[break][break]
"I want to grow and change, and be a better person then I am right now. I want to be able to help others and have fun with life sure, but I don't really have a goal. and I guess that's what I'm looking for, here in hoenn. a goal to dedicate my life to. to be able to do something with everything that I have, with everything that I am." she adds after a few moments, her eyes refocusing on the male. even as their drinks got filled again, she searches for his eyes to stare straight at them, her gaze burning and full of determination. "that's all I can hope for. all I can wish for." she said quietly. and then she turns her face away, a smile touching her lips as she pulls the glass closer.
[break][break]
"any goals and dreams on your part?"

[attr="class","vitalooc"][break] b o n k bonk let's get it woot

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
LEISURE [ PRE SLATEPORT]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 6:41:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando matches her gaze and what she bears is a steadfast will with a need to do better. that, he can respect. but what she sees staring back isn't the same brimming fire that screams for a better tomorrow. no, what she sees is a murky uncertainty that's laced with scattered thoughts and ill formed opinions. fernando is a man of many lies and many faucets. it's only fitting his eyes reflect that, not quite giving it away but hinting at something more.

"haha, just to live a good life and one that i can enjoy." it's a standard answer for most but for him it's anything but. the lie spills out with a practiced expertise that makes it more honest than any genuine answer he could've provided. "hoenn is beautiful and there's still so much i want to do. of course, i have to take care of my responsibilities but even that i want to do to a level that will make everyone proud."

he reaches for his no longer empty glass.

"another?"

@cordelia

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
LEISURE [ PRE SLATEPORT]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2019 22:07:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

there was something... she couldn't put her finger on it.
[break][break]
something in his eyes reminded her of someone she used to know. but what exactly that was - and needless to say, whom - seemed to escape her for the moment. still, it made something in her feel sad for the male. most people would probably not feel pity if they had an inkling of what cordelia was feeling. and yet she couldn't help herself. there was something off here, a bit off kilter and she knew it. was it the warmth in her throat and stomach, so unusual? was it the fact that she couldn't get a crystal clear reading on him, feeling as if she's wading through mud? or perhaps it was just the fact she disregarded the screaming of her instincts, if only to help?
[break][break]
whatever it was, it was a bog on her mind and yet she seemed at peace with it.
[break][break]
his words were typical, but the girl would accept them at face value. she lets out a thoughtful hum, her green eyes observing him even as a small smile seemed to be stuck on her face. "yeah, that's a pretty decent reason. kind of a normal thing really." she said, watching his motion. for a moment, she was merely fascinated with the motion itself, but she quickly - and mentally - shook herself out of it. her own fingers finding her own glass, she offers him a much shyer, soft smile.
[break][break]
"sure, why not?" she answers him. following her words, she takes a small sip, finding herself thinking. "hmm... what kind of thing you do for fun, if you don't mind me being curious?" she asked. the curiosity gleams in her face, and in the fact she leans closer towards him, as if to make sure she would hear all the words. it's clear by this point that it's highly likely she's never drank as much before, and is a lightweight. several layers seem to just peel off her personality, and yet she finds herself more whimsical then she's used to being. her slightly muddled mind just chalks it up to drinking, and doesn't think further on it.
[break][break]
she doesn't know, but to a practiced manipulator's eye, she's an easy target right now.

[attr="class","vitalooc"][break] fastest bonk I think .w.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
LEISURE [ PRE SLATEPORT]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 7:34:50 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] fernando raises his new glass and shoots that one down as well. her sip is too slow for his pacing and he wants to feel the burn tingle across his chest. "fun?" he's prepared for this question along with every other standard ask people exchange upon meeting. it's only been a good twenty years of lies and deceit. the easiest way to do so is to answer with the redundant staples that everyone knows and uses. "i like to travel. to explore the world and the wonders of the region. i also like battling even though i'm really bad at it, haha."

he notices her lean closer but doesn't mention it. he can only assume it's the mutual feeling of alcohol slowly seeping deeper. "how about you?"

@cordelia

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
LEISURE [ PRE SLATEPORT]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2019 14:07:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

she's amused, and somewhat admiring of how he just downs the whole thing. she notices his hesitation, and frowns a little. could he not think of anything fun off hand? that seemed to ring badly with cordelia, as a little frown seems to have taken residence on her forehead. but when he asks her, she seems to perk up, glowing even. "oh! well firstly, I don't think you're bad at battling, I've seen you fight those wild pokemon. I told you that you were a smart cookie, and I meant it! but... for fun? I like to participate in races. I don't know, just something about going fast that's fantastic." she said, her face taking on a slightly wistful look.
[break][break]
"you're just there, on a bike or a car, the wind blowing through your hair and on your face. you're blasting either eurobeat, meatloaf or maybe industrial metal - and it seeps into your bones like a beat in your heart. you can feel your wheels turning on the road as if your body itself is running. and then you see your prey, your quarry ahead. you calculate how much it'll take - you gun it as a test to see if they'll gun it too. and then you see that tight corner. they slow down, but you know this city like the back of your hand - so you speed up. madness! you can hear them call. but you're not mad - you're confident. you pull off that tight corner pull, and are now ahead.
[break][break]
so you taunt them as you make them eat your dust. you cross the finish line, come to a stop as the crowd waits for all of the racers to stop - going in early causes death you know - and the whole race is celebrated."
she said, her hands moving as she described the scene. it was one she was part of often - she always made sure to learn the track she was going to race in. she lets out a soft gentle sigh, and she finds her fingers making patterns on the side of her glass. "it's... something that some people don't take to. but I was raised with it. granpa used to race, daddy used to race before work kept taking him away. it's the most fun thing I do with my time." she said, grinning widely. that's how you were supposed to tell someone what you do for fun, she thought.
[break][break]
no hesitation, and with clear passion. so to her, that meant this man before her had not found something 'fun' to do with his life, which was unfortunate. which also meant she had to help him find one!

[attr="class","vitalooc"][break] bonk! bonk! and ooh look at that happiness... too bad it's gonna be crushed soon thee hee~

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
LEISURE [ PRE SLATEPORT]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2019 2:18:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] the topic drifts back to racing and fernando gives the sport a more serious consideration. having never participated himself, he can only surmise the entertainment of the such a pastime. the only thing he understand is the speed, having ridden multiple pokemon that exceed the leisurely speed set for safety standards. while he doesn't find the same exhilaration in such actions he can grasp why others would. however, the music genres go over his head completely and he doesn't inquire any further.

his smile is the antithesis to his actual interest. it beams with one that show an appreciation for her interest in the matter and just how enthusiastic she comes off as. "wow. it sounds like you really have something you enjoy. that's admirable, really." fernando glances back to the bar and then to his empty glass, entertaining the idea of another.

@cordelia

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]