NOODLES

NIKOLAI
HE/HIM
TWENTY-FIVE
CYBER BOY
GYM LEADER
37 height
37 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolai
NIKOLAI PETROV
meilleur [ closed | future ]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2018 19:46:51 GMT
NIKOLAI PETROV Avatar

the silence is deafening as it fills the room, refusing to subside even for a moment as discomfort grows within him because something's not right. he's not himself anymore.

'your body's healed at a remarkable rate that modern science simply hasn't doesn't allow for yet. you were most likely healed by a pokemon.'

it's the first crack that makes him doubt himself. he has no pokemon that have healing capabilities. it makes no sense of his opponent to beat him to the brink of death only to heal him; he doesn't remember it, but his body tells the tale of someone who should have died.

the second crack comes from his phone: it's broken but they tell him it's from excessive water damage which doesn't make sense because he doesn't have a water-type.

the third crack comes from pictures of his gym: it's of him and his steel-types, which he has absolutely no recollection of. it doesn't take much to make him sure of one thing:

this memory is not his.

---

the door knocks. yesterday it was but today it's a different guest: dewford's gym leader has finally graced him with her presence.

"i didn't think you'd come." 

he hasn't had contact with anyone else since the incident but even if he did, he's not sure if he would have even tried. the common theme that revolves around him is that the people he cares about get hurt. first it was rocket and his family; and now it's sootopolis, it's , it's that have all been affected.

he's tired of being the cause of their pain.

his gesture guides her to the chair next to his bed. "are you okay?" he asks before she has a chance to. he shifts in the bed as she approaches, meeting her gaze if she'd give it.

"it's good to see you, sveva." 

his tone of voice is different: it lacks the usual indifference that normally drenches his tone. perhaps he could change.

for the better.

@sveva
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2018 3:06:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar

their night together is still hazy. she remembers her sober moments vividly, arriving at his gym and waking in his bed, but the process in between is unclear. drunken jests that led to drunken pestering that ended in a drunken sequestering away into one another's arms. it's strange; she recalls liking it but not what about it she liked.

maybe it's this confusion that leads her to visit a man she doesn't know (doesn't really know) in the hospital. it's definitely the reason she hides a flask in her jacket at reception. their only connection is booze and sex, and she doubts they'll let her offer the latter in the shape he's in.

that doesn't stop her stomach from flipping when she sees his face again.

"uh, yeah, like . . . i didn't know if i would either."

she fumbles her words a little more than usual. it's been a while since she's been in this situation; sharing a room with someone of intimate relation to her. this thought is followed quickly by another, that it's been a while since she's had anyone intimate to share a room with period. they're nonsensical things that don't belong here in this situation but she can't put them out of her mind regardless.

he gestures at the chair and she takes a moment too long to return to earth and follow his directions, and when she does her feet are hurried and anxious. for a moment she worries that her strange preoccupations will throw her completely off her game until he asks her if she's okay. it settles on her ears strangely and then all at once she's laughing.

"what kinda question is that? you're in the hospital here, not me."

the short fit of giggles subside quickly, but his warm words keep her upturned lips smiling.

"it's good to see you too nikolai. . ."

when she speaks her hands hover awkwardly. they reach for him before retracting, and then reach for her jacket before recoiling again as she looks at the door, and then once again find themselves hovering awkwardly over his person. all at once she's jumbled again -- a mix of intentions she can't place.

close tab

played by

NOODLES

NIKOLAI
HE/HIM
TWENTY-FIVE
CYBER BOY
GYM LEADER
37 height
37 height
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolai
NIKOLAI PETROV
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2018 15:32:35 GMT
NIKOLAI PETROV Avatar

the sounds of her laughter evoke similar sounding ones from him and he allows it. on the bare surface of it, sure, they can be seen as mere strangers who had one intimate night together. but below that is something that he can't quite describe. he feels happy, which isn't an uncommon feeling, but this feels different. he can't explain it.

but it's why he hasn't pushed her away.

"dunno. thought you might have been at the gym looking for me, or something." he means it more as a joke but if the thought was true, it'd be heartwarming, to say the least. her lips upturn into a smile and his does the same.

he can tell she feels awkward; perhaps not knowing what to do or how exactly to act around him; because, again, they are still strangers for the most part. he knows her name and that's about it.

he reaches out and finds her hand, taking it in his. "it's fine. calm down." a smile of reassurance looks to ease her. "i'm glad you're here." 

noticing something earlier, he points to her jacket. "did you bring me a gift?"

@sveva